/fast/#113 - Soup edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

>Tumors
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
>take around 4700 mg of potassium per day max
>2000 up to 3000 mg of sodium per day max
>MIX THIS INTO AT LEAST A LITER OF WATER, sip it through the day. This will keep you hydrated.
This is regularly referred to as snake juice.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5064803/
"Our results suggest that a fasting program in conjunction with resistance training can decrease fat mass, and maintain muscle mass in resistance-trained males."

>Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very anabolic when you fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6umfRzbVDY
youtube.com/watch?v=I6s-n6AxeJI
theguardian.com/science/the-h-word/2014/feb/06/dnp-deadly-weight-loss-drug-science-history
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First

How many days do I have to fast in order to justify a 1 hour fast food binge?

Up to you, but I find the longer I go, the less food I can shove in my stomach at a time.

Fpbp

So I should lift while intermittent fasting right? Should I increase my calorie intake for the 8 hours I eat versus a normal day of full eating?

Depends on your goals.

Do bodyweights at least. I can't believe how much I've transformed my body by mixing 2-3 day fasts with OMAD and pullups.

I'd like to hear from the longest faster here. Anyone over 50 days? In le reddit they always have some sort of asperger's towards answering questions properly.

the past 2 weeks i've been in a repetitive cycle of fasting for 2 days, and then giving in and drinking and drunkenly cooking turkey burgers and steak. i cant break out of it and i want to drink today. fug

>Anyone over 50 days?
I'm going to make an attempt to do a fast from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday. We'll see how it goes.

I'll try to make it 5 days.
The mind is willing, but the flesh is weak.

22 days here. Longer than ghandi :^)

That's quite something! When did the fast feel the worst? I've "only" gone for 10 days and I'd like to know if it starts feeling better/worse after that point.

It gets better after that point. I actually started doing some jogging every couple days after about 10 days, felt too weak to do it before that

Does fasting mean I have to stop lifting heavy?
I'm close to hitting 1/2/3/4. Do I have to choose between gains and cutting?

I'm on my 4th day and I still feel like shit. No headache, but my eyes hurt more than usual, and my movements are much slower and harder than normal. I also still feel hunger, but less than in the previous days. When am I supposed to feel energized and have mental clarity?

>When am I supposed to feel energized and have mental clarity?
when you die

That's the dream.

You'll lose strength during a fast, but supposedly it rebounds quickly when you start bulking up again.

Last day of eating tommorow and then at least 2 weeks of fast. Gonna have some honey roasted duck

20hrs into my first fast. Cravings are really hitting. :(

reminder

that

16/8

is

not

fasting

and

is

just

skipping

breakfast

What about 17/7?

reminder that OMAD is not fasting and have zero benefits. you never even get into keto if you keep eating every day

Reminder that ketosis isn't the only benefit of fasting and intermittent fasting.

>wanting more growth hormone when its directly linked to increased chance for cancer

Is snake juice all I need to avoid refeeding syndrome on a long fast? I'd like to fast for the duration of lent, but all these warnings got me thinking I should just fast during the weekdays and refeed on the weekends.

>you never even get into keto if you keep eating every day
bullshit

>you never even get into keto if you keep eating every day
Unless what you're eating is keto friendly.

You can do maintenance lifting, just don't expect to progress the weight like it was nothing

2 days of fasting is enough to wipe out even the most insane binge

youtube.com/watch?v=U6umfRzbVDY

Stop posting about yourself faggot.

/Reminder/ thread

Hey I posted about my family the other day, they're actually threatening to call an ambulance right now. Any advice?

What about kys?

Eat keto

Call their bluff.
If they call it, shit your pants in the ambulances and cum on any doctors that touch you.

So....first thing you do is come on here for advice?

>shit

shit what, I'm empty af

>cum

equally impossible

who else would I ask?

Curious to get opinions on my fasting routine. From what i've read in this thread i feel like you guys are about to wreck my shit.

I'm, 5'11 165 lbs for reference

Doing the 16/8 method everyday. Lift 3 days a week, and do interval cardio twice a week. Rest days are Sat/Sun.

Currently I eat my recommended 2300 cals on rest days, do a surplus of about 500 on lift days and a deficit of 500 on cardio days. Does this seem like a decent routine for lean body comp while very very slowly building muscle? I break my fast at 1pm and work out at 5pm. I assume this isn't ideal and i should be training while in the fasted state?

hi again bitchboi, it sounds like your best course of action is to visit your family physician and explain you want to lose weight by fasting and get him to approve of your plan of action

this both covers your ass in case you've got some sort of lurking hereditary condition that will actually kill you (somehow) if you fast, and should get your parents to back off as well

aight. I'm planning to pig out as hard as possible for 1 hour after I break this fast and before I go into the next week of nofood.

16/8 IS NOT FASTING

16/8 IS NOT FASTING

16/8 IS NOT FASTING

16/8 IS NOT FASTING

>I eat from 1pm to 9pm like every other normal person with a job that skips breakfast for coffee
>but I'm totally fasting right guys????

visit my what

the doctor you go to for your regular checkups.

What if I OMAD "if it fits my macros"?

Is sparkling water /fast/?

sounds gay

Has anyone here done dry fasting? I get shit nasty head aches if I go twelve hours or so without fluids. Does that go away?

Would a 48 hour dry fast be a good starting point if I wanted to try it?

hope you like dying young of undiagnosed and unaddressed (though easily preventable) shit.

You really don't go to the doctor and get regular bloodwork?

who the fuck gets regular bloodwork?

>2018
>regularly going to the doctor

I did 35 hours and I started getting excruciating cramps everywhere.

Perfect, yes. This is the constructive advice and criticism I was looking for. Point is, i'm pretty used to my lifting and cardio routine. How do i transition to a OMAD or alternate day schedule while still safely sticking to a workout routine

Will knocking back sugar free mints ruin my fast?

>he doesn't get his hormone and ketone levels professionally measured at least twice a year
It's casuals like you who make this whole board seem like a bunch of fatties.

Men under 35 in the US are recommended to blood testing at least once every 12 months, dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=I6s-n6AxeJI

men under 35 in the US pose with their video games with their mouths agape

artificial sweeteners prompt an insulin response, yes

yeah, that's a good reason not to get screen for disease.

I ATE A FUCKING JOLLY RANCHER WITHOUT THINKING AFTER 30 HOURS AND NOW I WANT TO KMS WITH MCDONALDS

STOMACH STOP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

call their bluff. If the ambulance arrives, say you're 100% fine and then send your family the bill

Gonna start fasting Mon-Thur and OMAD Fri-Sun
Starting tommorow.Hope I can stick with it this time

Alright I'm starting my soyfast tomorrow.

I don't think there would be a bill but yeah as long as I'm conscious and lucid I probably have the right to refuse.

Practically all of the shit posted in these threads is based off of snekman's shit, you fasting with broth faggot.

5 day water/coffee/tea fast and 2 days of keto OMAD would give decent results to a skinny fat yes? That routine fits my work schedule perfectly. It's like the 5th step down in the "reminder" image, so I figure it's a good route

Will the 2 calories in a cup of coffee break my fast?

>When am I supposed to feel energized and have mental clarity?

You need to be fasting under a Bodhi tree.

You'd be better off doing:
Fast 4 days
OMAD 1 day
Repeat

>reminder that OMAD is not fasting and have zero benefits.
Yes and no.

OMAD has benefits in terms of preventing snacking and other causes of unnecessary calories.

It also removes food distractions and all the planning, preparation and cleanup, so it is a time saver as well (provided you make your own meals rather than just buying ready made or junk food from Maccy D's)

OMAD helped me remove a lot of the random "Want" from my food and shifted towards what I NEED. So it was a good preparation for fasting and it is my intention to go back to Keto / OMAD as my core weight maintenance regime when I have achieved my goal.

is 40 lbs possible in 20 days with a high dosage of dnp

how do i make the snake juice

day 6 of 30 here as of 3 hours from now, you guys said it would get easier after the first two days...
I cant stop dreaming of food and waking up scared i actually ate something and broke my fast.

>40 lbs possible in 20 days with a high dosage of dnp

Sure, 40lbs is possible, but it would require a rather grueling 20-day water fast, which might be difficult to do while performing a job or studying.

But do you actually feel hungry?

potassium, sodium, magnesium, lemon juice/vinegar, water.

Why exactly? Best to only eat one day at a time?

> I cant stop dreaming of food and waking up scared i actually ate something and broke my fast.

lol wtf i am day 2 into my fast, and i had this exact thing happen to me last night

DNP will probably kill you. you'd be better off doing low intensity cardio and not eating instead of doing DNP and sitting on the couch fighting for your life

why do you need to lose it so quickly?

Im just exaggerating honestly lol, it comes and goes. Drinking water when you feel hungry really helps

I've done DNP several years ago, with great success. I wouldn't recommend doing it, however. You get the same results from fasting, and fasting is much less miserable.

FFS! Go through the links in the OP.

>DNP will probably kill you

theguardian.com/science/the-h-word/2014/feb/06/dnp-deadly-weight-loss-drug-science-history

I've used it before without fasting and it doesn't phase me anymore. I just wanted to get an idea of the expected weight loss with fasting. 1g/day is nothing.

are you fucking stupid? the whole diet is predicated on the idea of going as long as possible between meals. read the fucking OP links

that's normal. it's withdrawal from carbohydrate addiction.

Planning on breaking my fast with a cup of Icelandic yogurt. My last meal was Thursday night. Should I break my fast on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning?

How long have you been fasting?

You'll probably be sick

What foods should I be refeeding with after a (hopefully) long fast?

Should I wait until winter to try my first dry fast? I don't want to suicide myself.

HGH and IGF1 arent the same brainlet.