True strength #2 ; spritual gains

>doing no fap
>connection to religion growing
>university guy
>girls walk around with pants vacuumed to their asses, wish they would have some more respect for themselves
>don't stare because there is no point
>don't want that ass if I don't have that heart
>FeelsFuckingRighteousMan.matrix
>Valentines day approaching
>no gf but its fine, I've got a lot of love anyway.
>love my fit bros, love my siblings, love my irl bros
>think I'll call my parents in the evening, check in on them, let em know I love em
>thank god for all I have, pray for those around me

This feels good. I thought this lifestyle would feel like suffocation, but I'm more free now than I've ever been. Willpower and patience is stronger than ever, and its starting to branch into other parts of my life, like my studies and the way I treat others.

>inb4 you gotta be religious/ of a particular religion
Nah man, you just gotta reject the desire for worldly pleasure for spiritual gain.

>inb4 lol ur gay haha
pls no hate in my spiritual bread tnx fren.

You boys had a good weekend? Whats the week gonna be like? General spiritual and good feels thread. too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eifp_HfQsOo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Only the righteous truly make it.

Probably gonna start a folder with this kind of stuff in it.

Absolutely. Peak Veeky Forums is to start making spiritual gains.

Bumping with wholesome . God bless you, lads.

Damn, that's some real shit. Poast moar anons

Wholesome pictures*

Classic

youtube.com/watch?v=Eifp_HfQsOo

>he lifted the cross for me

dunno if this fits but i like it a lot.

My week has been pretty good so far, OP. Hoping to see some progress with cutting, so far been pretty stagnant but not that far in. Considering doing no fap, not for muh testo gainz or muh need to find a gf. I have a girlfriend currently and when we take the next step eventually, I'd like to not be desensitized to the natural. She is beautiful and godly and honestly, part of me feels like I am not as spiritual as I should be. She wants to wait until marriage and I respect that wholeheartedly.

I want to get my position with God right. Perhaps then, my gains will not only be found in my effort placed in the church of iron, but also my spirit from the church of the Lord.

What made you want to do no fap? How did your connection with God grow?

Recounting a Buddhist story I enjoy

>At one time the Blessed One was staying at Raajagaha in the Tapodaa Park.
>Now the Venerable Samiddhi, as dawn approached, arose and went to the Hot Springs to bathe.
>Having bathed, he came out of the Hot Springs and stood, clad in a single garment, drying his limbs.
>Then a certain she-deva, as the night was passing away, lighting up the entire Hot Springs lake with her effulgent beauty, approached the Venerable Samiddhi and, hovering in the air, addressed him thus in verse:
>Having had no sport, monk seeking alms, Having none today, just seeking alms, Why not get your fill, monk, then seek alms, Lest your fleeting hour should slip away?
>Samiddhi replied:
>"Hour" you say, but I know not the hour. Hidden is my hour, and not revealed: Therefore, self-restrained, I just seek alms, Lest my fleeting hour should slip away.
>Then the she-deva came down to earth and said to Samiddhi: "You are young, bhikkhu, to have left the world, black-haired, with the bloom of youth. In your youthful prime you do not enjoy the pleasures of the senses. Get your fill, bhikkhu, of human pleasures. Don't reject the present moment to pursue what time will bring."
>Samiddhi replied:
>"I, friend, do not reject the present moment to pursue what time will bring. I reject what time will bring to pursue the present moment. Time's pleasures, friend, as the Blessed One has said, are fraught with pain, fraught with tribulation, leading to greater danger. This Dhamma is here-present, out of time, inviting inspection, leading onward, to be realized by the wise each for himself."

I had a really serious gf in high school (we took each others virginity) and when she left me I felt like I had betrayed my faith and gave into my carnal desires. From then it took a good while for me to figure out that I was messing with the natural way the body attaches itself to a mate, that being the bonding chemicals released after sex.

This makes total sense if you believe that pre-marital sex, one night stands or otherwise, and fapping are sexual deviancy then you know them to be a sin. Sin in the end always leads to pain one way or the other.

The pain you feel when a gf leaves with all your love, or the emptiness after fapping is that pain, and you don't have to be religious to understand that waiting until you really trust someone enough to marry and have sex with them and only them is the only way to avoid that pain.

That is why I started nofap, and my connection has grown because I feel like the word of god is protecting me rather than inhibiting me.

I appreciate this response. I suppose nofap and waiting until you've developed an unbreakable bond of trust with another person can be bridge that leads to self-control, patience, and godliness.

truth

patience is a skill that must be exercised frens. Stay strong

God bless bronon.
I have a long complicated journey with my faith, but this post reminded me of what it's all about. selflessness, patience, and commitment. Thanks man, sincerely. I needed this.

Goddamn, I just feel so fucking GOOD lately. I'm now 175 lbs and getting stronger. This is the best I've felt in years.
Recovering Skelly here btw.

Thank you user I know we're your at best bread I've seen in awhile. God bless buddy

Hillsong are actively working against God by promoting sodomy and universalism.

Lent is coming soon boys, that’s means we really need to be striving for purity and spiritual strength these next few weeks.

I'm glad that my post was able to help you, man. God bless.

How do you guys like your churches and parishes? A quite place to worship and pray or an active community to interact with? A stone temple rooted in tradition and history or are you fine with the green carpets and folding chairs of something that was probably built in 11 days?
What's your dream church brothers?

Honestly, I am fond of any church that teaches people to focus on their relationship with the Lord, rather than the religious practices themselves.

Sounds great mate. Keep up the good work. I'm on day 17 nofap, getting to me a little. Out of interest what religion are you, and if it's christian what denomination?