Unsweetened oats is legit an acquired taste

Unsweetened oats is legit an acquired taste.

I've reached the point where I can taste the nutrients. The healthier something is, the better it tastes to me. It also has a lot to do with the texture of things.

Other urls found in this thread:

anabolicmen.com/avena-sativa-testosterone/
scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-tell-their-hosts-what-to-eat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>overcoming generations of sugar addiction is an acquired taste
Assuming you're American.

Scandinavian.

ok
cool blog

>The healthier something is, the better it tastes to me.
this is true. after some time of eating clean food and tracking calories, macros, etc. you learn to appreciate the more nutritious food and dislike the shitty fast foods that make you fat and sad.

milk sweetens it enough for me

I drink coffee black or with half-and-half as well.

>milk with oats
>milk
3/10 just because of the oats

It's the only way. I still put some organic cocoa in thought, but I have been cutting all kinds of sauces/ketchups from my meals and it's not even hard to eat them anymore.

A literal 80% of my carb intake is oats.

Translation : The more I tell myself something is healthy, the more I like it.

Too bad oats are shit tier and have anti-androgenic properties.

>shit tier
>helps you shit

>linked to IBS
>helping you shit

Checks out

>Too bad oats are shit tier and have anti-androgenic properties

fake news

can confirm this. I eat veggies like I've been starved for weeks, so fucking tasty somehow.

anabolicmen.com/avena-sativa-testosterone/

Fucking for real

I mix my protein with water and then add a full serving of oats. Then I eat the oats like if it was cereal while drinking the protein. Godly and the best and only way to eat oats.

Beta glucan in oats stops the absorption of cholesterol from foods. Are you fucking retarded or do you think regularly ingesting cholesterol is good for you?

>because β glucan reduces chilesterol, it also reduces testosterone

You do know that our liver creates cholesterol right? Oats do not suppress cholesterole entirely and your liver compensates the lost cholesterol by increasing its production.

Meh, chocolate protein, cinnamon, and PB make it fucking delicious.

>can no longer eat oats because they give me horrific gas and disgusting shits

sigh

soak them for 24 hours my man

ive tried a lot of stuff. let them soak, had them in smoothies, had them in oatmeal. nothing has worked. worst part is i ate oatmeal 2x a day for years 5-6 years ago with no issues. im pretty upset.

How are oats linked to IBS? They're anti-inflammatory

I get the same, but I think it's because of milk. As soon as I quit milk I had big, solid, ghost shits. How the fuck am I supposed to leave skelly mode without milk.

fiber

more than 1/2 cup of oats would be beyond what's allowed on a FODMAP diet

A fodmap diet is what very sick people with very specific problems follow. It doesn't mean any food they don't eat causes IBS in people.

> I eat plain oats + water for 90% of my breakfasts
Didn't realise this was some sort of accomplish

yeah for me it isnt the milk, i cut the oats but the same amount of milk or even more and no gas/shit problems

This. Used to drink sugary flavored coffees with splenda or sweet n low all the time, tastes absolutely disgusting now. Half-and-half master race.

Ketchup's been one that's hard to let go for me. I like it on eggs and potatoes. I seem to be making some progress, though, since I've lately been doing like half ketchup and half some type of hot sauce.

scientificamerican.com/article/how-gut-bacteria-tell-their-hosts-what-to-eat/

You are a product of what you eat. That's why people can feel sick from eating healthy and only crave fast food and why you on your long term healthy diet feel sick when eating fast food and only crave healthy food that you are used to.

Oh shit my nig, this actually sounds tasty af.

How do you do it OP? I literally can't eat posts unless I pour sugar on it or at least whey protein powder and creamer

The hell, I'm not even healthy and came to Veeky Forums to try and get better, but I eat unsweetened oats without any problems and I've done so for all of my life. Whenever I try sweetening it I feel really bad afterwards.

However, aren't oats pretty calorie-rich? I have a bit of a hunger problem, so I'm trying to eat the kinds of food that make me full for as long as possible and have found that I have to eat a hell lot of oats for the fullness to last a couple of hours. Rye bread, eggs, etc. are all more filling to me.

Gut bacteria take about three days to adapt to a new diet.

I know how you feel, it's a completly diffredt lense of looking at the world.

>I've reached the point where I can taste the nutrients.

I eat 100-300g of oats every day. I never make anything out of them, I just mix in some chia seeds and down them quickly with a glass of water.

Do you guys soak your oats in order to reduce phytic acid?

>being so proud of not putting sugar in your food like a child you post on 4 chins about it

thinking grains are healthy lmao . Ure eating slave food brah

>Huge bowl of cooked Quaker oats
>Blueberries
>Loads of Maple Syrup

The only way I can tolerate the King of Carbs

Oats are supposed to be unsweetened nigger, that's how literally everyone I know always eats them. Stop being a fat fuck.

>However, aren't oats pretty calorie-rich?
No. For how much satiety they give they're relatively low on calories. 100 grams is a full large bowl of oatmeal and only about 370kcal.

>eat dry oats
>took a long time to finish, tasted like nothing

>eat dry oats with mashed banana
>tasted good, finished it in seconds

really, banana + oats = perfect carb