lifts that take forever to progress on

> lifts that take forever to progress on

fat raises

>tfw finally hit 7.5kg x 12,12,12,12 on it yesterday
>now big jump to 10kg will take ages to achieve 12,12,12,12
>if I can't do 4x8 with 10kg will simply aim for 4x15 with the 7.5kg

I basically tried to go for the 4x12 every week except on the fourth, where I would deload and do two sets with the least reps performed(basically was 2x8)

Get 8kg and 9kg dumbbells.

oh shit based user, my gym has similar/the same as your pic.
I always forget about them.

shoulder exercises are the hardest to progress yet the most fun, even the OHP sometimes I'm progressing fine but if I have a bad night of sleep it gets hard quickly even if I deload.

Is the guy in OP's pic related a framelet? He has a fair amount of muscle but still looks tiny especially if he wore a shirt.

That's Arnold
He's literally in puberty in that pic

narrow shoulders

weighted hanging leg raises

>can go up to the ceiling with my feet, like getting into hanging windshielders position, with just a tiny bend on the knees to not hurt my lower back and better engage abs
>add baby weight
>suddendly it becomes hard as fuck to go above paralel to the ground

How to get wider shoulders? I'm still skelly but I'm not even gonna bother lifting if I end up looking like this guy

Then you can fuck right off out of here because you are never going to make it with that attitude

Agreed on this one. Added 1 kg on Thursday, just 1 fucking kg. Went from 3x5 to ceiling, to 3x3 to barely parallel.

It's genetics bruh

well, it's genetics but you can create illusions.
you can do lateral raises, overheadpress, seated dumbbel press and facepulls for building some sick shoulders but we're talking about intermediate lifters like I, I do those exercises spread through the week to hit at least 2x/w frequency plus other exercises indirectly hit them like the bench press(front shoulders), rows(rear shoulder)

you also need to grow out your lats

just fucking lift faggot, I thought I had wide hips and small shoulders until I went from skinnyfat to shredded and found out it was the opposite since the lovehandles and lack of muscles were creating that illusion

here's a better one, since it's frontal position too
when I was lean bulking

Alright then. On top of that, what can my 16 year old friend do to maximize his shoulder width during puberty? Can the clavicle bone be stretched in any way?

Wait that's narrow shoulders? I'm considerably less wide than the before pic

lookin sub 170lbs mang

Look at his obliques - they are huge, and it offsets any tapering effect he is going for. Also, his abs are bloated, his crunch technique is terrible. It's like he always skips back day too tf

>what can my 16 year old friend
kek

>Can the clavicle bone be stretched in any way?

Hey, I just finished art school(inb4 underage im not) so fuck if I know but not really.

you, I mean, him should sleep plenty, 8h MINIMUM at least from personal experience 9h is the best, eat plenty of whole foods like veggies and fruits which are a staple and should be consumed every fucking day, fish, poultry, red meat(I limit this to like 1x week) and also lift.

I personally find that 50/25/25 (50% carbs, 25% of protein and fats) is the sweet spot too in terms of nutrition and lets me hit that 1.8g protons/kg ratio.

try to eat at maintenance and lean bulk once you're lean, do small cuts only if needed but do not go over long periods of extreme deficits.

supplements I'd recommend:

>creatine(everyone even non lifters should take)
>vitamin d3
>omega 3 if youre a faggot and dont eat fish frequently, WILD fish.
>zinc just to be sure

I'm just 177cm, on the previous "shredded" pic I was 63kg and on that one I was 69kg which is 152lbs IIRC, had to stop lifting for 6 weeks and lost quite some gains and gained fat, currently recovering it.
feels bad man

My 16 year old friend already takes all those supplements and sleeps perfectly every night, what he meant was is there a way to physically stretch the clavicle bone itself?

progress on what exactly?
fucking up your shoulders?

Just lift. It will increase test and test will make you develop more masculine features such as wide shoulders

Lateral raises are not an exercise that requires you to use a lot of weight anyways. Do them at the end of your worktout for that extra bit of stimulation. Also do them on cables.

>dont do heavy squat/dls too often
>grow shoulders and back
>roid if youre too insecure about it

I went from 10kg x 8 to 14kg x 10 strict form in 5 months without gaining much weight, just do them more often. Keep in mind I'm a 5'8 manlet and with shitty shoulder genetics on my second year of lifting. Try using a comfortable rep-range, increase the weight and DON'T break form

seriously? this is like the easiest lift in the world.

what did you do to escape skinnyfat mode ? just lifting on a deficit ?

EAT ONIONS

2000% INCREASED GROWTH HORMONE

>Can curl 10kg X 12 on first set, only 8 on 2nd set, then third set barely 6 if I'm pushing it
>Won't bother upping the weight until I can do 3 sets of 12

What do? I rest ~45 seconds between each set, should I just rest longer?

I dirty bulked like a retard and ended up cutting for a long time, so yeah.

seated dumbbell presses are starting to become hard, seem harder than doing them standing too since you can't use your feet to press against the ground, somehow that thing makes it easier.

>progressing on side laterals
ah yes, for the big side lateral competition

just get a pump and move on. worry about ohp progress.

da fuq, who does this? why not just progress to levers/l-sits/dragon flags?

Lmao tinytraps

>da fuq, who does this? why not just progress to levers/l-sits/dragon flags?

I dont know how to do them plus im interested in building mass on my abs not necessarily become a gymnast

I'd like to hear about crunch technique & not having bloated-looking abs. Asking for a friend.

meme exercise, only worth if you pin your ass.

Arnold Press are better anyway and more fun to do.

Are you lifting to failure? If so quit doing that. If you're not rest for about 90 seconds

>quit doing that
Why? Accessory work to failure is the best way to overload muscles.

If you finish delts work and can still take off your shirt afterwards you haven't pushed yourself enough.

He has zero lats + overdeveloped chest and abs. Basically a stereotypical gym bro.

Rest longer, at least in my experience, biceps need at least 60, preferably 90 seconds to properly recover between sets. In my case it's opposite off triceps which I can blast with no problem with 30-60 second rest.

I found that doing high reps low weight and lots of volume helped and the combination of lowering bodyfat

Lateral raise 5x12
Cable raise 10x10

I dont aim to chase weight because it hard to progress on lateral unless youre on juice.Also try lifting once a week then twice then three times

going to failure is pointless and dangerous

>pointless
Factually wrong
>dangerous
What, when curling a 15Kg dumbell? I'd agree with you if we were talking about squat or bench, but worst case scenario you drop the db to the ground and have to apologize for making noise. Also it's not actually bringing each set to failure, it's more like the last few reps should be really difficult to complete.