Are ab rollouts a meme exercise?

Are ab rollouts a meme exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3xTjnwo2S2A
youtube.com/watch?v=A3uK5TPzHq8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They work but almost everyone does them wrong. It needs to be slow and controlled, it's super difficult. Not a meme at all.

one of the hardest things ive ever done honestly

How do I progress to these? I have an ab roller but I'm a corelet and can't even do one

Hollow body holds

Wider grip using a barbell is a little easier than the wheel

It is the best but you outgrow it within 3 months. Maybe there is a way to add weight but even the heaviest weight vest barely increased difficulty for me.

Supposedly they're really goodfor lower abs (?)

There's one in my gym and been wondering if I should add a coupleof abs excercise to my routine, maybe next week i'm changing routine

Also, to me they look like they work your shoulders more than your abs, so whatever.

ab rollouts are the first and only time I ever felt ab DOMS.

What is the right way to do them? I usually do it just like OPs pic. Usually sets of 12, and it feels pretty effective by the end.

Have you seen increase in the size of your abs?
How does a day of working out abs look foryou?
2-3 excercises? 3-4 ses? 10-12 reps?

They are brutal on your core and I get a lat pump from them too. Shoulders not so much.

3 days a week I’ll do an ab circuit of 3 exercises. 3 sets of 12, about 60 second rest between rounds.

Usually something like cable crunches, rollouts, and leg raises.

I have seen some development in my abs but that could also just be from fat loss, since I’ve changed my diet over the last couple months.

>isolating abs

Yes it's just a meme to sell a product.
Sprinting is the best abs exercise there is. Just tense up your core muscles as you explosively sprint, the pushing forward and twisting of your core muscles as you go works better because your abs are fast twitch fiber.
youtube.com/watch?v=3xTjnwo2S2A

>thinks ab rollers isolate abs

Abs are usually just the limiting factor, honey. Not the only thing worked.

the trick is to keep your core contracted at all times during the repetition, much like the cable ab crunch. Too many people dont contract the core and use shoulders to keep them in anchored up

You can start with an incline if you can't do them flat

S T A N D I N G
T
A
N
D
I
N
G

god the muscle fibre thing is a bigger meme than ab wheels. The only thing that video got right is that fast twitch is for speed and slow twitch for endurance. But even that isnt really a solid fact, good enough for a video I guess.

t. weak little faggot with 22% bodyfat

On the edge

>Are ab rollouts a meme exercise?

yea why not

1 arm rollouts

this.

also, which ab wheel do you guys recommend?
I just got the shitty walmart one

Any
saged

fuck off moron

I have the shitty WM one too and it gets the job done. I was doing so much resistance training to get big abs that it started killing my back. This thing gives me doms when sit-ups holding 2pl8s didn't.

Doing 3x15 daily now and working on standing rollouts.

Or why not 1-arm deadlifts or bosuball-squats
When will the retardculture in fitness die honestly

>rrreee stop being athletic you may do squats, bench and conventional deadlift ONLY
You'll want to try new stuff too after you're done with your six months of SS sweetie

Ab roller is fantastic. Only problem is sometimes they make my old elbow injury flare up. You definitely get substance from the exercise though.

No you fuck off moron
You are wrong you dumbass nigger cunt

Biggest mistake people usually do (OP pic included) is tensing their abs and core improperly during the movement in a way that just leads to lumbar hyperextension due to abs failing. Correct form below:

>Setup
Arms and upper legs perpendicular to the floor, shoulders back and lats tensed. Most important part highlighted in my shitty illustration, contract your abs (think like in the end part of a crunch).
>Execution
Slowly roll forward keeping your abs fully tense throughout the entire movement. You don't have to go all the way out, just do as far as you can while still keeping the contraction in your abs. Distance isn't the important part of this movement. If you're losing ab contraction you're going further than you are able to. Roll back and repeat. Do short reps back and forward at your bottom position if you really want them abs to burn.

Holy moly I've been doing it wrong, I thought the feet and the roller are the points of contact, not the knees and roller

Jeff approves of this message

youtube.com/watch?v=A3uK5TPzHq8

So that's why Usain Bolt is so big.

That's what you're supposed to do when it becomes too easy on your knees.

Can someone explain how it trains abs?
Apparently The used muscles are upper back and maybe arms

You're doing them wrong

I don't use it but looking at op pic the used muscles are the upper back and arms

If you don't focus on keeping your abs tense, you're right.

This senpai, i overpushed myself once and did them with shit form letting my lowerback sag. Couldnt recover for 2 weeks after that.

no, but don't do them like that, you need to arch your back when you pull back

I always have lower back pains after doing these despite constricting my abs as hard as I can the whole motion.

Would doing these help with anterior pelvic thrust? What about working lower abs? I want to believe my 4-pack isn't genetic and if I correct my posture my lower abs will start to show.

>anterior pelvic thrust
Think you meant tilt that, famalam.