Forearms and Calves

I've never gotten my forearms or calves to grow much. Is this just purely genetic? I'm 6', and chunky 230lb so it's not just a matter of gaining weight for me. What do you guys do for forearms and calves to make them grow?

Other urls found in this thread:

simplyshredded.com/oak-roots-how-arnold-turned-his-biggest-weakness—-his-calves-into-a-showcase-muscle.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A lot of time under tension

Reverse barbell curls for forearms

Farmer walks are supposed to train both. Both are difficult to train though and require a ton of volume.

Play soccer, faggot

>i never trained hard. is this genetic?

People always talk shit about calves being purely genetic, but I can assure you, they're not.
No one in my family has big calves, and I didn't either when I started lifting. But I've done weighted calf raises, 5x20, twice a week since I've been lifting, and they've grown quite a bit. Bigger than my arms at the moment.

I make insane forearm and calf gains, to the point where random people comment on the size of them.

Thing is though, they've been abnormally thicc ever since I was 12 or so. I always did sports since the age of 4 or something but my teammates used to mire the shit out of my calves, for them it signified I was a tough defenseman.

Well I'm already fat and walk a lot, I thought that would help but it hasn't.

I train hard relative to my ability, I can pull ~500lb, bench ~300lb, squat I don't know because my technique really sucks, but let's say 350lb.

>People always talk shit about calves being purely genetic, but I can assure you, they're not.
>No one in my family has big calves

That proves literally nothing because I doubt 99.9999% of your family lifts at all.

>I didn't either when I started lifting

That still doesn't mean it isn't genetic.

Jason Genova has insane calves and he's easily the laziest lifter in the world and doesn't even train them.

No, people with good calf genetics have huge calves even without training them. I've seen tons of people like that.

Umm does nobody else train their forearms? Cause I train mine on sundays.

I do wrist curls with the barbell and other exercises like that that activate the forearms

If you can’t put your hands together when you do a praying sign you’re doing it right

this is like saying Eric Lilliebridge doesn't have good genetics, because he was skinny before he started lifting

I train forearms and calves, they just don't grow even when I gained weight and everything else did

They're very genetic but you can still train them with persistence.

I already do train them, the thread is about getting results

Janoy is literally the poster boy for the idea that no matter how shit your workouts are, if you have good genetics for a certain area they will look great

Nah, my dad was a playboy in the 80s, lifted tons of weights, never trained calves, never had calves.
Both of my brothers lift, neither train calves, my calves dwarf both of theirs.
No doubt some folks naturally have massive calves, but for those of us who don't, training them works.

>playboy in the 80s, lifted tons of weights

And what does this prove? Are you actually retarded? Oh look, Arnold was skinny before he started lifting weight, it couldn't have been genetics that made him a successful bodybuilder while tens of thousands of others failed.

Considering millions of people for generations have been trying and failing to get big calves, it's pretty widely accepted to be genetic. Just because you trained them and they got it, it doesn't mean they aren't genetic.

Me: I have larger calves than my family members.
You: Having bigger calves than your family is irrelevant, they don't lift weights.
Me: Actually, they do lift weights, and I still have bigger calves.
You: ***autism overload***

Millions of people are trying and failing to lose weight - must be genetic.
It is not "widely accepted" that calves can not be trained. A quick rundown of negative vs positive Google results shows a lot of people saying, "Yeah, natural size seems to be genetic, but that just means training calves requires different techniques than training other parts of the body."

Christ, if you guys want to blame your poor calves on genetics, go for it - but don't discourage others with your shitposting.

>Soccer
>Not a faggot
Pick one

You do realize you can isolate your forearms right? Calves have a decent amount of genetic pull on insertions doesn't mean you can't get them to grow though

Wowee maybe that’s cause they are minor muscles and the hardest place to add mass

In what way are calves minor muscles? They're fucking huge.

>Actually, they do lift weights

They probably don't actually LIFT at all. Going to the YMCA to do 20lb curls and jog isn't lifting.

>Millions of people are trying and failing to lose weight - must be genetic.

Yea except these are bodybuilders we're talking about. People who literally get paid to get muscular

You are aware that tons of bodybuilders have had the same sized calves as the rest of their body gets huge right? You're aware that tons of bodybuilders use synthol just for their calves right?

How do you make your forearms and calves grow?

Calves aren't that small, I can make my front delts grow and they're much smaller than my calves

Found the DYEL fairy.

All three of us were all state athletes in high school. I guarantee they lift more than you.
They just happen to not focus on calves for hypertrophy, whereas I do.

I'm aware that most bodybuilders train in ways that are rightly mocked, and are made more of synthetic hormone than sweat in the gym.

simplyshredded.com/oak-roots-how-arnold-turned-his-biggest-weakness—-his-calves-into-a-showcase-muscle.html

>all state athletes in high school

omg, you really impressed me

>simplyshredded.com

You're really reaching here.

The story of Arnold having shitty calves before realizing he was training them wrong is published all over - you can find another source if you'd like.

Or you can keep crying that the world is out to get you and your shitty calves aren't your fault!

Are these good for training forearm?