Is raw milk better than normal pasteurized grocery store milk?

Is raw milk better than normal pasteurized grocery store milk?

Other urls found in this thread:

mdpi.com/2075-4663/4/1/18
academic.oup.com/jn/article/144/10/1495/4575107
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584913003316
pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf505526w
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4008690/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712661/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on the source.

MOMMY

It definitely tastes amazing without all the added crap the store bought kind has. Less estrogen in it iirc.

The debate is largely out on that point.

Pasteurization has its benefits and its negatives.

Don't forget most of the milk in the store is homogenized too. There is a theory flying about that this process allows the (now) smaller fat globules to enter the blood stream and damage arteries.

all comes down to the farm. look for clean farms with grass fed cows that use bulls for insemination. happy workers is pretty vital too.

Only if you're bulking. That shit is incredibly calorie dense.

MILK TRUCK COMING THROUGH

why the fuck would it have less estrogen? do you think they inject milk with estrogen? it's there because you're drinking something made in the body of a female mammal, if anything raw milk would have more since it hasn't been tampered with.

Generally yes, but some farmers sell crap too. The biggest plus is that you can make it sour by letting it sit for 48 hours. Sour milk has no lactose and is GOAT for your colon health.

>look for clean farms with grass fed cows
Agree with this point. If you can't find raw, try to at least buy organic unhomogenized whole milk. And don't consume copious amounts of it.

Do you even know how the pasteurization process works?

..speaking of sources...

SOURCE NOW!!!

do you know what the highlighted button does?

>without all the added crap the store bought kind has
Yeah, it's right there on the side of the carton. Right?

Raw milk has a tiny bit more of trace ammounts of a wide range of nutrients, but the difference is rather small.

>less estrogen in it
Wrong.
Estrogens are never added in.
All milk has estrogen in it, even human milk, in fact human milk has about the same concentration per ml.

Raw milk is in theory more nutritious from a micronutrient(and digestion if you are lactase cucked)standpoint but other than that there is really no benefit.

I drink whey reinforced skim chocolate milk and it's the most perfect food there is.
>highest quality of protein available
>highest muscle protein synthesis
>delicious, easy to consume
>doesn't taste like fucking shit like raw milk does

why are breasts attractive to guys

Why is hair attractive to girls?

I used to think raw milk was better. Then I bought a bottle and spend 8 days with diarrhea.
Feels weak man.

Raw miIk has been shown to reduce muscle soreness from lifting more than pasteurized. It contains bioavaiable miRNAs that accelerate muscle repair that are mostly destroyed during pasteurization and shelf storage.

mdpi.com/2075-4663/4/1/18
academic.oup.com/jn/article/144/10/1495/4575107
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891584913003316
pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf505526w

The benefit is it tastes MUCH better and fresher

>But what do you do when warm compresses and hot showers aren't cutting it for your (non-infective) mastitis? Or in Bell's case, what do you do when you've just stopped nursing, you're in Atlanta and you don't have access to your doctor?
>Cue: Dax Shepard, her husband. Bell gave it to him straight.
>"So I said to my husband, 'I'm going to need you to suck this out. We can talk about it, we can be weird about it, or you can just go ahead and do it,'" the mom recounted to Lowes.
>Shepard went ahead and did it. He pulled out the milk and spat that liquid gold into a cup, just doing what he had to because his wife was in pain, dammit. (That there, folks, is #relationshipgoals!)
>"I've never been more in love," Bell said.

Why is this article written like it was a sacrifice for him to suck on his wife's titties? At first I thought it was a joke but it seems they're serious. Is Shepard a genius and fooled her into genuinely believing that men hate swollen breasts and she only sacrificed himself out of love?

>There is a theory flying about that this process allows the (now) smaller fat globules to enter the blood stream and damage arteries.
that sounds like nonsense. mct oil has small enough globules that it doesnt need to be broken down enzymatically to be absorbed, and that has great health benefits.

non-homogenized milk definitely tastes better though. and as for taste for raw milk, about the same as non-homogenized, but double the price.

at the very least, i would say the benefits dont outweigh the monetary cost, assuming there are benefits

>whey reinforced skim chocolate milk
might as well drink soymilk

the fat in milk is good for test, and it also lowers the absorption rate of the sugars, so that insulin isnt spiked as hard

>the fat in milk is good for test
I autistically researched this very topic and came to the exact opposite conclusion.
High fat dairy is correlated with lower sperm counts, as opposed to low fat dairy like skim milk and low fat yogurt.

Not to mention that the estrogens in milk are binded in a great portion in the fats in milk.

Whey has the least ammount of estrogens(which are already very low in concentration in milk), whole milk regardless of pasteurized or not has way more bioavailable estrogens than the shittiest form of skim milk, and the same ammount of protein.

Skim milk has faster digestion than whole milk, making it easier to achieve peak leucine status in the blood and muscle protein synthesis.

I don't care about the absorption rate of sugars because at the end of the day it doesn't make a difference, slower absorption rate just means you have slower and less strong sugar metabolism but it gives you the same metabolic effect at the end of the day since it lasts longer.
Insulin is irrelevant, fats you eat don't need insulin to be metabolised into fatty acids and stored in your fat cells, so again at the end of the day it means fuck all if you drink skim or whole milk.

Skim milk is literally as far as you can get from soy milk, considering it has been associated with androgenic dominance in women and men.

well, shit. i wish i knew the clinical relevance of the numbers, though. like you said, estro is relatively low in milks, but that butter number is worrying

and i just mentioned insulin because its antagonistic to test and hgh

Yeah, I would stay off butter for sure.
Milk has very low concentrations of estrogens but I am kinda skeptical still concerning its concentration of progesterone and prolactin.
I still am not sure just how much of it humans can consume and not suffer any effects.
But according to the numbers, you would have to drink 3 gallons of whole milk a day in order to consume 1% of the estrogens you produce daily as an adult male.
Not sure about prolactin or progesterone.

Yeah, insulin spikes seem to slightly lower testosterone you're right, I just don't see it as a real issue to worry about, even just eating food lowers testosterone a bit, but it's acute and it's a small effect.
Plus insulin is somewhat anabolic so I wouldn't worry about it family.

>correlated

try boiling it next time

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4008690/
>In summary, we prospectively investigated dairy foods intake in relation to semen quality among men attending a fertility clinic in an academic medical center and found that low-fat dairy foods, especially low-fat milk, were positively associated with sperm concentration and progressive motility resulting in higher total motile sperm counts. We also found that cheese intake was associated with lower sperm concentration among ever smokers. Although the observed relations are biologically plausible, data on the relation of diet in general and dairy foods in particular with semen quality or male factor infertility remains limited. Therefore, additional prospective studies of this relation are needed including studies exploring the biological mechanisms explaining these associations.

Not saying it's 100% conclusive but it's something worth to keep in mind.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3712661/
>In summary, we examined the relation between dairy intake and semen quality in a population of physically active young men and found that full-fat dairy foods were inversely related to sperm progressive motility and morphology. Given the paucity of literature on this topic, it is important that this relation is further examined, ideally in prospective studies and randomized trials.