Realize today I’ve been neglecting shoulders

>realize today I’ve been neglecting shoulders
>struggle to get 5 reps on ohp with 75lbs

I did NOT sign up for this feel

dyel

You just haven't been doing enough OHP. Until you're OHPing 1pl8, unless you're like 5'6, you won't need to get creative with rotating press variations or doing lots of assistance.

I know, just needed to vent my frustrations after finally hitting 2 pl8 for reps on bench and coming back on shoulders just to look dyel infront of the entire liftoplex

I've been here a while, and I'm still confused. When people say 'OHP' do they mean actual OHP with hip drive? I always assume 1/2/3/4 includes a 1pl8 strict shoulder press
>inb4 rippletits b gone

Not counting the bar I hope ?

>not doing one of the basic exercises
>realize
user, I...

>bench 2pl8
>OHP 75lbs
Your chest must be THICC

yes:)

Agree. It means STRICT.

it means starting from the up position, lowering it down and pressing it back up with no lipping, preferably seated on the bench to inhibit that

It's a strict press. Truth be told I only come down to my chin when I do it due to a rotator cuff injury. It would probably be better for you to just add a small amount of hip drive.

It doesn't matter which. Unless you are doing crazy double layback like Russian competitors in 1970, it doesn't add a ton to the lift. The difference between a super strict overhead press and one with a little layback and hip movment is going to be like 10% for most lifters.

Your overhead press sucks because you're weak. Not because people are inflating their stats with a different technique.

How do you have hip drive in a press? You mean like a push press?

I guess my question is more, if you're leaning back and forward to move the bar in a vertical path, how do you avoid involving your hips?

Probavly not as bad as me. Few weeks ago benched 170kg but cant ohp even 90kg. Bw 93kg

I can overhead press 1pl8 for 5 eezee, but I struggle to to 5 rep 120 lb strict press. Also, I am clinically retarded, so that might be why

Tomorrow.
Do shoulders.

I don't do barbell OHP. But I shoulder press with DB's. This is fine, right?

I can use 70's for my last working set, so I think I'm not neglecting shoulders. (I don't do ORM)

just did them today and feels like a ripped them a new dingus

Tomorrow.
Do shoulders.

just did them today and feels like a ripped them a new dingus