Is it possible to do copious amounts of cardio but also gain muscle lifting?

Is it possible to do copious amounts of cardio but also gain muscle lifting?

I currently cycle for fun on average about 200 miles a week but I have lifted for brief periods in the past when I was a teen and I liked the sense of confidence and how it made me feel. Also cycling gives you a pathetic looking body I would like to look somewhat aesthetic without spaghetti arms.

But I'm really not sure how to fit it in. I'm guess at the minimum I need to do at least 2 days lifting for it to be worthwhile, but full body workouts would mean I need to rest a day in between and before and after, which would take up 5 days and leave me only 2 days to cycle.

Is it possible to carry on cycling lots but also incorporate lifting into my life, or is that simply an exercise (no pun intended) in futility, and I should just stick to one or the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYIxwM7GVik
youtube.com/watch?v=Ky1jsYor4PM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you take drugs anything is possible
But since you want to be natural...
You'll have to eat a FUCKTON of calories and cut out a ton of other activities outside of biking, training for mass, eating and resting.

Eat a megafuck amount of calories and protein

They aim to be that skinny as its optimal for performance. If you're not aiming for that its not going to happen by accident. I do mostly running with some cycling around 6 days a week and still hit the weights about 3 times a week. Most people here are amerifats with comical levels of fitness that think training more than 3 weeks with cause burnout. You can still get a athletic, good looking body while focusing on cardio.

>Is it possible to do copious amounts of cardio but also gain muscle lifting?
depends is it actually cardio like you're in that heart rate range or are you just cycling around? If you're not doing racing stuff you're probably not doing enough cardio to negatively impact your gains. Just eat more lift 3 days a week and take at least one day off a week from everything.

So you lift on the same days as cardio? Doesn't that hinder recovery?

What routine do you do?

Whilst I'm not cycling for competitions or anything, when I do cycle I go very hard and try to beat times, raise my ftp etc.

>They aim to be that skinny as its optimal for performance. If you're not aiming for that its not going to happen by accident

The fuck?
Getting that thin while going hard at biking and not keeping up with calories is a natural consequence, not something that they have to intentionally work on.

I mostly do full body stuff--dips, pullups, bench, Etc, with some vanity work thrown in at the end. If you are fit as fuck and doing cardio almost every day, weight sessions seem really easy in comparison unless you are doing some
crazy high rep squats or something. Really
I wouldn't worry about recovery from throwing in a couple of resistance sessions. To look good by normie standards you really only need to be lean and have the smallest of noob gains anyway.

"Going hard" is a bit of an understatement when you realise how these guys actually train and what they do. They are also taking drugs that lean them out like that. I've cycled with some pretty decent amateurs that clocked some huge mileages and almost none of them were that thin. Some had a bit of a belly honestly lol.

Get those KOMs up the local hill. Oh yea baby. I can do 400Watts for 3 minutes now. I'm so horny. I'm practically only a sprinter at this point in time. Because I run 5-10km, and only do hill-climb HIIT sessions on the bike. Lift every morning.

I hold 400 watts for 20 mins lol get on my level fag

cut day of cardio.
eat everything including your bike.
lift heavy.

Yeah no

>cycle for fun
Fucking casual, you ruin the sport
>cycling gives you a pathetic looking body
You train for the specifics of the sport, you fucking casual

i ruin the sport because i do it for fun? that makes LITERALLY no sense. I get that fun from the challenge and sense of accomplishment of cycling 100 miles in less than 6 hours, or holding 300 watts up a 15% grade and reaching the top. You sound like a retard if you don't enjoy the activity yet still do it.

Is there any sport that gives you a nice butt and thicc thighs, but not huge bear hands and wide shoulders?

Sprint (track cycling).

youtube.com/watch?v=NYIxwM7GVik

youtube.com/watch?v=Ky1jsYor4PM

do track cycling, they lift as much as cycle

To the guys who cycle here:
How the fuck do you stop getting nervous about cycling on the road with cars, especially on a relatively busy road (I live near NYC). Basically all of the friends I have that drive hate cyclists, when I ask why they just say stuff like "they get in the way, they should be on the sidewalk, they need to get off the road, etc."
Also do clipless pedals really make that much of a difference?

If you eat more calories than you use, you'll gain weight. If you eat fewer calories than you use, you'll lose weight. Simple stuff here.

personally that's where i get some of the enjoyment, when i'm hurtling down a hill at 45mph knowing that if i were to hit a pothole i would probably die. there's some real excitement in that.

Think about what pisses drivers off and avoid it
[spoiler]I don't ride in heavy traffic though[/spoiler]