I want to be Aesthetic WTF

What is this gay shit, I've been lifting for 9 months now and my body literally looks the same. When I started I couldn't rep out 1 plate on bench, now I can but my chest doesn't look developed and my shoulders and arms look like noodles. I bulked with whole foods and counted my macros each day.
What is this gay shit, what am I doing wrong?
Pics Related
Current Stats: .75/1.25/2/2.5 for reps of 5
Current Body Weight: 225 lb

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788
bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1204162/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1176257/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Work out routine:
Day A
Bench 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Squats 3x5
Dumb Bell Curls 3x8
Lat Raises 3x8
Dumb Bell Tricep Press 3x8

Day B
OHP 3x5
Deadlifts 3x5
Close Grip Bench 3x5
Barbell Curls 3x8
Tricep Pull Down 3x8
Face Pulls 3x8

1"88 Meters tall (6"2 Feet) 3500~ calories a day, 8 hours of sleep.
I also train a martial arts 4 times a week.

Higher reps for hypertrophy

Get leaner to see slow gains

>posts pics where he isn't flexing at all so he can live with the mean comments we will make
got em

you honestly expect to see muscles under all of that fucking blubber? cut fuckhead.

>do strength routine
>wonder why he not gaining muscle
you fell for the meme my friend.

This is correct. Also, I'm not really seeing the rationale for your workout schedule. Seems like you're hitting all the same muscle groups both days. I do PPL (more or less, anyway,) so that my muscles have enough recovery time before I hit them again. Maybe change your workout so that the same muscle groups aren't being worked on both days

Thank you user, I don't mind the mean comments that would be made. Criticism is good and constructive, even if they call me a malformed autistic fat ass. I trust Veeky Forums with my gains, and post prepared for the outcome.

So turn my 5 reps to 8 reps and keep the work out?

I thought about a cut, but I'm afraid to lose the gains I've made.

Strength routine recruits more motor neurons, it better utilizes the muscle you all ready have while slowly building muscle ontop of it.

My concern is if I'm doing something wrong, like is my routine fucked or am I not bulking enough. I feel like I should be further along in my progress.

>I don't know what a realistic expectation of my time/progress looks like. Am I below average or average.

Dude, if you’re afraid of losing gains from a cut then you’re never gonna make it.

Cut first, then add muscle/fat, cut again, bulk again, repeat. This is your life now until you find yourself with a body you can keep with a maintenance diet. If you cut correctly you’re not going to lose much muscle mass.

This is somebody on a cycle and it gives me body dysmorphia.

c a r d i o

Dude you just have shit genetics

I started at 160 lb and after 7 months I was at 1/2/3/4 for reps. I did more than you while being lighter

Cut you fat fuck

Too soon in my lifting life to pull the shit genetics meme card.
I was a computer dweeb for my entire life with 0 sport activity before I decided to start lifting.
But here's a (you):
>T-thanks user, i-I guess I'll just lay down and give up.

But I was under the understanding that I needed to bulk till I was satisfied with my lifts and then cut.

and cut, or just add it on top of my routine?

>.75/1.25/2/2.5
Please explain to me what "1.25pl8" is

>dude after 7 months i was using incorrect form and not doing full reps to cheat weight lmao

If you cut now you'll be otter mode. If you want aesthetics you need to increase your rep range to your lifts at least 8 but go for 12.
Keep your current diet - Don't over bulk as you're borderline obese allready and you only need +500 kcal to your diet to build muscle.
Add HIIT to your routine, at least 2 times a week.
Add Pull ups, skull crushers and ab work.
Keep your bulk for at least another 3 months, measure every detail about yourself right now:
Arms, Waist, Chest, Shoulders / Back
Weight
BF %
Lifts
You need to progress your weight on your main lifts by at least 5 lb every week.
Good Rest is king here.

Your progress is below average but you're also new to the lifting game, so it's understandable. For the next 3 months push yourself harder than you have been up till now and then look at your stats and body.

Holy shit op, you have the worst body hair I have ever seen.
I'm not saying that hair on men can look really good, but please shave your belly.

1 plate is 45 lb, 25% of 45 is 11. 45 + 11 = 56 lb.

What kind of ab work, which day should I add the pull ups and skull crushers?
>This looks like good advice, thanks.

I like my chest hair, not sure how to shave my belly and keep a masculine body hair thing going. Where can I find good tips on male grooming?
>in b4 google

jesus this is demoralizing to see, and everyone as usual has a different answer. makes me want to give up and just do cardio or find a trt doctor

Hair on belly isn't masculine it's monkey mode. The acceptable belly hair is a thin happy trail

So your bench is 157x5?

So you're doing A / B / A - B / A / B I take it?
Then inbetween those days you do the pull ups and skull crushers with ab work: Roman Chair 3 x 10, Cycling Crunches 3x10, Heel Touches 3x10. Super Set the three exercises and then rest up to 2 mins. Add an extra set after each month. So by the 3rd month you should be doing sets of 5.

Studies have shown that cardio done 6 - 8 hours after strenuous weight lifting increased gainz, so if you lift in the morning you can do HIIT in the evening. Otherwise do your cardio in the inbetween days after your pull ups/skull crushers and ab work.

Also, stop fapping or at the very least cycle it every 10 days. Abstaining from orgasms increases testosterone: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788

You've been lifting for 9 month and you have a 2 plate squat?

So that's 36 weeks of lifting, and assuming that you squat only once a week where you add 5 pounds each time, that would amount to an increase of 180 lbs. Assuming you started with the bar, that gives you your current 225 lbs squat.

Now, a SS linear progression has you squatting 3 times a week adding 5 pounds each time, which means you would have done in 3 month what you did in 9, assuming you started with the bar, which I doubt. I also doubt you've squatted only once a week.

I'm just saying that I agree that these are slow progress, and I'm wondering about the method you use in order to determine when to increase the weight.

Don't give up user, it just takes time and patience. Through Readiness and Discipline we are masters of our own fate!
Everyone having a different answer is common, there's a lot of un/fit/icens roaming around. Just gotta find the advice that's backed by science and do your own research as well and try it out.
Trial and Error leads to success ! :D

Yes

That's a lot of work on top of my martial arts training, but I can try it and see where it leads me. I haven't been doing any ab work because Deadlifts, Overhead press and squats work them.

>Yes
Bruh that's why you're small. You can lift pretty heavy without looking like it. Try to stick to the 8-12 rep range, add in some isolation accessory work and just keep going forward.

I have to admit that I increase my weights according to how comfortable I feel doing the lift. I don't like asking for a spotter. So when I feel like I can up the weight and hit the lift, I do.

If I claim to have had similar noob gains without roiding what would happen If I began doing so?

Wtf i lift as much as you and im 60 kg, of course you look like fucking shit

What kind of isolation work

I think people wouldn't believe you and they'd be jealous simultaneously.

Yeah I'm 26% BF right now @ 100kg :/

>No cardio
>Barbell curls
>9 months for 1.25 bench
You must eat like shit, what's your diet like?

>What kind of isolation work
I don't think it matters much. On my pull day, I do 3x8 of both preacher curls and hammer curls, for example. Check out ExRx.

Nick grant

>Shake
Total Nutrition: 65 gr Protein, 84 gr Carbs, 19.5 Gr Fat
Calories: 771
-------
1 Banana (1 gr Protein, 28 gr Carbs)
100 gr Instant Oatmeal (15 gr Protein, 56 gr Carbs, 8 gr Fat)
1 Handfull of Spinach
1/4 Avocado (1 gr Protein, 7 gr Fat)
1 Teasp Coconut Oil (4.5 gr of Fat)
2 Servings of ON Protein Powder (48 gr Protein)
1 Teaspoon of Creatine
>Pasta with Bolognese Sauce
Total Nutrition: 57 gr Protein, 90 gr Carbs, 35 gr Fat
Calories: 903
-------
270 gr Spaghetti (15 gr Protein, 82 gr Carbs, 4 gr of Fat)
160 gr Cooked Ground Beef (41 gr Protein, 29 gr Fat)
100 gr Tomato Sauce (1 gr Protein, 8 gr Carbs, 2 gr Fat)

>Steak & Potatoes
Total Nutrition: 43 gr Protein, 115 gr Carbs, 46 gr Fat
Calories: 1046
-------
560 gr Baked Potato (13 gr Protein, 115 gr Carbs, 12 gr Fat)
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (25 gr Fat)
180 gr Sirloin Steak (30 gr Protein, 19 gr Fat)

>Steak & Potatoes Again
Total Nutrition: 43 gr Protein, 115 gr Carbs, 46 gr Fat
Calories: 1046
-------
560 gr Baked Potato (13 gr Protein, 115 gr Carbs, 12 gr Fat)
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil (25 gr Fat)
180 gr Sirloin Steak (30 gr Protein, 19 gr Fat
1 ON Multivitamin

>30-40 mins before sleep
Calories: 300
-------
85 gr Gouda Cheese (21 gr Protein / 2 gr Carbs / 23 gr Fat)

Cool site, thanks

What?

65g of protien in that shake is a waste, and so is the 57 in the pasta. You can't absorb more than 40 in a single sitting so all you're doing is fucking your kidneys.
I'd also recommend you check your math since that's 4000 calories where you said here you get 3500 a day. In addition you're getting next to no vegetables, get more leafy greens and shit and eat them with your stake and potatoes.

Holy shit shit the fuck up you retard lol

>The bottom of the pyramid sounds something like this
>Holy shit shit the fuck up you retard lol

Thats some embarrasing numbers for 9 months my dude.

Ayy lmao
Progress isnt supposed to feel comfortable. It feels like shit thats the fucking point

Another user falls for the "SS is a meme" meme

Will you sick fucks never be satisfied?

>9 months
>No gains
>Shit lifts
>Telling other people they're retarded
Why are you even here?

I was referring to the "only absorbing 40g in a sitting"

That is absolutely fucking false

I'm not op.

5 rep sets are only good for aesthetics if you have really good leverages and can put a lot of weight on the muscles.

Do german volume training.

>your body can't absorb more than 40g protein in a single sitting
I'd post a drooling idiot wojack if I had any saved.

Not me, someone else.

So should I add 5 lb to my lifts every week like the people have been recommending ??

>40 gr protein
I din't know this. I'm gonna check pubmed just to make sure and get back to you in 10 mins.
>4000 calories
Holy shit you're right, I din't notice. That explains why I'm gaining way more fat than muscle. Thanks.
>no vegetables
I add them to the shake, and I thought a multivitamin covered it, but it's an easy fix. I'll add more veggies.

T. Mens Health Magazine

bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm

This? But No Bench or OHP, also never heard of this till now.

Just feel the burn man

The "" SS is a meme" meme" is a meme

Or is it?
Just add some milk to your diet man

Yeah that's gonna be one of the big reason why you're shit's not getting better. If you're able to complete a 3 sets of five, then you're in a position to increase your weight no matter how comfortable you feel about it. You don't need spotting on anything other than the bench.

I mean I'd tell you to get serious about programming and some version of a program in which your subjective impressions are taken out of the equation.

I mean how did you select your program? Who told you to go up in weight "when you feel like it"? Did you take advice originally intended for more advanced lifter and apply it to yourself?

Dude your lifts are awful for 9 months. You're either not pushing yourself hard enough or fucking up diet and rest. Have you followed linear progression?

>That pic

Idk man, I'm reading The Antichrist now and I feel like Nietzsche was already a bit crazy when he wrote it. Loved Genealogy and Beyond Good and Evil but Antichrist is just kind of comes across as an angry rant for a lot of it.

Btw, for any FitLit bros lurking, I've been reading some Alain de Benoist lately (specifically On Being a Pagan), and that shit is cash.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
>Extrapolation of the FSR response to the conclusion that there is a maximal amount of protein in a meal that can stimulate net protein anabolism is not justified. In our opinion, the preponderance of evidence indicates that the more protein in a meal, the more anabolism will be observed. This perspective is supported by a recent publication in this journal (22) in which consumption of 80% of the 1.5 gram protein/kg BW/day in a single meal was more anabolic than spreading the same amount of protein intake throughout the day. If the limit to the maximal anabolic response of 30 gram/meal, the approach of providing most protein in one meal would have been unsuccessful in achieving the optimal anabolic response.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1204162/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1176257/

Those two articles also mention that there is no cap on Protein absorption and the anabolic response protein intake generates.

Where do you get your info from?

>user died of kidney failure from eating too much steak at once

nice body hair big shoots
>3/10 would not rub face in

>tfw lifting for a year and mine are worse
Eating good but I’ve been stalled at 6’2 195 for awhile now. Lifts haven’t increased in literal months though I didn’t think much about it. I wonder if I need a new routine or more sleep or more food, it’s becoming frustrating.

I started out with an Alan Thrall Beginner program at first, but with no clear progression path. I maybe stuck with it for 2 months, then switched it to Michael Mathew's Bigger Leaner Stronger program for like 3 months till I began lurking Veeky Forums and finally posted my stats and you guys laughed at me and gave me this program that I'm on now - but being completely honest the "adding 5lb to my lifts every week" was told to me, but every time I tried I was only getting 3 reps or 3 1/2 and needing to ask for help cause I fucked up the lift. So I stopped that and started doing my own thing as it felt comfortable... :/

No, I haven't followed linear progression. I clearly haven't been pushing myself hard enough. v_v but I'm glad I posted on Veeky Forums again so you guys can get my gains on track.

>I greatly appreciate everyone taking the time to post here, love you bros.

Milk is estrogenic af, I don't want gyno.

If you fat fucking weak cunt badmouth milk again I swear to god im gonna fuck you in the ass until you laugh

Seriously now you dont know shit about shit and train and eat like a retard

I live in Argentina. The Poultry, Beef and Dairy industry is not as regulated as it is in the States and thus the quality of the food available to me has all sorts of hormones and antibiotics added on to them. It's why I spend more money to eat beef rather than chicken.
If I was state side I would drink milk for sure :D, all my lifting idols chug it like it's jet fuel for their F22 Raptor live style.

>I started out with an Alan Thrall Beginner program at first, but with no clear progression path.

That's got to be a 2 years old program or something because Thrall is a certified SS coach now. Today he'd tell you to do SS:LP.

I was going to recommend Mike Matthews but I see you've already checked his stuff. Well, maybe check his stuff again because it doesn't seem half bad. Better trust him than some rando on Veeky Forums.

I mean, look, for beginners, this is not supposed to be super complicated. Big focus on learning the movements and doing them well (this took me a while) and doing it while on a linear progression. If you fail as soon as you add five pounds, you're either fucking your recovery or your technique.

You need to pick someone credible that has demonstrated competence and then really invest into his approach. That means investing in really understanding and executing the movement and following the program as described. If you're having problem with it while it has been shown to work for countless other people, then in all likelihood the problem is on your end, either in technique or in recovery.

Also, make sure you pick a program that's tailored to your goal. That's why I would have recommended Matthews. He's an aesthetics guy, not a strength guy.

You're telling me you quit his program because Veeky Forums laughed at you? Your confidence in the program must have been very low, which makes me doubt your level of investment in understanding it, which might be a big part of the problem to begin with. I can't know for sure but you did 3 programs in 9 month and presumably didn't really follow any one of them to even 80% accuracy. That kinda blows.

BUT, you did "it" for 9 months so presumably you're committed.

>3500 calories per day.

There is your problem. If you've been eating that way for 9 months, that explains why you're high body fat. You should be eating something like 2500 calories MAX.

>There is your problem. If you've been eating that way for 9 months, that explains why you're high body fat. You should be eating something like 2500 calories MAX.

That really depends on what you're doing. 3500 to 4000 cal can be perfectly adequate if you're making big gains. (He didn't make big gains.)

Shit man when you put it that way it really adds some serious perspective to what I've been doing.
>Thrall's Program
yeah it's from way back when he first launched a pay beginner program, I was a long time subscriber at that point and wanted to support him. I din't commit to "lifting" till 9 months ago though.

>Mike's Program
Veeky Forums said it was terrible for a beginner because it's a ppl program and that I was not getting enough rest in between work outs to allow my body to heal.
My confidence on the program was low though, I was really worn out every day from following it.

So what do you think I should do now?
Should I follow or go back to Mike?

Show your math please.

You're diet is shit. You've probably had a cheat day for the past 15 years. You looks like a wad of chewed up bubble gum.

>(he didn't make big gains.)
user why do you hurt me like that

epic bro-science, bro

It looks like you simply didn't exercise hard enough to burn through the 3500 calories/day you've been consuming. There are about 3500 calories in a pound of body fat, if you haven't been working out hard enough and have been consuming crappy foods leaving you with a surplus of 200-500 empty calories per day then that will equate to significant fat gains over a period of months.

>Pic Related just for (you)

My diet is clean, see But yeah evidently I haven't been pushing myself to stick to linear progression as I should have.
Atleast it's not too late to readjust and fix my training. :)

> The pic

These people are recommending a lot of what I would call accessory work which, in SS, is more or less prohibited for the beginner. But that's not the proper metric to evaluate what they're saying. I don't like to shit on other people's program. At the same time, what is it in their post that give you any confidence that their shit is gonna work? They're just some fucking randos on the internet. They don't make a living out of their programming. They don't have ahtletes to show off.

I look at an Austin Baraki and a Jordan Feigenbaum and I trust these guys. I look at Chase Lindley and I gets me thinking that SS can work.

Find you some serious people that managed to produce results and not some anonymous post on Veeky Forums. I don't care if it's SS exactly.

>ppl program and that I was not getting enough rest in between work outs to allow my body to heal.

How many times a week was it?

Follow the 5Cs.

Calisthenics
Curlbro routine
Cardio(can be anything from a long walk to playing a pickup game of basket ball)
Calorie control (if too big, eat fewer calories. If too little, eat more calories, if you feel like shit, eat a better source of calories.
Chill out(learning how to and creating strategies to deal with physical mental and emotional stressors is key to fitness longevity and good looks)

If you follow that, you'll look good, feel good, perform good, live good.

Day 1: Lift & cardio
Day 2: Lift
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Lift & cardio
Day 5: Lift & cardio
Day 6: Rest
Day 7: Lift

>DAY 1: Chest and Abs
Flat Bench Press – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets (4 – 6 reps per set)
Incline Bench Press – 3 working sets (4 – 6 reps per set)
Weighted Dip – 3 working sets (4 – 6 reps per set)
Cable Crunch – 3 sets (enough weight to allow 10 – 12 reps per set)
Captain’s Chair Leg Raise (no weight, as many as you can do) – 3 sets
Bicyles (no weight, as many as you can do) – 3 sets

>DAY 2: Back and Calves
Barbell Deadlift – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets
One-Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 working sets
Close-Grip Lat Pulldown – 3 working sets
Seated or Standing Calf Raise – 6 sets (enough weight to allow 10 – 12 reps per set)

>DAY 3: Shoulders
Seated Barbell Military Press – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets
Side Lateral Raise – 3 working sets
Bent-Over Rear Delt Raise – 3 working sets
Barbell Shrugs – 3 working sets

>DAY 4: Legs
Barbell Squat – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets
Leg Press – 3 working sets
Romanian Deadlift – 3 working sets

>DAY 5: Arms and Abs
Dumbbell Curl – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets
Triceps Pushdown – Warm-up sets and then 3 working sets
Barbell Curl – 3 working sets
Seated Triceps Press – 3 working sets
Cable Crunch – 3 sets
Captain’s Chair Leg Raise – 3 sets
Bicyles – 3 sets

Fixed it for you user

Is that really his novice program? Seems overly complex but then again I'm biased toward SS and strong lift, which only have 5 moves: (low bar) squat, deadlift, press, bench press, and either the power clean or the barbell row.

I mean, is this *really* his NOVICE program? You got this from one of his books which you read in its entirety?

Yes, it's from his book "BIGGER LEANER STRONGER
THE SIMPLE SCIENCE OF BUILDING THE ULTIMATE MALE BODY"
I read it entirely, and went back to it several times to double check some stuff.

looks like a hypertrophy routine to me.

desu SS is good to create a base of muscle, and then transition into a hypertrophy and cut.

There is some statistic to support a fullbody routine being good for beginners, as a novice you cant really lift at the intensity required to rest the next day. This doesnt last very long though... enjoy the noob gains.

>desu SS is good to create a base of muscle, and then transition into a hypertrophy and cut.

That's what I'm thinking. Coming from a SS background, this routine appears hellish but it's not like I can't properly evaluate how good it is. But, for someone with a knowledge of a SS type program, it registers as something you do after a simpler linear progression that got you to an intermediate level. It doesn't strike me as a thing you start with.

So wtf do I do? I want an athletic/aesthetic body that looks like I lift. Not this unshaped blob I occupy now D:

I told you, you gotta to invest to find something you trust. I only know SS pretty much.

I don't know why your first reflex is to trust anonymous people on this message board. There's no reason to trust people here. You don't pay them, they don't get paid by others, you've got no proof of their credential, and the amount of research you'll have to invest in order to get an answer is minimal.

Follow 5 Cs and find a sport to participate in.

SS is trash tier for aesthetics and athletics and s fit only for no lifer easily manipulated teens and adults.

Routine pls. I look very similiar to your first pic except with a bit meatier arms and pecs after lifting for about three months. I'm tired of twinkmode.

That's not him m8, it's a trip from /fraud/. he just ran test and tren.
Also doing any routine that a non natty would do is useless for you