Why is soy a thing now?

Hello Veeky Forums, why is this soy thing a meme now? I don't want to discuss soy, I'm just curious. The fact that the soy bean is containing estrogen is known for decades. But when you look at youtube, Veeky Forums or the rest of the internet it is a big deal recently. Why now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTSvLKY7HEk&t=1s
theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/cutting-asparagus-could-prevent-spread-of-breast-cancer-study-shows
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bc soyboys

Isoflavones do not negatively effect testosterone brainlet. Fuck off.

/pol/
Now fuck off.

you could increase estrogen by drinking gallons and gallons of soy a day, but that's not likely. they're just looking for someone to blame really.

Again, I don't want to discuss it. I just want to know why it is a big thing recently. Soy is somehow common for years, why is it all over the internet since a few weeks?

Okay, maybe you are right. I am no scientist, but I read about soy and estrogen years ago. But I don't understand why it is *now* a big thing.

Because the knowledge became mainstream

The effects of phytoestrogens are attributed to their pharmacologic activity as partial estrogen agonists (Nagata et al. 2000, 2001; Allen et al. 2001). This means that in a high-estrogen environment (premenopausal women) the phytoestrogens act as anti-estrogens; on the other hand, in a low-estrogen environment (men and postmenopausal women) they act as pro-estrogens.

Okay, I give up. I don't expect to get answers here. But last try: I am not from /pol/. I don't want to discuss it. I only want to know why it is a thing NOW despite eating soy and the (presumed) effect to your estrogen level is known for decades.

paul joseph watson made a video about soy destroying western civilization

all the rightards have been spouting that cancerous meme ever since

i'm a big anti soy shill and pjw is a fag and embodies the soyboy himself

youtube.com/watch?v=FTSvLKY7HEk&t=1s

nevermind that this faggot is shilling scam products containing soy

This meme just really shows that right wingers are the cancer of this board and Veeky Forums

Because Trump has enabled Nazis to think they can police gender norms

Because right winger are have a theory of decline according to which the modern world weakens men by steering them away from masculine virtues such a strength, self reliance and combativeness, and instead groom them to become what they perceive as feminine like, amiable and un-warrior like.

Soy becomes the symbolic focus of this theory of decline because it has the requisite properties to fit into the narrative of the right winger. It can be perceived as relatively new, which means it is compatible with the perceived contrast between the glorious past versus the "degenerate" present and it is associated with estrogen, itself seen as the "female" hormone.

Soy becomes a part of the explanation for the west's decline, which is perceived as being cause by a lack of vitality / virility.

Soy is shit tho. Don't get me wrong, I want soy boy to keep eating it because fuck them. But it's garbage.

We have always known that Soy is detrimental to testosterone hence the stereotype of vegans and limp-wristed leftists. It became a meme literally only because of the term "soyboy"

Oh fuck I forgot to add: the right wing has gotten emboldened because of immigration. The perception is largely that immigrants men from societies that are perceived as more primitive are also therefore more manly, even though less civilized. This is a W H I T E B O I right winger perception mind you.

Soyboy and Cuck are two memes that emerged out of this. Huwhite boi are trying to explain to themselves why they're getting outmatched by outsider men.

There's no science in this thread and there won't be. Just kekistanians crying about being estrogenized.

>a rat study (lol) where they pump soy oil into the blood stream of rats.
>science
Pick one

Man, I sure hope you won't eat a whole lot of soy just to piss me off. I hope you won't do it on a daily basis. This would really anger me as a little storm weiny and remind me of my minuscule penis.

Praise kek.

I'm pretty sure you would have to eat your body weight in soy to see any effects on your test. Insecure betas on this board just have to accept they're genetically inferior instead of blaming foods and lotions and what not

Soy contributes to cancer:
theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/cutting-asparagus-could-prevent-spread-of-breast-cancer-study-shows

Because fatties and hungry skeletons that lack any sort of discipline need something to blame other than themselves for their failures

What do all memes require to thrive (go viral)?
>Humor
>Truth

What is Veeky Forums a hotbed for?
>Memes

What are 4channers known to be?
>Cynical/sarcastic (Humor)
>Autistic/no social filter (Truth)

What is "____ is a meme" = to?
>Stereotypes

Are stereotypes based on truth?
>Yes

Are "soy boys" a meme?
>Yes

Is there some truth to it?
>There has to be.

Paul Watson did a video about if and alt right is retarded who can’t think for them selves