/fat/ - We're Making It Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/weight-loss-and-excess-skin-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Starting this calorie counting today, how bad is it that i used tequila to reach my daily target calorie intake?

Confess

As long as you're at or under your target. Just stay hydrated and watch cravings tomorrow

I ate 4 slices of pizza on Sunday father

I JUST ATE A FUCKING OREO
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just had an entire Little Caesar's pizza tonight, Father.

I ate 1700 calories on Sunday.

Worked a 12 hour shift on Sunday, stressed out. Had two oven pizzas and 4 ciders.

Was still under maintenance I think (did a rough count), as it was OMAD. Ate slightly less the last couple days which should even it out.

The scale's been creeping up the last couple days, father

three days ago I was just over 208 (the lowest weight I've been since middle school) and today I'm back up to 210

I ate well today though and walked over five miles yesterday

I haven't eaten in two days father. I think I will never be hungry again.

Chinese food for a cheat meal. Instant regret, feel like shit.
Going to stick to protein-y dishes instead of giant carb loads for cheats from now on. Nuggies never fail me.

Hey /fat/ I cooked you dinner!

Curry chicken and roasted brussels sprouts, eat up :3!

What motivates you, /fat/?

I personally just want to live to watch my hopeful future children grow old.

Is it even realistic to get a Greek god body after going through nearly all of your adolescence and teen years fat?
Are there any notable examples of obese kids turning into chad? I assume it's only possible with surgery, if at all.

I started at 167. Tonight I saw this. I haven't been in the 120s since middle school. I have a whole new burst of motivation.

i fapped 11 times today

height?

I hope you're a girl.

>est. calories
>2000
>MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALFUNCTION

idk, but i'm tryin

i'll keep you posted

On Sunday I went to my parents house and I messed up and ate some snacks before dinner. Fuck me the bean dip tasted good though.

Something feels off.

I'm making 500cal meals, but this one I made just seems way too big for 500cal.

250g rice
300g frozen veggies
200g mince meat
2 eggs
Spices

Total 1500-1600cal, split into 3 portions.

It gives me a good bowl of veggie rice and a mince meat patty on top. It's filling and keeps me going for hours until I feel hungry again.

try keeping your mind active
>do a puzzle
>learn something neat
>play a puzzle game
>also avert your eyes, the more you look the more you long

tetris on mobile :D

is there a thread like this but for skellys?

yissssss
sudoku's good too

As long as i hit my macro goals and stay below 500 my TDEE, is it okay to have shit like candy and soda? Pls help, i love sweets

How?

short answer: yes it's ok

long answer: you're gonna be hungrier in the long run with candy and soda in your diet, so keep in mind that even if you're at a deficit today, it'll make it harder to have a deficit tomorrow

Any ex-fatsos lurking?

HOW do I avoid the dread Panniculus, aka 'flesh curtain'?

/fast/

minimum $8000
save those pennies

People are touting loose skin loss as a benefit of dry fasting. Not sure if that's true or even if it's worth it, but your options are limited unless you have good genetics.
Save up for surgery just in case.

#################DON'T##############
>lose a large amount of weight very quickly (i.e., 50 to 100 pounds in a few weeks or months)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&DO&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
>lose a moderate amount of weight (less than 50 pounds) over a longer period of time might
[let's assume a year]
>strength training — by building new muscle mass to replace the fatty tissue that was once there.
>Quit smoking, it wrecks your skins elasticity
>Hate the sun, it makes your skin less elastic

goaskalice.columbia.edu/answered-questions/weight-loss-and-excess-skin-0

I have come back to fit and these threads basically because I'm still trying to lose weight. It's been an uphill battle for years and I'm still struggling right now I'm on a diet and I've been trying to get out more and walk but it's been so cold and rainy here I'm pretty much stuck inside half the time and I'm unemployed and have no money so it's not like I can go to the gym or anything

got a salad for dinner...but also a brisket burger and a chicken sandwich from chick-fil-a

I was a pretty heavy drinker, and figured that I was getting close to 5000 calories a week in booze alone. I quit because of that alone as my NYR, and went from 260 to a little under 245 today. It also cut out the snacking because I'd eat an entire bag of chips on a drinking binge (I'd drink heavy 3-4 days a week). So I recommend to everyone to mostly cut out alcohol. It's still fine to have a drink or 3 out with friends on a Friday night, but not drinking alone, or anywhere that isn't "out" like a restaurant. I've never felt better either. Still love booze though, I give myself a once a month cheat drinking day now.

Good job m8

Intermittent fasting is supposed to help you avoid loose skin and retain muscle mass while losing weight. I did it for the majority of my cut (lost the first 30lbs or so before I started utilizing it though) but I dropped from 240lbs to 150lbs so I'm not sure I had too much risk of getting loose skin anyway.

Get chick-fil-a's grilled chicken. 12 pieces is 210 calories and 38g of protein.

What appis this? Looks helpful.

>be me
>be a fat fuck
>get told by co-workers that i'm a fat fuck and slowing everyone down
>motivated to lose weight
>drop from 290lbs to about 150lbs over a year or so
>ifinallymadeit!
>after months of counting calories decide to give it a rest
>don't go completely off the rails but stop stressing over what i eat and just decide to eat what sounds good for a month
>just weighed in for the first time in 30+ days
>gained nearly 20lbs

WHAT THE FUCK!?

How much excess skin do you have? How tall are you? I was at 280 before starting and Im curious

Friends, today while lifting I saw the veins in my arms.
Never felt so good.

You lost that much weight and still haven't learned that it's about a lifestyle change and not just a few months of dieting? user, you're still a fatty at heart. Most of us are. You're gonna need to change your diet PERMANENTLY from here on out if you want to stay thin let alone get Veeky Forums. The fact that you consider a diet that causes you to gain 20lbs in a month "not completely off the rails" is a good indication of how much you need to adjust yourself.

The good news is that you already know you can do it, the question is can you keep it up long term? And no, you don't have to give up eating tasty food forever. But if you're going to eat something that you know is unhealthy you need to make it a RARE TREAT. Eat a piece of cake once a week, don't eat 3 pieces every other night.

Yet again nothing to confess priest.

Im making it for fuck sake.

I love yall.

I'll like to know too

Nick you ate yourself to death yet you fat cunt?

Height and weight? I can just barely see one vein in my right arm and it's usually when I'm really dehydrated. I long to see all sorts of skinny veins winding around my arm one day. :(

It feels shitty to say this, but honestly some people just retain fat more. To a degree, it is genetic

Not much loose skin thankfully. I'm 5'10. I have a little flap that's over my belly button but when i'm standing completely upright it's not really noticeable.

I did 40 min cardio today and some light lifting (trying to take it easy because of feet pain and muscle ache). Arrived home and made scrambled eggs with a bit of ground beef with onions, but I snapped out and ate the entire 250g of beef. Fuck.

How do you control cravings brahs? Sheer will power?

i was supposed to workout today but i ate an entire bag of limon chips instead, im still at a 500 deficit but fuck

I drank Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Go out Friday with a friend I have a crush on and her bf was home sick so I was trying to finagle my way in. We end up getting shit faced.
Went out again the next day and drank a bunch of beers. Then went wine tasting Sunday. I was down 6 lbs before the weekend. Not sure now.

I just had half a packet of crisps and intend on eating the rest later...

weight loss is a journey man so you do have to fight the cravings. drink more water. try to focus on every single bite of food you take. if you're more mindful with it instead of eating while watching tv or whatever, you may have less cravings.

I usually watch youtube in my phone while eating. I'll take that advice. I'm drinking a shitload of water too, but maybe I was dehydrated after the gym.

Thanks lad

So I'm a fat cunt but I've started eating healthy and going to gym. Can someone explain the calorie thing to me? I burn 3000 calories a day from work and have been eating about 1800 to 2000 calories a day. Is this good?

Been lifting for about 4 months now. 217lbs and 5’11”. Just completed my first pull-up and chin-up today. I felt pride. I’m still using resistance bands for reps, but it was nice to pull my fatass up the bar unassisted at least once.
We’re all gonna make it.

In ate a few slices of pizza and drank so much I threw up.

>Just completed my first pull-up and chin-up today.
I am looking forward to this day myself. Be proud, brother.

Thank you.
I strongly encourage using resistance bands if you aren’t.

Anyone? Is this a good start? And gym on top of that to burn some extra?

Do you actually count them, as in measure out your food with a kitchen scale, or do you just go "eh it's probably around there".

If the former, yeah, it's a good start. a 1000cal deficit should make you lose good weight. If the latter, count your fucking calories.

I've been counting them with an app I got. And my fitness watch I got tells me how many I've burnt

Don't. Use a scale, and do the math with the nutrition label on the food itself.

I ate a huge bag of kettle chips from Costco on sat/sunday

:/

adderall

Ok I'll give that a shot. I've been weighing the meat and using cup measurements on vegetables

So I can be happy with myself

Turn into the example user

MyFitnessPal. Super useful. Its recommended in the /fat/ post

That's what I've started using. Talking about it a few posts up

How will losing weight affect my torso and body? I have a pretty big stomach and man tits and i'm worried that after losing so much weight that my body will just look gross when ever I take my shirt off. Is there anything that can be done about this or am I just fucked for life? I plan on lifting too but idk if that'll do anything.

I'm 6'1 260 pounds and am aiming to lose roughly 100 pounds overall

Read the fucking sticky

Lifting will sculpt you

Why did you even buy it?

Why not throw it out?

>back at starting weight again

why do i keep doing this to myself

I got high and ate 3 quesaritos, 2 nacho grillers, and 3 nacho fries

After losing weight and lifting or is it better to lift from the getgo

>quesaritos

so good

Yesterday I had a big celebration and I ate pasta, wine and dessert

But at dinner I had my steamed veggies and I was still under my calorie intake

Better to lift from the beginning

I don’t know this guys scenario, but I know a lot of people losing this amount of weight make the mistake of under valuing how much weight lifting and gaining mass underneath the fat matters. They worry about being bigger and think just nonstop cardio and calorie reduction is gonna solve everything. Lift hard and don’t lose rapidly, stay at maintenance every now and then and recomp your body. Lean mass isn’t some myth or meme

Goddamn limon lays are so good bro. It’s not fair, why can’t they be healthy

This isn’t even gonna be worth it my guy, you’re fucking up. You’re gonna kill them gains and that girl still isn’t gonna be yours.

I bought some chocolate, planning to have a cheat day today as I haven't eaten over 1600kcal/day in a month. This ch*Colate tastes like shit

there's a storm and hail outside so I can't go for my nightly run

Bro I’m 5’8 and weighed more than you, and probably had bigger tittles than you do, just lift hard as fuck and sculpt your body, unless you’re really unlucky they’ll go away.

Not that user, but I've progress from being a dead drop to now being able to hold myself and lower myself controlled over 5-10 seconds. No upwards momentum yet but huge progress. I also weigh like 283, so thinking I'm doing pretty well.

Might look into resistance bands, could be worth it.

Someone brought in a box of a Krispy Kreme Doughnits to work yeaterday. Managed to not have one which I’m proud of but it’s pancake day today and I know I’m going to have a couple.

I fucking hate that my office thinks that serving us fatty, salty, carb packed food is "office engagement"

Every fucking day I'm turning down chocolate or pastries or cake

>SW: 133kg
>CW: 113kg
>GW: 100kg

Over halfway there in just 6 months of lifting and calorie counting. Noticed a fucking huge difference in my body, lost a lot of weight in my hips/stomach area as well as upper body. Face hasn't slimmed down much yet unfortunately, but I'm getting there.

I feel like I'm developing body dysphoria, though; every time I look at myself I think I'm too big and want to lose weight... Is this just motivation or the development of a mental illness?

No you don't. Just don't eat them.

nice

>tw dirty bulking

I can fucking FEEL becoming fatter

REEEEE. I've been a good damn boy for the last couple days, strictly eating 1400-1500 a day. But I gained two pounds?! Is it because I lifted and didn't run the last three days, think it's water weight?

What body fat % do I look like? Im 6’0” 73kg.