Pilonidal cyst

Any of you have a pilonidal cyst? How did you treat it?
I have had one for a few months now and i think it's getting worse. I can't do DB chest press, situps, and a few other exercises because of it.

Lol

Operation son, don't let it sit cause it can potentially complicate itself horribly. Probably won't, but better safe than sorry.

Had to go through a operation. Went too late, should have went ehen I first discovered it.

Mine popped after swelling up bigger than a golf ball. Very painful, i know the feel. Doesn't swell up anymore but the "nest of hair" is still in there. Take baths once a week and keep good hygiene. You kinda have to deal with it, and if it "leaks" out of any of the small holes down there you gotta get all the juice out and ice/hot towel combo. Good luck, I know it sucks.

What happened user? I waited a few months since it stopped hurting after a week and it all passed marvelously.

>How did you treat it?
google it you fool.

are you growing a tail?

I had one for over a year before I knew what it was. I got it checked out and they said it wasn't bad enough to operate anymore. I put some ointment on it for a while and it seemed to have gone away.

God, I pray this never happens to me. I always rinse warm water down my ass in the shower for this reason. God speed, user.

Swelled to an enourmous size and started to hurt so much I had to go to the hospital directly. They cut it open to remove the pressure snd then had an operation to remove rest of that shit in there. It eventually grew further inside. Worst shit I have ever caught. Unluckily it came back again, but I went directly to my doc and got rid of it with ease and just a little bit of pain after.

Worst pain i've ever been through.. I had one..only it was a tad bit closer to my asshole..so maybe just regular cycst..dunno...no insurance..no pain meds to cope...not even a drop of alcohol to ease it...super poor fags at the time....at one point I was in so much pain I was laying on the floor shivering from the pain. When the fucking thing finally popped it smelled like death and it was full of black blood and had a gross core of hair and chunks of thick puss. Had to put toilet paper in my underwear for the blood ..it eventually healed on it's own..just had to keep it clean.

go see a doctor dumbass

the longer you have this the longer will be the recovery time.

there was this guy at work that to avoid missing days used those menstrual pads to ease the pain and to suck the blood.

If yours is earlier, in the same day after surgery you will be fine, just need to wait it to close. If will wait longer you might have a really bad time with infection and other shitty things.

Had to operate, go for It its not worth the pain

I had mine surgically removed. It also seems to coincide with people who may have certain autoimmune disorders.

My surgeon told me that even if he removes it, there is a good chance that it would happen again. Have you had any problems like that?

Thanks for your insight

I pray it never happens to you also, senpai

Your bf give that to you, faggot?

cut it out with a knife
dont be a pussy and go to the doctor

Not yet, but it's only been a year, the worst thing is that you can't lift for a month or so. Supposedly you can get laser hair removal for that area that should prevent the recurrence but I couldn't have been bothered.

just grab a needle and pop it bro

yeah, i'm a pretty harry dude. I think that's probably what caused it in the first place.
A whole month of not lifting would suckk

I’m getting surgery for it later this month. Tbh just get it removed because that shit grows in your body. It’ll keep getting worse and worse under you skin and flesh until it’s removed.

it's just an ingrown hair dude it just needs to be busted and disinfected. if you dont got a friend or family willing to do it you can do it yourself stop being a fag

That's not how it works

I think i'm going to have to. It's becoming a real problem. I was on two 11 hour flights last week.. it was extremely uncomfortable.
Good luck with your procedure, user

absolutely disgusting.

Go see a fucking doctor holy shit

I had it just a month ago. Went to the doc four times, everytime he just squeezed it until all the pus came out. Gave me some cream, I took antibiotics for two weeks and now it's not there anymore.

im guessing you don't wash your ass after you shower, try to time your shits before you shower.

Got infected when i was a fat slob that sat on my ass all day. Hasn't given me a problem since i stopped sitting for such long periods.

I do. I'm a pretty clean guy, but yeah i've read that it can be caused by lack of hygiene, so maybe i'm not as clean as i think kek

when you shit, you spray a fine mist of bacteria everywhere. mythbusters did an experiment about whether closing the toilet lid while flushing would prevent poo particles from going everywhere, and the experiment got extended to them trying to identify where the poo particles travel to. they found shit particles really far away and everywhere. you very much need warm running water and soap after a shit. wiping even with damp paper just spreads everything around.

YES YES I HAVE ONE YES I KNOW I WAS IN PAIN ALL DAY WITH IT!

You can get it drained but it will come back. The truth is it hurts bad but you live with it man. Eventually you ignore it until some days it hurts so bad you are nauseus. Id advise taking epsom salt baths a lot.

Interesting, thanks

Sorry user :(

I’ve got one, had it flare up in high school and then again in college. Truly debilitating pain, I could hardly walk after a few days. I ended up lancing it with a hot needle, then going into the shower with as hot of water as I could get and squeezed stuff out. Now i just try to keep an eye on it, keep it clean, and I wipe back to front now

i have rectal cancer from not getting it taken care of early

Cyst on tailbone. Becoming cancer. Lol no

my younger brother had this
had to have surgery to fix

I've had mine since teens, never bothered me, it just "was there". So a couple years ago we go on a vacation ride upstate, boom, something starts to hurt - Ok, whatever.. Week passes, another 8h ride - and yeah, after that it really got infected. So it swell up real bad, i kinda fucked up it at first, because i put iodine and a bandage over it, so the area got chemically burnt a bit, no biggie, some skin peeling, went away quickly. And then later on i managed to pop it, as one of the previous Anons said, lots of shit kept coming out, puss, some hair here and there. After weeks/months of draining it, always applying some anti-bacterial ointment, such as Neosporin, it kinda backed off. Nowadays it's all about management - The cyst itself has gotten super small, but sometimes it does get inflamed, and when it does, i make sure to drain it and keep a bandage with CASTOR OIL on it, it really helps! But you need to do it on a daily basis, put some of the oil on the bandage, apply on the cyst, go on with your life, then change it once during the day. Usually after a couple of days the cyst just shrinks and you can go on with your life.

Yes. Got it removed via surgery. It's an outpatient surgery with just local numbing agents used, then they send you home with a hydrocodone prescription. You will have to lay down and (re)dress your own wound for like a week but I got back to lifting pretty soon after that.

Just go and get it done.

See a doctor. Now.

You can ignore it for a long time, learn to lean a little to one side while you do situps, but it only gets worse. The cyst usually begins at the end of the tailbone, grows upward and emerges at the top of the asscrack; by that point it's a few inches long under your skin and gets easily infected. You cannot self-drain it. Get a doctor.

If you really let it go a long time, they will have to do surgery to remove the cyst. The surgery includes an incision deep into your ass crack, slightly to one side, which cannot be stitched shut. You have to stuff it with gauze that must be changed twice a day. The wound will be large enough to stick your fingertips in. It will hurt, it will be humiliating, and you either need to do it yourself, go to the doctor twice a day to get it done, or have someone else do it. You may nick a blood vessel and bleed slightly from your wound for hours.

If you really, really fuck up, it will impinge on your colon. While it can still be treated to full recovery, there's a good chance at this point that surgery will require a colostomy bag for several weeks.

Don't ignore it, go to a doctor right fucking now.

Mine isnt a lump thats outside the skin. Its like the size of a dime underneath the skin.

Pilonidal cysts are not dangerous and do not pose any serious threats on a patient’s life. However, if they become infected, they can cause debilitating pain. If the abscess is not properly taken care of, there is also the risk of developing a systemic infection, where the infection spreads throughout the patient’s body.5 Recurrent pilonidal cysts are a problem as well, with about 10 percent of patients suffering from this condition again at some point in their lives.6

If it gets really infected you will be in agonizing pain with a fever through the roof.

What I suggest is going to the doctor and getting 2 antibiotics. One to treat the infection in the cyst and one to kill any fungus on the skin. After taking these medications for about a week schedule a hospital visit to have them lance and drain it.

This could be just a regular cyst with no growth in it. This can happen if this area is injured or to much pressure is on the tail bone area. This doesn't have to be a pilonidal cyst.

They are horrible but treatable and it has nothing really to do with hygiene. It is typically the result of an injury. You can get septic if the infection grows and it can cause fevers and severe illness or death.

This is very common and a very familiar procedure with health care professionals. They deal with this everyday. Some doctors will attempt to do this in their office but most will encourage a hospital visit since it can be painful and you will need to be sedated.

Take care of it. Don't ignore it.

Op I had the same thing and I had this shit for 2 years not knowing what it was, shit was agony. Anyways you all who have this shit need to go to McKay-Dee hospital in Salt Late City. It has one of like a handful of doctors that can perform a surgery that has a 95 percent success rate vs the one most people get that is around 60 percent. Its also way less horrible to get done/heal from. Trust me and look up this hospital and find the doc who does it. It will save you lots of money/pain and suffering. Gl everyone who has this shit.

Getting the cleft lift surgery from Dr. Sternberg for my pilonidal disease in 2 months. Mine only ever got infected twice but there are little 'holes' there now that can get painful after sitting for a few hours. Excited to get this dealt with and move on with my life, it really is a fucking debilitating condition.

>Veeky Forums
>medical advice

GO TO A FUCKING DOCTOR

HEY OP

STOP SCROLLING

GO TO A FUCKING DOCTOR YOU FUCK

I'm gonna save up and get the cleft lift from bascom in oregon

I've had it for 4+ years it sucks. It's really not bad 99% of the time but when it gets infected and swells it's so painful.

The excision surgery looks horrible and apparently the recurrence rate is really high.

Bascoms Cleft Lift is the patricians choice

Its just an ingrown hair that weak immune system fags cant deal with. pop that shit nga

I've done a shitload of research and agree with you complete about the cleft lift. I'm , Dr. Sternberg trained under Bascom so I'm hoping it all goes well but maybe I'll post on Veeky Forums after I get it to give a status update since it seems like it actually affects a lot of people on here.

Not true at all, they are permanent tracts that form due to other hairs/debris falling into your cleft (asscrack) and puncturing the skin making a small wound. When you stand and sit, it forms a vacuum which further sucks more debris into that wound which eventually leads to infection. This infection causes tracts/cysts to form under the skin that never heal on their own and can constantly get infected due to their location.

Used to have this really bad when I would sit on my ass playing WoW for hours at a time. I think the sweat and heat would cause it to flare up. Haven't had it come back in years (fingers crossed). That shit fucking sucks.

i have some dry skin on my right buttock, is this what i have

Didn't know I had it until the meps doc DQ'd me on it. Getting the surgery sometime soon, appt tomorrow.

Get to the doctor as soon as you notice it
There’s a good chance you can just take some clindamycin and avoid the surgery route

Fucking had one of these bastards. Had it lanced 4 times before getting a surgery referral. Doc cut it out, put a tube through a few inches above it down into it, attached to a bulb that you squeeze air out of, cap off, and let suction draw the discharge out.

Had it done right before Christmas. Fucking sucked.

This must be What happened. I've injured the area several times skateboarding.

To those telling me to see a doc, I have seen two and intend to go again this week. I am wanting to hear other experiences with the condition.

pls respond

Had them for a couple of years before it swelled up to the size of a golf ball and had to get surgery from the infection. Surgeon did some good work and it went away for a while, but slowly starting to come back now. Was definitely worth surgery the first time, can tell it’s much less worse this time around and doesn’t hurt at all to sit.

No, that does not sound like a cyst

help me im a dumdum
a cyst is a little ball right

Yeah it's kind of like a pimple.. puss filled pore basically.
Would not advise looking up photos. It's pretty nasty desu. I'm actually pretty embarrassed about it

oh no No NO NO NO NONONONONOOOOOOOO

Give it to me straight lads.....

Do I have one?

Yes 100%, mine looks similar to that (but yours is still early and not too bad, if I were you, I would start looking into surgery asap)

Probably
>t. diagnosed and has 4 of these holes along the crack

That is a very tiny asshole, man

>shaving your ass

fucking gay

Holy shit I had one of these for about 2 months and it hurt just to even fucking sit down. Literally every movement hurt. It eventually just went away but if it reappears I'd probably immediately go get it removed

>wanting a hairy jungle in your ass

Are you gay?

Fug I always dreaded the thought that I might have one of these, but I never checked cause I didn’t want to know for sure

I guess I’ll fuckin book an appointment after midterms are over :(

>4u

I had one when I was like 19. I managed to pop it. So fucking satisfying. Huge mess. Its something I think about at night when I'm trying to calm my mind and go to sleep. Would recommend.

OP I had one of these 5 years ago, noticed it while benching and feeling what felt like a giant zit where my tailbone was.

Went to the doctor to take a look, they said it might've been fine but to let them know if it became painful. As luck would have it it got painful 2 weeks later and turned red, went into surgery. They removed it and tried to stitch up the wound, however the first doctor was a fucking retard and said I'd be able to sit after 2 weeks. 3 weeks later I tired sitting, and the stitched up would split and burst open.

We saw another doctor who verbally blessed out the first one, another surgery - sounds like whne they get to a certain size, you cannot simply stitch up the would as it creates a large cavity that fills with blood/pus. So it must be left open entirely, and you need to spray a cleaner on it and replace gauze 2-3 times a day. My sister helped my mom do it once and said it looked like a meat factory exploded. 2 months later I'm fine but have a really tall buttcrack now.

Hey here,

How bad does mine look compared to yours?

It’s been painful before, but it doesn’t feel too bad rn. Sometimes it hurts if I sit on it the wrong way

Also sit-ups on hard ground are FUCKING awful. In the army so we have to do those a lot. Never understood why people weren’t in pain by doing them like I was

God you sound just like me, I had always hated doing situps because of how much it hurt my tailbone, but since getting it removed I do situps fine now.

Mine was larger than yours, and when it began to hurt it had turned red as well. Mine was also a case where the cyst was upside down, almost like it was an ingrown hair on top of being a cyst.

why is this so common on here? i'd never heard of it until browsing this board and now it seems every month or so this thread pops up

here - from what my doctor told me when I got mine checked into, he said guys typically notice or find a cyst when trying to lose weight or start going to the gym. I bet historically these threads pop up around February-March from new years resolutions.

Awhile ago when I was doing sit-ups, my tailbone (or I guess the fucking cyst) was hurting really bad and then I heard/felt a crunch and it had flattened or moved a little bit. It felt like I broke my ass for a few days, but then sit-ups became a bit easier after it “healed”

Fuck I really need to get this thing removed ASAP... why’d I have to figure this out during midterms?

Pop it like a zit bro

i love how the image is an xray of some guy wearing mom jeans

As long as it's not hurting you may be able to wait til semester's over. If it gets noticeably more painful or turns red, see a doc ASAP.

Has anyone ITT dealt with a ganglion cyst? I had a small one on my left wrist that visibly went away, but it's still IN my wrist and still causes soreness. It is near impossible for me to do OHP or benchpress due to the pain of putting pressure on my wrist. Do you think it will pass or should I consider surgery or other remedies?

How will this affect my gains bros?

?
you don't get surgery, they just jab it with a needle and drain it
You could do it yourself if you had the needle

>teenager
>go to doctor
>4 fucking cysts
>surgery
>remove a huge portion of my ass
>they decide to leave it open and let it close on its own
>have to change the dressing daily with an entire roll of gauze
>can't sit down on the floor anymore

Well that's the thing. It's basically gone. There's no lump, but the soreness is still there. And that leads me to believe the cyst is much smaller and/or deeper into my wrist. No idea how I can remove it without a doctor.

Well beats me, I just ignore the cysts and abandon all hope of wrist flexibility
maybe try going to a doctor so they can do ultra sounds

wtf im never shitting again

Pilonidal Cysts are more complicated than that, everyone has countless little sinus ducts that are located in the rear near the spine that channel down and out.
For most people, they don't have issues with infection, but a rare few can develop them which infects the sinus ducts, inflaming them.
What seems like a small pimple really is a massive network of ducts being infected, and you are just seeing the tip of the iceburg.
I had the surgery, the "pimple" was just where the infected fluid is draining out, but they pulled out something the size of a baseball from there.
Unfortunately, they need to get ALL of the infected tissue, because even a little bit will regenerate and reinfect all over again.
That is why they say it is easy to get it over and over again, because the sinus tissue just regenerates on its own.
Men are more likely to get it over women, the actual surgery requires you to have a gaping hole in your rear as they have to make it heal from the inside out, stuffing the wound with gauze to keep it from healing improperly.
I'd recommend you get the surgery, but be on it... the moment you see it start to go back to the way it was, you go back immediately to remove as much as you can.
It is hell, I wish you luck in nipping that shit in the bud.

Dear god

You had staph/mrsa lad

Yeah, I had three to four surgeries to take care of it, but it never really went away despite all of their efforts.
That is just how difficult it can be to get rid of it.
They did different methods to take out the infected tissue, but it returned over and over again.
I've just given up on removing it, they say that it is probably going to come back and I just can't afford to keep going through the same charade.
Reading up on it, it just feels like a shit-luck sort of deal you get depending on what your body is like.
It is extremely common back for people who were in the military, especially those that have to ride in jeeps, because of the intense bumpy roads and long time sitting.
They call it "Jeep Disease" or something.
So... it isn't always about hygiene, a lot of times it is just injury of the sinus ducts or just how your body reacts to infection.
I just remember the surgeries being the worst thing to deal with, I can cope with it now, it doesn't drain anymore, hurt, or bleed much.
Mind you, I dealt with this since I was 18, I am turning 30 this year so... yeah.
I regret the surgeries, my ass isn't the same anymore, but it doesn't hurt or bother me like it used to.
If you need to deal with drainage, it may seem girly and awkward, but feminine pads always work.
I use reusable ones for convenience, just in case, they just need to be washed in the laundry and reused, but they work for my problem.

Well how big was your eldritch nightmare of a cyst compared to ?

What about chest cysts? I've been on doxycycline monohydrate for two months and it's mostly cleared up, but it still seems to be there under the surface. The follicles just get clogged up and I have no idea why.

Cut em out

They said that they removed about the size of an orange from my ass.
I dunno how much they removed from the other surgeries, but it was not much better.
If you really want to see the damage, I can show you guys.

Can you post a pic?
I've never seen one IRL and i'm a physician

I got one of these last year from sitting on my friend's cheap ass metal frame couch. At first I thought it was just some sort of bruise, but then it got to the point where touching it, sitting down certain ways, and lying on my back hurt like a motherfucker. Ended up getting it lanced, wasn't too bad, but it was annoying having to change the gauze and shit every day for a week or so.

Messing with them has only ever made it worse. I'll have a little bump, accidentally pop it, and the next day it'll be a big red cyst. It's impossible to completely drain them since at some point blood just starts coming out instead of pus. Might just have the derm remove them, but it's over a decently sized area so I don't know what he'll do.

Adding to this, what is up with all the people needing surgery? When I say that I got it lanced, it was literally just a nurse pricking my ass with a needle and then flushing it with some cleaning shit. It proceeded to drain on its own.

Right there with you user, should I get mine checked out?

Yes I want to see what my ass is gonna go through.

It may help me decide if I actually want to get surgery or not...

I got them checked out because I was afraid it could be tied to some other condition, but it turns out I'm just predisposed to cysts in general. You should probably get them checked out just in case, I was tired of having this red fucking blotch right in the middle of my chest.

The doxycycline has worked wonders, but taking it on an empty stomach (which is recommended for some reason) will ruin your day.

I hope it helps, this is from three or four surgery attempts. Scarring around the area (white dots) are from the stitches, the blackish areas are where the wound tries to drain out of (they were once stitch areas as well that just turned into new ports for the wound to drain out of).
The original cyst was near where my tailbone was, I actually had my tailbone removed from that surgery for some reason.
So... yeah, I am not fond of showing it, but if it helps you... I am hoping it might provide you with some idea of the surgery.
I had to pay around $1500 or so out of pocket due to my insurance, otherwise it would have reached up to $6 to 8 thousand for it.
The surgery did help with draining, and it did get better, I can't say it was a complete waste, but you've gotta consider how far you wanna go and your commitment to just purging that shit out of you.
Either try to get rid of it, or get to a state where it is manageable and you can learn to live with it without severe discomfort.