Is planet fitness really that bad...

Is planet fitness really that bad? Im looking for a 24 hour gym cause i recently found myself with a lot of time on my hands at night and planet fitness is having that whole "$5 enrollment fee with $10 a month and a $39 hidden charge once a year" deal and was wondering if its as bad as you guys really say. Id be going after midnight, I just want to get bigger arms guys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2XMhGSXtaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I’ve been there a few times when my gym closes. You Do see quite a few newer lifters that are pretty damn dumb. There’s no squat racks or barbells just Smith machines, machines, and free weights that go up to 75 or 70lbs the staff said people move benches
In the smith machine to bench
The lunk alarm isn’t as sensitive as people make it seem you have to make some real fucking noise to set it off
Normal quiet grunts and shit like that is fine
I even make retarded faces when I lift and no one even batted an eye at me people are too self absorbed to care about others so I don’t think the oh this person is intimidating me they have to leave thing is real either

The reason I never signed up for planet fitness was the lack of bar equipment. ( squat rack, bench press)

I found a local gym thats just as expensive, has multiple squat racks and benches, and is not as busy.

>Not wanting to pick things up and put them down
Never gonna make it
youtube.com/watch?v=s2XMhGSXtaI

Planet Fitness is really that bad. At the PF in my city they only have cardio machines, pulley and smith machines. The only freeweights they have are dumbbells and they don't go any higher than 40lbs.

Unless you're just starting out or you mainly want cardio then Planet Fitness is fine I guess though. Just don't set off the lunk alarm.

I thought planet fitness was suppose to a place for the scared shitless(fatlets and skinnylets) but why then do they have this lank alarm that can go of if you accidentally drop the weights.

If I were one of these pussies who were to initmiated that I would have to go to a planet fitness I would also be scared of coming into planet fitness because of the lunk alarm, lets say some anxious fucks accidentally drops a dumbbelll and the lank alarm goes off that would be more embarrassing than anything else.

Planet fitness doesn't even make sense as a business, it's for scardy cats yet they have shit like the lank alarm that are made to publicly shame people on the spot.

IT PISSES ME OFF HOW RETARDED PEOPLE IN AMERICA ARE! FUCK!

PF is not a place to work out, it is a place where you can go and have your disfigured fat body validated. It is the manifestation of a fat acceptance forum in physical form.

If you actually want to improve your life and get fit, you go to a gym. If you want to remain fat and unhealthy, you go to PF and you complain about people actually trying to get fit to the staff and have them expelled from the gym for whatever bullshit reason you can find.

One of the best reasons is 'being intimidated'. It can mean anything. That hot girl is wearing clothes that show off her body? You were intimidated. That guy was giving his workout all he's got? You were intimidated. Instead of having to adapt to normal, functional social awareness you just have everyone kicked out if you don't agree with what they do.

It's basically a place for numales, cucks, fat lardasses and edgy leftists to go and have a jab at people who genuinely try to improve themselves, but believed (wrongly) that PF was the place for them to work out.

What if PF is literally the only gym within a 25 mile radius?

I mean Ive looked elsewhere but PF is literally the only gym near me.

If there is no other way, subscribe, and do actual research what you have to do to achieve your goals. Don't listen to PF members or trainers they are uninformed and don't know jack shit about getting fit.

Don't become one of those whiney bitches that get people expelled from the gym though. Mind your own workout and let other people have theirs.

It makes great sense as a business. They bring fatties in with the "no swole guys body shaming you" and charge $10pm so it's cheap enough that when they "forget" about their membership it doesn't matter. Times that by 100+ at each place.

Planet fitness bad. I am considering a part time job at the night shift there. I work out at night and its usually the same five or ten people there and I've gotten to know a few fairly well. I like it I've made plenty of good gains there.

my gym is a hole in the wall, but it's 24 hours, has old school olympic weights, very little cardio equipment or machines, only accepts cash or check, and is so little known that our new years rush was like, 10 new people at most.

I go to Planet Fitness and it's not that bad. They have a version of a smith machine that I can squat and deadlift in, plenty of dumbbells (up to like 80 lbs) for things like bench and OHP, lots of random cardio equipment including a stair machine, and several good weight machines.

Mine is not crowded at all and I have a good time. And yes, my strength is progressing.

It's not bad, it's just not very good. If you have literally no other options and/or are just looking to better yourself and don't care about basically wasting your noob gains, it's fine. Use the dumbbells for all your chest and overhead pressing, don't do smith deadlifts, and don't eat the pizza.

I have a PF membership but the one I go to has more equipment than others from what it sounds like.

It has dumbbells, two types of barbell sets, two rowing machines, three leg presses, three stair machines, arc trainers, kettle bells etc. I think it’s worth $10.

I wish there was a place nation wide that just had real workout equippment, a nice setting, showers, hot tub, and sauna in each location

I miss the Y but planet fitness is just repelling. It's designed to be repelling, they want you to pay for a membership and then you wont want to go (large ugly room, noisy, bad music, bad lighting, bad layout) and hopefully forget about your renewing membership fee. That's their business model

the lunk alarm shit is just part of the image to draw in fatties and ignorants

I saw a commercial last night and one of the selling points of membership was pizza
Pizza is now a structural part of Planet Fatness

Why is this fat person with a fake accent telling me about equinox?

Well, they have two giant buckets of candy sitting at the front desk at the one near me. Half of the place is filled up by treadmills and the free weights section is a joke. Yes, it really is that bad.

Get a pull-up bar.
Doing calisthenics is probably a better use of your time than PF.

Lunk alarm doesn't just go off when people drop weights, a staff member has to actually press the alarm button. It's just something they use to shame people that are actually trying, which doesn't even work because most of the time people only act out because they WANT the attention from triggering it.

People who are actually trying don't go to planet fatness

PF is a franchise, right? There are probably a bunch of shit ones because the owners just want to make money off the memberships instead of having decent equipment.

Open your own fucking gym. Seriously.

Would take awhile. If you want quality equipment it would take a couple thousand to get it all.

yeah idk ive had memberships at two different gyms and they were nice and had plenty of equipment