Anyone here have bipolar or borderline personality disorder...

anyone here have bipolar or borderline personality disorder? I've been diagnosed and just want some relief from the suffering of my everyday life.

Other urls found in this thread:

guilfordjournals.com/doi/abs/10.1521/pedi_2012_26_071
counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/the-gift-inside-borderline-personality-disorder-bpd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My wife was diagnosed with borderline disorder a few weeks ago.
It answers a lot of questions...

It’s tough OP, watching it all unfold. She was on antidepressants last year (prior to diagnosis) and they really levelled her out.

She’s seeing a psychologist which is helping but this is early days. It will be a lot of work to get some normality back but it is achievable.

did your wife feel emptiness or extreme anger or uncontrollable impulsivity ever? Was she ever real mean or unable to deal with emotion properly?

Yes to all of that. She knows it’s not normal but can’t stop it. The antidepressants helped manage that, but the treat the symptoms and not the cause.
Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT) Is what the plan is now, have you researched?

no I haven't really. I feel the exact same way like I know the problems are there but I just can't stop. Ill look into DBT thanks for talking to me man I appreciate it.

No worries. It’s tough but you can still have a life. Speak to your family/close friends/other half about it too. You’ll feel better for it

>Tfw had a borderline gf for a year
Fuck man must be hard.. I almost went crazy myself trying to deal with her. So glad I got out of that.

I'm diagnosed bipolar but I think it's bpd, I just have an actually stupid psychiatrist. My medication (effexor) helps a lot but honestly I'm never really without my disorder if that makes sense.

Look into DBT buddy.

Yes I know, problem is I got her pregnant and I’m a real man so I stayed to make sure the kids are ok. It was a hard choice but I’d die for my kids

> It was a hard choice but I’d die for my kids

your wish shall be granted

> thinking your psychiatrist is stupid

It’s bpd

I've had psychiatrists before her and unfortunately had to switch to her, sessions are supposed to be 30 mins and she makes them not even 5 by just shoving prescriptions at me, pushing me out the door and telling me to come back in 4 weeks. When I try to tell her I'm not doing well or that a medication isn't working for me she just doesn't listen. So yeah, she's in it for the money, not to help people.

Also all of her reviews are awful lol

What happens if a healthy person takes lithium?

This is just anecdotal but my last gf had BPD and she tried DBT therapy and it didn’t really help her at all. She even tried ECT which didn’t work either. Just gave her short term memory loss for a month

Can't get another one within your insurance network? I would not even deal with that bullshit

How do you faggots not realize early enough that the person you are gonna spend the rest of your life with is not OK mentally? No wonder why divorce rates are so high when people like you marry BEFORE getting to know with your partner. Pathetic

mfw my ex is bipolar

explains a hell of a lot of things mang

Whatever you do, don't have kids. My mother is a hellbeast with BPD and growing up it was like living in an episode of Supernatural, except for the same demons always came back. Suicide threats and screaming insanity for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as a midnight snack.

I frequently missed school because I'd passed out after she'd been raging at me for hours. Kill it before it breeds tbhonest famiglia.

Most women who kill their kids are diagnosed with BPD. If he doesn't stay, the kids are kill.

This. You're at an evolutionary dead end if you breed with someone who's batshit insane. The kids may turn out somewhat okay, but there's a large chance they won't.

My mom is borderline, I dont know how's your wife, but when I see my dad with my mom, I'd say, run.

I'm a guy with BPD, from my perspective it's easy to see how women would be utterly incapable of any control from the insane impulses this stupid condition seems to bring about, I'd highly encourage any of you who have BPD partners (not self diagnosed) to cut and run ASAP unless you want to risk a literal lifetime of misery. This shit does not get better over time, I've spent more time than I care to recall learning and conditioning myself to be an actually functional person as a front but the ridiculous exaggerated emotional responses to the most insignificant stimuli is always a factor, it takes an incredible amount of concentration and willpower just to stop yourself most of the time. From my research so far I've concluded that any hope of a long term "cure" is outright impossible simply due to the nature of this issue, the best any sufferers can hope for is some degree of control over their own emotions in an attempt to form actually meaningful relationships with anyone.

Seriously, just get out, you deserve better.

Same guy
That's not a life to stay with someone borderline, and if you'd ''die'' for your kids, just run, you'll save them a lot of pain, I called the police many times against my mother, and I cant count the nights I had trouble sleeping in fear that she kill us, its hard to deal with someone like this.

>Thinking everyone with just a hint of bpd is even remotely like your abusive fuxked up mom

Sorry to break it to you, but BPD is a cluster B personality disorder, like NPD (narcissists), and ASPD (psychopaths and sociopaths). They have no empathy, they make a big song and dance about their feelz and being sooo sensitive, but it's all about their out of control feelings, they have no awareness that other people matter too. They are dangerous.

OP, bipolar is bad but it's better than BPD. BPD cannot be cured.

Partially incorrect on the empathy count, read up on "The Borderline Paradox".

guilfordjournals.com/doi/abs/10.1521/pedi_2012_26_071

Alternative article for the same topic:
counselling-directory.org.uk/counsellor-articles/the-gift-inside-borderline-personality-disorder-bpd

can't you just take drugs like valium to chill you the fuck out, so you float through life without being so reactionary

sounds better to me, than the roller coaster

Bipolar Depression here. I take Lamictal to manage my mood because Latuda is too expensive. Frankly I'm able to almost manage to pass as a regular contributing member of society as long as I hit the gym for a few hours every day.

I've been having voices as of recent, they're often of murderous intent. In regards to BPD, I don't think I have it but I do find myself getting incredibly pissed off at the dumbest of things and wanted to resolve it with extreme measures.

I'm seeing a therapist soon and i'm writing down all the stuff I consider worth sharing with them.

Hang in there OP, you be iight

Diagnosed bipolar. My life sucked alot for aong time untill I got my diagnosis. Now I'm doing really good but I have to have structure and lift or I tend to slip away. Also need a stable environment and got a few social nets that watch out for chznges in my mood like my roommate, my gf, my mom and therapist.
I dont take meds but I'm also very careful, I never drink, take drugs or fuck with my sleep schedule. It was boring af at first but now I'm actually achieving shit.

>tfw bipolar
>doc recommends I take some crazy shit like in op
>just take a ssri instead and avoid the lows while enjoying the highs with minimal side effects
lmao

Just started taking Citalopram, is it normal to fuck me up this bad?? I'm having panic attacks like a mother fucker and I don't ever get those

well that doesn't sound good

I'm gonna try to get through a couple more days and if its the same im cutting it off and calling my doc

>work all week, up at 6 am asleep at 10pm, get 8 or more hours of sleep

>weekend comes

>spent all morning in bed, do nothing, feel like a lazy motherfucker for 2 days

why does this happen?