How was /fitlit/ suppose to be a bad thing?

How was /fitlit/ suppose to be a bad thing?

there's not a huge intersection of dudes with huge muscles and dudes who've read hundreds of books.

they exist, absolutely, but the overlap is small.

>they exist, absolutely, but the overlap is small.

Also, they probably have better things to do than browse Veeky Forums

Speaking of /fitlit/, is the lifting advice in Antifragile (do mostly deadlifts, don't worry about routines, just try to lift more than you did last time) any good?

>there's not a huge intersection of dudes with huge muscles and dudes who've read hundreds of books.
Depends on the reason for getting fit, if they're just meatheads then sure but there are stacks of dudes here who came here due to being exposed to JBP or Tony robbins and are looking to put their lives back together and this is just 1 step on that road
The reason its a bad thing imo is b/c they think themselves superior b/c they read misc lit that has little real benefit to their daily lives. You're better off reading stuff that relates to the area you either work in, or want to work in, than you are reading "high literature".

It is very dangerous if you have strong, well read people

Name some authors you consider to be high literature. Because I honestly believe many people have a bad view of literature because they never learned how to read.

because Veeky Forums is a bunch of pseudointellectuals jerking themselves off for having read obscure bullshit

Should have been /fitsci/ desu.
Many philosophers/scientists of old were jacked af.

Not true. I’m lurking this thread right now. Sometimes one just has the urge to shitpost. Is there anything so wrong with that?

nobody is stopping anyone in this thread from starting daily "book" threads on Veeky Forums

the janitors on this bored literally do nothing except jack off to the /wheyfu/ threads

>You're better off reading stuff that relates to the area you either work in, or want to work in, than you are reading "high literature".
I think your opinion sucks

what about just reading things you're interested in?

We should all strive to die with beautiful bodies.

>/fitlit/
>not /fitlitpol/
reportin

book truck just arrive

Veeky Forums is full of underage communist LARPers and other Redditfags.

Someone cleaned there room. Sharp body and an even sharper mind is something we should all be striving to achieve.

All top-tier selections

because Veeky Forums is abject cancer
worst board on the site
>there's not a huge intersection of dudes with huge muscles and dudes who've read hundreds of books.
fucking kek
>he thinks Veeky Forums reads

I'd say I'm more Veeky Forums irl but I spend most of my little time on Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums doesn't fokin recycle memes nearly as much as this board, though.

Not him, but personally I don't enjoy reading fiction. If I'm reading, i want to be learning about something interesting - someone's biography, maybe history, a physics book, whatever.
If I'm reading fiction id rather just watch a movie.

Holy shit user's got some god tier taste.

Some of the great works of literature can really help open your mind, or can use metaphor to state beautiful things or ideas. I agree that you should also read things that help improve your life like Meditations by Aurelius, or Attacks by Rommel - but fiction is also superb

Meditations is a must read - several times over. The "Modern Library" translation is hands down the best, easiest to read that I've found. A lot of the others sound too much like Shakespeare to me.

>brainlets think that reading fiction will make them smarter
/fitsci/ is the true master race

>an old fucks diary
>muh stoicism

Back to with you lad

>Veeky Forums = fiction
Are you actually retarded

Those are some pretty good tier insertions not gonna lie

>starting new program that is working great
>just finished reading The Trial, Endgame, Rhinoceros and the Myth of Sisyphus
Feels good desu.

not being smart but strong means someone will just outsmart you and use your muscles against you

Is this achievable natty

Nigga, you can read meditations in a day. It should be required reading for every man or death by bullet.

It’s not that good brainlet

Stoicism is a shit-tier philosophy

Probably. He's pretty damn lean, but arms, traps and shoulders aren't that big and the lighting is very good in the picture. Very close to natty limit, though.

Thought this was a PS4 from thumbnail

Lmao still waiting for you to come up with anything that can even smell the lingering farts of the superior stoa.

You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once fruitful and barren and uncertain: imagine to yourselves INDIFFERENCE as a power--how COULD you live in accordance with such indifference? To live--is not that just endeavoring to be otherwise than this Nature? Is not living valuing, preferring, being unjust, being limited, endeavouring to be different? And granted that your imperative, "living according to Nature," means actually the same as "living according to life"--how could you do DIFFERENTLY? Why should you make a principle out of what you yourselves are, and must be? In reality, however, it is quite otherwise with you: while you pretend to read with rapture the canon of your law in Nature, you want something quite the contrary, you extraordinary stage-players and self-deluders! In your pride you wish to dictate your morals and ideals to Nature, to Nature herself, and to incorporate them therein; you insist that it shall be Nature "according to the Stoa," and would like everything to be made after your own image, as a vast, eternal glorification and generalism of Stoicism! With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise-- and to crown all, some unfathomable superciliousness gives you the Bedlamite hope that BECAUSE you are able to tyrannize over yourselves--Stoicism is self-tyranny--Nature will also allow herself to be tyrannized over: is not the Stoic a PART of Nature?

Bitch.

Still waiting for something that's even half as good and true as the glorious stoa.

But feel free to post some more "Nietzsche quotes sophists on something they don't understand" for a laff.

You’re a blithering idiot, the reason there’s nothing as good as ‘muh Stoa’ is because ‘muh Stoa’ is literally meaningless. There is no principle to it, there is no way to judge what is good or bad, there is no point. It’s an empty idea that masquerades as a philosophy while really containing as much wisdom as a greetings card.

I’m not going to stop you jerking off to the ramblings of a senile old Roman emperor, but don’t pretend it makes you englightened lmao

To all those who actually want to be /fitlit/ but are poor
Libgen dot io
You’re welcome

>he settles for the ramblings of a crippled German incel

ehheh

Still waiting for what you think is good and or important, then. Or are you one of them fellas that reject thinking in general?

In the meanwhile, I'll let the intuitionalists, naturalists, nihilists etc know that some wojak brainlet has decided that these are empty ideas.

>there is no way to judge what is good or bad
Whoops! Seems like you were looking for soy-tier prescriptivism. Maybe you are lost?

>entry-level stoicism
>good reads
stoicism is a decent idea, sure, but this is just embarrassing, user

Real /lits/ left urges behind long ago.

Not even going to indulge such a brainlet response with an answer.
I’m personally a Rule Utilitarian.

>Utilitarian
you must be 18 to post here

I’m a Rule Utilitarian, there’s a difference, sweetie.

Yes, the difference is that it's utilitarianism for brainlets that can't think for themselves in complex situations.

I suppose you’d prefer it if the law applied itself perfectly to every specific decision one has to ever make in life?

There are a lot of late teens early twenties anons working on improving themselves, two of the most efficient ways of doing so is physical fitness and reading. I am certain a lot of people that post here are like that

No, because I'm not a brainlet prescriptivist. I also fail to see how law and morality are related, nor how if they were you attacking your own position of rule universality would make sense.
Is this truly how double digits see the world?

>I also fail to see how law and morality are related

>he thinks Veeky Forums lifts

cheers user

Thats the categorical imperative, which is much more logical than any silly utilitarian theory.

rule utilitarianism is basically deontology plus hedonistic calculus, user

Feels are not reals, how can you quantify them?

laws vary wildly over time, place, political structure etc.
Deontological morality is supposed to be universal and immutable.
Yet somehow in anons brainlet world these two are the same.

Please please please at least read into the basics of your own morality before ripping on superior people like the user that got some new books.

Entry level

I'm not a utilitarian, so you are barking up the wrong tree. But compare it to descartes result of the systematic doubt and you might find that fee fees are the only reallies.

At one point in history has it ever been legal to kill people user

Progressive brain overload. Good start.

*what

Meh Veeky Forums is like an off day for your brain.

Yes. And since you have the mental capacity of a banana and no historical concept of anything prior to the rise of states I'll use a simple example: The death penalty in modern western states, as well as the rather concept of self defense are two recent, common examples of legal murder.

You can't really be a proper beast Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums at the same time, all those exercising does your mental focus in and makes it harder for you to concentrate.

Maybe if you're a retard. In normal people fitness increases focus.

Fine, I’ll respond to your question about changes in law being a disproval if immutable moral laws by saying that if a culture has a law which does not respect Rule Utility, then it is the culture that is wrong, not the system.

Ok thanks for agreeing that law and morality are unrelated in all non-perfect societies, being a supergroup of all extant societies.

That literally wasn’t even the argument

ok

Point out where it went wrong so we can get back on track.

Yeah for normal people, but when you train on a higher/more intense volume than the lazy normies exercise actually starts have negative effects on your focus.

You fithy dyel weak faggot, you fucking retard, you dumb piece of shit that thinks reading a books raises your IQ(I actually think you believe that), you come off as your that retarded. You sound just like another piece of human trash, into the trash with you user, you're fucking garbage and that's where you belong.

calm down

Not him but
>Your that retarded
Nice going genius. Maybe read a book after all

Thanks for your (You) and your inspiring post. I'll frame them and hang them over my bed.

/fitlit/ wont fix dick deficiency

it helps you pick partners that are not roasties tho

What if you're /fitlitsci/

Also you can get Audible for free, you will get a free audiobook, then when you cancel you can get another, and then 3 months at half the price, that' 5 audiobooks for like 30 bucks, pretty good.

try being /fitlit/ when your CNS is constantly on the on the edge, try studying immunology when you can't even concentrate for more than a minute at a time because you feel like you're always on the edge and you have ADHD meds but can't take that shit because it only buts more stress on the body til you're grinding your teeth and all clenched up and your heartrate is going 160 bpm and you feel numbness in your penis and feel like your joints are drying up.

I confused law and morality, I said law when I meant moral law

try not being a GDE

Oh, that makes sense. My bad for not picking up on it.

>GDE
what?

>you feel numbness in your penis
you're overtraining grip is the problem

try not being one

Disgusting /fitjp/ here.

>MFW having more trouble with Sun and Steel than Muramasa or Subahibi
I took a peak at the English translation, but the translator sure did simplify/translate away a lot of shit. It helped with getting myself oriented in wtf Mishima meant at times, though.

where do you work out?

>tfw kanji game is weak
JLPT2 equivalent conversational skills, but N3 kanji at best.

Speak for yourself bro. I bench 250 and have read 3 Dostoyevsky books

at the gym

Nah it was my fault I’m phoneposting and not very awake rn

what a fag

still 160 below the 120+ record.
>weak

This is the true patrician mode.

Why am I a fag?

>Subahibi
what?