Fitness Standards

What are the basic fitness standard that any healthy man should be able to reach?
Could you reach them?

For me:
>50 miles walk (no technique involve, just being able to walk for a decent amount of time)
>2 times bodyweight deadlift (functional test of strength that does not rely on technique to much).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_march
ultrasignup.com/results_event.aspx?did=31558#id897676
artofmanliness.com/2009/09/15/every-man-should-be-able-to-save-his-own-life-5-fitness-benchmarks-a-man-must-master/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FPBP

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

How can I test that I can walk for 50 miles if I'm not willing to spend 8 hours of my day walking?

spbp

I can do the deadlift one; I've never walked 50 miles but I do walk a fair bit so I'm pretty sure I could do it if I had the chance.

50 mile walk wtf

You can't really know until you did it. There are probably annual events in your country that would organize that.
If you do it with a friend that is nice; otherwise with some podcasts.

I am really sorry; I fail to understand why you would say that in such context.

I'd add 15 pushups and a beep test score of 8.

if you can jog at over 6mph for 8 hours straight, all the power to you m8. 50 miles is looking more at 13+ hours, and that's giving a generous average of 3.7-4mph.

I'd say
>at least 2-3 pull ups with strict form
>30 pushups
>40 situps
>run 2 miles in less than 18 mins

yeah, I can reach them. the problem with "any healthy man" is that the bar nowadays is REALLY low.

Beep test score of 8 hahaha

Very tough if you are not active but if you do long walks regularly it's not that hard. I've seen grandmas do it.

It was a test by JFK en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_march as far as I know.

Do you know what a beep test of 8 translates to in terms of speed?

30 pushups seems harder than the rest
2 miles in less than 18 minutes seems easier than the rest but maybe I'm skewed.

A lot more people can do 18 minutes for 2 miles than 50 miles walk or 2x deadlift

lol

when you walk for 50 miles you incur a lot more risk of injury, especially if you don't walk on a flat road (and in 50 miles, you bet you're not going to be on flat ground all the time). Add a pack, and the risk is easily doubled. It becomes more about conditioning than anything else. Say 2 miles under 16 min to make it a bit harder, it's still feasible, but with much less left to the chance of a tendon or another giving out after mile 30. At least in my opinion.

As for the 30 pushups, I think it comes mainly down to individual lifestyle and preferred training routines.

30 pushups is a lot for some people, even army standards aren't much higher for certain age ranges.

times bodyweight deadlift (functional test of strength that does not rely on technique to much).
This is retarded when the average healthy men can't even diddly their own bw.

I could do this save the pull ups when I completed my military service, and I was a fat fuck.

>50 miles walk
Do you know how far 50 miles is? The fucking army won't march people 50 miles in a day.

I know it's a bit much for a lot of people but if you are in shape that should not be an unreasonable standard to achieve.
Same with 2x deadlift; an average person won't be able to do it but that does not seem crazy.

Is it crazy, am I skewed by fit standards?

If you think 2x BW deadlift doesn't require technique then say good night sweet prince to your spine.

ultrasignup.com/results_event.aspx?did=31558#id897676

Needs a bench and snatch standard. Half marathon or 10k is a much better test of fitness than 50 miles

>70kg Male
>105kg 1RM
Hold on, wait a fucking sec, is this real? I though Veeky Forums told me a person of that weight should be able to bench 2pl8s for reps after 6-12 months? I'm 80kg and lifting for 6 months but only bench 75kg for 5 reps and seriously struggling/grinding on it. Is this whole site e-stating all along?

Those people are talking about if you specifically train for powerlifting, and 2pl8 for a 1RM is about what an average guy can expect after a year.
"For reps" means nothing. If anyone says they do something "for reps," it could mean anywhere between two and twenty.
If it's not in /fraud/ /symmetric/ /plg/ or /owg/, it's e-statting

>Those people are talking about if you specifically train for powerlifting
No, its just a random thread with random anons calling me weak because I can't hit numbers which made me insecure and I did a lot of extra push accessories work. Not bragging but I hit 160kgx5 on conventional deadlift in 6 months though.

People who already do it thinks it super easy. Look at people around your gym who lift and realize only a few do it.

Yah it's dumb. No one has time for boring was walking. The true test of fitness is mountain climbing and should be measured in vertical feet regardless ground mileage.

>50 miles walk
>2 times bodyweight deadlift
t. I've never done any physical exercise in my life

Do you think it's unrealistic?

No but in OP's original post
>any healthy man
You better give more context on how you define a healthy man because picking up an active adult male who eats healthy, goes for jogs and sleeps moderately and ask him to diddly 2xbw and he won't be able to.

how much does one's capacity to deadlift correlate with their body weight?

asking because I'm 230lbs at 25% BF and 460lbs sounds pretty intense

Get those persistence hunting gains

Took me 6 months to hit double my bodyweight on deadlift on linear progression.

artofmanliness.com/2009/09/15/every-man-should-be-able-to-save-his-own-life-5-fitness-benchmarks-a-man-must-master/

you're fat, get down to 200 and 400DL shouldn't be intimidating. i DL 425 @ 165BW

500 lbs bench

700 lbs hip thrust

600 lbs deadlift

250 lbs OHP

+300 lbs weighted dip

+240 weighted pull up

200 consecutive push ups

80 consecutive pull ups

10 one arm pull ups

Sub 10 seconds 100 m sprint

Sub 20 second 200 m sprint

Sub 48 seconds 400 m sprint

Sub 2 min 800 m sprint

30 inches vertical jump

If you cant do any of those before you turn 21 years old you are nothing but a low test soyboy

I agree, these numbers should be gotten within 6-12 months of training if you are a healthy male without hormone imbalances

>Do you think it's unrealistic?
Yes.

50 mile walks might be realistic for ultra-marathoners but no one else. I would say the average person doesn't walk/run/bike 50 miles a month let alone in ONE trip.

2xbw DL is attainable but most people have no want or desire to be able to lift that much weight. The only people who care about how many pl8s they lift are rippletits fanboys on Veeky Forums and powerlifters. Both very small niches at the gym.

Could you be any less realistic for "basic fitness standard that any healthy man should be able to reach"

A good bench mark for "Basic fitness standard" would be much simpler. Because this doesn't encompass Veeky Forums men only but "healthy men" according to you. 25 pushups, 5 pullups, run a mile

This desu

lol I guarantee you can't do 1 of these things on your list

I would add a weight requirement with height, like 6'1 200+ and being able to fulfill all the fitness test

>run 2 miles in less than 18 mins
This is too easy. I'm considerably overweight and do this regularly on an incline.

>bodyweight overhead
>1.5x bodyweight incline bench / row
>2x bodyweight squat
>2.5x bodyweight deadlift
>fat percentage under 15%

the only acceptable standards

>another brainlet

>mad cuz wont ever get those achievements
must be fun, being a literal cuck

No seriously you're fucking dumb if you don't get the point of this thread.

user, are you seriously taking that bait?

aren't those numbers a little low? i would add some 50's and 25's and it would be perfect

it's not so much the number that bothers me. I expect to be able to do that in decent time. it's the implication that every healthy adult male should be able to do it that's pretty fucking stupid.

it's like saying you're not healthy if you can't run a half marathon. nigga that's something any able bodied man can do IF they train for it. it's a terrible universal standard.

>50 mile walks
>ultra marathoners

it's a good milestone for your average hiker. you're talking about elite runners.

>t. idk what an ultra marathon is