Wtf I took 1 gram of phenibut expecting a nice calm feeling with social anxiety negating effects...

Wtf I took 1 gram of phenibut expecting a nice calm feeling with social anxiety negating effects. I was about to fall asleep at my desk. All this did was make me extremely sleepy. What am I doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761
psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just vape weed and drink coffee thats IT

I've had similar with diazepam. They pretty much numb you to the point that you don't feel anything and just wanna sleep. You're better off not taking me drugs

>what am I doing wrong?
Taking phenibut.

Its like a real benzo's retarded niece. Try a red/green blend or white vein kratom extract if you don't wanna go down benzo boulevard.
Diaz is a sleepy benzo. there are more functional ones. But don't do it. Not worth it.

Weed just makes me more socially anxious. I'm only taking phenibut as an alternative to adderall while I wait for my insurance to kick in.

VAPE WEED DUDE LMAO *TIPS COOL FEDORA*

dose 200mg l theanine daily, much safer and has more clinical trails backing it

1 gram is a fucking ton of phenibut. half that would probably be the calming dose. it's also extremely addictive, so let yourself be sober for a few days before trying again. don't ever use that shit on consecutive days.

I forgot all about L-theanine. I did that shit a year ago and it worked surprisingly well to relieve social anxiety.

I built up a tolerance to it pretty quickly though. Better used sparingly and not on a daily basis.

you can't build a tolerance to it lad it's self regulating not calling you a liar just saying it was probably some outside force causing more anxiety than usual or placebo effect or something

>1g is a lot
>I take 4-5g then go out drinking
I cycle off for tolerance breaks, do I just have a naturally high tolerance?

I was actually dumb enough to try this shit. It's a gimmick. You may feel some light feeling of sedation or passiveness the first couple of times, but after that, your tolerance takes over. It doesn't even make you feel amazing, and it easily becomes addictive. Results are too shaky for any real benefit.

NOTHING can replace or act as a crutch for learning to socialize in your sober state. Stop memeing yourself. It is a weakness.

Country with people of the highest IQ also smoke the most weed dumb faggot.

g is a lot
>>I take 4-5g then go out drinking
>I cycle off for tolerance breaks, do I just have a naturally high tolerance?

thats a fucking elephantine dose. im guessing you're not cycling off for long enough to kill your tolerance, or you have some mega-fucked GABA pathway in your brain due to being a wino.

>Weed makes people smart
You’re fucking retarded.

I cycle off for two weeks (maximum time it takes to return to baseline) maybe fucked gaba, only meds I've ever been on are diazapam (a month of daily usage, low doses) anti depressants (two or three different ones) and anti psychotics about 5-6 different ones - I'll speak to my care coordinator next time she visits and see if any of those could have fucked me

Jews have high verbal IQ. Basically they are all smart in the same way as females are. If you've ever known any (females or jews) this basically equates to being able to lie well and argue/convince their way through situations.

Otherwise israel doesn't have high IQ.

sounds like you're on a cornucopia of pharmies, I wouldn't be surprised if something odd is going on chemically in your brain. are you ever totally sober?

all those were on prescription, been off all meds for a few months now though, been using phenibut to cope with anxiety

Nice try but Israel doesn't even make the top 25 highest average global IQ by country. The highest average IQ by country belongs to Hong Kong and then South Korea ~106.
>Le jews are smart meme
Fuck off

Ashkenazi jews are the high iq ones and they only make up about 1/3 of the country. Israel as a whole has an average iq of 94.

Are you retarded? Israel's average IQ is 95.
iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country
That's not high.

why are /pol/ guys so annoying?

>tfw i lost the chance to work in hong kong in the mid last year surrounded by high iq people and submissive azn qts
>cryingwojak.jpg
I've been taking phenibut everyday without getting withdrawal for the last couple months, i still cycle it though
It's crazy how much misunderstanding people have about phenibut, once you understand what it is actually it's laughably easy to circumvent the withdrawal

Yeah I also have very high tolerance. I honestly cannot feel below 2gs even after long break (2 months). I think it’s just one of those drugs with vastly different effects on different people

how?

also does phenibut interact with bupropion?

>been using phenibut to cope with anxiety

just out of curiosity, how's your nutrition?

Same. 3g’s is my cruising dose, 5g makes me go to sleep.

good, I don't count calories but I cook all my meals and makes sure to diversify

Some people are a non-responder to phenibut.

>good,

right on. just be careful mixing that shit with booze dude

one of my mates is a doctor, I'm never alone when mixing and don't sleep for 12 hours after dosing - but thanks for the concern lad

>Taking phenibut as an alternative to adderall
Oh my god, it's retarded. If you cant take two seconds to understand the difference between a stimulant and a sedative, you don't deserve either drug. Unless that is, you just want something to feel at least a little high off of and dont care what it is, in which case fuck off junkie.

no

You have to realise it is a phenethylamine / pea
Lookup pea structure in wiki, lookup phenibut, realise pea is embedded in phenibut
Pea is natural stimulant and basis of all stimulant drugs, eg alpha methyl phenethylamine = amphetamine
Once you realise it's a stimulant you'll realise all phenibut at

do you have any experience taking both at the same time, also how high was ur dosage?

Read this I'm not him though, glad some other user realise what phenibut really is

u seem to now alot about it, could u make a short rundown on how to avoid withdraw effects, and how long should a break be that ur tolerance level goes back to the start?

stop trrying to shill the mental destroying herb on fellow anons.

It's not really a good drug if it makes you paranoid and sleepy at the same time, also what kind of drug gives you shitty headspace, feeling of loosing your insanity and fear? A shitty drug, that's what.

Don't even recommend this shit to people, a bad high can literally chip away your former self and it might take years to fully recover mentally.

I take it 2 times a week and it works great. Usually after I wake up 2/3g and dont eat for 2 hours. Lasts most of the day. Always take a couple of days break however between uses.

>a bad high can literally chip away your former self and it might take years to fully recover mentally.
Are you that guy that "tried lsd once and got brain damage for a year" because that's how retarded you sound. Only a bitch would blame their chronic mental issues on taking a drug once.

Never had adderall, my dose is around 1.5g currently, sometimes i go to 2.5g for going out

The big one is dopamine depletion, you have to restore it with tyrosine
And for tolerance nmda antagonist like magnesium can be used
If you take it daily there's another side effect emerges which is reduction of short term memory, i also seem have to find out what the solution to this one but the theory is still broscience need further reading on this
I usually take 2 weeks off, when you feel depressed from the withdrawal just take 1-2g tyrosine until the depression's gone then stop all for 2 weeks

>Phenibut, A strong gabapentinoid with minor dopaminergic effects
>A stimulant
Remember that time you took adderall and had the best sleep of your life? No. Also if you want to play the structure game you do realize it's litterally GABA with a phenyl group slapped on. GABA effect isn't that weak at low doses, and dopamine effect is still weaker. It's not like a benzo because it's not a fucking GABA A allosteric modulator. Its a gabapentinoid and thus acts like gabapentin you shit. If you honestly think phenibut is a stimulant youve never taken hard stimulants, because the effects are simply not stimulating, they dont wake you up or cause higher focus. It's an anxiolytic, and at low doses is non-sedating, this doesn't mean it wakes you up or makes you think faster.

You sound like the type of person who likes to slip people LSD and see them get mentally annihilated. You're just fucking retarded if you can't understand the fear of going completely insane from fucking with these drugs. You're the type of dude that will do psychedelics until you've actually gone beyond the point of return(of mental health), you're the type of idiot that doesn't realize how deranged those trips are making you until you have full blown psychotic breakdown.

Not my fault you can't comprehend the stupidity of tripping drugs that permanently change your personality.

Yep, I've taken all sorts of phenibut dosages and bupropion dosage is 300mg. The only thing you have to worry about is chronic high-dose phenibut use can cause withdrawals that lower the seizure threshhold, bupropion also lowers the seizure threshhold. I don't expect you to have a seizure if you never had, but be careful.

This is the kind of person that takes phenibut once a week
I'm on phone and can't get into citation war
You do you, not like i get money if you don't take phenibut daily

Hows that DARE program going?

>taking drugs
forgot the fedora

You seem to imply that there are citations showing phenibut to be a stimulant? I'll beleive you if you can find one single study showing hyperlocamotion and not sedation in animals. I take phenibut everyday to sleep, and it keeps working every day.

Not really against moderate us of drugs, like amphetamines, cocaine, opiates. Those kind of drugs don't usually send you into a psychotic frenzy(unless you do something stupid like doing to much or taking them without sleeping).

Also, it's apparently you've never actually gotten the fear on weed, which tells me you're just some faggy kid reading about drugs on some wikipedia pages. When it comes to drugs you actually have to live it. And if you're telling me weed can't put the fear on god in you then you've obviously never smoked that much weed or even smoked for that matter.

Also, user, when are you gonna try that latest pcp analogue man, still legal man, enjoy that dissociation user and fuck dem DARE squars, they tots narcs who don't know how to have fun and they bring bad vibes man, shitt i got to take another dab man, i had been dry cuz i was broke last week, ill dab for you man, peace

>Thinks using opiates for anything but painkiller is ok
>Thinks everyone that has ever smoked thinks weed makes you go into a psychotic frenzy and gives you permanent mental issues
>Marijuana is the worst drug
>Just do heroin or meth or coke instead

Of course there is, if you really want to find out then google it yourself, keyword maybe phenibut dopamine phenethylamine derivative
I'm not trying to win you over, so don't expect me to provide you gold on silver plater
It's both stimulant and depressant, based on your dopamine level and gaba level and the dosage it can have different effects
A molecule can be an agent for multiple different receptors with different affinity
I take phenibut in the morning, get stimulated, and at night i get full sleep from it's depressant effect
Also benzo hit benzo receptor which is subsystem in gaba a receptor, the down regulation from benzo is in such a way that one subsystem is downregulated and other is upregulated
Phenibut when binds to gaba receptor works just like gaba itself, so even at higher doses the receptor wouldn't downregulate like in benzo fashion, you just get insomnia from phenibut gaba withdrawal

I said amphetamines, not meth. And I never said smoking gives you permanent mental issues(well it does if your a heavy user, there's no debate about it), I said drugs like LSD will permanently change you and destroy your sanity. If you don't think so, then just keep taking them acid papers then, see what happens.

Ok, let me google that and click the first link.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11830761
>It also stimulates dopamine receptors and antagonizes beta-phenethylamine (PEA), a putative endogenous anxiogenic.
So it actually inhibits phenethylamine, but stimulates dopamine receptors (which aren't stimulating without norepinephrine, l-dopa and other parkinsons drugs arent stimulating)
>Phenibut is widely used in Russia to relieve tension, anxiety, and fear, to improve sleep in psychosomatic or neurotic patients
Stimulants are bad for anxiety and fear, really bad actually

>Amphetamines
>not meth
You do know that meth is an amphetamine, ya?

how long does it take to kick in when taking oral?

It binds to taar receptors then release dopamine and norepinephrine, not dopamine receptors directly
It inhibits natural pea because both phenibut and pea compete to bind to the same receptor
And of course people on russia take multiple grams to get confidence from dopamine and then pick up chicks on the street, right?

You do know that there are different kind of amphetamines? You do know that? And they all have a different bioactivty and permabitlity through the blood-barrier membrane to reach the brain?

psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut

And when a cosmonaut is having a panic attack on soyuz they should take benzo and be bartard instead

Whether it's their verbal IQ that's higher or not is completely irrelevant unless their performance IQ is lower, which it's not, so your point is so fucking moot it's unbelievable.

>And of course people on russia take multiple grams to get confidence from dopamine and then pick up chicks on the street, right?
Are you serious? It's a russian pharmaceutical, used in medicine with more russian research than english. It comes in 250mg doses.

Let's delve into the fulltext of that study to evaluate your claims
>In these models the behavioral effects of PEA were typical of standard anxiogens
>Studies on the interaction of PB and PEA revealed that PB or BAC antagonize thesedative, as well as, the excitatory effects of PEA
(PB is phenibut)
>The results of these two series of experiments suggest that: 1) PEA can be viewed as anendogenous anxiogen, and 2) the antagonism of PEA by PB may conceivably represent the mechanism of the anxiolytic action of PB
So why then, would it act in the same way as phenethylamine? That doesn't make any sense.
>. It was suggested that PB may activate dopaminergic processes and that this effect may be important for the sedative and tranquilizing effects of the drug
Dopamine effects aren't stimulating

Now I will concede that you arent entirely wrong, it is a cognitive enhancer and
>Chronic administrationof PB (50 mg/kg i.p., twice daily for 5 days) promoted a tolerance to its sedative action onthe last day of treatment while its nootropic effect was enhanced
This doesn't make it a stimulant though.
>PB, at 50 to 100 mg/kg i.v. or i.p., produced slow amplitude spikes in the EEG.
This is typical of sedatives.

your entire fucking post just jesus fucking christ these absolute levels of dunning kruger

>drugs like LSD will permanently change you
I too watch Jordan Peterson religiously

they're all 18 years old
they all figured life out at 18 somehow
they know better than everyone else because they unironically believe the memes they see on a regular basis on this website
checked btw

This is getting into something i don't want to do in the first place
What are you trying to do here? if you don't want to take it daily, don't take it

Good for you

I take 700mg once a week. The day I take it I'm EXTREMELY sociable and feel uplifted. I've given it to a couple of friends, one didn't feel anything and one said it felt like he had a few beers. The drug works wonders for me but the results vary drastically per person.

I do take it daily, goose. I'm just saying it's not a stimulant and is a sedative. That's all :)

>herr i looked at the molecular strcutrue n figured itout

This is why you're a millionaire exec in silicon valley, they routinely microdose LSD

*not a millionaire

They also routinely believe in alternative treatments for cancer and fucking die as a result. Microdosing LSD is a joke IME.

Not talking about steve jobs only even sv programmers do it
Psilocybin and MDMA is also going to be approved for psychotherapy in the next couple years

Alright there buddy

>MDMA
>Approved for anything
Lol ok there buddy. I don't have malformed beleifs about lsd, like that scare-tactics guy from earlier. But overheating, seritonin depletion, and neurotoxicity with mdma mean it has 0% of ever seeing fda approval (and the states is the most pharma approving country)

Jesus fucking christ don't you ever read the news nigger? Google it now, there's trial going on right now
Mdma turns out is not neurotoxic in therapy environment, low room temperature, and no serotonin depletion if not taken in binge
You're comparing party environment and therapy, almost like comparing apple and penis

I said alright there buddy I definitely think it's going to happen in a couple of years

Can you see my ip or something? how do you know to attach pic related? what is this wizardry?

anybody who “doesn’t feel it” has eaten food within 2-3 hours of dosing. take ~700mg first thing in the morning and don’t eat until noon and i guarantee you’ll be feeling great. it shouldn’t take grams of this stuff to have an effect, it’s just really, really dependent on having an empty stomach.

Psychedlics dont work like that

>thinks taking one thing one time is going to cure his anxiety

Hoo boy, you got a long way to go

dude that is way too much. coming off that shit is like opiates, wean yourself fucking starting yesterday bro