How do you handle unsolicited advice?

How do you handle unsolicited advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=uBUnmdd5-iA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>that's nice, but can you do what I just did? No? Fuck off.

I tell them “I’m good” or “don’t talk to me mid-set.” Or if it’s crazy advice I tell them that’s wrong and why.

I just nod and listen and thank them for the advice. I tuck it away. If it seems compelling enough I'll do some research on it later. If I know it's complete broscience bullshit I just avoid that person in the future as best I can.

They wouldn't share if they weren't trying to be helpful, so I don't get bent out of shape.

"Oh okay, thanks man."

Then go back to your workout. No need to sperg out. If their advice actually makes sense, then listen. If not, forget it. I've actually gotten helpful advice once before, but usually it's just normie speak.

This, sperging out at someone trying to be friendly is for women.

>good-sounding advice
Say thanks and try it out
>retarded/bro-science advice
Say thanks and never follow it

Say ok thanks and give them the Constanza look

Ive had people try to get my attention while I had headphones on and I just pretend that theyre not there lol

Listen to what they have to say and thank them for the advice, if it sounds good I'll try doing it and if it sounds like bullshit I'll research it at home.

this

Since I got somewhat strong I dont get advice from gym normies anymore. When they see me using weight higher than their max for reps they tend not to give me advice anymore.

This. Faggots don't say shit now

That's cool, but get away from me you fucking cuck

Lmao you must be the biggest dude at the gym

This. Last night my stepfather suddenly walked through and started giving me advice on how I should do. In my mind I wanted to tell him to fuck off, since he never worked out a single time, but instead just let him talk and pretended to listen

>someone bigger or stronger than me
“Thanks man, is this what you mean? I’m user btw”
>someone old/small/weak
Don’t even acknowledge them, headphones in and look straight ahead

>advice comes from an American
Really? Yeah, that sounds right, thanks for the tip, can you watch my next set to make sure I'm doing it right?
>advice comes from some fat pajeet in a polo shirt
Yeah okay. thanks.

Only time that happened to me was when I saw a dude from work there. It was helpful so I took it because I’m not so proud that I thought I was above being told I was wrong.

I dont get advice, i get do you compete questions only.

Every time I got unsolicited gym advice it was really useful and helped me a lot.

I own the gym. I'm the CEO of the complex it's built on.

With gratitude if its sound advice. I've had a guy point out lower back rounding whilst squatting, which was a good thing. The only useless unsolicited advice I've had was a guy telling me to lower my hip while deadlifting, but we were working in, so it wasn't completely unsolicited and he did say it was to use more legs, which isn't wrong.

Just smirk at them and dont reply, and also talk in a condescending tone. But before that, like tsun zu said,

>Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

It applies to many things in life, including the dyel advice givers. You have to mold yourself into "the mocker". Or into someone who uses non verbal language to berate people, kinda like hooktube.com/watch?v=uBUnmdd5-iA

You see, nearly all people who are dyel in the gym are very insecure. So what you have to do is to look at their plates, and then at yours, then pass a glance at them with a facial emotion of "oh, its another weakling". My approach takes a bit of time and familiarization though. Obviously non verbal mocking has its limitation as to what it can convey. But if you slowly do it with everyone who is weak, the weak will remember. And then there will be a communal feeling of hatred towards you. Some will try to approach you, but you then berate them, the other weaklings will see and then they will no longer dare.

On the opposite effort of this you also have to do the effort to be kind to those who follow the strength routine, or those who are stronger than you. Instead of disgust or "go away from me" looks you look at them pleasantly, or with awe of sorts, neutral even. And the weaklings will notice that too, the strong will notice that as well. Until another strong approaches you and you can be friendly with him. Thats how I kinda got into friendly terms with a lot of strong people here, even greet them, sometimes talk to them.

So far the rate of weaklings approaching me is fairly low, and the air of "you guys are inferior" is quite pertaining. Its nice. All of this is held up by checks and balances. Of being consistent in your hatred and liking. Picking groups over others.

>Doing deds, with baby weight
>Some guy I never seen before comes and tells me to watch my form, goes away
>Regular who is always there even when I go at odd times tells me my form is fine f that guy
>Chubby grill comes and asks if I'm using some machine halfway across the room

This is more conversation than I have in the average month with strangers who aren't talking to me as part of their job.
Why is everyone talking to me?
What did they mean by this?

That was pretty pathetic and try hard.

Here's your (you) that you desperately want...

>>Chubby grill comes and asks if I'm using some machine halfway across the room
she wants DICK, you missed your chance!

If she just wanted the pipe I would have, but in my experience they always want relationship if chubby and I don't want to be seen out with a chub

>he still notices you
>"Uh bro I TOLD you how to do it, now do it right."

I tell them to get the fuck out of my house.

Ask if I can suck his dick.

I also have this thing which is what I sometimes do, which I called "Trailblazing" I just do the last exercise that a person has done, but with increased weight (and better form). While looking that person dead in the eyes from time to time. Its really fucking neat.

i didn't read any of that, but you sound like a faggot

not sure what you guys are on about, OP wanted to have a method to reduce dyel advice givers, and I have given one to him that consistently works with me.

sane advice on fit, imagine that

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP TRYING TO GIVE ME ADVICE I GET ALL THE ADVICE I NEED ON A BOARD NAMED Veeky Forums
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Buy your own rack, barbells, plates and to this shit alone.

Or go to the gym at 5am.

counter-argument them("thank you but...") by explaining how the exercise is really done

I always do it, one fucker left as if I had offended his mum heh. He's always looking at me at the gym

rINGY CHING CHONG NO ENGRISH

This. In fact, they ask for advice.

>Some guy I never seen before comes and tells me to watch my form, goes away
you met real life internet?

i've been in foreign country barely knowing the local language and its the only time i've gotten unsolicited advice. "haha ok, no speak gabagool"
no one talks to me in my home gym, im even no-headphones :(

>scenario analysis for social interactions
>'even' greets strong people

Let me guess, you think PUAs are real cool too.

also experienced this recently, had one guy ask me about benching advice and the otherone wanted tips on how I manage to hold the bar on the deadlift because his hands hurt too much. I guess it makes sense because this dude struggled holding 60kg (135) in his hands while I was doing double overhand with 180kg (405) for reps.

feels a bit weird because I was not used to this at all and dont consider myself a big or very strong guy but I guess other people start seeing it that way and I like to give advice and I think I know quite a lot.

I offer them the bog pill in return.

I'll take it if it's not retarded. I usually have people form check me anyways.

There is the occasional mongoloid who says shit like, "Bro, you have to stand on this box and deadlight light using ONLY your back that way it will get stronger and prevent injury."

Fucking retarded. But yeah, as long as it's not terribad advice, sure, I welcome it.

>leg day
>doing RDL's
>random guy stops me, "Can I just show you something about what you're doing"
>ohboy.jpg
>tells me he's a PT at the gym
>shows me that I'm rolling my back and not hip hinging enough

It was unsolicited, but helpful to realize that I was trying to get more ROM on my way down but getting it the wrong way. He checked my form on the next set, I told him thanks and that I appreciate it, and we continued with our respective workouts.

You don't need to be autistic about everything

I fucking HATE IT when I am coaching and people criticize my coaching, or try to instruct my client. I usually let it slide unless they're really persistent.

Like fuck man, I'm a certified professional strength coach and I still bench 300+ out of practice with a bad shoulder injury

And it is unfailingly a DYEL that does this

>try to get my attention while i had headphones on
cmon man what the fuck

>bad shoulder injury
Maybe your form is bad and you are teaching your clients bad technique?

>lower body day
>doing squats
>somewhat new to the gym at the time but already somewhat strong
>random guy comes up to me
>"I dont want to be rude but you should use lower weight because you are not hitting depth and you are stopping above parallel"

In the moment I was pissed, even offended because this guy had smaller legs than me and he was squatting 80kg or so next to me so I wanted him to be wrong so bad. But after I got home, calmed down and took a shower I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I need to reevaluate my squat form. long story short I ignored my ego took his advice and thanked him the next time we were squatting next to each other. now I outsquat him easily whilst going ATG but there is no bad blood here infact I am thankful he had the balls to help me out even at the risk of me hating him for it. I am not sure I wouldve done the same instead of just ignoring the autist doing half squats.

This

When I first started deadlifting some guy who was putting up 4 pl8 like it was nothing told me I was using my back too much and I might hurt myself, and I listened. Now 9 months later I still say hi to him when I see him.

The first time I ever hit 2 pl8 on my bench, a fat dyel came up to me and said my butt came off and to avoid that. I told him when you lift heavy, sometimes your form is whack and if you wanna hit the weight it is just something you have to deal with. He looked at me like a retard as he went back to his 1 pl8 bench.

sociopath/10
autism?/10