Help my nasty, oily, pimply ass face

I've got a couple of questions regarding skin care, specifically the face. I've got an oily face and currently have nasty red, inflamed, whitehead pimples just waiting to be popped.

>Should I pop my pimples and then wash my face or just leave them be and wash my face?

>What temperature should I wash my face? (lukewarm, hot, cold)

>Is it a good idea to put lotion on my oily ass face?

>Is there anything I can do about acne scars?

>What can I do in the future to prevent breakouts? (diet, routines, etc)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21335995
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Should I pop my pimples and then wash my face or just leave them be and wash my face?
No. It will make them worse / lead to potential scarring.

>What temperature should I wash my face? (lukewarm, hot, cold)
Warm-Hot when you cleanse, then cold to close your pores.

>Is it a good idea to put lotion on my oily ass face?
Yes.

>Is there anything I can do about acne scars?
Creams/Laser/Derma Rolling

>What can I do in the future to prevent breakouts? (diet, routines, etc)
Pic related is my stack.

Oh, and avoid dairy. Shit is the plague.

Wow, that's quite a lot of products you got there, user. You've definitely got it goin' good for yourself.

Gotcha, thanks.

i think you should look at your diet and exercise routine, a lot of acne for me personally started going away once i ate healthier and such.

Is dairy really that big of a factor or is it just a meme?
I do enjoy some quality cereal with whole milk and a few yogurts a day for taste/nutrition

Alright, will do.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21335995

Not a meme. Whey Protein to skin is literally cigarettes to lungs. That aside, I still have a scoop of whey a day.

>whey is bad for the skin

Don't listen to this idiot

If you're prone to acne it'll happen regardless of your diet.

user walk into a Sephora and ask for help. Tell them your situation and they will recommend products for you. Their sales reps have good product knowledge. They'll know exactly what to give you and help you not break the bank at the same time.

Yeah OP, listen to this guy who recommends you to go into a chicks store which specializes in make-up with girls who have the skin knowledge comparable to a beauty vlogger. He knows WAYYYYY more than scientists.

Wash your face with soap at the end of the day but use a moisturizer afterwards. Change your pillowcase and bedsheets regularly. Wash your hair everyday. Never scratch your head and then touch your face. Never touch your face unless there are no oils on your hands.

its really this simple. you dont need to be a faggot like just make sure you strip the oils from your face once or twice a day but moisturize it because dry skin leads to pimples

try cutting out dairy that's what helped me

what's a good face moisturizer, then

>scientist
Dermatologists have debunked the myth that diet causes acne. There are PLENTY OF STUDIES that can be googled about this.

>women that specialize in make up

I'm sure you've never been inside a Sephora, but it's more than just make up.

You're still an idiot.

>If you're prone to acne it'll happen regardless of your diet.

The hot water doesn’t actually open pores, that’s a myth. Your pores don’t change size, but are more noticeable when full of sebum and thus look bigger.

You don’t need fancy products. Find a low pH cleanser and an AHA/BHA for the acne. Then you need a hydrating layer such as a toner/serum/essence, then a moisturizer to help retain the moisture.

If you are in the US, CeraVe, Cetaphil, and Paula’s Choice are good intro brands. I personally use the Korean brand Cosrx (buy off Amazon, Sephora way overcharges) because it’s basic no frills quality products.

>Dermatologists have debunked the myth that diet causes acne

Maybe in teenagers whose hormones are just going to fuck their shit up regardless. But the idea that an adult can't expect their skin health to improve with diet/fluid intake is too ridiculous to even consider.

Honestly OP, just use a face wash with salicylic acid but no scratchy beads or wierd shit. Put a new towel on your pillow or change your pillowcase every night (yes every night, buy 5 or something, it helps more than any memey product ever will)

I find milk is terrible for my skin, it’s makes it oily and causes acne. Chocolate milk is fine however. I can’t drink homo, 2% etc. also I’m fine with yogurt and cheese for some reason.

>Sephora
You wrote pharmacy wrong

you need that lotion if you're washing your face. you think would cause more acne, but that isnt the case. if you avoid lotion, your skin will dry out, leading you to produce more oil to compensate. but if you keep your skin well hydrated, your body doesn't need to produce that excess oil.

and water. drink lots of water.

How to remove permablackheads from nose? Required to wear glasses, and I think that's 85% of the problem.

>user walk into a Sephora
>

Not op but you guys seem knowledgeable. Thoughts on Alba acne products? I used the cleanser and lotion morning/night and sometimes the sulfer treatment or toner. It completely cleared red spots on the forehead but it seems like it doesn't do much for blackheads on my nose, and I still get the occasionally pimple on my cheek.

Also, guy who suggested Cosrx, what's your suggested stack?

it will you retard. not saying that you can't limit it by having a healthy diet, but it will still happen becaue of genetics.

Don't listen to facewash shills
Do this:
Get some sun
Go swimming in the sea if you can often (salt water is goat for skin health, and you can get sun while you are at it)
Cold/colder showers
Wash face maximum of once a day with something not harsh
Don't scrub and pick at your face
Pat it dry
Keep your pillowcase clean
Drink more water buddeh
Take some zinc

That took me from pizza to clear within like 3 months, after countless face washes, antibiotics, scrubs and masks and shit proved to be useless

I have the same problem. like megablocked pores and those strip shits don't work.

>Pic related is my stack.
what the fuck
The only way is the same as /nopoo/, just stop washing your face to regulate oil production, it will stabilize after a few days and you will stop haivng break outs. Don't buy into the cream jew.

Anyone have advice for rosacea?
I just finished a 3 months course of meds which did nothing, starting to panic.

>The only way is the same as /nopoo/, just stop washing your face to regulate oil production, it will stabilize after a few days and you will stop haivng break outs. Don't buy into the cream jew.

>Acne is genetics

>hurr let's massacre my skin and strip natural oils, oh shit why I keep getting pimples

I have some clogged pores on chest arms and nose
Shit is driving me crazy

Washing face few times a day but i dont use special products.
Ive tried some charcoal masks andcharcoal face wash but i dont think it helped a lot.

Those blackheads are very hard to get out mechanically not to mention with washes. I might need to drink more water tho

This.

Always had skin problems and the only way I got rid of them was to not wash my face anymore.
Splash of cold water in the morning is all you need.

Only humans have acne and it's because we use soap.

are you a woman

wash you face in the moring and night. also take L-lysine

>wash face with face wash
>pat dry with towel
>put on face cream
>drink more water
>wash your fucking sheets/pillowcase
>try to never pick or pop anything

Should you put spot cream before or after the moisturiser? Can you put both on at the same time?

>close your pores.
You idiot, pores can't open nor close, there just freaking tiny holes. If they're big, too bad, it's gonna stay like that.

Never understood the advice to not pop em, everyone who didn't pop them in high-school seems to have horrible scarring from them now.
I had awful backne for the longest time, until my gf suggested popping them and just rubbing alcohol on them, worked wonders, cleared my entire back in a month or so and left no scarring.

>left no scarring
>implying you can look at your back from close enough to see the scars
>even if it was scarred, no one sees it 90% of the time
literal brainlet

My gf can look at my back dumbass.
Also mirrors exist.

Instead of face lotion, try some sunflower oil after you wash. It's a dry oil so it doesn't feel greasy and is good for your skin. You can also add essential oils to it for maximum effect like a small amount of tea tree, peppermint, lemon, or rose geranium oil. That's what I do.

and cut sugar and alcohol out of your diet

for those black fuckers
>take a tooth brush (new one) and gently brush your nose
>do this once per week
i know it sounds retarded, but that shit actually works fine for me

I've started to use Eucerin Urea Cream for my dry skin.

it claims it's 5% Urea which is apparently a natural moisturiser, by preventing water from seeping out of the skin.

Does anyone know if this is actually good and if it cures acne?

I second this request. I have it too, but I don't wear glasses.

more info

sunflower oil
>Like many other oils it retains moisture, and therefore prevents your skin from drying out. Dry skin is more likely to develop wrinkles and age.
>it is for its effect on a wide variety of irritating skin conditions for which sunflower oil is most prized.
>non-comedogenic, can be rubbed into your skin without generating pimples or spots.
>particularly suitable for the treatment of acne where more traditional treatments have failed. If you have acne that nothing seems to have helped, then sunflower oil is definitely worth trying.
>also high in the antioxidant vitamins A, C and E.

tea tree oil
>Besides its well-known antimicrobial properties, tea tree oil displays anti-inflammatory activities.
>in one study, both tea tree oil and benzoyl peroxide helped reduce acne, but fewer patients in the tea tree oil group reported skin discomfort. Another study, found tea tree oil to be 3.6 times more effective than the placebo used.
>in terms of overall acne severity, tea tree oil was 5.8 times more effective.

lavender
>treats acne breakouts thanks to its analgesic, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties.
>inhalation of the oil provided significant calming effects on participants. Because some acne is associated with stress, reducing tension can calm down breakouts.

lemon
>valuable antibacterial properties.
>lemon essential oil has demonstrated strong antibacterial activity against some of the most common strains of bacteria.
>ideal for whiteheads and other pimples that stay under the skin since lemon essential oil can irritate open wounds or raw blemishes.
>can also use lemon essential oil for acne scars. Lemon helps remove dead skin and improve skin tone.

>tfw drinking 32oz of milk per day :^(

drink more water, only splash yourself with water in morning or when you have to clean face

Soap should only be used for tough skin - hands

>fall for the no dairy meme
>literally nothing changes after months without consuming any
wew

>almost everything has powdered milk in it
>he thinks he's "no dairy"
wew lad

have you tried using egg white strips? i've seen some girls on youtube do it and it looks quite effective for nose blackheads

I meant what I said you fucking braindead retard.

gg on the Dermalogica, I go to one of their spas for facials. At home I use Kiehl's and a clarisonic.

Started eating 1-2 spoons of virgin olive oil a couple of months ago, usually sometime before going to sleep, and suddenly I never again had major pimples in my face. I'm about to turn 25 so it was about a time.

Nothing else was changed for better or worse, I eat (dairy) / shower / shave / drink / smoke just as irregularly. Used to have 1-2 bean sized pimples at different places every week on my face and stuff. They still appear in my shoulder upper traps for whatever reason but I prefer that to my face.

DO NOT follow what this post says. I REPEAT, do NOT follow what this post says.

If you pop your pimples they WILL leave awful scars that CAN NOT be erased. They can only be reduced in notoriety and the treatments are expensive as all fuck.

Go to your doctor and get a prescription for Finacea or Skinoren gel. Thats the best thing you can do.

Use it for a month and you should be acne free also avoid dairy.

If there are still breakouts, mix acne cream in with the lotion when you apply