Just did day 1 of couch to 5k

>just did day 1 of couch to 5k
>almost fucking died

Jesus Christ I didn't expect my lung capacity to be this shit. But I pulled through.

It gets easier, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

The key is finding the form and pace that allows you to run without killing yourself. Basically you get better by learning how to slow down

Whats your time for 5k?

I already got the form down. Learned that in the military, but that was 3 years ago. I'm very much out of shape since then.

Took me time to get pace + breathing right.

Also don't hesitate to repeat a week if you struggled. I did week 4 twice before moving on

Yeah the first few runs coming back are brutal. Three years is a long break too

And I've been smoking a pack a day up to and including yesterday.

Thank you, sage advice baboon.

Unironically inspirational

Reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=tYzMYcUty6s

On my run today there was this big unit looking like he was doing off-season training for rugby. Pretty inspiring to see a guy that's like 6 foot 3 and jacked doing long-distance training

Usually it is 40 year old bald guys. 40 year old bald guys really like running for some reason

>40 year old bald guys really like running for some reason
That's because they want to be 90 year old bald guys.

You are welcome, lads. Take care.

Stick with it, consistency is key

I have time till June but I need to be able to run 6km faster than 28 minutes. Is this doable without killing my gains? I walk 6km in like 39 minutes right now.

I have a similar issue.
I cant seem to increase my speed. I just get tired way to quickly if I try.

HIIT my dudes.

Basically do couch to 5k, but replace jogging with sprinting at 100%, and walking with regular jogging.

Can I do that every second day at the gym and won't my actual gains not be affected by it? Should I do that after my workout?

You'll be creating white muscle fibers instead of red, which means less volume and more stamina.

You'll look less swole, but more athletic. It's what I'm aiming for.

Also, do it as a warmup every second day.

>can barely walk and jog
>"lol just sprint bro"

>have tension in my jaw around my wisdom teeth
>feels like a pressure in my ears
>go for a run
>it's all gone
>tfw

no
it gets harder
but you get better