Self Improvement General

Discuss everything related to improving yourself

Other urls found in this thread:

psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I stopped eating and drinking any kind of sweet and slowly transitioning bread out of my diet. Also pretty much just water and no juice

Now start replacing water with milk, and quit eating salt and meat that's dry.

I went to the park and saw a heron

psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf

I have unconventional goals, but my cutting routine and diet is going well, but I hate having food cravings all of the time :( though I completely dropped soda and candy from my diet already. I'm drinking around 3L of water daily and peeing all the time.

It's a bit ironic that what finally got me motivated was wanting to look like a girl..

>stop drinking water

I gave up soda around 4 years ago, and alcohol 3 years ago. Right now I'm trying to water fast for at least 1 week.

>About to finish day 1

My plan after I finish the fast, is tun my diet to mostly fruits and vegetables, eventually cutting out meat entirely and eliminating as much grease as I can from my life.

Most mammals don't drink water, they just eat raw meat and get hydrated from that. Water over-hydrates your cells, and then your body de-hydrates (so you get thirsty again).

You bought into Coca-cola water meme that was started in the 50s, congrats, you got played.

>most mammals don't drink water
proof?

most mammals dosent mean all so the retard in this case is you fuck face

What’s the quickest way to improve cardio? My stamina is ridiculously bad. I’m skinnyfat and have always been salty because a lot of my friends who don’t lift are naturally lean / muscular. But I’ve realised they do a lot of cardio related hobbies most days.
Is couch 2 5k a good start?
I’ve started at the gym a few months ago and recently got my bulking diet in check but no cardio yet.

Look up mammals who have similar diet and digestion to us (like dogs, for example). In nature, they wouldn't drink a lot of water, because raw meat hydrates you. If you feed your dogs artificial foods, they will get thirsty.

I never accused you of being a retard.

fuck you buddy bread is awesome

Had a great workout today. I'm one month into lifting again and I noticed my pump for the first time today at the gym. Of course it's nice watching the weights increase every week, but it was great being able to see an improvement, however small it is. I got 156 grams of protein in today fairly cleanly and I'm not drinking tonight. Maybe we're all gonna make it after all.

I'm stuck on the OHP though. I'm still pressing just the bar. Today I struggled through 55lbs on the first two sets, then went to just the bar on my last set.

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE THIS RETARDED, IF YOU ONLY ATE MEAT AND NEVER DRANK WATER YOU UNIRONICALLY DIE.

I never said only eat meat or never drink water.

I've had LESS cigarettes. Had two yesterday and maybe 5-7 today. From 15 a day to this, I'm okay with.

Cut drinking from a 6 pack of IPA's to one night of Diet Coke + Whiskey a week, and only out socially with friends. I've been on Keto for about a month (with a one day break on Superb Owl day), so can only drink straight liquor. Down 15 pounds first month.

Been reading and going to sleep earlier too. Next step is locking in a dedicated wake up time and creating a morning routine.

I also have my first ever Tinder date set up for Thursday. I'm happy with my progress this year so far, guys. I'm progressing in line with what I thought about for this year. I wish all you anons enough success that you feel happy and proud of yourself too.

>How do I attain /sig/ goat physique?
c25k is a good program
I like big birbs and I cannot lie
but bread is anabolic as fuck senpai?

WTF ABUT Veeky Forums told me bread was bad

you've been visited by the snus shill
stop smoking and replace cigs with snus or your mother will be sad that your VO2 max is shit and you will have less gains

>can't run daily or my feet get injured and fucked up
>to cold to use my bike
>pool is expensive as fuck
What are some alternative cardios?

correction: it's not too cold, but the trails are all snowed over

Does your gym have stationary bikes?

I don't go to the gym

congrats friend keep it up!

>pic abstractly related
Jump rope is cheap, or peruse craigslist occasionally for a cheap stationary bike or rowing machine.

I'm dating a seventeen year old chick (I'm 28) and things are going absolutely fantastic with her. The thing is I can't tell if going for a much younger girl was part of my path to self-improvement, or by going after a young girl I'm avoiding the path and just coping.

Posting a funny pic I found in another board.

Leggo my eggos nigger.

>haven't smoked or masturbated since Saturday (Australia time)
>actually started counting calories
>cutting at a 1000cal deficit
>started running and doing upper body exercises
>just bought chicken and broccoli
>gonna slowly replace my carb foods with a keto diet

170lb here I come. Only 50lb to go.

Ellrone?

Try adding Carbonated water like La Croix or something, the carbonation tends to keep me filled up. 1500 cal cut here.

Thanks user! How is your progress?

don't forget leg day, especially if you're lifting to loose weight
also roll

My legs are logs already. So I'll just do couch to 5k.

The only way I could ever really, truly self-improve is to have someone be in my head and tell me to stop saying the things I'm saying or doing the things I do, why they are weird and autistic, and tell me what I should be doing instead. Because obviously I have no fucking idea why I'm so autistic and can't stop it so this is the only way I could

Strength training while eating at a calorie deficit will help you retain muscle and it aids in the process of losing weight by increasing your metabolism for a significant period of time. Squats will actually help you lose a lot of weight.
Check out the /fast/ threads too. Doing a water fast before breaking into keto can help.

Eating straight pizza and corn dogs but still losing weight

The quickest way to improve cardio is to do cardio. Couch 2.5k, 5k, etc. are all good. But the important thing is to just get out there are start sweating.

here we go

Built-fat here. Trying to cut fat and maintain / slightly gain muscle. just switched from 6 day PPL to 5 a day Bro-split (IDK what its actually called, chest back legs arms shoulders).
Keeping my Macros split 45, 35, 20 (p,c,f) and keeping calories at or under 2000/ day (bmr right around 2300)
I am debating throwing in 3 cardio sessions a week, always later in the day than my workouts.

Ya'll think it'll work?

>Try adding Carbonated water like La Croix or something, the carbonation tends to keep me filled up. 1500 cal cut here.
I'll give it a try.
How is the calorie count on these?

If you're like me then chasing that pump is half of what will keep you coming back to the gym. It's an addictive vision of the future you.

OHP is notoriously slow to progress, just keep at it. Really tighten your core and glutes more than you would think and white-knuckle the bar, if you don't already. And if you have to drop weight, try to drop 5 lb instead of 10 lb, e.g. 45 vs 50 lbs.

kek bye bye user!

I'm lifting again which is good, trying to avoid /pol/ as it just poisons my mind in a way I don't care for

I need to improve every aspect of my life, anything from cooking to lifting to discipline, please post stuff. I don't know where to start.

Have you had sex with her?

Bread is fine if it's whole wheat, isn't corn-syrup crap and you don't have celiac disease. There are better sources of pretty much everything bread has to offer, but that doesn't make it bad.

Find role-models. This doesn't end as an adult. I have an image in my head of the man I want to be at all times. This image has changed over the years and been shaped by my encounters with people who do things and have traits that I admire.

Looks fine if you're respectably strong already. If not, you should focus on strength training and heavy compounds over a bro-split, BB-style routine. You'll gain more muscle in the long run by building a solid foundation of strength before focusing on hypertrophy. Disregard if you're repping at least 1/2/3/4.

If it's the stuff I'm thinking of, zero.

Set time aside for self-improvement, guard it with your life and actually use it toward that end. That's the most important thing: discipline, and thus consistent effort. Start there. Make your bed, go to bed early, drink a specific amount of water a day, resolve to ditch electronics for a couple hours a day, etc. No fap has magically properties for some people not because it's magic, but because it plants the seed of self-discipline.

lol

Zero calories, sodium, sugar, anything. It's literally just carbonated water. Not PARTICULARLY tasty, but they do the trick and fill you up.

A lot of former alcoholics/beer drinkers recommend them because they fill you up and have that good carbonated feel without any calories.

k

Besides lifting, I got dermoabrasion to remove my acne scars, I'm also bleaching my teeth and I'm using just for men to hide my (few but noticeably) white hairs.

I look fairly younger and chadier.

Well done man!

LONDON

>girlfriend left me
>was the final kick up the arse to sort myself out.

So far it's been a month. Lost 10kg. Controlled my anger, I used to get set off at small things, now don't get angry unless it's legit (like a random poo-in-the-loo trying to break into my house), cutting back on alcohol, smokes, everything. Going back to my old army body.
She was hot, but a nutter. I want a hot, stable girl and I need to be stable and more fit for that lol.

Thanks bro. We're gonna make it!

health is more than weight man

roll

Nice user, sometimes that extra push to focus on yourself really does it.
I'm working on being stable too, I'm a wreck when I'm in a relationship so hitting up the therapist.

Outside of lifting, I've just started a new full-time job as a transporter in a Hospital. They will provide tuition reimbursement, so I can finish my business degree. They hire most employees for higher positions from the inside. It's a great hospital and it's a great opportunity.

I've been with my girlfriend for 7 years now.

I've been severely depressed for about 4 years now, mild depression since high school. I kept quitting my shitty part time jobs on a whim when I got a bad bout of depression. Living at home with parents. Generally feeling shitty about myself. Finally started improving this last year, now I'm starting to make big improvements across my entire life.

Good luck man. I hit up a therapist for a month, been meaning to go back, but have been too lazy to book another appointment. Honestly, meditation did the most for me. My mate put me to Mindful Meditation and it helped wonders.

kek

>home town
>two friends I'd die for
>move
>no deep friends
>many acquaintances
>dance, vidya, hang out with them
>can get laid decently often
>still don't seem like people I'd want to be deep friends/romantic partners with with

Anyone work through this before? Considering I met both those friends at my highschool I feel like the problem isn't that there aren't people I'd like to get close to. For two to be in one high school they have to be pretty common. I guess I just don't get people to open up and say the things that build a connection? This is a new feel for me because up till now I was focusing on some depression issues that took up all my worrying I could do

Tried to ask out 6 girls so far this year. 3 didn't text back, 2 found an excuse not to even give their number, and one was fucking someone else.

I don't know how to improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong

Experiment more. Try being an asshole on purpose. Try buying flowers for no reason for a girl you aren't even dating yet. Try crude sex openers. Try asking personal questions right off the bat. Try slowly building up to sharing your deepest fears.

If you don't feel like you have enough options for that
1) join a hobby that lets you play the numbers game (partner dance, rock climbing, etc.)
2) get fitter, hygienic, stylish to be able to get hits on online dating (requires being way hotter than in person dating, but not so much it isn't achievable for anyone)

But most of all build yourself and your confidence will skyrocket. Learn about body language, eye contact, and how to talk to a group.

How do I ask girls out in person? Tinder is 99% thots and I honestly just want to ask girls out in person to prove I can do it to myself.

roll

Pick a type of invite ("hey let's hang out some time", "do you want to go on a date", "you're cute - Drinks, Saturday night"

Go somewhere nobody will remember you afterwards. Talk to a girl. When you are done talking to her use the chosen invite. Update your opinion of what type of invite works best for you. Move on.

roll

rollll

>hook up with a girl back at my home city
>she's awesome, but it was brief since we both were leaving back to our separate university cites
>snapchat/instagram tag often, enjoy it
>get a feeling she doesn't care anymore after she doesn't send me anything for a day
>now suddenly I feel like shit and keep thinking about her

every fucking time
it almost makes me never want to get involved with girls because i ALWAYS deal with this stupid feeling. I get really attached though I never show it, but I certainly feel it. and I always feel that the girl loses interest before I do. fuck i hate myself sometimes..I wish I was stoic as fuck and just could go from girl to girl with ease

roll

I'm a professional cook. To get started, I'd recommend getting Julia child's "the way to cook" and opening it to any page and just make something. Make something for yourself or make a date out of it.

25 and afraid i will not make it brehs
Getting mired by girls pretty often but for obvious reasons they wont approach me.

Gosh what i would give for 19yo cute that didnt whore herself. But i think i dont deserve anything from other side of things.

Being intp is hard mode when it comes into romantics

I've done or at least made progress on doing just about all of these things. Its why getting denied is starting to bother me.

How much rejection am i supposed to take?

Jumprope?

The approach is up to you. Women expect you, the man, to make the "moves." Those mires are your green light to approach, if you're reading them correctly

bishop king pookie shakur reporting for eggo duty your honor.

I'm familiar with that feeling, it does suck absolute ass. But you don't have to wish you were stoic and all that. I'd recommend seeing a therapist if you can, they're good for this kind of stuff.
Hope you feel well

Pics of you, screenshots of texts with a girl you like, list of anything you feel is wrong with your life other than relationships, how you stand in other ways (hobbies, job, etc.)

Interesting questions that often help when going nowhere
>If you told me I succeeded in fixing the issue in the next year, what would I guess I tried over that year?
>Whatever variable I'm trying to change, have I tried doing LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE (see schelling points for more details)
>Whatever variable I'm trying to change, have I tried yelling MORE DAKA and just changing it as much as literally possible
>Let's sit down for 5 minutes (use a timer, no cheating) and try and factor the big problem into as small of problems as possible (no initial interest, no deepening of connection, no sexual tension etc.) until nothing can be broken down anymore. Is there a more specific variable I can tackle?

roll

I've deleted the text threads but here's two:
*talk about where she works*
Me: Hey when you're not working we should catch up over a game of pool.
*end

Me:"Give your number to any cute guys recently?"
Her: not that I'm aware of ;)
Me: Oh you're fun. When are you free to hang out this week?
*ghosted

Began pulling my sleeping pattern back a few hours, finally started properly exercising properly and eating better.

Improvement hype though

You can do it family

They already decided llllloooonnngggggg before you said that if they liked you. I need more initial conversations to do any real troubleshooting.

For the first one it sounds like you tried to engage her as a person. Think about if during the talk you actually connected at all and if not what you could have said or asked to add a little emotion to the conversation. Maybe you gave boring route responses that didn't sound like you cared. Maybe the reason you were talking about work in the first place is you didn't take an interest in picking something she cares about more than work first. Maybe you had the opposite problem and just tunneled too hard asking questions about the first thing she brought up like you were trying to speedrun her vagina instead of talk to a human.

For the second it sounds like a casual sex invite. Unless there was a lot of conversation before that the response will 100% just depend on 1) if she is in the mood for random D 2) she thinks your D would be fun to ride 3) She's not the kinda person to be scared being the one suggesting the times. To make interactions like that better just get hotter and don't give off the vibe of a 2 pump chump by being overly obsessed.

Same user, here's the one that brought me here. New girl at work insists on knowing my name, laughs at my jokes, strong eye contact, pupils dilate, makes a point to say goodbye to me, neglects work to talk to me. I ask for her number and she suddenly has to go look for someone.

20 minutes later, another girl stares at me and says I'm beautiful.

>wataar ovah hydrato cellus

Clean your room.

Booka arrived fellas.
Keeping up with phys, doing a Royal Marine training programme to get me fit for selection.
Finishing up "The Orthodox Church" by Timothy Ware - great read if you're interested in Christian theology and the early years of the Church.
Tidied and cleaned my room top to bottom, threw out old clothes I don't wear anymore, dusted, polished, vacuumed - feels good, smells good.
Day 3 of nofap too.
All in all, going well.

You shouldnt really run daily anyway or you can get shin splints, 3 times a week i think is fine

roll

Or

How about

And

Lets not forget this gem

Roll

rolluhn

>American education

rollerino