Question

Does anyone here on Veeky Forums play a musical instrument? I wanna see the music tastes of the people on this board who are into fitness

Sincerely: Tenor Saxophone player

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNkl1avYXRM
vocaroo.com/i/s0CvX2ITOM5x
vocaroo.com/i/s0bDgqx9m1mZ
youtube.com/watch?v=3zh2xeIGguo
youtube.com/watch?v=zaP8NGML_QE
youtube.com/watch?v=rVAXyZCbFdI
youtube.com/watch?v=coX8RsAN3V4
youtube.com/watch?v=8bxmk09lCzk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No but your mom blows my whistle

I play trombone and guitar pretty well, dabble in keyboard instruments, banjo, drum kit and string bass.

I mostly listen to Bill Evans while I'm working, or anime music during workouts.

Piano and violin, also fuck around with a guitar but not too great.

sounds cool

you play in a band anywhere?

99% of what I listen to is punk rock. Most people on here seem to listen to only death grips, sabaton, and anime soundtracks in that order.

I played in a funk band in highschool and college but then that kind of dissipated as people got jobs and wives and such.

I'm trying to get good enough at bluegrass standards to join in some jams during the annual festival.

trumpet and guitar player here
fagwinds btfo

violin, 10 years

Guitar. Preferably acoustic

classical trained pianist for 13 years. if you're one of those fags who thinks he's cultured because he listens to classical and jazz. fuck off

stravinsky is one of my personal heros
but i love me some madonna and frank zappa. that lil pump guy got a couple decent pop songs also. enjoy wut u enjoy. taste is subjective

zap is good shit, hot rats is my favorite album

The fuck are you on about?

off-topic rant. i visited our music board and it was nothing but ppl whining about album ratings and nobody not even knowing basic music theory. and this patrician and pleb word being spammed every post.

Used to play piano, seriously played drums for 8 years and picked up a guitar two months ago. I tend to listen to everything in cycles. I don't like music that feels like I could've come up with it myself (i.e. most of the mainstream EDM and Ed Sheeran's work)..

Why does music taste matter? Honestly it's just like any other taste. I like broccoli, maybe you don't. It's all okay it doesn't matter

youtube.com/watch?v=cNkl1avYXRM

I play the piano and perform regularly with my blues band. Honestly I prefer producing my own songs, though. But, the money is not bad and free dinner and beer.

Do you play jazz or something?

Been studying classical voice for 8 years now

I play the clarinet in a band during the summer, usually just third but I fill in for the seconds whenever someone has to miss a concert

I'm a percussionist, I sing in the symphony chorale of a major American city, and I'm in a small seminary choir

I play guitar poorly. I have 3 guitars which need restringing.

I also make shitty noise music hiphop beats.

Guitar for almost 6 years
Picked up classical about 1.5 years ago
I'm practicing Tango en Skai right now

play jazz piano and make weird shit with my synth

Voice isn't an instrument.

Played guitar and various stringed things (mando, uke, bass) for a good while. Got tired of playing metal and shredding so I've been more into post-rock and weird drone stuff lately.
Been learning classical guitar recently, it's a lot of fun. Also trying to get into electronic production but the DAWs are super hard to understand for me so that might take a while.

Tenor Sax player as well.

It's incredibly versatile. It can be the star of the show or add another layer of depth to a song in pretty much any genre of music. The guitar is cool, especially classical guitar, but the Saxophone just has the unique cool factor that many instruments lack.

Looking into potentially learning alto sax in the future. Also wish I had stuck with some piano skills when I was younger.

I play tenor, bari and bassoon

Piano gives you nice forearm and hand gains

I would advise giving soprano a try if you are looking for a softer and smoother sound, tenor is more for Rock/Jazz

r8 me
vocaroo.com/i/s0CvX2ITOM5x

notu badu user-kun

Trumpet and piano. I fuck around on drums sometimes. I'd love to learn how to play the guitar as well.

>the unique cool factor
I envy this about sax players. Playing any sax just looks so cool.

I'm currently learning guitar, I literally only started learning so I could play some trve kvlt riffs.

Picked up guitar when I was 8, played for 3 years and then completely gave up because videogames were more fun. 21 now and been playing solidly again for about a year and a half.

Black metal riffs are so fun to write desu

Get one, it's really easy to learn it through the internet, theory will be especially easy after learning piano

Been singing since I was 6. Dabbled in classical, but my voice is apparently better suited for jazz. I also play the guitar and the ukelele.

Examples of artists I like would be:
>Dance Gavin Dance
>Hozier
>Amy Winehouse
>Jack Conte
>Chiodos
>Beth Hart

Guitar, bass guitar (underrated), banjo

I also try to play as many genres of music as I can, such as playing metal guitar on my electric to playing classical on my nylon string

Literally see this thread occasionally on every board. I like making music too but this is not the place to discuss it.

That said, percussion uber alles. Most Veeky Forums instrument. See also "Mahler hammer"

Sounds pretty good, user, keep it up.

What is that piece?!

I used to play drums many years ago. But I'm old and fat now.

vocaroo.com/i/s0bDgqx9m1mZ

this is my own pleb tier electronic music. all i hope is that it makes you think of a landscape.

I play guitar, bass, drums and learning piano and I'm fucking jealous of this guys talent

Trumpet, unmatched lip and mouth muscle gains

I'm a clarinetist and I have an audition on Monday..

Trumpet, euphonium, guitar, but mostly tuba. Is Sousa not the highest test instrument?

Bass Trombone or String Bass is highest test.

Drums, though I'm sloppy as fuck.
Anyone over 25 ever take lessons for the first time?

song a day m8 and you'll make it happen. It can be shit as long as it's finished

I fell for the violin meme and currently taking classes only for the technique/music theory

>as long as its finished

I haven't finished a single thing i've ever started

i was trained to play trumpet, classical and jazz. i picked up guitar and various percussion over the years. i've been meaning to clean my horn and start playing again. my chops are probably trash though.

Piano... and have a guitar and ukulele I mess around with from time to time.

youtube.com/watch?v=3zh2xeIGguo

I wanna learn to play Sax so bad, is buying a cheap $250ish student Sax worth it, or should I just not waste my time?

guitar electric for the most part, played sax before when i was really young.

I play eletric bass, and i´ve been in a jazz music college for 3 years now.

Taste:I really like Jazz, mainly 50s-60ish jazz records they made back in the day, Frank Zappa, Jony Mitchell,classical music but when im lifting i like to listen to some hype metal like Manowar.

if you can afford it, yes. tenor sax is pretty accessible as far as woodwinds go.

depends

if you genuinely have the drive and eagerness to learn then all will be good, even if you start from a cheap sax

remember that today you have the internet that has tons of knowledge and help there for you, it's not like 20 years ago where if you didnt have a good teacher - you were fucked

Im a double bass player, been playing for about 19-20 years. Jazz background but have been playing alot of salsa and latin jazz lately.

Piano 27 years and guitar 2 years.
I listen to and play Western art music and some traditional musics primarily but many others are not bad either.

Guitar is my best instrument but I started out on bass and can also play drums and compose (but not really play) on piano.

Played like 4 years in a worship group dancing back and forth between lead guitar, rhythm guitar and bass, basically whatever we needed as people came and left

Lately I've been getting into folk and americana, stuff like Townes Van Zandt, stopped learning learning theory and started learning songs again which has rejuvenated my love for guitar

I also want to learn to sing..I've been progressing really slow by myself but I may take lessons at some point

examples of shit I like:

youtube.com/watch?v=zaP8NGML_QE
youtube.com/watch?v=rVAXyZCbFdI
youtube.com/watch?v=coX8RsAN3V4
youtube.com/watch?v=8bxmk09lCzk