Is this typical of western men?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/433074-the-average-bench-press-for-adults/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=335812
youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z3ReAh3JM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This pains me...

Yes
What Veeky Forums doesn’t tell you is that 1/2/3/4 is genuinely stronger that 90% of the world population

wtf is 1/2/3/4 and how do I achieve so I can fuck all the grills and probide bor bamily

livestrong.com/article/433074-the-average-bench-press-for-adults/
Is this full of shit? A lot of places says people that have never lifted before somehow bench 135-150.

Gas the kikes race war n-
actually.. can we get a few more years? idk if we're really there yet

>tfw emaciated twig and can only bench 50 lbs

jsut end my life

why are you so angry?

There's no fucking way

You'll make it brother. I could barely half rep 60 pounds when I first started. Now I can do a single rep of 170.
I was also 100 pounds, and now am 138 and doing my first cut ever.
Took many years because on and off, but we all gonna make it.

>tfw he could bench more at 100 pounds than i can at 130

I want to believe this is garbage, but I've just started doing bench for the first time in years and I'm hitting 135lbs for reps.

Maybe if they were active before, my cousin who's 195lbs and did sports in high school could bench 115lbs for like 4 reps. He did say that had done bench before but never actually trained it. I, on the other hand could only bench like 65lbs for 5 but I was a skelly

> originally published as a study in the Journal of Applied Physiology in 2012 and updated in 2016 — reveal that lifting three sets of weight at 30 percent of your one-rep maximum (the amount of weight you can lift, at most, for a single repetition) actually makes for more muscle gains than lifting at 80 percent of your maximum.

full of shit mate.

I was 101 lbs and could bench 90lbs my first try.
I am 130 now and can only bench 140 for reps. I have gotten stronger, but not relative to my bodyweight.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=335812
Even people from 10 years ago were saying 135 is the average.
Is this just a made up stat that everyone started spreading and it became a "fact"?
I find it hard to believe that people without any experience can bench so much right away.

>there's no fucking way
I started out benching 195
Doesn't sound too unrealistic for people with manual labor jobs such as myself

I was doing half reps, so I didn't even bring it all the way down. They were honestly probably more like quarter reps if you want to feel better.

90% of your body weight seems good for when you started, but gaining that much weight and only lifting 50 pounds more seems kinda odd.

I'm 117 lbs and have been going to the gym for two weeks now. I'm going to assume that for people like us with next to no muscle mass at all, our bodytype and leverages play a much larger role in what we can lift. I'm 5'8" and have as proportional of a body as you can have and I'm benching 85x5 for 5 sets right now but I've seen people the same size as me doing more and less.

I weighed 120
Could bench 95 max starting

Now im 135 benching 170

Dl - 325
S- 260
OHP- 110

Not sure I will ever make 1/2/3/4 desu
Im 5'7 and have been lifting for 5 months now

the sad part is that im 25 years old doing this. ive never been a gym before from emaciation and sheer humiliation of being at this point

>lifting for only 5 months and is already benching 170 at 135 pounds claiming he cant make it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How did you progress? What sets and reps were you doing, when did you add more weight and how much did you add?

>Not sure I will ever make 1/2/3/4 desu
>Im 5'7 and have been lifting for 5 months now
Those are pretty good stats for only doing 5 months.
You'll make it.

>could bench 95 pounds the very first time at only 120 lbs and benching 170 at 135 after only 5 months
>thoe stats, again, after only 5 months
>this humblebragging fake modesty

CHAD INCOMING. are you also one of those guys who posts their ottermode body on here claiming to be "dyel"

>the sad part is that I'm 25 years old doing this

Actually, so am I. I've started going to the gym because looking like a 14 year old at 25 isn't something I feel like I can just shrug off anymore. My goal isn't to get big, it's to get normal. I'm finding that killing myself in the gym is the easy part. It's much more difficult to get the calories I need.

I do full bodies

AxBxAxB

A

Power cleans
Squat
Bench (or a varient)
Row (db or bent over or cable)
Ohp (db or military)
Triceps
Biceps

B

Overhead squat
Deadlift
Bench (or a varient)
Row (db or bent over or cable)
Ohp (db or military)
Triceps
Biceps

I just do what feels good for the day.

shit well you know what look at that, you are a 117 pound holocaust twig 5'8" 117 while compratively i am a mere north korean work camp level of 5'9" 130 and yet you are still benching 35 more pounds than me. lel

it's also more believable if someone is 6'2 230 lbs when they start

It's the difference between skinny and skinny fat. I'm very active and I'm sitting at around 10 or 11% BF. If your forearms don't like a roadmap by your second set of dumbbell curls then you're carrying a lot of extra fat at that weight.

what weight do you curl

I've only curled once in my two weeks so far. It was 20 lbs and my form was questionable.

I have pretty good genetics but my first bench ever was 170lbs when I weighed 165 in highschool. Coincidentally, when I started getting back into shape as a 250lb fatty, my 1RM was also 170lbs. I'm topping out at 320 now at 209lbs.

Unless you don't do anything in your day to day life, an adult male should be able to get 135 up at least once. That is average muscle mass. Older people struggle due to other issues, younger people aren't developed enough.

1 pl8 OHP
2 pl8 bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 DL

>Unless you don't do anything in your day to day life,

what is it with you people here thinking that :unless you do nothing" you should be able to lift weights like these? do you people think that a normal person's day who doesn't go to the gym consists of doing things equivalent to bench pressing, deadlifting, and curling, and lifting large weights over their heads?

138 pounds? How high is your bf%? You probably should have started cutting a lot sooner.

I don't believe you, if they can't squat 100lbs this means they can't even go down the stairs

You were squatting over 100 when you started?

Is 1/2/3/4 1 rep?

I consider myself a pretty strong for a normie and I only push 50 pound dumbells (10 times ) in bench position

Lift and find out

Yes. Most people have the strength to do more than they are doing now. Active people tap into that strength much easier. A CNS that is used to load and being used to going to be able to fire much more properly than an inactive CNS. New lifters get great "noob gains". Not because they gain their first 15 lbs of muscle faster but because they learn how to properly access their strength and apply it.

>he walks down the stairs full squat ROM.

If you were talking about skating down stairs, something that you have to actually train for, then you'd have a point.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7Z3ReAh3JM

Right before I started cutting I was 17% I believe. I didn't mind really because I liked having actual meat on my body instead of being a spooky skeleton.
But I started getting some fat on my sides, so I decided I should probably stop bulking, and go for the new challenge of cutting and seeing what I looked like with an actual toned body.

That's 100lbs plus your normal bodyweight. Do you normally walk up and down stairs with two bags on cement on your shoulders?

So you count your bodyweight when you squat? No wonder most of Veeky Forums is "stronger" than me.
Do you also count your bodyweight for your bench?

If you break your leg or hip then learn how to walk you'll hit a 100lb squat before you do a slow rom down the stairs or a regular pace down the steps. Idiots forgetting you're on one leg. You don't know what it's like until you experience it

Do you walk down stairs while lmao3p8?

I've experience walking down the stairs before.

when I started 6 months ago i was an Auschwitz 90-100lb and couldn't even bench the bar without a spotter.
im 5'6 and benching 135 right now at 120lb. my goal is 140lb but i look jacked by normie standards already, so you must look like my dream body haha, you're gonna make it bro.

forgot to mention, this is for reps not 1RM

post pic of your "jacked by normie standards" 120 lb body

>changing the subject

I really dont look that good desu
But thanks man, those were all my 1rm
I rep 155 for 5

Youll prob pass me up as my diet hasnt been set in stone and I dont get as much sleep as I should be

Yeah it's probably the sleep letting you down

>huurrr if you can't do lmao1pl8 you can even breath

Try 99% of men

Lmao sure why not. I'm not saying I consider myself jacked by any means but if you have low bf/abs normies will always comment on your "strong physique" if they see you without a shirt.

>Inb4 roasts

Holy shit you are jacked.
You're also not old enough to be here :(

>tfw all these lanklets complaining about eating tons of calories and starting at 120 or 130 lbs
>tfw I'm 163 lbs at 5'9 and still trying to shred this fat
>tfw trying to bench or squat on 1300 calories is pure fucking suffering

If you're not being sarcastic (which you probably are) thanks bro
Also how did you know I was 17.9999999999??? Now the cyber police are gonna arrest me ;(

>roasts
I'd spitroast you with my buddy.
Not a roast, lookin good, cunt.
Nohomo.

Nothing gay about a bunch of dudes fucking a bloke.

why is 1 pl8 ohp the 1/2/3/4 standard? i i've been at 90 but my bench is only at 95 and my dl is at 180. that's with 5x5

Went first time into the gym with my classmate. Did 50kg/110lbs on bench 1X8 then only 2X5 (not counting warming up sets) then we went to squat and did 60kg/132lbs 1X10 then only 3X4. Then we went to some machines but that's not important. Is this ok for a dude with 178cm/5'10 with 65kg/143 pounds?

>Complete couch potatoes can't lift much

No shit, retard. You're the problem, not starting them out LIGHT (read: light for them) at first and LPing up into actual weight.

The most important thing for ANY workout routine is consistency, and your stupid shit is going to have them too sore to ever want to work out again. Congratulations.

SS+GOMAD

second week on SS and I just benched 3x5 100 lbs

It's not. 1/2/3/4 is significantly weak OHP, and potentially weak squat/strong deadlift depending on body proportions

Average weight for US Male is 200 pounds.

You better bet your average blue collar but overweight laborer can push up 130-150 pounds easy. Don't forget that Veeky Forums is skewed towards nerds and autists in their teens/20s.

No one agrees. Some say 5 because 1RM is retarded, others think it's just 1.

It's for 5 reps

1/2/3/4 makes you stronger than 90% of people who go to the gym. Don't forget how many people just do some machines and curls or cardio.

Then remember all the people who never work out at all.

you weigh 138lbs and are cutting? how fucking small are you?

5'6 manlet

If I'm doing 3x12 bench for about 90 pretty comfortably, what would my 5x5 and 1RM be expected to look like.

Find out and stop doing high rep sets at the beginner level

I'm 5'10 and weigh 170 and feel like a total twig

There's a calculator online that does estimates, but you can just go the gym and find out for real.