Is keto really the best way to lose weight if you've struggled in the past?

is keto really the best way to lose weight if you've struggled in the past?

A balanced diet at a caloric deficit, and a consistent high intensity workout is the best way.

it doesn't make you lose weight faster or better or easier or anything like that, so the answer should be no.

but that's just the theory. in reality the best diet is the one you can stick to, and that varies a lot from person to person. it doesn't matter that much if you do keto, IF, low carb, low fat or whatever, what matters is that YOU can adhere to the diet. a lot of people have had great success with keto. I suspect it's because it's extreme enough to force you to completely change your eating habits, and the whole staying in keto thing is a challenge that keeps you focused.

my main issue with diets like keto is that they don't teach you how to eat a good, balanced diet that you can stick to for the rest of your life. it's easy to fall back to your old eating habits once you've successfully completed an extreme diet.

the only way I lose weight is to eat 200 calories a day of a bowl of broccoli and a piece of fish, plus electrolyte and calcium supplements

keep in mind I run 7+ miles a day up a mountain 4 days a week and I still gain weight easily. its all diet, metabolism is a myth

This shit takes forever and no normal human being is able to go though with it

keto is a shittier version of fasting

>metabolism is a myth
.t brainlet who doesn't understand the laws of thermodynamics

Just stop eating, fatty

I've been on keto for 6 weeks now, so im fairly sure i have better info than the rest of these cucks lol

This is the 3rd time i try it, the first 2 times, i had really bad urges after week 1.
i found out this was because i had a vitamin deficiency. so make sure you get a multivitamin, and make sure you get around 4-5gr sodium a day, get potassium/zinc/iron supps

I started at 213lbs, waist was 37.4"
6 weeks later, im at 194.7lbs, waist is 34.4"
Currently, im on a 900cal deficit, yet i have no hunger

Also, added benefit, i still have the EXACT same strength as before keto (2/3/4/5)
didnt use creatine before keto, and started using it the 2nd week in, thinking that may have helped me

Fat fuck you have no room to talk, come back when you aren't over 30% bodyfat lmao

>not being able to input those stats into a fat calc
>imagine being this retarded
oh user, i feel for you

im 18% or so, you dumb cunt lmao

Doesn't hurt to try. Other than feeling like shit for the first 10 days or so. I've lost 75 pounds on keto, and counting. It doesn't really make you lose weight faster, rather, it suppresses your appetite and carb cravings. If that's worth something to you, give it a shot.

Samefag damage control.
Post body.

Go read every post in /fast/ until you work up the balls to do it. If you run out before then google Veeky Forums fit fast (thread number - 1)

except fasting is not eating any food and keto is eating food.... so yeah pretty much the same thing right.

I'm not telling him to do the meme diet he posted, I'm telling him how to lose weight.

There is no point in following a diet if you are not 100% sure you're gonna stick to it. Figure that out first before you're gonna starve yourself. That said, the most effective diets aren't the most healthy ones, but since your goal is to lose weight, you'll have to figure out how much effort you are gonna put in without feeling like complete shit in the process.

Keto works, that's for sure. But what you want to focus on is burning more energy than you're taking in, regardless of counting macro's. So go to the gym every day and do high intensive compounds like squats, deadlifts and pullups. Minimize carbs and make sure to eat a shitload of veggies, which makes keto so much easier. Do this and you'll squat all your fat straight to the heavens.

We're all gonna make it breuh

I don't worry too much about "staying in keto" but I cut out grains and bread and try not to eat anything with soy or more than 10 carbs a serving. It's made me eat more vegetables and read packaging and pick better foods. I guess I'm doing something in between Paleo and Keto.

They both put you into ketosis, but eating food means your body will spend more time burning dietary fat than bodyfat.

kinda bad quality, but it gets the job done

It's alright for the initial month or so since weight just flies off, but once you get smaller/average keto is straight up bullshit. Every single thing is so damn calorie dense. I still don't understand how people slammed bricks of cheese and bacon and meat and oil while cutting on it

>I suspect it's because it's extreme enough to force you to completely change your eating habits, and the whole staying in keto thing is a challenge that keeps you focused.

Ketofag here, this is correct. It forces you to plan and prep meals and 99% of snacks at our office are off limits.

Keto or High Protein/Low Carb are the way to go as long as you follow CICO

The weight just flies off because you lose 4 kgs of water due to not eating carbs. This discourages people because they see their weightloss stall after a few days. It's best if they keep this in mind from the beginning and consider their current weight to be several kg lighter than what they see on the scale.

Keto won't make you lose fat faster than calorie restriction at the same calories in; though it's probably a more comfortable calorie restriction and you won't feel hungry.

My wife has been doing keto since thanksgiving and lost 20 lbs. It does work really well.

It fucked with her periods a bit, but otherwise has been good. She seems to not have food comas any more (she used to pass out after like every large meal)

Omad was better for me, I can eat shit and maintain but if I wanna cut i just have to count my calories. Irs all up to you in the end, keto can be dangerous and its fairly draconian but hey if you can stick to it youre golden

food coma lol

And you want to add even more restrictions despite not being able to lose the weight the easy way?

>it doesn't make you lose weight faster

Except it does. Keto means your body is burning fat for fuel.

Fucking end yourself you lazy, excuse-making, pansy, dick-tickling faggoli.

I've got a question for the ketofags. I want to try it out, but what do I eat on a daily basis? Do I just meal prep a bunch of steak and eggs for the week? How do I know how much protein is too much? And most of all, how will it affect my gains and gym performance?

what i do is mealprep alot
breakfast is just fried eggs and sausages, maybe some mayo
lunch chicken breast, minced meat, leek & cheese
dinner is kale, smoked sausage, cheese

if you know your LBM, 1gr/lbm
if you dont, about 0.82gr/lbs

it will affect your gains/performance for the time you are not keto adapted yet
which will probably be from 1 week(in my case) to 3 weeks

my advice is to start using creatine in week 2, so you get that strength boost, and can keep strength up longer

Not even that user but you’re closer to 20%

high protein/low carb diet is the best

Meal prep ends up turning into an excuse to eat crappy food when you have time constraints. Be sure to keep things around like cheese sticks and low carb protein bars when you don't have time. V8 juice is great to have on hand as well.

That said I have basic things I do prep for every week.
-dozen hard boiled eggs
-lb of bacon
-3lbs chicken breast
-large pot of soup stew or chili

Most of those things go into a big salad at some point. I haven't gotten bored yet.

By the way when I think of meal prep I think of a Tupperware with the entire meal in it. I just got used to eating single items on their own. One hard boiled egg and a tomato will go a long way to curb your appetite.

You aren't eating enough greens