/meal-prep/

Who here /meal-prep/?

I work shift work with demanding long hours most days (military) and can’t cook every day so I’ve taken up meal prepping in the last 6 months and the results have been outstanding.

I prep my lunch and dinner meals with the following quantities divided into 14 containers that will last a week.

Spinach: 4 10 oz bags
Chicken breast: ~8-9lbs
White rice: 2.5 cups
Chopped veggies like bell pepper, onions and tomatoes.

I bake the chicken and place the chopped veggies on the cooking sheet with it, and just sauté the spinach in a pot. Once everything is done I divide up into the 14 containers, and place 10 in the freezer and 4 in the fridge, and every time you finish 1 day of meals (2 containers) you replace them from the freezer.

In the morning my breakfast always consists of 1/2 cup of oats with natural peanut butter, blueberries and a scoop of protein.

Totals out to ~1800 kcals and ~200g protein.

Thoughts on this? Share your routine if you have one. Pic related, it’s this week’s batch.

looks fuckin pro

You are going to make it.

Thanks man. I’ve got it down to about 1 1/2 hours of work and every week I get more efficient at prepping it. Most of it is just waiting on the chicken to finish baking and then chopping it. But it’s helped me out tremendously.

I wish I had a freezer and microwave.
Looking good man nigga

Looks fucking great.
Don't you worry about bpa in the plastic, though?

Where did you get your containers?

Looks autistic af
Keep up the good work, you're gonna make it

I think these are supposed to be bpa free according to amazon but I’m not sure. I’ll look into it more. It’s just that these fit into my fridge and freezer so nicely and is so easy for me to bring to work and microwave.

I’m really uneducated on BPA to be honest.

Detailed recipes? And how big are your containers? Been wanting to get into this but I'm kind of a cooking noob so spending 2-3 hrs seems daunting atm. How long did this take when you first started? Also good job.

you could always get pyrex containers that's what my gf uses

second for recipes.

i spend 2 hours a day minimum just cooking basic shit. it would be so helpful to have a week's worth done in advance.

Turns out they are BPA free. I got them from amazon. Not the cheapest but not expensive by any means.

Just go to amazon and search: Evolutionize Healthy Meal Prep Containers - Certified BPA-free

>plastic containers

you waste a fucking ton of money on that chicken
you only need half as much protein

totally wrong. that's like 40g protein max.

he probably needs 2x-3x that amount if bulking, but he can get by on that if just maintaining.

most "BPA-free" plastic containers use bisphenol S, which is a similar chemical compound with the same endocrine disrupting properties

I’m afraid my recipe really is very basic guys. I just season the chicken with salt pepper chili powder and abodo powder and the spinach is seasoned with salt and lemon.

The chicken is placed on cooking sheets sprayed with Pam and I bake them in the oven on 400 for 20 mins and then flip and cook the other side for 20 mins.

I try to keep it basic otherwise you end up a slave to cooking and the amount of time it would take would make it unsustainable for me.

Damn.. guess I’ll look into some different containers that are the same size. Is Pyrex what I would want?

I don’t think I do. I spend $15 on my chicken per week, and ~$40-50 total for groceries including the chicken.

Yep. Pyrex is goat.

This. They have plastic lids, but when I microwave I take the lid off and put a saucer over the top.

What size should I go for on pyrex? Is 740ml good?

The 750ml ones are good for normal meals. I have a few of the 1.2ltr ones for larger things.

I also made the mistake of buying a couple of the 500ml ones at the same time I bought the rest. They're too small for meals.

How long have you been doing this and how's it been working out for you?

Yeah, but you shopping at the commissary or off base

I meal prep, but I just make a huge pot of chili and eat out of it for a week.

I imagined that you have this huge pot of chili sitting on your stove and it has chili spilled down the side of the pot. You walk by and just take a scoop with both your hands like drinking water from a stream. The chili spills all over your face and crusty wife beater as you imbibe the succulent satan semen and return to your weight bench to pray.

Is meal-prep a good way to burn fat? I was doing keto and few day fasts for about a month and lost a decent amount of weight, but it was too weird and I couldn't stick with it. I'm a little better off from it right now, but I couldn't stand how weird the social accommodation was. I want to keep burning fat now, but just while getting "normal foods" that allow me to eat a little bit of anything when I'm out with friends or whatever. Is meal-prep a good way to do this, because it seems like a really solid idea without a gimmick, just about having actual food ready to go.

I mean I do that with soups

Meal prep for days.
70g berries (Aldi berry picker mix)
2x200g Greek yogurt
2x 50g rice (dry)
2x curry (I can share an MFP recipe if want)

Plus a proton shake
about 2kcal 150g protoss
Could be leaner but it's delicious and doesn't feel like a cut