Pull ups

What is the best pull ups program?

grab the bar and do them

do them until you're tired today. if you're really sore the next day, take it off. the first day that you're not sore, do them until you're tired again, while really making an effort to do more than the last day you did them.

rinse and repeat.

Horrible advice

Form is important, spread the reps into many sets instead of doing them in a few sets where you start kipping to bring yourself up the bar.

Make sure you go back to dead hang every time or you'll be weak forever.

The hardest part of the ROM is rising from dead hang.

For body weight pull ups, dead hang is where its at.

Once ya start adding 1 plate +, ya will fuck up your shoulders with dead hang.

t. weak faggot

When I was to heavy to do them I did inverted rows then moved on to regular pullups.I now do both and have a wide thick and strong back

t. stupid faggot

t. shoulderlet faggot

Slow, controlled form

This cannot be overstated. You have to take it slow otherwise you just throw your weight around without making progress. Better to do 3 with perfect form than 8 which are you just cheating.

Do 5 sets up pull ups, AMRAP.

Then go to lat pull down and do medium weight AMRAP for 5 sets.

Then go to assisted pull up machine and do AMRAP for 5 sets.

Then go run two miles because it's easier to do pull ups when you weigh less.

GG EZ

>Once ya start adding 1 plate
What the fuck nigga, 10x3 dead hang body weight should give you nice fucking toast so you can move on to other exercises, if you can do that shit with 1 plate just increase the reps

1) weigh less
2) do pyramids
2-4-6-8-10-8-6-4-2
thats a lot in short amount of time

Im trying to get to 20, currently at 17. Pyramids and weighted pyramids are the best.

How to get better at pull ups
Do pull ups
I was at 0 pull ups know I do 5 reps of 50 pounds weighted pull ups

Icnreasing reps on body weight pull ups past your ability to do 15 is like increasing reps on 1 pl8 bench and do like 30 of them. Ain't gonna help you improve much.

density blocks are good--set a timer for 7-10 minutes and get as many reps as you can. For me right now that usually works out to be ~55-60 in 7 minutes if fatigued, 65-70 if fresh, 1 set of 12-15 at first and doubles and triples afterwards. Lots of volume, not much time.

Start with a 5x5 program, even if you need to start with assistance weight. Once you can do 5x5 without assistance, then go for increasing volume like 6x6, 7x7, etc.

depends on where you're at and what your goal is. I've plateaued on programs for months before switching to another and making gains. Armstrong is great going from 1-15 or so

Texas Method for pull-ups

Those arms, man.The angle makes it look like he's a ken doll with removable arms.

>not doing sheiko for pull ups

Not meme-ing, it fucking works.
>volume day 4 sets of 80-90% of 5RM + 1 set weightless amrap @8
>intensity day test new 5RM, then back-off weightless amrap @9