Lent starts tomorrow. Are you going to fast? Are you giving anything up? Any good Lent recipes?

Lent starts tomorrow. Are you going to fast? Are you giving anything up? Any good Lent recipes?

im doing pct and fasting would ruin all my gains
Lord forgive me...

Ill do no fap and maybe ill give upeat not sure yet

i'm giving up sips and caffeine.

should I convert to orthodox Catholicism? I’ve heard it’s the religion for intellectuals

I’m giving up dog

Do you mean eastern orthodoxy or traditional Catholicism?

Roman Catholic

Luckily Catholics only have to fast tomorrow and on Good Friday

Traditional Catholicism does have a very rich intellectual and philosophical tradition, going back to men like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas.

The meat and dairy is easy. But oil is a hard one to avoid/want to avoid.

Anything you could recommend literature wise regarding Roman Catholic theology user?
Interested in finding my faith again.

St Augustine's Confessions is a good read. If you're looking for something more contemporary, maybe something by Bishop Robert Barron, Trent Horn, or Fr. Robert Spitzer SJ. If you like fiction, read The Brothers Karamazov. Its more of an eastern orthodox book but it did wonders for my faith.

Thanks user.

I'm giving up spunking in my own mouth. Hopefully by the end I will have broken the habit and won't get the urge to do anymore

Bump

I smell samefag

I got invited to a catholic service for ash Wednesday. What should I expect?

giving up drinking, fapin, and spending money on anything other than healthy food and rent.

Lent only starts tomorrow for the heterodox.

It's another week before the Orthodox start Lent. We still use the Julian calendar to mark Lent and Pascha, in use from Christ's time, without the recent changes of the last few centuries.

Most modern Latins don't fast anymore, their body removed most of the rules back in the 50s and 60s. See for this. They basically neutered all of their traditions.

For the sedevacantists and sspx that still do, the traditional Western fasting rules are mostly limiting portion sizes and abstinence from meat, but leaving dairy and eggs, so any lacto-ovo-vegetarian recipes are good.

The Eastern Rite Orthodox have stricter abstinence rules, but anything vegan and anything shellfish-related that doesn't have meat or dairy will be good. Western Rite Orthodox follow traditional fasting rules that are essentially the same as the sspx etc.

being sleepy

>no meat

Can I eat chicken?

Some old dude gonna rub ashes on your forehead

>Lent only starts tomorrow for the heterodox

>being a christcuck
Never gonna make it

kys paganigger

No you can eat fish tho

>Jesuits and American bishops/laypersons.
No. Fr. Ripperger for spirituality and McInerny for philosophy.

Ill check them out thanks user

Lent starts Monday

Is it okay to give up meat only in the wednesday and fridays?
I eat mostly meat in my diet so its hard to give up.

You only need to abstain from meat on Fridays

Dude don't go that's 16 years of Catholicism speaking shit sucks

I know brother. But the last thing the Church should be known for is "owning Catholics" on the internet like boomers "owning liberals" on facebook.

Lent is a much older pagan tradition.

Symbolically it is the gestation period in an annual rebirth / fertility ritual. The 46 days of Lent (40 days, because you don't count the Sundays) represents the 40 weeks of a pregnancy for Europeans.
>niggers don't carry babies as long
>40 weeks = 9 months
This is why prior to Lent you have "The Seven Fat Days" ending with "Fat Tuesday" and "Valentines Day" which is literally celebrations of sex and conception which is typical of when you're trapped inside with nothing to do... as was common for Europeans during the Ice Age (where these customs originate).

This is why after Lent you have Easter, with its rich fertility symbolism of opening Eggs... the spring equinox and the birth of a new season where everything around you is "birthing" or blooming and growing after the cold of winter.

Jewish dick-sucking christians get the fuck out.
>implying rabbits have fuck all to do with christianity

btw, yes... as a traditional pagan I'll be doing a /fast/ on a weekly basis of only salt water and no food of any kind from Monday to Saturday, with a Sunday refeed. This is very different from your flaccid faggot fasts, or muslim "only eat at night" gayness. This, along with spiritual virility will help cut some pounds for the summer.

>Christianity is backwards compatible with some pagan traditions

Really groundbreaking stuff user, you might be the first person that has ever pointed this kind of thing out.

some cosmic brain shit right here

I will be fasting and relinquishing the excess energy my body kept during this bulking phase, so my definition can feel the smile of the shining sun.

Thank you lord for this blessing.

But user, pagans were the ones that bringed the pussy worshiping into christianity.

Yep, I'm giving up all types of junkfood and doing a bread and water fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday.

Good for you user