Hey fit- I posted this on /adv/ and it didn't get much action but i'm thinking it's a question that somehow fits better...

Hey fit- I posted this on /adv/ and it didn't get much action but i'm thinking it's a question that somehow fits better here- How have you dealt with friends that turn out to be snakes in the grass?

My wife was out celebrating a friend's birthday with a couple of my friends (guys) and a couple of the bday girls friends. I didn't go because I had another work event. Wife says, "we should find some men with loose morals for the birthday girl", and one of my friends says "if you want to cheat on (my name), I would totally cover for you". My wife balks and says "thats disgusting" and he doubles down and says "well i'd do the same thing for him."

Wife told me this- "hey, this could have been a joke but still this was really weird." I fucking snapped because I cannot imagine ever snaking one of my friends over like this. It disgusts me that this dude was at my wedding. I have lifelong friends that I would trust to look out for my wife and this dude just showed his true colors. My play is just cut this dude off completely. At the minimum he's lost my respect and trust. Wife thinks i'm overreacting and that he was just joking but i'd never even THINK for a second of telling my friend's girlfriends that I'd cover for them cheating. I'm not gonna blow up or be dramatic about it but this dude just went from good friend to acquaintance. So I guess my question is- am I overreacting to not want people like this in my life? The way I see it is if i continued to be friends with this dude I would have 0 self respect.

Are you sure it wasn't just a joke, user.

I think the only place you went wrong was blowing up and showing your wife it bothered you so much, id say these things usually wouldn't matter in a marriage but if this situation arose in the first place maybe it does for you

yea don't make any big scenes, but cut him out a bit

Ghost him or you're a certified cuck.

your wife is shit stirring whore

maybe not cut him out yet but don't trust him at all anymore.

All three of you sound like horrible people. The only person who seems remotely normal is your so called “friend”, who is willing to cover for a friend, no matter what.
Your wife sounds like someone who is just causing drama, then gets defensive when there’s even a hint of repercussions. You sound like an insecure cuckold. You all deserve each other.

Dont burn any bridges, user, but yeah hes definitely not a friend anymore. Its not just about him showing his true colors, or even if it was a joke - he doesnt respect you enough to even bother hiding it from you.

Unacceptable behavior. You're in the right OP.

Ghost him, no drama

I got friendless because all of my ex friends were cucked beta pricks who would envy each others the cars and stuff

They also thought i was roiding when i look dyel for fit standars

Anyways sometimes i hang out with college bros they are cool af and chill

Just dont do drama and cut that nig off

Let me add one more thing here:
Let us not forget that your wife instigated this whole thing when she brought up “loose morals for the bday girl”. By your fiends reaction and phrasing, I’m assuming the bday girl is either married or in a relationship. To me, it just sounds like your friend is making it clear that he ain’t no snitch.
Think of it like in King Of The Hill. Are Hank, Boomhauer, and Bill bad friends for not telling Dale that Nancy is a cheating whore? Or are they good friends for staying out of it?

bday girl is single early 30s. You ever seen MDE World Peace, The Wall Show? Basically that desu

This and nothing else

That shit was obvious the moment the boy came out of the womb.

They werent covering for shit, they just let a man sink into his delusions.

I’m pretty sure dale had a Jamaican grandmother or something. You never know. Shit happens

By default I dont trust people unless they prove themselves

Sounds like to me he isnt trust worthy. Dont make a deal about it though, no one likes lousy or anger. Just laugh and point out hes not a friend anymore.

It wasn't a joke and from an outside perspective it sounds like he was either testing the waters knowing that he had a safe backdrop (being able to play it off as a joke) if she wasn't receptive. A common tactic but he probably didn't count on your wife mentioning it to you.

I can't say with 100% certainty since I don't know the male and your wife personally or anything but it doesn't come across as a joke.

I would say it isn't an overreaction to cut ties with him.

The "friend" literally suggested his wife cheat on him and that the "friend" would cover for either of them. You're a cuck if you're okay with that.

every joke has a little bit of truth to it
ghost him

Yea ghost his sorry ass. Have had a couple "friends" bust this shit. Once I cut them out of my life I didn't really miss them.

I would ditch the wife desu

Honestly what is this board even about

NEVER let anyone piss on your territory.

A man should never tolerate his friend making his wife feel uncomfortable the way he did.

Even worse, he put a seed of doubt as to your fidelity in her mind.

You absolutely should cut him off. If she protests, you tell her that you need to surround yourself with people that take your relationship seriously, and that it's your final decision.

> encouraging cheating
Get the fuck out cuck

That guy is not a friend, I can't imagine any of my real friends doing this shit.
Tell em he fucked up and cut off contact.