How do I become a personal trainer?

How do I become a personal trainer?

Advertise as one. It's not even regulated.

Jesus big milkers on those anime girls

Is that really it?

I have a home gym also..

get the basic certs, be in decent shape, and find a chain gym that'll take you

I've lifted for five years and I pretty much know everything but I'll study more and all day I enjoy it.

What certs should I get?

I passed the ACE certification using only knowledge accumulated through years of shitposting here

I took a pretest and passed most of it. Some of the details was test specific though

Bumpy

Bump

Typically people get educated in nutrition and fitness via college to become a personal trainer. Usually they have a BA. Those would advertise you as being legit

Do I have to get THAT much?

I'm going to finish college but if rather do something useful.

nah, if you were coaching or something that'd be great but you can find gyms that will take online certs FFS (some never even check to see if you have the cert) those gyms will usually take a huge chunk of your fees though

Depends
If you want to just get a job at a gym, either ACE, NASM, NSCA or ACSM are good. The NSCA and ACSM require a college degree though in exercise science I believe.
If you decide to do privates at their home, you may not need a cert like mentions.
But if you fuck up, you can get sued. Also, no insurance company will cover you since you aren’t certified. Not the best route to go to be honest.

Just keep this in mind OP, not every client is a 20 year old male who wants to look good just to make a Tinder profile. However, it really depends who you want to advertise to.

Last, reading is your friend. Also speciality certs are a tremendous help because not only will it cover your continuing education credits (which all certs demand of you every two to three years), but it will also expand your knowledge and know how. Which in turn allows you to train a variety of people.

Mmk I think I'll do that tbqh..I've already got 5 years of knowledge under my belt

At least it'll be expierence and a foot in the door

1. Look amazing
2. advertise yourself
3. lie

Is this some sort of game and how do I play it

you forgot
4. be greedy sociopath
5. fuck other people’s spouses

>how do you play it
You fug anime girls with big tiddies

>milk truck just arive

1. forget everything you know about fitness
2. let your clients use machines only
3. "3 sets of 10 bro"
4. "pound of protein a day bro"

>4. "pound of protein a day bro"
Then how much protein a day is optimal?

Owo

>How do I become a personal trainer?
>Pay monies for a 'training course' so you get a worthless piece of paper to frame and put on the wall
>Get a job at a gym, show aforementioned paper to old women and retirees who have never moved out of their easychair in 20 years
>Shepherd them through babby-tier exercises, knowing they'll never really improve
>Struggle to survive on shit-tier wages
>Discover 90% of your 'job' now is being a salesperson, selling your 'services' as a 'trainer'
>Go home every night and drown your sorrows in cheap beer and late-night reruns, knowing you're the lowest of the low wagecuck.
>Eventually lose fitness (and any credibility you once had) and end up a Walmart greeter

Something bothering you young man.

keep on posting anime pictures and hope for the best

dub and I'll take this route

>NSCA
NSCA and ISSA certs don't require a degree.
t. NSCA and ISSA-CFT "trainer" even if am not a trainer (my $dayjob is programmer)

>I've already got 5 years of knowledge
5 years of broscience and experience or 5 years of knowledge? Some of those certs require some (minimal) medical/scientific preparation too. You should easily find test and course material online

LOL no that's just my observations from the last 10 years of going to my gym. Unless you're in the top 1% of personal trainers (i.e. your clientele are celebrities and movie stars) you're not 'training' anyone other than old people and fat people, you don't make enough money to get ahead, and you're more or less trapped, just another wagecuck on the wagecuck treadmill. I've seen so many of them come and go. The ones who stay around are all women who are married and their husband has a real career, so it's just 'extra money' for them.

The only way to make any real money as a 'personal trainer' is if you're a con artist, and have access to rich people with more money than sense, and can con them out of huge wads of cash for your 'services'.

>Unless you're in the top 1% of personal trainers (i.e. your clientele are celebrities and movie stars) you're not 'training' anyone other than old people and fat people

Not the user you're arguing with, but probably it depends on the demographics of the gym you're frequenting. Literally all the trainees in my gym are under 45, most under 30, completely and utterly clueless DYEL and/or with severe postural problems. Trainers seem to work 10 hours a day for overall a dead-end job any way

>only way to make any real money as a 'personal trainer' is if you're a con artist
or, you know, youtube and meme-books with meme-diets and meme routines
and 99% of them didn't even have a cert
making money out of idiots spewing broscience is possibly, but you're supposed to be 1) not autismal 2) chad 3) able to sell your shit like gold nuggets

a pound, bro

About two years of actively reading and 5 lifting.

I can easily get back into studying it again legit.

Maybe..but it's better than nothing and it's still a cool ""career"" to have until you find something better

It's a really shitty job unless you work for yourself. Your stuck and the gym for around 12 hours of the day with big gaps in your schedule cause you won't have back to back appointments. The pay is shit unless you are a high ranked pt which takes a couple years to reach. You do alot of unpaid work to find clients. Your managers are always barking up your ass to meet sales goals. It's a really bad job if you are shy person cause you need to be meeting and approaching people daily as a trainer.

.__.

Owo