QTDDTOT

Does anyone have experiance squatting low bar on a bar without centre knurling? If so, did you find it possible to do without much slipping or pain?

>Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV
youtube.com/watch?v=kukmaW9CmSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes and yes. Do it exactly like Rippetoe tells you to. Bar just below the spine of the scapula, thumbs over the bar, straight wrists, grip comfortably narrow, elbows up.

Thanks, just needed some anecdotes. Ill put some chalk on my back as well.

Mostly it just takes time to get used to having a bar on your back. If you’re doing it right, it won’t hurt for more than a few workouts.

>Why is brown rice better for you than white rice?

t-bar or barbell row?

I got up to 107.5kg before it became a problem and gave me elbow pain, but a grip a bit wider and some chalk should do the trick. That might have still happened with a knurled bar though.

Reposting from last thread since it's dead

If I'm still chubby, can I try to get on a waiting list for gyno surgery if I can expect to be reasonably thin by the time the day of surgery comes up?
I hear it can take half a year to get in for the surgery, and I know I'll be much thinner at that point.

Whichever you prefer

Micronutrients are in the husk. The husk also slows digestion.

I’d need to see your form to help with that. You might have shoulder mobility issues on the side with the hurt elbow.

PLEASE RESPOND
I don't care much for visible abs
Do I need to isolate them to keep what I already have visible OR will lifting heavy and engaging them keep them there
Thank you

Do you have a positive diagnosis?

thank you for that picture

Maybe if they’re holding back other lifts.

I'm going to be getting medically diagnosed this coming week, but I definitely have a lot of hard mass under my nipple that isn't fat.

>163 lbs at 5'9
>been losing weight and maintaining muscle for the past 3-4 months

should I start lifting heavy/eating more? right now I am going with the caloric deficit and running on caffeine. right now my upper abs are showing but lower has tons of fat.

If I'm skinnyfat, is it better to cut fat first and then worry about gains, or just start bulking now and cut later?

Im pretty sure my grip width was too narrow for what my mobility could handle. Do you know of any things i can do to increase shoulder mobility?

I personally do planks after every workout, at the moment im doing 3 sets of one legged planks for a minute each.

How much do you weight and how tall?

Shoulders are complex and it’s hard to give specific recommendations without assessment, but shoulder disolocates usually work wonders.

Lifting, yes. Eating more, maybe a little.

What's the purpose of doing a set of 2x5 then an AMRAP set like in the grayskull routine? Why not do 3x8 or 5x5 or something like that?

I am benching 135 now. Realistically how long until i can get 225? I train chest 2 times per week

Is it normal to feel some pain weeks later if you've been a sedentary NEET for so long?

The purpose is autoregulation if you hit enough extra reps you double your weight increase for the next session. Also lets you pick up extra volume when the weights are low

Thanks, ill look into them

I'm running GSLP with Floor press and Zercher Squats and Landmine Press because of shoulder impingement/injury.

Am I gonna make it?

I feel like I could do front squats with a strap if I stall on zerchers, back squats feel weird on my hips/shoulders I much prefer the anterior loading

Why do I have hip/shoulder impingement???

You're just a pussy. Do the lifts normally

there is good pain (DOMS) and bad pain (joint injury, cramps, etc)

You need to learn to recognize and differentiate good pain from bad pain

Fit is the last place where I thought I would see trichane mentioned

Depends how much you weigh. Normal adult male, probably 6 months or so.

Not weeks, no. See a doctor.

Q: I think my squat form is good but I always tend to have a nagging knee pain where the quadriceps inserts to the knee after doing them. It doesn't occur while I'm doing them. Clearly something is wrong. Either my form is whack or maybe dominant quads. I'm going to continue working on my form at low weight but I also want to address muscle imbalance just incase it is the reason. Any advice? Anybody had similar circumstances?

I had it too, gyno with unknown cause because my hormones were mostly good. Same as you though, hard mass, and if I tried I could lactate a precum type substance out of the nip that had the hard lump. The endocrinologist put me on tamoxifen for three months, and it went away for the most part.
She said if I wanted surgery i could get it no problemo, and gave me 30 days after which I have just in case it comes back

Should I cut out sauces like teriyaki, barbecue, ketchup from my diet? I hate eating certain foods without them.

You have impingement because of wonky muscle contraction patterns and poor mobility. Probably. There's a small chance your joints are actually deformed enough to be a problem.

What exactly is wrong and how to fix it is going to be very individual and assessment is difficult in person and basically impossible over the internet.

Yoga or Feldenkrais may be useful. I prefer the later because it's less structured and more personal in its approach than postural. Start here: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcGwQrrRmOBCHy9Zlj-03wKE-s5ZCcZyV

how's your posture? years of neeting caused me to have one hip higher than the other and my right shoulder also used to be lower.

Just count the calories.

When you're on the toilet, poke your quad with your elbow looking for sore spots. Massage them with gentle to moderate pressure for a minute or two. You'll probably find problems in the vastus medialis or rectus femoris.

is pea protein good?
And rice protein?

who reracks after each of his reps?

Its a 1 rep max

Am I eating too little? I am 5'10, 185lbs. ~20%bf so I am on a cut but also trying to gain muscle (or at least maintain it). Do these macros look good?

You could just fast. Around 3 days per 1% body fat at your weight/fat if you're sedentary.

recommend ab workouts Veeky Forums

Push press, squats, deadlifts.

Ab roller and stir the pot and planks work, too.

would you recommend hanging leg raises/lifts for lower abs?

No. I would avoid heavy ab work that involves spine flexion.
youtube.com/watch?v=kukmaW9CmSU

Anyway, abs are all the same muscle. "Upper" and "lower" get worked with the same exercise. If you want to see your lower abs, shed some fat.

I can't think of a better place to post this so I guess I'll post it in this thread.
Have anyone around here punched a solid object really hard? I had a fit of rage a week ago and punched a door violently and I fucked up my hand quite a bit. I don't think I broke any bones since I can move my hand somewhat fine but I'm a little troubled with my pinky. I can move it normally aside from where it connects with my hand, where the normal "lock" it has is pretty accentuated. The are still somewhat swelled so I hope this is the reason. Did I fuck my hand permanently or it's just a matter of time for recovery?

You broke your hand. Probably a brawler's fracture. See pic.

And because you waited a week, it has started to heal and it is too late to get it set properly. To fix it you'll need surgery.

In short, you're a retard. Congrats.

>F, 5'7, 178 lbs (down from 230)
>don't care about my own health just care about looks
>want to drop weight as fast as possible
I fast a lot but always feel so shit during. I think fasting partially caused my heart problem (SVT) so I don't know whether or not fasting is safe for me anymore. My main question is: do mono diets actually work? And if they do, what about a protein shake mono (3 a day, 100 cals each)? Which would be better, fasting or the mono diet?

How should I change my routing during a ~2 month (10lbs loss goal) cut? Should I incorporate something like rowing? Lift heavy? Lift light?

fugg :DDD
thanks for the info

Mono diets are pretty stupid. A good first step to giving yourself a serious eating disorder.

Talk to your doctor about fasting and whatever meds you're on for your SVT.

I already have an eating disorder, trying not to kms honestly. That's why mono seems better than fasting because at least it's something but idk

1. there is no reason to extend a 10lb cut to 2 months, cut aggressively for 5 weeks instead
2. don't change anything

Reduce volume. Don't worry about trying to improve, just hit the gym and lift a weight that feels heavy.

not the user who punched a door, but my right hand has been giving me trouble during bench

drummed a lot over the past year without really giving myself time to rest, and there's pain on the backside of my hand near my wrist whenever i push my hand against something (AKA whenever i get into push-up position and put pressure, it starts hurting)

any ideas what this is and how to heal

can i use a mat for chest flys or do i need to buy a bench

Mono diets tend to be rather poor at providing complete nutrition. Meat is sort of an exception. Eating just meat zero-carb diet style might work.

Figure out what muscles in your forearms contract when you provoke your hand pain. Do this by provoking pain and feeling what's contracting. Massage to release.

triggerpoints.net may also be useful. click where it hurts. match the pain pattern to the red. massage on the Xs.

I'm dropping ~500cal per day and halving my carbs, per IIFYM. I'm planning on a pound a week but figure I'll do more. I'm just concerned about losing muscle mass with the fat.

Thanks both for the feedback.

much appreciated my man, gonna look into this

Do you want full range of motion or not?

Yes? Bench.

No? Mat.

Hint: you want full range of motion.

Hint 2: don't do flyes. Do more reps of bench press.

What YouTube channel can I follow to see videos about basic gym stuff and health in general?

i wanna do pull-ups/chin-ups but not sure the "best" way to build up to that

dips?

Lat pull downs or assisted chins/pull ups. Assisted are better but not everyone's gym has the equipment to do them.

If you don't have a gym at all, try doing negatives. Jump up to the bar and let yourself down slowly.

Barbell rows are an acceptable alternative as well.

Dips are basically the opposite movement.

gotcha, will try doing lat pull downs

Buy or download copies of Starting Strength and Practical Programming. Add in The Anatomy Coloring Book (seriously) and you've got like 95% of what you need to know to lift for the rest of your life.

You'd save yourself a lot of hassle if you just avoided fitness YouTube entirely.

>Anatomy Coloring Book
That's hilarious and something I would have never thought of. I'm gonna give it a shot. Thanks!

I'm not trying to 'see my abs', I want to strengthen my core

How can I hit a 225 bench press on PPL? I'm on 190x5 now brehs. Progress is getting harder

So?

Switch to a non-retarded intermediate program like madcow 5x5.

I literally skipped 2 days of training because of fucking flu.
I'm afraid, i've been having great progress, 6 uninterrupted weeks of training, what the fuck.

How do you guys cure fast from this shit?

Just got some Salted Caramel Syntha-6 Edge. Why does this flavor taste so terrible compared to their others?

Delray misfits are pretty funny, but has all information stuff covered.

/tttt/ here, I want to get better waist-hip ratio and prettier curves.
What can I do to (in order of importance):
Get flatter belly;
Not gain anything but boobs in the upper part of my body;
Make my chest smaller (is it even possible?);
Get bigger bottom?

I know swimming is out of the question, as that would make my chest huge and arms strong. Probably same applies to any exercise including hands.

I'm 85AA-65-82 (underbust 75), 178 cm tall, and weigh some 52 kg.

Get your mental illness fixed

Can't get my wrists to get straight, never had a problem with it tho

>on a cut
>need to meet calorie reqs so I don't eat under my limit
>groceries low
>mum got donuts from aunt's house
>ate one so I could get in those 300 calories

Will one donut do a lot of damage? I didn't have a lot of choices

Cal are all that matter(within reason) unless you are doing a meme diet like Keto or Palio or whatever.

Thumbs over the bar. Same side as the fingers. Straighten the wrists first, then put the hands on the bar.

The problem is that people tend to try to support the bar with their wrists.

I'm working on that, I'm already happy with myself most of the time, my dysphoria is going away.
Just want to look better in these lovely dresses.

Stay hydrated and get some rest

Thats good to hear.

does doing pull ups and chin ups trains your forearms?

A little, it's grip work if you are heavy or doing weighted chins/pull ups

What are the the most vitamins and minerals dense foods?

Definitely. A lot.

>Bigger bottom
Squats, lunges, barbell bridges, good mornings, kettlebell swings. Literally any and all exercises working your bottom half of the body. Note you'll need to eat at surplus to grow. Honestly just do SL/5x5 and do the upper body exercises with higher volume, less weight to avoid growth ( but keep yourself healthy ). Add at least lunges.

>Flatter belly
You're skinny as all hell already, so if you feel like your tummy isn't flat you most likely just unfortunately pack the little fat you have straight to your stomach. Get some abs to fill out the flab but it will of course also make your waist area a bit bigger.
Wear cinchers if you want to emphasize the hourglass figure. Or also get bigger chest. If you want to go nuts, you can wear tight cinchers/corsets AT ALL TIMES. If you're training muscle and eating at surplus, it can *slightly* mold your waist to be *slightly* smaller ( compared to everything else ). But the effort/benefit ratio is pretty bad.

>Chest smaller
Make bottom bigger by comparison.

>Bigger boobs
Surgery

What should I do for bi/triceps?

At the moment I do cable pulldowns (3x10), ez curls (3x10) and chinups (3xf).

Due to having been sick I wasn't able to go to the gym for about 2 months. How do I start again i. e. how much should I reduce weights and what should I take into consideration in order to avoid injuries?

whats the rest of ur routine like

What do you guys think of nsuns 4 day program? I want to get bigger numbers and gains. Moving from ppl because I can't recover anymore lifting 6 days a week

Is being sore from a single workout for three days common? I would like to workout every other day but my body never heals that quickly.

follow up question: is it wise to go into a workout sore?

Yes, DOMS arent something that would make one to miss a workout. They just make you more injury prone. This means that you have to warm up better than usually. If you do this, youre fine.

Depends on the level of soreness. If your piss isnt brown and you dont need constant medication to alleviate the pain, you most likely dont have anything serious (rhabdomyelosis), and it's just normal DOMS. You dont suffer normal DOMS, you enjoy them.

Also, if youve trained bodypart X once a week for several months, and then change your routine to train it 3 times a week, it takes a few weeks to adjust. The DOMS subside after some weeks.

FUAAAAARKKKKKKK brehs there's a qt running in literal booty shorts on the treadmill. Each step she takes, her asscheeks shake and my hormones intensify what do I do??