So I just got a new job laying brick, and pipe on the side if you know what I mean...

So I just got a new job laying brick, and pipe on the side if you know what I mean, and the gym is a no-go for at least a few weeks until I adapt to this workload and I was wondering what are some body weight exercises and stretches I should be doing to maintain performance on the job?

I need to keep back and shoulders in shape and injury free.

I got some ideas but want to hear what you guys think.

>And fit jobs general

glad to hear you were recently released from prison user.. what did you do?

Always had construction jobs, not a desk pussy.

You have to go back

such a mindless job. idk how you do it bud

Union I'm with pays $40/hour, with healthcare and pension. Other trades have it better obviously but it's not bad by any means.

just go to the gym pussy i dont see why you can't

48 an hour

because i lay fucking bricks all day

I labor for brick layers myself (yes I know I'm retarded). I work harder than you and I go to the gym no problem. You'll get used to it.

i will get used to it just not over night I'm gonna give myself some time to getting over the spirit crushing soreness. what do you do to stay limber and stretched while working all day.

Just do some core exercise and pushups, also work on hip and lower back mobility.

you didnt seem to get it.. seems like all masons are ex cons because nobody else would hire an ex con... just like all iron workers seem like they came from broken homes, and all electricians are nerds or methheads, and all GC are former framers, and all concrete workers are mexicans with a white foreman

this your 1st construction job?

> laying pipe on the side

I bet you do, faggot

Yeah bro, making more money while doing less physically strenuous work and using your brain is for pussies. I want to have a bad back by the time I'm 35. Why is there such an us vs them on this retarded issue?

Nothing really besides stretching before working out. Just gotta make sure you are drinking plenty of water and eating enough. I should stretch more though.

can confirm dad is gc and was former framer
I'm drywall contractor, and people are shocked when I'm not mexican.

lol my dad was a drywaller too, but back then it was mostly white guys.

forgot all tinners are alcoholics..

3rd
carpenter
glazier

>all GC are former framers

>implying sitting at a desk doesn't destroy your back. Humans were meant to be physically active.

You in aus by any chance?

no but everytime i search anything bricklayer nothing but aus shit comes up, why?

I do concrete

Might be an indemand trade in australia

And i talked to an aussi brickie apprentice and i thiught it was you lol

wildland firefighter. it pays the bills and keeps you very active

Framing construction. I work out in the mornings, both Heavy early in the week and hypertrophy at the end of the week with some cardio in the middle.
Stretch and workout to prevent injuries. Just stick with hypertrophy if you're nervous about working out hard