How do I develop more charisma? Any charismatic and energetic anons have advice?

How do I develop more charisma? Any charismatic and energetic anons have advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CfFvtSUDA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just like it takes months of training your body to make progress, it takes months if not years to hone your personality and speaking traits.

You need to actively work on your social skills. Put yourself in uncomfortable social situations, maybe doing something new with a group of unknowns, forcing yourself to make small talk, finding what works and what doesn't. It is impossible to become a virtuoso overnight. For some people it comes naturally, for others it takes a LOT of work and dedication.

it's genetic, has to do with dopamine level in the brain
take drugs instead

Check out the YouTube channel Charisma on Command. They have lots of little hints but the best thing I heard from them was to be confident that no matter how bad you fuck up in a social situation, you'll be fine and it doesn't matter anyway

It's not the spaghetti spill that drives people away, it's being an unconfident fuck and getting worked up over everything

Absolutely terrible channel. Don't check it out unless you want to be self conscious and have low self esteem forever

Not him but it’s not gonna do that. I prefer charisma matrix because he talks more about how to behave in real situations, but in any case having a toolkit for understanding social interactions isn’t gonna make an autist feel any worse.

>the rock
>charismatic

don't ever talk ever in your life ever again about anything whatsoever at all to anyone

thank you

i don't receive command from brainlet
you're welcome

Tonality and body language are 70-80% of what makes someone charismatic

>is a brainlet
>thinks he can call others brainlets

What's the other 20% then?

Language

It’ll only make you feel bad if you have a fixed mindset

>fixed and growth mindset
My nibba

Talk shit and try to guess what people may like to hear. If second person is talkable, just listen him and ask some stupid questions so you will sound like you care.

I don’t feel charismatic but somehow people flock to me and everyone thinks I’m hilarious. My whole schtick borders on acting ironically arrogant while still being friendly to people and making them feel good about themselves. The only downside is I seem to attract a lot of unhappy parasitic people, I haven’t mastered how to keep people at arms length yet so I let them in too soon and get hurt by them. It ain’t all it’s cracked up to bros, it’s got cons like anything else.

ITT: non-charismatic people giving advice

You must be miserable

>t. non-charismatic deluded virgin

Definitely miserable kek
I touch a nerve there buddy?

>i referred to people generally ITT
>hastily replied to me cuz triggered
>"k-k-kek definitely m-m-miserable"
>"d-d-do i touch your n-n-nerve b-b-buddy?"
pathetic

>for others it takes a LOT of work and dedication.

I'd imagine this describes a lot of Veeky Forums. It sounds like a pretty large portion of this board is still in college so actually take advantage of it, you guys. Don't just robotically go to the gym and class and then back home to post on Veeky Forums. Take part in clubs and team sports and stuff. You've got so many opportunities available to you right now.

Take it nice and easy dude you should seek therapy for those anger issues

i have social anxiety and im an ugly manlet. why would anyone want to hang out with an ugly manlet who is a virgin desu?

>y-y-you're miserable
>t-t-take it easy dude, i'm just chilling dude
you'll always be virgin

I highly recommend that you cut back on Veeky Forums first and foremost. Boards like Veeky Forums and /r9k/ are extremely toxic and the people here make it their goal to try to make you feel like garbage. Secondly, maybe look into therapy to help with your self esteem issues?

surround yourself with funny and charismatic people. It will stick. I have no tips how to but it worked for me.

>toxic anons bringing you down
>virgin newfags giving advice basically saying 'just be yourself' just to get online approval
now i understand why oldfags say this board is only good for shitposting

this and

ITT Anti-charismatic arguments

c o p e therapy wont improve my ugly face or height. I will always be a failure because of my genetics desu

I mean, it's a self fulfilling prophecy if you have zero confidence in yourself. Do you really want to be a NEET failure in your 20s and beyond?

there's another way that works unlike what you turbo virgin newfags preaching
if you just shut the fuck up then maybe the people who already know how will speak and then they can really help others

Look for a summary of 'The Charisma Myth'

Or read the whole book for better context and stories/examples to anchor the recommendations

The average age on this board is like 19 so I don't think there's going to be a whole lot of aged wisdom forthcoming. By the way, I was in no way telling that user to 'just be himself'. I was advising him to look into therapy for his incredibly low self esteem.

Broken record family. Do you call everyone who triggers you a virgin? Maybe you’re projecting bub

> therapy wont improve my ugly face or height.

I bet you're average looking and height is a meme.

However if you constantly think you're shit, guess what.

no, i'm calling the people who defends a never work advice like 'just be yourself and just do it' a virgin
turns out you're a virgin brainlet

You sound like you're a bitter person that just wants a quick fix for something that can't be quickly and easily fixed.

I dont want to be a failure in my 20s and beyond but what other life can i lead beyond eking out a meager existence if im an ugly manlet desu?

what other ways are there to improve social anxiety and stop being an autistic basement dweller desu? also calm down user. go eat your tendies. newfags and normies have infested Veeky Forums for years.

I've got a childhood friend that is super charismatic, he's average looking

>remember peoples names
>eye contact
>remember the things they tell you about themselves, including interests
>acknowledge everybody you recognize as long as it's not inconvenient to do so
>don't linger, always cut things short because you're needed elsewhere
>never belittle or talk negatively about other people or their interests
>that being said, have your own opinions backed up by facts, but never engage in serious debate, you're not going to change anyone's minds and it will make them dislike you
>be genuine, don't hide feelings, you'll give them off using body language, people will pick up on this
>don't be a pushover, but don't be a dick either
>DON'T act different around different people
>you need to be the same person to everybody you meet or people will smell bullshit
>always be doing things/going out/seeing people
>very little social media/messaging/texting, be busy basically

note, all of this is extremely tiring unless you're naturally very energetic

>Reeeee why would I have to change my habits and put in effort.

>Face and height
>M-muh genetics

Was this a Fatlogic thread or something?

Seconding the guy telling you to get therapy and cut back on shitty online communities.

>You sound like you're a bitter person
no i'm a realist
>that just wants a quick fix for something that can't be quickly and easily fixed.
cuz your ways don't work, that's why i called you a virgin
if you're not, then i'm wrong, why do you need my approval?
but of course i'm not wrong

Whatever you say, user. Go watch a 'how to be charismatic in 10 easy steps' video on youtube then. Surely faking it is a far better method than learning to actually be comfortable in your own skin.

i am calm, just because i type an angry text doesn't mean i'm angry irl

this naturally energetic/charismatic/social people have high dopamine level on their brain

>Go watch a 'how to be charismatic in 10 easy steps' video on youtube then.
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Literally nobody has said “Just be yourself” in this thread
I think you ARE mad. and I think you’re the virgin.
You came here to shit on OP and because people had already given him advice you wanted to shit on that as well because rather than try to change, you instead want to disdain those that do.
It’s ok buddy, first step is admitting your faults

>always wear sunglasses
>be at least 6'1, wear boots if neccessary
>stop and stare at them when you have nothing to say
>ask them questions then loudly interrupt them
>mock everyone
>have at least 1-2 catchphrases so people memorize you

kek'd

this is the most valuable post in this thread, and it's ignored
instead virgins like this advice to watch youtube videos
loud mouthed pathetic virgins i kid you not
i'll just stick to shitposting

That guy's post was literally just describing his normie friend that has self confidence. If you found that valuable, then great but user...

just talk to people
listen to them and respond back
Man when I was a kid I was shy as motherfucker and thought I was fukken sasuke or some shit
Then I got a job and had to talk to people without being weird about it

Nah, he’s not wrong. I’m a borderline neet who loses friends on a regular basis because I disappear and I do most of this and normies hound me to hang out, to the point where I don’t have the energy to be out that often because I’m not the extrovert they think I am.

that's why you're a brainlet virgin who couldn't recognize valuable insight even if it's in front of your face

i'm done ranting btw, you want to call me a virgin i don't mind cuz i'm not a virgin and why do i care what an user online said, unless what they say is right, like when i call you people virgins
i did care some newfags parading their stupidity though, but like i said i'm done ranting

I'm not saying it's not decent advice but that stuff is hard to fake if you don't have natural confidence and are comfortable with yourself. That's what a lot of people on this board are lacking.

Fair enough. I would say I lack a lot of confidence in many things in life, but not with who I am as a person.

This channel is pretty great for learning about charisma.

youtube.com/watch?v=2CfFvtSUDA0

This video is one of my favourites.

you are probably taller than me and better looking desu im an ugly manlet i cant fake being a normie

fucking hell you sound autistic

I’m a Manlet actually. But I’m not unattractive, and people are shallow. So it’s like a cheat.

70% of normies are ugly manlets

The virgin response

The chad-reply

other way around actually

there's nothing better for virgin losers than bragging online about stuff they couldn't do themselves

I think that faking charisma is what makes people like so tired of social interaction. I am like that too , i could fake it if needed for with 1 or 2 people max . But imagining myself in a group of people like 5 to 7 people it's impossible for me. Of course that all your failure will make you feel not worth it and no body will take you serious and will never take your opinion serious. I guess getting a job , a car etc will make things better , confidence and charisma will come too. Even though there are people more charismatic and in the same financial situation as you they always are treated in a passive manner as a clown that is there to entertain.

be tall and built with a deep voice then just be super positive all the time

>im done ranting btw
>rants for a paragraph
>like i said i'm done ranting

people like you make me seem like i've got all my shit together for real

If you're a defeatist bitch so yeah.

Glad i can make you feel better about yourself

>Be a good listener - take in and process what people say, show interest, ask questions.
Hardmode: try to find some way to relate to what they are saying without being obnoxious/one-upping ( "My car broke down and I had to walk in the blizzard, it was awful" "That really must have sucked. My bike broke down once and I had to carry it back, and of course it started raining." ( Both have a chuckle, that weather am I right, haha, so what kind of a car you drive etc. ). NOT "It's my first day at work, I'm really nervous." *You proceed to go on a long ass tale about something that happened once in work that made you feel awkward but not too awkward and how you totally came out on top of the situation and how Bob, Ripley and Scott now look totally dumb and think you're Da Man*
>Validate - When someone shows vulnerability ( "That sucked/I felt bad/That was awkward"), tell them it's understandable, it's no wonder, something like that would make anyone feel X. Nothing sucks more than revealing you feel bad about something, and then someone proceeding to make you feel bad about feeling bad. You are probably familiar with the feeling.
Hardmode: Comfort without being pushy/invalidating.
Insane Mode: "Manipulate" them to saying things that make themselves feel better.
>Admit to your flaws and mistakes - Nobody is perfect and pretending to be is obnoxious. Doesn't mean you should berate yourself or grovel but if, let's say, you're going bald, just admit it. It's also okay to admit you think it sucks. If you make a mistake, own up to it and take responsibility.
Hardmode: Admit to your psychological flaws such as lack of social skills.
>Accept that some people just.won't.like.you. You don't need to please everyone, and people may have completely arbitrary reasons to dislike you. Just focus on people who do like you.

>What's the other 20% then?
b in ur self