Has anyone here taken a zinc supplement and noticed any positive effects on your lifts?

Has anyone here taken a zinc supplement and noticed any positive effects on your lifts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_Intake
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol what a shitty picture. No other good even approaches pic rel8ed for zinc gainz.

>*no other food

Absolutely disgusting

If you actually counted your micros, which you don't, you would realize you already get more than enough zinc through diet unless you have some kind of eating disorder like veganism.

Now look up the upper intake levels for zinc and magnesium toxicity and realize this board is retarded and slowly poisoning themselves by memeing the fuck out of these.
>zinc
>upper tolerance 40 mg
>side effects: nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, headaches, copper deficiency, genitourinary issues, weakened immune system, fatigue, fever, increased risk of UTIs
>average supplement dosage: 50mg

>magnesium
>upper tolerance: 350 mg
>side effects: nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, headaches, hypotension, nausea, vomiting, facial flushing, retention of urine, ileus, depression, and lethargy before progressing to muscle weakness, difficulty breathing, extreme hypotension, irregular heartbeat, cardiac arrest
>average supplement dosage: 250 mg

Those upper intake levels include diet. Don't trust me though do your own fucking research instead of trusting retards on this board trying to TYVD you to death.

You're thinking of your T levels

>abdominal cramps
>supplementing with zinc since high school
Holy fuck maybe these are related. Just realized I haven't had them since I stopped. I still eat at least 1 can of oysters per ejacul8ion...but I don't pop daily zinc pills anymore. Whoa

Why the fuck do people trust randos on a mongolian throat-singing forum over the fucking medically established recommendations and some common sense? The world may never know.

>Take Zinc supplements for muh testosterone
>feel nauseous
>keep doing it anyway cause muh gainz n muh dick
>find out it's bad on a Burmese snake-charming board
Well I'll be. Learn something new every day

My zinc supplement is 10mg per pill

>side effects
Source?

what about vitamin d3 and omega 3?

>Veeky Forums eats their oysters, mackerels and sardines fucking CANNED
>not fresh

you all digust me

>upper limit for your average 120lbs woman

You realize you don't get the nausea if you take it with food.

holy fuck just google it. every single thing that comes up when you google "zinc toxicity side effects" or "magnesium toxicity side effects". You can start here, since you are obviously retarded:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_Reference_Intake
>mayo
>the us institutes of medicine
>the EFSA
>us national institutes of health
>FDA

Fresh is great...can't afford to go to the oyster bar too often though

Most people are actually vitamin D deficient. over 90% of the US doesn't get their RDA. Make sure your supp is vitamin d3 if you don't get enough sunlight (you don't).

Most people don't get enough omegas either. Eat more fish or supp fish oil.

That's for a 19+ yo male, which you are prolly an underage b& so doesn't apply.

Smart man.

>Eat more fish
I eat fish almost daily, shall this suffice?
wild fish.

If you counted your micros you would know. I'm guessing most likely. Watch your heavy metal intake some fish are pretty bad if eaten too often like certain tunas. Some nuts or olive oil helps a little as well.

canned oysters are good as hell

My dick is harder which lifts my mood.

brands?

no difference to my lifts at all.
I take 30mg zinc citrate daily.

I definitely noticed a difference in my erections and ejaculations, and the only explanation for that is that the Zinc actually increased my testosterone. It doesn't happen overnight so it's real hard to say how much of the progress I've done in the last 2 years is thanks to Zinc. Never going to stop taking it though.

>>average supplement dosage: 50mg
At my supermarket they have regular zinc pills - 10mg and strong zinc pills - 20mg.

I noticed that blood flow to everything around and including my genitals seems to be better.
Certainly doesn't hurt, I feel more virile.
Try 30mg senpai been fine for me.

I actually eat 30, 20 from the zinc and 10 from multivitamin.

Would be better to get it all from a direct source.
Multivitamins are low quality.

This. You have to take ease of absorption into account. The good forms of minerals tend to be expensive and multis are notorious for skimping on them. There are exceptions, but as a rule diet > supps for vitamins/minerals. Multis are an insurance to round you out more than anything.

I know multivits are bad, that's why I have the separate zinc tablets because of the importance of zinc. But I'm not going to buy 15 different pills so the multivit is at least better than nothing for all those other micros.

I do eat veggies and a lot of oats which have surprisingly lot of iron in them. My idea is that I eat the minimum RDA from pills so I should at least be covered even if my diet fails and everything else is extra. The multivit I eat is pretty high quality, it's the pharmacy's own brand not sold in regular stores and they're much larger than usual and without that surface coat most store bought vitamins have. They taste like absolute ass because of it, but my theory is that also means they absorb better.

Careful even going too over RDAs or ULs for fat-soluble vitamins. You will end up like that faggot that drank too much carrot juice and turned orange then died.

Yeah I've tried to look into which ones you shouldn't overeat, but the multivit has 100% RDA on most stuff so I figured eating one pill and a healthy diet I probably shouldn't go too much over 200%

And those RDA recommendations MUST have a safe buffer zone of at least a few hundred percent, they wouldn't trust people with anything more.

Depends on the vitamin.
I tried taking MSM and it turns out I'm really allergic to it, got every side effect listed online, felt awful for 2 days straight and not 100% after.
I haven't had issue with anything else though.

desu i just eat whatever i find at the store but i love that shit which might be why i like it. i would actually recommend clams for the uninitiated because they are more of a crowd pleaser if you dont like canned foods as much.

I buy the smoked Bumble Bee [yourself] ones for $2/can