Lifting doesn't grow muscles

Chimps grow muscles when locked in a cage. Same is true about other animals.
Gains must be directly connected to hormones.
My theory is that lifting forces brain to release those hormones, not only testosterone but other we might not take into consideration.
In theory right mindset or injection could make lifting pointless.
Last rep is the key to all of it, 99% of lifting is just a preparation to the last push that releases hormones cocktail.
Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/science/mutant-extra-muscular-dogs-created-by-chinese-scientists-a6701156.html
roguehealthandfitness.com/inhibit-myostatin-muscle-growth-longer-life/
youtube.com/watch?v=rAjeHJ3rpRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

interesting actually

there's clear evidence that you are correct. look up jeff nippard's video on testosterone on YT. he shows scientific data of after 10 weeks people who didnt lift but used steroids still gained more lean muscle mass than those who who lifted without steroids.

retard chimps climb shit all over the place 24/7

>what are genetics

Wicked goiter on that guy

this lmao

True. That's why I always lift to failure 3 sets of heavy weights 3-6 reps. I'm very built and strong naturally.

False. It is all genetics. There were genetic modifications on dogs, the one who were modified to have the muscle gene was muscular without any training, while the one without the gene expression was normal. Weightlifting just activates the gene that we have to get muscle, everybodys genetic is different so the amount of muscle you can build is limited and how fast you can build it is also depends on individuals.

sorry, forgot source but here it is:
independent.co.uk/news/science/mutant-extra-muscular-dogs-created-by-chinese-scientists-a6701156.html

Hormones don't train your CNS though.
Consider that you and another guy are both on the same amount of gear, you're the exact same height and weight, but he's a competitive powerlifter whereas you just blast and cruise on gear with minimal lifting.
I guarantee the other guy will lift heavier.

But would he look more muscular than you? For some people that is all that they are looking for.

Genes regulate how many hormones individual will receive. Animals are flooded with muscle growth hormones and case you showed are even more extreme, proving my point.
People traded muscle growing hormones for better manipulation skills and cool mind. When you are woodworking you don't want 500% norm testosterone, you would break everything in rage.

>tfw got more muscular from doing pullups and dips for 8 months than my friend who lifted for 3 years

it really is genetics and some people are better off long distance running or some shit

Someone post jacked cow

This

I don't even care about strength, I bench 150 for reps and look bigger than guys benching 100lbs as much as me, I just do slow and controlled reps and don't care about strength

LOL you won't get muscular from just having high testosterone.

your muscles won't grow unless the satellite cells surrounding your muscle fibers donate their nuclei to your muscles so they can produce more genetic material to signal the cells to grow

Adding to this, try injecting high test into your body without working out and see how big you can get, meanwhile genetic expression builds basic muscle.

How are you built? I mean bodytype, height.

Maybe your friends are lazy and don't do the last rep. What you do does not matter since it is hormones that grow muscles not a exercise.
Any exercise should work as long as you force your brain to release hormones.

Lmao fuck off this is what dyels actually believe

>tfw people think I'm way stronger than I really am
>tfw a guy half my size at the gym can lift more than me but id never admit it

> What you do does not matter since it is hormones that grow muscles not a exercise

ugh high school biology was when?

As I said, testosterone alone is not a case, but other hormones we don't take into consideration. It must be a right cocktail not just one hormone.

5'10" stocky build and friends about the same height but has narrow shoulders and small forearms, my forearms were twice the size of his without lifting

That's literally how it works. A fucking DYEL posted yesterday matching Jujimofos max deadlift.

Guess I'm fucked then

>muscular from doing pullups and dips for 8 months
Nobody is going to listen to the arguments of someone stupid enough to have a routine thats just pullups and dips, especially if they stick to it for 8 months.

Why do you say that?

>Last rep is the key to all of it, 99% of lifting is just a preparation to the last push that releases hormones cocktail. Prove me wrong.

I do, it isn't jus tthe last rap that matters, as soon as you start to workout your brain starts to signal.

>Am 5'10'' lanklet with narrow shoulders and small forearms
DELET

Chimps and Gorillas are swole because of genetics. Similar to how humans stand up straight all the time and can run long distances. It's evolutionary lineage tied in to how we survived for so long. Most humans have a swole as fuck brain that can perform complicated tasks that made us the alpha primate.

Low test dyel detected

Because I'm 6'1 shoulderlet

OP literally thinks it's all hormone cocktail and not genetics. NO you can have low T and shit hormones even if your gene expressions are good.

I have a build like Matt Hughes UFC fighter and my friend is like ottermode swimmer body, he has no chest hair or anything either

Sure but second biggest hormones boost is from last rep. Scientists should focus on finding those other hormones that flood body during workout and we can close all the gyms.

>Sure but second biggest hormones boost is from last rep
>{{Citation needed}}

Two reasons why you're retarded.
That's not a theory, that's a hypothesis.
Evolution, or to be more precise, evolution by natural selection is a theory.
A hypothesis is either a suggested explanation for an observable phenomenon, or a reasoned prediction of a possible causal correlation among multiple phenomena. In science, a theory is a tested, well-substantiated, unifying explanation for a set of verified, proven factors.
Second, the burden of proof is on you.
>Say some stupid shit
>prove me wrong lmao

I am not arguing against genetics, I only say that workouts only role is to force brain into releasing of hormones. If we know them all, we can just get swole off injection. Testosterone alone is not enough for that.

Compare people who do and don't do last rep.

Of course the act of moving heavy weights isn't what grows muscles. It's your body's response to the stress you're putting on your body that actually grows the muscle.

In that regard you are correct, but it's a rather pointless statment. You are not saying anything that anyone who is even remotely knowledgeable about the subject doesn't already know, insofar as that is concerned.

As for the whole mind over matter thing, you're taking it too far. Yes it is mostly due to your brain that your body is able to recognize increased stress on your body and react by locally strengthening those portions of your body, however it isn't something conscious as much as your heart beat isn't something conscious.

Can someone control their heart beat? Yea, there are even instances where people have been able to intentionally stop their own hearts with nothing more than focus and concentration. However these are not things that you can really consciously control, for the most part they are completley unconscious processes and even if you were able to control them then it would be to a very limited degree and for a very limited amount of time to a very limited effect and when it comes to hormones it could even have some very strong negative repercussions.

Not that stopping your own heart is particularly safe either, hence the example.

So, yea, your mindset could help with gaining muscle, especially within the moment, however no human is going to be able to grow just by sitting still closing their eyes really tight and whispering "grow grow grow"

Not even going to get into injections and such. They would be far more effective but if you're not studied on them it's not something you should consider.

If you want to make gains just push yourself to your limit when you can and only exceed that limit for a moment when you can be assured that it is safe to do so. Really common sense stuff in that regard.

>don't do last rep.

No shit Sherlock

Truth is, our bodies DO NOT WANT to have a lot of muscle mass. That's why it's so fucking hard to build it.

As you already said. All one has to do is go to the zoo and look and some fucking animals. Mountains of muscle and what do they do for it? Chill in the sun. lol

Because there was no reason for humans to have a lot of muscle in the last ~10000 years, our genetics changed. Having low amounts of muscle and thus requiring a lower amount of food was much more advantageous.

I’m not that guy, I even agree with your point, but you’re fucking retarded.
>google people who don’t do last rep
The fuck does this even mean

OP is a 14 year old having deep thoughts about fitness

Being naturally muscular and having to eat 5000 kcals in ancient times was a death sentence

That study is parroted by everyone who dont know much about steroids. There's a 99% chance what they gained was mostly water weight. It wasn't "lean muscle mass" it was just non-fat mass.

Explains why inmates are so jacked

Roids

>that study done by doctors is wrong
>the weight lifting test at the beginning and end of the test where the roiders improve more than the non roiders was just water weight.

the genetic difference in muscle mass between species goes beyond hormones. try continually injecting enough hormones to maintain the strength and size of an ape and you will fuck your body up beyond repair

This guy is correct. It's myostatin.

Humans could be crazy muscled with much less effort but evolution decided that it was risky to allocate too much resources in muscles.

you'll hold more of a pump from glycogen and water retention in the muscles but the extra test won't actually build much muscle tissue; you can see the difference between when I'm on a blast and a cruise because I 'pop' on a blast

growing actual muscle is a complex series of hormonal interactions which test only has a tangential relationship with

insulin and GH are the real mass builders desu; you won't get anywhere near bodybuilder size without at least one of them

i always forget about myostatin, but i think suppressing it really might be the holy grail. i hope some of this stuff works
roguehealthandfitness.com/inhibit-myostatin-muscle-growth-longer-life/

>holding additional mass and glycogen will not impact on ORM numbers
>roids don't increase activation of muscle tissue

you're making the assumption that they lifted more because they had more muscle tissue which isn't supported by the data
they were heavier and lifted heavier but extra muscle tissue is one of a number of reasons they might have lifted heavier

if roids were as magic as you all like to claim then 99% of frauds wouldnt look bang average

its not like the hormones are released then and there. test actually decreases toward the end of a workout. the workout overall stimulates the increased secretion of test, mostly at night during REM sleep.

and even though you sound like a retard, you might be right about the hormonal thing, speaking specifically about myostatin, but for some reason you passed over the guys post with the myostatin gene study

humen in captivity grow muscle too....

The cow is called Belgian blue

not entirely wrong, studies have shown that taking test while lifting for 3 months averaged 15lbs of lean muscle mass, while not taking test while not lifting produced 7lbs of lean muscle mass.

but also your theory is a little off, chimps in the wild would be stronger than those caged..

el ogrilo americano...

Humans have the highest testosterone by a significant amount of all the apes. Granted there are other hormones and shit involved, but regarding testosterone alone.

ITT: Veeky Forums is the dumbest board on Veeky Forums by far, /b/ and Veeky Forums could never compare to the arrogant unself aware stupidity exhibited here

>99% of frauds wouldn't look bang average
What?

Also their is this youtube guy who is on TRT and said it got him a bit of noticeable gains without even going to the gym.

youtube.com/watch?v=rAjeHJ3rpRY

by noticeable gains he probably means his muscles pop more from the glycogen, also if he's on trt it'll be the effect of not having abnormally low testosterone

test has a pretty steep dose-response curve which is why anyone who's done more than a few cycles tends to run it at high doses (1g+) or stack it with a ton of other shit

it's not the magic sex-aggression-gains potion natties on Veeky Forums assume it to be; maybe tren is but I've never taken it

test improves recovery and appetite mostly, it dosent particularly increase my aggression or sex drive until I get into the 800mg-1g a week levels, which is a lot of gear

chimps have different musclss than us. they cant type on a keyboard