Arm pain never goes away

I have been working out for half a year doing calisthenics from convict conditioning using veteran plan.

I have no problem progressing with all muscles except my arms (forearms fine). My arms hurt all the time when I try to make push ups, after 10 standard push ups I feel burning pain in arm part above elbow. It seems like my performance also goes down with each session. For example, I was able to make 20 push ups no problem, before I started working out regulary.

I have no problem doing diamond push ups.
What should I do? It's very demotivating.

There’s nothing youre fugged

bump

I have something similar. I think it's elbow tendonitis. My elbows started cracking and hurting a lot from pull ups. I didn't stop so eventually my elbows hurt all the time and I couldn't sleep because my hands would go numb and I lost feeling in my thumbs. Still recovering, but it's a lot better now, I'm able to work out. I'm keeping it light, though and taking 1200mg of Ibuprofen a day.

OP, save pic related and circle in paint where the pain is located. I've dont rock climbing and advanced ring training for a long time and have delt with loads of minor to moderate arm injuries. I can probably help if I know a little more.

Maybe this can help you, OP

>1200mg of Ibuprofen a day.
Kidneys BTFO

I've only been taking it for less than a week. I'm good if I stop, right?

And this

Yeah, just don’t take it every day for 6 months-1 year

Thanks, user.

Or take a week off and week on, just to let it out of your system for a bit

Yeah, I was thinking of doing something like that.

>Ibuprofen

NSAIDS should be avoided or used to a minimum, they inhibit tissue repair and injury healing. There are studies showing repaired tendons being weaker when NSAIDs have been used. Inflammation is an important part of healing, you jsut don't want too much for too long( this can also negatively affect healing, even make things worse). Healing injuries is best done with rest(immobilize the joint if necessary), letting the inflammation do it's work, then inflammation management can become relevant but kept to a minimum. You should return to LIGHT activity when you don't feel any pain 10 minutes after you have finished, some pain during the excersise is fine. Do LIGHT rehab, such as light weights or rubber bands, look up specific exercises for your specific injury.

OP here
sorry for the delay I was afk

yes, I planned to make a week rest. Right now it's the 4th day and I feel the little pain non-stop in the area I marked

sorry, didn't read whole thread

Hey man I had the same problem it was very bad when waking up.
After I stopped doing push exercises and focusing only on pull the pain went away but if I start pushing it comes back
Somebody save me

I've been having a similiar problem for a year, especially during explosive push ups, heavy bench press and weighted dips.
What hurt was my whole fucking tricep (from elbow up to my shoulder). It was visibly underdeveloped to the point where it looked ridiculous (I can post pics if u want but I'm gonna have to look for them) and my lockout was fucking bad on all push exercises. My push press was only 5kg bigger than my ohp lmao (80kg and 75kg were my one rep maxes back then).

What helped was a lot of stretching and a LOT of direct tricep work, isolations and shit. Had to stop my cut just to put some meat on my triceps, I'd look like shit if I didn't and the pain was sometimes hard to handle. The pain didn't really ruin my progress tho, although my strength exploded once I went ham on my triceps.

OP here
Just out of curiosity, did you tried with foam roller? I had exact same issues, but with calf muscle. When I was walking, even slower than an old grandmother I felt pain comparable to putting nail into my lower leg. I will try to do the same with my arms, put half of my bodyweight at the place, where hurts.

Okay, follow these steps and you should be solid:

1. Stop doing anything that makes it hurt for more than 10 minutes after you finish the excersise, least amount pain is desireable.

2. Feel with your hand on the relevant muscles, seems to be tricep, middle+posterior deltoid, could be usefull to hold the stretch in pic related. You are looking for knots or muscles feeling a tight string, if you find any push on them with your thumb, if this hurts a lot then you have found a potential reason. Massage the knot/string that hurts by "playing on it" or in other words push while moving over it so that it "jumps" out in the other direction, then stop over it and push with your thumb again, hard, for 10 second, let go and then gently massage it again. Repeat untill it feels warm, repeat 1-3 times/day, possibly more given it feels less painfull day by day.

3. See if symptoms improve while the knot/string becomes less painfull(or disappears), if not then repeat step two, if nothing is found in that area I would take a look at lats, traps/neck and forearms.

4. If you can, get a foam roller or lacrosse ball, makes self-massage easier. Massage relevant muscles regularly.

5. Return to doing the excersises that hurt but at a VERY LIGHT weight, or a lighter version, so push ups on knees or light dumbbell press. Also WARM UP RELVANT AREA EVERY WORKOUT, with light weights or elastic bands untill you are warm and mobile, do several sets of easy warm up. You will also get a good feel if you are capable of training that day, all pain should cease no longer than 10 min after you stop doing it.

6. All else fails and you are no better week by week, go see a physiotherapist.

Will post some relevant pictures.

Start looking in this area.

And start doing this strech, also works with a stick. Do it before every workout, keep scapula activated. 15x3 is a good start. take it slow.

Oh and teres major could also be a culprit.

Thank you very much, yes yes, I have foam roller and lacrosse ball, I cured my legs by self-massage. It hurts when I push the muscle with my thumb

When I first started doing workouts (with no guide) I didn't warm up and I put very hard weights