Why do I never see anyone doing front squats at the gym? It's the GOAT exercise

Why do I never see anyone doing front squats at the gym? It's the GOAT exercise.

you can't lift heavy

Because all the dyels and fake roiders have no idea what they're doing

There's someone that front squats in my gym. He crosses his arms instead of using a front rack position, but he keeps leaning forward at the bottom of the lift

>not putting your arms at your sides and resting the bar on your delts

>not balancing the bar on your head

>not putting the bar on top of your head and doing the Nazi salute

>not doing the macarena with the barbell on your clavicle

>not balancing a barbell on each finger

I think it's because most gym goers are not athletes. Front Squat is an athletic movement to improve the clean. It's difficult to perfect and can be intimidating for casual gym people.

Because even back squats are too much for most people, front squats are a literal impossibility to them.

From what I remember reading they're OK if you want to target the flutes, is if you're a woman or a faggot, whereas backsquats incorporate much more hamstring involvement and consequently you can lift more weight, burn more calories and increase core strength. Back squats are just a better exercise but if you really need to target your ass for some reason go ahead

Frontsquats hit traps and quads heavy while requiring more core strength than backsquats. Best way to get those a e s t h e t i c JOOCY quads

The hell?
Glutes are hit harder with back squats and full ROM. Quads and core are worked harder with front squats

>>tfw front squatting 275

Because they all read starting strength

I must have been thinking of the quads then instead of glutes, thank you for the correction

>he doesn't rotate between front squat, overhead squat and back squat
never gonna make it

It rests on your delts in a front rack as well

Lol you cant maybe

I probably front squat your deadlift for a double

yeah well while your front squatting my deadlift for a double i'm having sex with your mother

Xd le epic burn, upboat

Now apologize to me before I show up under your bed tonight at exactly 3:45 AM

I've dropped back squat for front squat, feels better on my back and better quad activation. Still won't see it at the gym though because home gym master race.

sorry

Teach me your ways. I'm stuck at 220

I'm a novice and I do front squats.
How much weight should I increase each time?
I workout 2 times a week full body.

Why not do both?

I dunno man

I currently lift 15 kg on a 20 kg barbell so
35 for 5x3.
Would increasing with 2.5 kg on each side be bad?
I have some 1.25 kg plates.

lol..

Is it too weak?

>He still lifts in a commerical gym.

Lift for a sport. Join a weightlifting gym or a powerlifting gym. Don't mingle with people who don't know what they want.

If you cant increase by 7,5kg per week on main lifts and 5kg on all accessorry you should just give up.

>see fairly skinny short kid load up 3 pl8
>I was already sceptical about him back squatting it
>Front squats it for a relatively clean 5 with good depth.
What the fuck man, his quads hardly bulged out. Is it possible to get strong af but still look dyel?

I barely do back squats anymore. I train them maybe two times a week. I just do front squats the other days.

Fuck front squats. My wrists are sore for weeks after every time I do them.

Well its my second time going to the gym so.
I went on Friday to workout and this is my second time going to the gym.
I could probably increase them by 5+kg.
My deadlift went from up with 5 kg in one session,that's normal right?

Just keep increasing by 7,5kg and 5kg.Noob gains will last for at least 10 weeks. If youu cant increase any more its just a mental thing. your body can always handle it. And it's okay to cheat on form a bit

I have a question if you don't mind me asking.
I am doing the incline bench press and its 10x3
for the same wight as my front squat,its with a pause at the bottom.
Should I be worried?
It was 10x3 fo 30 kg before.
Damn the weights go fast.
I wan't a well sculpted chest so that's why I am doing it with a pause,and I also do overhead press with a pause.
Will these give me a well sculpted chest?

Decline press in smith machine is better for chest. Also you can do more weight since its assisted. More weight=more better

increase by 2.5kg each week. should hit 50kilos in a months no problemo

I think you are wrong.
I might be a novice,but even I know smith machine is shit.
More weight more gains is the general rule,and that's true.
But the smith machine removes the stability part of the exercise ,therefore more weight,but less muscles recruited.

Assuming I'm not doing it completely fucked up, I think Front Squat is easier than back squat. I feel like I get much more power and stability in it than regular.

I use the armcrossed grip, is the olympic grip mandatory and should I learn it?
I feel a pain in my delt while permoforming light frontsquat, I hope it will go away with time like the trap pain with backsquats but could it be a matter of grip?

it focuses the weight on the chest so you dont cheat with your stabilising muscles. Its the same for squat and deadlift. all are better in the smitty

you should oil your wrists

The Smith machine is one fixed range of motion,therefore it is inferior to the barbell.
The barbell accommodates your own body,with its own specific dimensions,
Sorry,pal I would advise you to stay away from the Smith machine.
Barbell>Smith.

You can vary the ROM you retard. Just change the weight of the cables!

>Smith machine
>Cables

>tfw cheating deadlifts by bracing my core
>tfw cheating bench by retracting scapulae
>tfw cheating cheating pullups by holding on to the bar

I think this guy has bough a little too much into the bodybuilding magazines on the table at the gym.
I am baffled as to why,cheating as a novice is encouraged.
That's the most unproductive thing.
Everything you do as a novice must be extra strict,since you are learning the motor patterns.

the cables connect to the bar to increase the ROM you can perform without affecting the weight you dumbass. Have you never seen a smitty?

Has a lot to do with relative femur length. Relatively shorter femurs = much easier squatting.

Depending on your proportions fronts squats can be really hard. For me, I have long arms and I need to stretch my forearms all the time for me to be able to get my fingers underneath the bar, for heavier weight you need 4 fingers and for that quite the flexibility is required.
But yeah front squats are a great exercise.

I always neglected my flutes because I thought my gf would be put off by them but turns out that's the thing she wanted more than anything else. My gf left me and I learnt a valuable lesson.

>How to injure yourself

What is the back squat to front squat ratio? Let's say i squat 100kgs on back squat, how much should my front squat be?

>not putting the bar at the tip of your ERECT penis

if your a soyboy

What do you mean by an accessory?
Do you mean like curls?
Do you mean an isolation exercise?

how does one develop the wrist flexibility for the front rack?

Put weight on the barbell take it.
Do not squat down,just hold the position of front squat.
You should eventually develope the flexibility.

>I use the armcrossed grip, is the olympic grip mandatory and should I learn it?

Right after you want to go heavy.

>inb4 you can go heavy with crossed arms
Yes, for the 1RM.

because everyone is doing the superior movement instead

Part of learning the motor patterns is learning to use your stabilizing muscles to perform the movement in a mechanically efficient way (efficient bar path etc.), a smith machine can not teach you that

fug i can barely get a plate doing front squat, but going up feels amazing on the back

Yeah your relationship wouldve been saved and all the fundamental flaws thoroughly fixed if you had some MASS ON THAT ASS

retard alert

I do front squats and still working on form, it seems like my torso goes down when I hit botom(about atg) and its hard to mantian upright(im using plates under heels untils Il get oly shoes), what should I do? I try to lift chest up and keeps arms up

There are no shortcuts with front squat. You need to make sure you are bracing properly, and probably just need to build stronger core, upper back, lower lumbar, everything.

I know how to brace good, I squated 2pl8 in lb for 6 but in front I now only do 1pl8 for 6 and it feels even harder, so you think it might be muscle problem and I just need to get them stronger in this movment?

because for most people there just isn't that much of a point

it's a much less comfortable position than highbar or lowbar and the thoracic erectors tend to be the limiting factor

Lol get a load of this clown

I do Front Squats instead of back squats because I injured my back and front squating takes away lumbar pressure, allowing to squat pain free. Back squating, no matter How light the weight is, is painful and will injury unless rehab is done beforehand

It's a great rehab exercise for squatting, along with light good mornings and single leg lunges.

its better than nothing

okay the first thing you have to do is add more weight to the bar, the second thing you have to do is squat it

this is one of the dumbest comments I've ever read on Veeky Forums

~85kg