/fat/ The self improvement general

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rosadyn.com/rosacea/skin-care/when-a-red-exercise-face-is-beyond-normal/
youtube.com/watch?v=PQe9hnkCDTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

VEGETABLES POWER CHART:
1. Broccoli
2. Cauliflower
3. Zucchini
4. Carrots
1000. Pumpkin
90000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. Asparagus

/fat/ survey: what tasty & healthy food did you discover that’s helped you along your weight loss journey?

Fuck pumpkin

>Used to be 6'1 210lbs after a year of high stress and a lot of alcohol
>Become NYR fag and start working out with a PT Jan 3rd.
>Work out somewhere between 3-5 times per week
>Now down to 200lbs
>Periodically struggling with motivation

I've been 185lbs almost all my life, and was during a period down to 165. Feels like I'm banging my head into a wall when it comes to weight loss.

I discovered that I love cauliflower

I wouldn't call it healthy because of the sodium content but pickles are a delicious desperation food if you're running a calorie deficit and are super hungry since they can be anywhere from 0 to like 10 calories. As far as my personal blog goes, I finally moved a tens digit in my weight today and I'm now 209.4. We're all gonna make it!

Is it possible to lose 2 pounds in a week?

yes. it's called calorie restriction..

Very much so. I've lost an average of 2.7lbs a week by eating 1500 calories a day with a cheat day every 2 weeks. I do an hour of dumbbells every other day and do 15 minutes of light cardio on the off days. Ez pz.

Pan-seared broccoli is fucking great

I currently am on a diet as well, user

How much is 2 lbs? One kg? Something like that?

You're a very simple google search away from your answer. One kilogram is 2.2lbs

Thank you, user

Guys, anybody using PB2? (powdered peanut butter) i added 25 g to my oatmeal, using scale, but after I poured it into the blow and looked at the package, it visually seemed to be a lot of missing, but scale was still saying 25g?

Have I fucked up? this shit is fluffy as hell, but i guess what scale says must be correct?

Starting keto today. Is 30 grams of carbs ok?

should try and keep it at around 10-15 grams. I know it's tricky but you'll get in the habit after a while.

>tfw you cannot do keto because you live in a Southern Italian family, so pasta is as normal as breathing

:^(

nope

keto is defined as under 20g per day. Don't you try to get away this time, fatty.

6 more pounds till sub 200 PLZZZZZ MOMMY I'M SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT

quinoa if you can call it healthy, but I think it's better than rice and doesn't form into obnoxious clumps after a day in the fridge like rice does.

I'm trying to calculate macros for keto and shit just doesn't come together. Am i supposed to drink olive oil or something. How the fuck you eat so much fat while staying under 30 carbs?

okay here's a wild crazy thought:

Maybe don't eat a lot. That might be why you're here in the first place. Eat like a meal of salmon or chicken with the skin and a nice sallad and a lovely fat dressing. Then have some cheese, and then DON'T eat. You're done eating after that, do something else.

Bruh, im not really a mega fatass i do lift and i need to maintain my lean mass while losing fat so intake calories are kind important for me. Second of all the whole point of keto is to eat more fat than you eat protein and carbs and so i'm interested how to do that without doing gross shit like drinking oil.

I've never even heard of someone drinking oil, i don't know where you got that from. As i said, just have a normal fucking meal but take out the carbs, if it's glucogenesis you're afraid of, just cut down on the protein as well.

Eat fat stuff togheter with your regular protein, avocado, cream cheese, normal cheese, butter, guacamole, coconut oil, vinegrettes, the list goes on

At 20 went from 95kg to 76kg. 170cm.

I managed it because my dad died and I just felt worthless so I gymmed 7 days usually between 10pm and 5am. My gf got real mad about it and she dumped me for it.

Went and moved to a drug house, constantly had my suicide advocated, my savings stolen ect. Tried suicide a few times.

But I joined a church, things have been better but not perfect.

My biggest challenge is mood/motivation semi think suicide wouldn’t be too bad.

Does fit have much in the way of self improvement guides ?

did you get lost on your way to blogger?

Had my cheat meal last night, tried a couple of the new halo top flavors. Cinnamon Roll and Candy bar. Both were pretty great, but cinnamon roll was definitely the better flavor.

My unofficial Halo Top power rankings:

Top Tier:
Peanut butter cup
Red Velvet
Cinnamon Roll
Chcolate Mocha Chip

Mid Tier:
Candy Bar
Chocolate almond crunch
Cookie Dough

Shit Tier:
Birthday Cake
Mochi
Chocolate Covered Banana
Oatmeal Cookie
Sea Salt Caramel

No confess poster... but I'll confess anyway.

Had my first real cheat meal since probably September. But I planned to do it and I don't feel like doing it again anytime soon so I don't really feel bad about it.

Ate probably 3000 calories in one sitting but that's probably only about half of what I used to be able to put away in one sitting.

Halo Top is a godsend for a fatass with a sweet tooth.It tastes fantastic and doesn't even really have any weird ingredients.
Sea salt caramel is good tho,fuck u

Lookin good bro. I started going outside a lot on long walks just to see things and people, part of the reason I was depressed was before I'd spend all day in a basement just doing nothing, not even video games. I'm also agoraphobic so even starting to do that was incredibly tough and it took therapy. I'd do little things first like eating food in a restaurant and move up to more advanced things like going with my friends to bars at the busiest days of the week. I was definitely embarrassed being 60 lbs overweight and losing has made me more confident, things absolutely get better when you look better and feel healthier.

I'm not if there is /sig/ on Veeky Forums. but /pol/ sometimes has them. but your mileage may vary, sometimes they are good. They pretty much recommend some kind of constructive hobby as a way to give yourself an interest and something else to work on besides bettering your body. I took up /p/hotography and learning photoshop.

I don't know if you're just trying to lose weight or if you're also trying to get fit, but 1 cheat meal in like 8 months is far from a big deal. I do one every week or so and I still lose 2.7lbs a week and am looking more muscular by the day.

anyone else fuckin love beef jerky? low calorie, tasty, satisfying, high in protein. best snack.

i will never not be jelaous of the amerifats being able to buy this. In my country beef jerky is unheard of, and the few places that actually have it, it's as expensive as fucking gold

I typically have a cheat meal every week too but for me that usually means just cooking a meal I like and maybe having seconds.

But last night was the first night in a while that I just went to the grocery store and bought junk food and pigged out on it.

It was fun but it will be a while before I do it again.

make it yourself my man, its easy and cheap.

>make it yoursel
>beef jerky

that's a thing??

>doing any form of cardio at gym
>sweat and face gets red (I'm corpse tier pale skin colored)
>"Are you okay?!" "Easy bro!"
Heh..yeah I'm fine just exercising. It's always been like this, even when I was young and in much better shape and did sports. I was always the red man. reee

Yep, so simple. Just buy some beef, cut it in to slices, marinate it, then dehydrate it.

cheese is your friend. also if you're a coffee drinker, pour some heavy cream and a teaspoon or two of coconut oil in your coffee(clalculate these to match your macros obviously, as you might need more or less of these) and blitz it in a blender. it's like a vaguely sweet, insanely foamy latte. it's called bulletproof coffee. look it up there's lots of recipes, so you can find something that works better for you

Id be nervous about it going off during the dehydration, do you have to keep it in a $50 000 machine especially designed for it?

hah no just like a 50 dollar basic dehydrator , put it in there for about 4 hours, impossible to fuck up

that shit < spinach

Fresh, canned, or frozen.

im totally doing this, holy fuck that sounds good. What cuts are best for doing this?

homemade vegetable soup. It costs about 80 cents to 3 euros to make and feed two for three dinners not counting protein. The entire pot comes to about 1-1.2k calories depending how many potatos so it usually comes to less than 250 calories each for dinner. Granted there isnt any meat which can mess with others macros and shit but its so much tastier than any canned or premade shit and has like a fraction of the sodium.

Another thing i recently found was small mixed grain wraps with grilled chicken. A shit ton of leafy greens, a quarter of a red pepper for the crunch and some hot sauce or flavored spread like cream cheese or herb butter. The leafy greens make the wrap over packed so it feels like im eating way more than i am, because im struggling to keep it together and its usually about 300 calories.

I started getting healthy when my aunt cooked me a hearty meal of potatoes, broccoli and grilled steak. I took multiple serving of the broccoli. This made me crave broccoli and other veggies for months. My Family is shit at cooking, i never used salt or pepper growing up because my parents were like "salt is bad for you". I was use to eating pasta, unflavored meat and maybe apple sauce as as standard dinner, so its no wonder i craved and lived off junk.

about to eat 3 chocolate chip cookies. I don't even want to but it feels inevitable

I'm picking up my old dumbells to help me lose weight again. It's a set of two dumbbells with
>4x 0.5 kg weights
>4x 1 kg weights
>4x 2 kg weights
I'm horribly out of shape. What weights should I start with? What routine? Word in the sticky is that building muscle helps you burn fat.

Peanut butter. And just nuts in general. And cheese.

t. keto pro

throw them out before you do bro, throw any gross shit on them as you do so you don't go back into the trash and pick them out

Not sure about yuro units but I started from complete DYEL with 10 lb. bells and am comfortably up to 20 pounders now (2 months later) for like 60 reps every day. Biceps coming in nicely.

>20 lb
>60 fucking reps

>holiday so workout earlier than normal
>finish my daily routine, 6:50pm
>7:00 express ab routine course about to start
>guess its time for some anti anxiety/social gains, it is time for abs anyway and the course is free
>course claims full ab workout as well as back in 30 mins
>pretty sick of my sit ups, planks, russian twists and those things where you lie down and draw circles with your feet together
>fucking 20 mins of slow crunches and crunch holds, 5 minutes of reverse crunches, 60 secs of ab workout of your choice (went with planks because i wasnt fully sure what was happening) and then 4 mins of light yoga/cool down.

I feel like i wasted 30 minutes. I couldve done all of this in 15 mins and worked more than just my upper stomach. I could feel myself getting lazy with the crunches. Are courses normally this lame?

> nuts
Not all nuts and nut butters
Some nuts like pistacios are deceptively carby and most nut butters have added sugar

Well 3 sets of 20, 4-5 minutes apart. Be smart about it. But yeah you want to feel a good pump afterword to know it's working.

can you stop, every thread doesnt need a halotop post

Why do you /fat/ties think ganging up on a thread on the shithole slums of the internet and chanting "we gun make it" and "vegtles" is going to make you thin?

You're not gonna make it, dudes. You don't have the willpower. If you did, you wouldn't have gotten fat.
And as much as that sounds like an insult -- not having willpower -- it's not one.

It doesn't mean you're weak as a person overall, for all time, looking at the entirety of your life. It just means you're weak right now. Right now, and possibly forever from now on, but hopefully not. And, well, so? There are a lot of things that can make people weak who were once strong. Almost none of them are their own fault.
I've heard of people who were thin as rails and ballooned up to butter golems after grave personal losses.
It's also common for people to let themselves go in response to childhood experience with rape.
There is a proven link between mental illness and obesity. And I know "mental illness" gets thrown around a lot around these parts as a synonym for stupidity, but it's not. It's a real thing, it's serious, it's not the sufferer's fault, and it can ruin lives.
Binge eating disorder is a real thing, and as someone who was once as fat as you fucks but then decided to start puking and became a sub-DYEL-tier skel, I can tell you it's just one misfired neuron away from full blown bulimia.

If you don't want to stop eating and you don't care how fat you're getting, your weight is your fault.
If you used to be that way, it's still your fault, but good on you for trying to change.
But if, for this entire time, you've been wanting to stop eating so you wouldn't get fatter, but the food was "just too good."
If you feel like a slave to your stomach.
If you have feelings of lacking "self control."
IF YOU ARE SO FUCKING FAT YOU HAVE AN OVERHANG.
Then chances are there's something seriously wrong in your head and you don't even realize it.
Get off this website and seek professional help, you dumb assholes.

i put salsa or hot sauce on a lot of things now. Usually 0-10 calories per serving. Bonus: it makes you drink more water when your mouth feels hot

Wish I could try candy bar but my store is fresh out of everything but basic vanilla and cake

but im not even fat anymore

There is only one answer: eat less.
Eating almost the same thing everyday helped me, but ppl are different I guess

Yeah I have that problem too. You may have mild rosacea.

completely shit bait, but i've lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks with absolutely no goal of stopping (like a lot of people here) and a goal of enlistment thereafter. what's really troubling you bro? you okay?

>no cure
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It doesn't look like the pics online though, it's not bumpy or itchy. When I say I'm pale I mean like near translucent, can't tan either I just burn.

Nice projecting

rosadyn.com/rosacea/skin-care/when-a-red-exercise-face-is-beyond-normal/

I looked this up yesterday because I had a really red face and people were staring. I realized I had some of the symptoms listed. Never seen a doctor about it though. I can hardly tan either.

user i have this too. Im average bordering overweight and its always been an issue for me
>run for 5 mins with medium intensity as a warm up
>user, you dont look so good, maybe you should stop

based "fat fucks" poster

I'll be here pep talking fatties and former fatties long after you've od'd on opiods my dude

>134kg
>1.74m
>Started my diet and exercise routine
>Steadily losing a 1-2kg per week
>Its good but im cheating non-stop.
>If i stop cheating and adopt a proper diet, i know i can lose much more
I just need to get through this last barrier.

youtube.com/watch?v=PQe9hnkCDTQ
I made a bunch of vid related and ate them all today. Also some cookies and a pepsi. Feels bad cause I already had a cheat day this week

Today was the first time someone talked to me in the gym. Some gymbros complimented me on my progress over the past few months and that if I need a spot they got me. Could only respond with "Hi my name is user, thank you" before walking away and finishing my workout alone.

How do I gymbro?

Today is the day I dropped down exactly 20 kilos from my starting weight. Might seem trivial in comparison, especially since the road is still plenty long, but goddamn, I feel like I lost a whole damn ton. Never thought I could make it when I began, but holy shit am I determined now. I can actually see my dick again. Is this what it feels like to actually achieve something?

Jesus man. I know some other people will give you shit for /muhblog/ but good for you for making it out of that situation. Seemed like the world just stacked up on you.

Eggplant is fucking great if done properly
Cut it in cubes, steam it, add some spices and similarly cut cubes of white cheese (not much)
You can also make boats with it and serve any protein inside it, really good.

I always had a meh relationship with salads, then i realized what im not fan of is the leafs on it.
Now I just stuff my face with raw tomatoes and onions cut in cubes, seasoned with vinegar, herbs and a drop of olive oil. (Thats a brazilian barbecue sauce)
Just dont drink the vinegar and oil afterwards, fatty.

>3 sets of 20
i mean its supposed to be 4 sets
>4-5 minutes apart
you mean 4 minutes between each set? that's wild, cut that shit in half. the less time you take in between gives you larger muscle build. of course im not saying "finish a set and wait 10 seconds", but do a set and wait a minute or two (maybe 3 at max) then do your next set.

really work on getting up to 4 sets, though. i was in your spot awhile ago, now im up to 35lb for 4 sets. progress is on its way and im glad you're noticing it. but if you cut down on the time between sets, you'll see much better progress.

>>Its good but im cheating non-stop.
>>If i stop cheating and adopt a proper diet, i know i can lose much more
holy fuck are you me? im going through the same exact shit too. I'm making great progress but this fucking flab would get perma-banned if only i stopped eating such bulky foods and drinking garbage.

I have that too. There's creams and stuff that are supposed to make it better, but I haven't tried them yet.

only lost 2.2lbs this week
i was at -5 at one point

My father used to have a very red face. He lost weight and controlled his blood pressure, now he hardly ever gets red again.

kale and broccoli, steamed in the pan with my oven roasted chicken. i eat like 2-3lbs a day

Brehs, I'm down from a 38" waist to a 33" waist in less than 2 months

>what's really troubling you bro?
currently mid purge so probably the acid reflux
grats on loss though
that's about ~2lbs a week which is the max medically recommended pace for a person of high weight and not only admirable but also a lot healthier than the paces i got up to at the beginning with the puking

>weak attempt to promote bulimia.

>that's about ~2lbs a week which is the max medically recommended pace
HAHAHAHA

>cheat day yesterday
>about to weigh in today
It can't be good but hopefully it's not too bad.

Let eggplant sit in cold water for 10 min after cubing to remove bad taste.

You would get a lot more value out of cardio.

Yeah, forgot bout that

You should do cardio and some lifting.

>sister bought berger cookies
must fight the urge...

for reference..and she bought the big box which is like 15 cookies.

>gay cooking student roommate has 2 fucking cakes in the fridge and says I'm free to have as much as I want
I am being tested.

This is the diary of a woman whose end goal is to lose 220lbs, so I'm guessing she's somewhere around 350lbs right now. For the past week she's averaged 2200 kcal per day.

is she going to make it?

In 5 years maybe.

Lean cuts. Very lean cuts. You can also use lean pork and lean turkey

>logging antidepressants
why

>54 cheesies

>Loblaws chicken
>McDonald's fries
What the fuck

>get a nasty stomach virus that lasted for 2 weeks (ate some dodgy sardines)
>couldn't eat anything but bland food and water for a month afterward
>drop 20 lbs, feelsgoodman.jpeg
>slowly start to eat like shit again
>gain 6 pounds in a week

help me bros