Banded chin ups

Anyone have experience with progressing from banded chin ups to unassisted? The band I'm using ATM says it provides 5-22kgs of resistance, does that mean progressing to an unassisted chin up will be about as hard as adding 5-22kg to my BB row?

Looks like a good way to slap the shit out of your face

Dumb and doesnt give you more weight where it matters

Stick to the lat pulldown

Move the band to you knee next and go with a slightly lighter band. Takes time user, months for me (105kg).

Doing 3x8, first unassisted then with bands but have 6 different resistances to work with

Or catch yo sack

You can't replicate the mechanics of a natural pull-up if you are withholding the workings of certain muscles that are taken away with assisted pull-ups, stick to negative pull-ups/hang on the bar as long as you can, stay AWAY from assisted machines/bands they do more harm then good

lose some weight fatass

this, it's really the only way

Don't listen to the other fags on here, banded chin ups are a legit exercise supported by many highly reputable S&C coaches and are a good alternative to just doing slow negatives/eccentrics to develop the strength to do bw pull-ups. Keep at it.

Also rowing strength =/= vertical pulling strength. Similar muscles worked but different modes of action so there'll be crossover but it's not exactly the same

Have any of the posters above me actually tried it?

I used bands to progress to my first unassisted pull-up. Started with the thickest band and worked my way down. Took about 3 weeks to do my first unassisted pull up. Now about a month later, last time in the gym I did 6x3 unassisted.

I am skinny though. Might be hard if you are fat.

That's not a chin up you retard.

>chin is up
>not a chin up
chin up

>being this retarded

yeah prefer them instead of incline curls as those build up your facial muscles too much. I want to retain my boyish looks but have big arms.

also do 3x8 user.

>do chin ups
>still depressed

Unless you can't even do a chinup, don't bother with the bands. If you're supposed to do e.g. 3x8, instead do 12x2 or something.

kek

doing 5 count negatives will yield results faster than banded shit

only dyel retard crossfitters like pic related do it

>incline curls
>build up ur facial muscles

wutface.jpeg.exe.ini.exec

Don't listen to these retards. If you want to progress with banded chin ups, attach the band the the safety bars in a power rack, and stand on top of it, as this is a more natural form for chin ups. And because it's attached to the safety bars, you can progress to unassisted by lowering the safety bars to decrease the assist the band gives you.