How to get to the olympics?

If you’re an average early/mid 20s guy with a decent athletic background and wanted to make it to the 2024 olympics. What would be the easiest sport to train for and get good at in the next 6 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/26/olympic-weightlifting-class-notorious-for-positive-doping-tests-may-get-chopped/?utm_term=.b75b71530d6d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Curling, bobsledding, or some gay shit like that.
You're hopeless everywhere else.

man if you haven't been training since you were a child then there's no way you'll be in shape for the 2024 Olympics at your age

probably race walking

You can start practicing for the olympics in your late teens/early 20s. Its just very unlikely you’ll medal. Still competing and being apart of it is a huge accomplishment and really fun.

Theres 16-18 year olds competeing and winning, they surely have less training time than you accumulated.

Weightlifting.....

>20
TOO OLD

Yeah I have no intention of medaling, just want to see if I can make it. Might have to change countries for that though.
Already a pretty fit dude, just want a sport I can really just throw myself at, if you know what I mean

Do I have to get a sex change?

r u strong lifting weights? if so u can prob learn the oly lifts in about half a year and if u r strong u can get oly strong lifts in about 5 years(u will need to roid for that tho)

I was wondering the same damn thing, user.

Archery. We didn't even fill in all of our qualifying spots.

Lmao you wont get anywhere close anything competitive with that mindset

I'm training for a biathlon.
I've been doing cross country since I was 12. And since I've completed my conscription I've gotten in to shoring. Will I make it to the Olympics, probably not. But I'll have fun trying.

The easiest sport from a technical point of view are

Weightlifting and wrestling

Being wrestling the easier since you dont
Need thar insane technique/elasticy

So get as strong and as big you can, NATURAL while you practice wrestling, you have time

>Curling,

skill/strategy based sport, it's like trying to become a cs 1.6 pro

> bobsledding
that atually looks very impressive,it's like dragracing,simple in concept but so fine tuned that no one except those who are trully commited to it can make progress

Bobsleigh. Pusher not driver.

Various Olympic teams have their strength requirements for trials online.

With a dedicated year of lifting you could be there.

By there I mean you could be at the minimum strength standards.

>The easiest sport from a technical point of view
>weightlifting
If you haven’t been practicing since your early teens you have literally no hope of getting gud enough

What exactly makes you think that roiding is fucking legal at the goddamn fucking Olympics you total fucking retard?

Well, i cant tell from any sport easier from those i just named

Rowing.

>rowing
>easy
Nah bro

Literally no technique involved

most if not all olympic weightlifters are roiding, I know some personally who told me that they and every other competitor they knew was

the skill is in getting around the tests while maintaining as much strength as possible

the olympics are a joke

Behave man, it's incredibly difficult.

You just pull.

>If you’re an average early/mid 20s
Stopped reading. You're way too old.

OK mate, see you in Tokyo.

>pick a sport you want to win at
>assemble a team equal to the number of olympian participants
>Get estrogenic compounds (this is unironically the easiest part)
>Make sure that everymeal they eat is filled with that compound
>Watch as they physically and mentally detoriate

>Win

It's crazy, but it might just work.

I actually want to go for it in wrestling. I'll be 31 in 2020 and 35 in 2024...V Yordanov, Big Bruce, Chris Campbell, those dudes all medaled at 36-37...

Shooting and archery I guess

Well, I was thinking bout gitting gud enough at skateboarding to qualify given that it's a new thing at the olympics and there's little competition in my country. Not the 2020 tho. 2024 could be doable.

> Olympic weight lifters stop competing immediately after Olympics
> Appear again on the scene just in time to start qualifying and are stronger than before

> Inspectors who carried out surprise inspection of Iranian weightlifting squad describe seeing them run away upon their arrival including seeing a gold medalist dive into a moving car
> IOC gives a slap on the wrist

Also:
washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/26/olympic-weightlifting-class-notorious-for-positive-doping-tests-may-get-chopped/?utm_term=.b75b71530d6d

lol, just do the 100m sprint
>you just run

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

good one

hah

>I know some Olympic weightlifters
Yeah, calling bullshit on that one...

>wrestling
I doubt this. I personally knew a college wrestling champion (he happened to work for my garandpa in high school) and even he had a hard time qualifying for the olympic team.

It's incredibly difficult, but theres very little technique. My sister made the Cornell rowing team entirely off physical prowess with no prior experience

>tfw never will be fit enough to fuck cuties in olympian village

If you have never wrestled before, you would get DESTROYED by a high school kid who has trained 5+ years, let alone an olympian

Definitely not wrestling

>there's a team of people running together and you just have to not fall down
Rowing lmao

Nobody on Veeky Forums talks about triathlon. Why is that? It's possible to get to the Olympics and compete in triathlon well past 30, but just as any other sport it would be hard as fuck

Go back in time 20 years and try again.

Paralympic football

Cut your dick off and move to Vanuatu for a start.

Also curling, couple of Finnish guys who started playing in 2006 finished 4th in the World Cup within less than ten years.

This shit right here. With all the stress, physical tension, hordes of strong, young people and so many condoms provided by the host country which straight up implies you have to fuck, the village must be nuts upon nuts.

> The Virgin curler vs the Chad Icehockey player

>44733461

Do you have a source for the moving car account? sounds hilarious

Sorry, screwed up the post number.

t. someone who has never wrestling in their life

>Inspectors who carried out surprise inspection of Iranian weightlifting squad describe seeing them run away upon their arrival including seeing a gold medalist dive into a moving car
Kek, source.

you type like a retard, and you should kill yourself you unberageb& faggot

shooting, archery, and triathlon
you're too old for everything else

weightlifting is about the most technical performance discipline at the olympics. Only the aesthetic-based stuff (i.e. gymnastics etc.) gets more technical. Just don't post if you have no idea about sports

pretty good bait

pretty good bait

>diving into a moving car
Truly natural born athletes

>wrestling
>easy
Take it from someone whose trained since middle school, it's not easy. I'm a pretty damn good college wrestler but I've had my ass kicked by guys who would barely qualify. It's a lot of training, mindset, and genetics

>step up, Veeky Forums

Have a Gold europé mastership Buddy and trust me they train a LOT with passion and its hard

Wrestling is for sure one of the hardest sports. Any cardio based sport should be easier then contact sports

>2024
>summer olympics
>Curling, bobsledding

My guess would modern pentathlon, it has the highest barrier of entry and people compete in it to an older age than most other sports, plus it’s not well known at all.

Didn’t they remove it from olypmics? Also you got absolutely no idea the amount of skill and training that requires to become a half decent wrestler. You got no chance at 10years especially if you’re old

Nah m8, they literally pick crews from erg results

Made it into an Eight, right?

How difficult is it to get in for boxing? Like how many tournaments do you have to win?

No, it got reinstated like a week later. 2x HS state champ & wrestled D1, but yeah, long way to go

I would say javelin throw if you have good strength background.

lol you're better off trying to get into the A group of 100m sprints.

if you can change countries just buy a snowboard and migrate to the kongo or something

I started weightlifting when I was 24. Been lifting for a year and my long term goal is to make to to the European championship.

Suffice it to say I will never reach that goal. What hope do you think you have in making the Olympics where you need to place top 10 at Worlds?

you're cute, I bet you think russia is one of the only countries that has a state sponsored doping program, too.

I don't know guys I've been lifting a while, I hit 1.8/3/4/5 for 5 not long ago and I weigh 80 kg. I live in a country where our only male Olympic weightlifter is 63 kg and snatches 160 kg. Should I sign up? I'm only 21 and could start training for 2024 now

>I live in a country where our only male Olympic weightlifter is 63 kg and snatches 160 kg.

That's really fucking impressive considering the fucking world record for 62kg is 154 kilos in the snatch...

My apologies I counted the pl8s wrong, it's a 140 kg snatch

You could try horse riding or the various sailing categories.
Shooting too.

>wrestling
>easy
Have you EVER wrestled before?

>tfw you're parents never trained you to become an olympian at an early age
>tfw you will never be able to be an olympian cause you're too old
>tfw all those olympians are fucking qt's right now while you're fucking ur hand
>tfw will never become gold medalist in weightlifting
>tfw genetics suck to even be an olympian

this is truly hell im never watching the Olympics again

you can try competing in the crossfit games