Stuck at 85kg 5*5 bench

>stuck at 85kg 5*5 bench

I weight 66kg, i just want to bench 2 plates for reps. Is it too much too ask

Yea same. I'm on ppl

why ya wanna do that?
so all the teenage bois look at you and be like OH WOW THIS GUY IS SO STRONK

bench is overrated. I do dumbell annd cable flyes, as well as pectorial machine (one of few machines I actually use) and have a good chest, while not destroying my shoulders.

>good chest
post your pic

You need to eat a lot more to get past that.

That is amazing for your weight!

Gotta eat big to be big

Youre probably lifting bitch weight. Good chest, my ass. I noticed 85-100 kg working sets is when chest starts to take shape.

>>stuck at 85kg 5*5 bench

Everything works until it doesn't.

If your 5x5 progress has came to a halt..

Try higher intensity, 5 sets of 3

or

Try lower intensity 3 sets of 8

When progress in the new rep range halts, go back to 5x5.

If you can do 5 sets of 5 your not using enough weight, or not doing enough reps. For me, 5x5 is the goal, not the starting point.

For me, the starting point is 3333. 3333 becomes 4433 becomes 4443 becomes 5443 becomes 5543 becomes 5554 becomes 5555 and then you move back to 3333

also note that I don't actually do 5 sets, but you get the point. After the strength work I move on to 3x8 for hypertrophy idk

How's your form user? Shoulder blades squeezed together

i'm short (173cm) and i look really bulky over 70kg, i feel better at lower bodyfat

Are you a girl? If so youll never bench 2 plates.

NO !

Well youre very light, eat some food and get off 5x5 and switch to a weekly linear gains program.

this may sound weird, but from experience, the best progress I made on bench is when I'm doing it 4-5 days a week. If I do this for weeks on end I can reliably get strength gains. If I bench only twice a week it stays the same. If I take a week off, it seems to take a week of benching daily to reach peak weight again.

>Gotta eat big to be big
>173cm
>thinks he looks "bulky" over 70kg
you are just one MASSIVE faggot, arent you?

saged

You are quite strong for your weight, man. Getting to 2 plates at 66kg is a motherfucker. If you just care about the poundage then go eat and gain some size

100kgs working sets is when my chest started to be visible through my shirt and had people comment on it. But I'm 1,86cm (6'1) and 210lbs (96kgs) so someone much shorter or lighter or with less fat would look far better while lifting much less than this

Take some test and tren and do 3 plates instead

Hepburn method

Do you do it for free?

Is it normal to take 2 or 3 workouts to get to a full 5x5 when you increment the weight?
This is happening to me and I'm only benching 60kg
Fuck, I'm only incrementing by 2.5kg

same, make my best bench gains on like 4 times a week

Yeah, but just switch to 3x5 if you want to progress faster.

I do the following 8 day cycle, one piece every other day

2 sets of 3 reps at 185
3x5 at 90% of 190
3x8 at 77.5% of 190
2x12 at 67.5% of 190
New attempt 2x3 at 190
3x5 at 90% of 195
Etc

Been working. Slow but steady. Current triples are 270.

>tfw bench 2pl8 for 2x5,1x5+
>bench 1.75pl8 for 3x8
>do incline db 3x12
>do dips
>chest still looks shit

Get on a harder program than 5x5, actually exert yourself when lifting, which as long as you are getting the nutrition you need is the most important thing, you can't do the same thing over and over and expect improvement. Eat more if you aren't getting enough food.

Wait what? Can you explain this better please

So you do 4x3 then 2x4, 2x3.... and so on?

This is complete bullshit.