/plg/ - Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General: RPE is Only a Meme if You Lack Self Awareness Edition.

WAWTT?
WAWLTT?
WAWET?
WAWFT?

Idiot's guide to squatting, bracing & rooting (applicable to all lifts not just squat);
>kabuki.ms/content/fundamentals-squatting

5 pillars of benching pt 1 (watch all 5);
>youtu.be/u-H61Lf5Xb0

How to Deadlift Properly;
>youtu.be/fc4_hq7tjkU

How to cheat at deadlifting
>youtu.be/IePuEo9qwLE

Powerlifting is gay

how tall is mike t again

I'm 5' 8", so maybe 6'ish? I couldn't get over how densely built he is. Think I almost managed to out angle him though here

My bench is disproportionately low on SS. Do i just keep lifting and wait til it fixes?

What kind of autist posts the same image in two consecutive threads??

+44703004

>listen to the Jugcast with John Broz
>"Abadijev said that if he had a German Shepherd everyone in his team would be a world champion."
>"Most people go for the carrot instead of the stick."
>Doing around 50 singles with 190kg and getting a 30kg PR four days later
I know a lot of it is memes but it really motivated me. Reminder to train hard, lads.

Redpill me on hip thrust

If you're on SS you're a novice and if you're a novice your technique is probably suboptimal.
Watch the JTS video series in the OP

sex is healthy for u

He's a little shorter than me and I'm 6'

Redpill me om Westside Conjugate method

Thanks, ill check it out

It must be shit if they had to release a book saying "the program isnt bad, you just didnt do it properly"

Gay men gave a lot more sex than straight men, yet their health is worse and they die 20 years earlier on average

So I've got some gym maxes of 160/120/180. Pretty mediocre for my height/weight but linear gains aren't happening anymore. Can you bois suggest a good way to switch to a weekly progression method? Heard something like a 5x3 scheme for the big lifts followed by big volume for accessories is a decent way to start with.

>how tall is mike t again

He's somewhere between 5'8" and 6'

xI'm 100kg and197cm and can only bench 80kg after 7 years lmao somoene just kill me

>5'8
>that haircut
can't make this shit up lmoa

What? I got 80kg after 4 months
Have you had your test checked?

I'm low test as fuck and I could also bench 80kgs after 3-4 months, so unless thats a girl I doubt test is a reason.

no
i stalled at 60kg when I did SS
started with 40kg

I'm legit as low test someone can be while still being within normal range, and I got 80kg the second time I entered a gym. Not even memeing.

There's like a 99% chance that you just have to eat more and refine your technique. Also start hitting triceps.

It’s a method you dumbass

you're probably fat as fuck lmoa

I went from 60kg to 100kg in a couple of years I ate fine.

Fat manlet confirmed.

Also check'd.

Have you tried benching even once in those 7 years?

L M A O

Yes. I did SS to Texas Method to 531.

what the fuck is wrong with that bar?

Probably the fattest itt lel. I was like 90-100kg back then. Tho I have the proportions of a midget.

You're 100kg at 197cm. EAT AND BENCH MORE.

>SS/tm/531
lmao no wonder your bench is 80kg you did like everything you could to not progress at all. I bet you also squat like 300kgs and deadlift 250.

ok listen we got the dynamic effort method max effort method and repetition effort method how do you build maximum strength? well you gotta train with maximum weights strength is measured in time you see its all physics i keep telling people you can not lift a heavy weight slow you can be lazy and lift light weights slow. listen we got the stongest guys in the world training at our gym and we do max effort every frikkin week, you say i you wanna do a meet next month i say lets do it next week and i could beat ur ass coz i do max effort every week you see its the law of accomodation and to reduce sheer on the joints you gotta rotate thru the exrecses you see we would do 3 boards press off chains and bands this week and do 2.5 board with reverse bands chains and reverse chains next week you see you gotta keep changing the stimilus you see put 5 lbs on your lift and go home people keep telling me all the time 5lbs a month is not much but 60lbs a year is alot you see the correlation if we got a 400lb squatter and he prs his reverse band zercher front squat with a dip belt by 5 lbs we know he prs his max back squat by 4 50 3x22 exacty 5.5 lbs

>I was like 90-100kg back then
>wonders how he benched 80kg
lmao I knew you were fat once you said low test.

Thanks man...
Anyway you must be a manlet, try having proportionally long femurus and dl conventional.
Only weakfag believe sumo is cheating

>b-big boned

I did TM after SS because it was recommended by the SS book. I forgot I tried Madcow 5x5 after TM but I kept stalling.

My mum says I'm lovely

It just gave up

It's the new Kabuki Strength Deformer Bar™

>nope still conventional for everyone, sumo pullers are sexual deviants

It's ok bb it's just bants. I'd pull sumo if it was stronger, you can't have a cool deadlift setup for the 'gram when you pull conventional

sumo is biomechanically more efficient regardless of build the only determing factor is your ability to perform it with the right technique and having optimal hip sockets

either youre build to deadlift or youre not; aka having long arms
>bbbbut muh femurs
Cailer woolams has long as fuck femurs and long as fuck arms and he pulled 420kg sumo at like 100kg

because everyone is Cailer Woolams amirite

long femurs fuck up deadlift, it makes it a fucking squat.

Just woke up I have a pretty bad cough and I have that weird cloudy headache. I really want to go and lift, but is it safe or even beneficial?

I feel like long femurs can possibly be beneficial for sumo, because they allow you to take a wider stance without losing out on making your leverages worse.

Ss or shrieko?1

enjoy ban

What muscle does that work?

me on the bottom

need a wife to do this with t b h

>tfw won't ever be able to do this
>not because no gf
>because cum blasts out like fire hydrant
>why even live
>tfw no face

Truly wise words from a mad men

going to have to ask for source on this one, bud.

>because cum blasts out like fire hydrant

It's meant to. The guys controlling his load for the shot, probably feels nowhere near as good as shooting a load that could take her eye out.

That's the only notable part of that whole scene.

I'm going to have to determine that for myself, sir.

>accepted to olympic weightlifting team training school at 12
>24 now, preparing for my first olympics
>male, 124kg bodyweight
>max bench is 45kg
kill me

dont belive u

Except the people with the longest femurs pull conventional, are you retarded?

>long femurs make it a squat
No they don't you moron, they literally put your hamstrings in more of a stretched position, meaning you're actually doing more of a pull than a squat the longer your femurs are.

Shitty troll, if you can hold 180kg+ over your head, your triceps and shoulders are plenty strong for at least a body weight bench press (though realistically much, much more than that).

I have long femurs.
I*m fucking squatting my deadlift because otherwise it would be just a major fucking back extension.
Don't fucking try to gaslight me.

Max aita front squatted 250-260kg while doing bulgarian training and he couldn't even deadlift 200kg.
Despite front squats using similar musculature as the deadlift, and depsite the fact that he trained pulls all the time.
There is little to 0 tricep work involved in a fucking clean and jerk, you are just dropping under a barbell in order to get anything out of it you would have to do hundreds of jerks everyday to get the necessary muscle damage for proper adaptation to occur.

>I'm fucking squatting my deadlift

No you're fucking not.
Post a video.
Are you actively trying to isolate your fucking legs and glutes or something? You need to use your back when a weight is balanced in front of you.
Realize what you're saying is retarded and stop posting misinformation for other people to read.

Motherfucker even DYEL looking champs like Hysen Pulaku, training nothing but squat, front squat, snatch, c&j and the power variants, could bench decent numbers.

Tfw double equipped session again today

Odin smiles on me brother.

>otherwise it would be a back extension
Yes. The only long femured strong deadlifters that can get in some leg drive are the ones with long arms. If you don't have long arms but you do have long femurs, your conventional deadlift will be basically a SLDL.

Is there any footage of his bench?
Has he never done any bodybuilding or assistance work, just the clean and jerk and snatch?
Has he never used anabolic steroids?

>No you're fucking not.
Yes I fucking am, don't try to gaslight me; I know exactly how shit my proportions are for deadlift and from how low my pull begins.

front squat and deadlifts train the same muscles on paper but back angle is different

>If you don't have long arms but you do have long femurs, your conventional deadlift will be basically a SLDL.

This.

>muh gaslight muh gaslight
Either post a video of you "squatting" your deadlift or shut the fuck up already.
Stop whining about your fucking femurs already jesus.
I have long femurs and I don't have the issue you have, in fact I never seen anyone having to "squat" their deadlift due to long femurs.
The ones who can "squat" their deadlift are always the ones who actually can lower their hips more and put their hamstrings in less of a stretched position.

Nigger I'm not gonna spend the next hour tracking down footage of natty bulgarian style lifters doing the bench press. If you wanna keep spouting the
>can't bench 50kg even though I'm a SHW olympic lifter
go ahead but nobody will believe you.

Please film all sets for potential comedy

>natty
Hysen aint natty

You meantioned that guy could bench decent numbers, that guy has no records of his bench, there is no mention of his bench press anywhere online.
He also was caught on anabolic steroids and was an olympic level athlete.
How is that representative of the general strength one can expect from someone who has done nothing but olympic weightlifting for a few months or years?

>done nothing but olympic weightlifting for a few months or years?
See
>>accepted to olympic weightlifting team training school at 12
now
???

I mentioned Hysen because he probably has the least upper body muscle mass of any male lifter to reach WR numbers.
Pick any natty amateur that does bulgarian training, and is at least nationally competitive, and I will bet all my savings that they bench more than 45kg.

Fuck why am I even responding you're clearly trolling, no regular /plg/ user would ever consider the scenario where an actual olympic level male SHW could not bench 1 plate.

Seconding this. Here's some motivation for you gorg.

>It works for me lol btfo
(You)

just started jacked and tan 2.0 and seriously fuck volume sweet jesus

>it works for me, and everyone else I've trained with
>everyone in powerlifting and strength training claims the same to be true, that long legs make it harder to "squat" the weight up on the deadlift
>this online nobody is claiming the exact opposite with 0 footage of him deadlifting

Woah I better trust you on that one dude.

My god you are stupid, you were arguing against your own strawman all this time, lmao.

>muh strawman muh gaslight
You were the one who claimed long femurs turn a deadlift into a squat, right retard?
Keep on whining about dem long femurs dude.

Please consider band setup i sent you for maximum hilarity.

IS he mad that his hands are so tiny?

I am considering very strongly

We're two equipped sets in, eight of the day left and no injuries. Just one okay-for-week-2-depth honest to god @8 single

hey George, can you explain why you use wrist straps? not trolling, legitimately curious as to how they help you

In the squat? I like to have my arms tight to my torso and the wrist wraps help my grip closer to the shoulders without wrist pain.

Looks high

And it works

It is! But it's good for week 2 of 16.

They do, I can vouch for that as a 6'4 person whose arms are far above his knees: either I do a hip's held high back extension or squat down for deadlift.

Full gear on week 2? Breaking in a new suit or what

I'm a meme

>Yes I fucking am, don't try to gaslight me; I know exactly how shit my proportions are

I bet that attitude gives you real confidence when you step up to the bar.

Must be nice to have all your excuses pre-planned. I'm sure everyone feels bad for you.

If only you had the proportions, you'd be repping 700 llbs, right?