/fat/ - Pulling The Trigger Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication
>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>This is your threadly reminder to recalculate your TDEE periodically as you lose weight

>Plan your diet and see your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with
MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>myfitnesspal group
community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/124559-fat-to-fit

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/minijello/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

afternoon fatties
I’m 189 pounds finishing up my night.
This was my dinner - irregular because I’m on my university’s food reveiw board. I fell for the Caesar salad though, I usually don’t eat with dressing.
REPLY WITH MYFITNESSPAL

I couldn't find sardines packed in water where I'm living, but luckily I checked my import website.

Hoping the omega 3 cuts my ldl cholesterol down when I fucked it up on keto. Never doing that again.

How do you stop yourself from binging on the weekend?

>Started working out Jan of last year at 260lbs
>221 as of yesterday, steadily getting stronger
My goal was to get back into the same shape/strength as when I was in high school. As of last night, I'm the strongest as I have ever been in my life. All I eat are oats, chicken, whey, and track my macros. I hope I can keep getting stronger as I get down to my goal of 200lbs. Feels good lads

Stats-
Bench: 280
Squat: 315
Diddly: 405
1/2/3/4 feels good m8

keto

dotn know where to post so..
is hiit like crossfit in the sense that it kills gains?
ive been practicing kickbox and did no lifting, the workout is basically 10mins of hiit and then we do around 200 abs exercises after the training, ive been feeling weaker, is this related? i thought i was getting strength from this but im not sure

I'm starting to look forward to every meal like I used to look forward to every cigarette.

>only 3 hours to go... 2 hours... 1 hour... 30 minutes...

>tfw lost 17 pounds in a month of keto + 1500 calories a day

>four matches on Tinder, two dates this week

>Drastically reduced drinking from every night to once a week at best, now focusing on cutting down/quitting cigs

On the road to making it

Start height/weight?

same... food is survival and a reward now, not just pure indulgence
Good stuff bro!!! What weight are you now?

5'8, started at 260, 243 now. Only broke Keto for Superb Owl day. I go over my calories once or twice a week with liquor, and on my birthday last month. But stayed keto.

No exercise either quite yet, just keto and eating at a deficit. Feels good guys. We are all gonna make it!

>started last year at 265
>currently at 230
Not bad, I guess.

You're gonna make it, brah.

I really want to go keto, but I need to replenish those glycogen storages since I'm doing couch to 5k while eating 1500cal a day. I might just finish my carby foods and get the keto flu over with. 6'2 220lb here.

Nice bro, just started lifting myself on January of this year. I'm already seeing good stuff, my legs look a lot less caved in because my hamstrings were too weak and thighs were overactived. Currently at 236 burger lbs at 6'3'.

How tall are you?

Keto feels good. After breaking for a day I felt sluggish. Genuinely no desire to break again. Of course I don't know how well it works with exercise or not. I'd say you should give it a shot.

WHO
SAUCE?
PLEASE

I swear I'll go to the gym every day for a week if given

found her on my own, now i can fap and avoid the gym
instagram.com/minijello/?hl=en

How do I plan a diet for losing weight while lifting at the same time? Don't lifting diets and weight loss diets kind of conflict with each other?

>had two slices of garlic bread with my steak tonight
JUST
I'm still under my caloric limit but it still makes me feel like shit

So just lift while on a cutting diet. Read the wiki retard.

Developing muscle burns body fat more quickly. You might gain more WEIGHT as you progress in lifting, but you will lose more FAT.

Well, not entirely true. You might stall on WEIGHT, or continue to lose weight. But you'll look and feel better.

It's true that lifting MIGHT restrict your true weight loss in terms of pounds, but your body will look better.

Good stuff bro, keep it up. We're gonna make it. I feel my legs grow after every leg-day.

I'm 5'8". I think I was able to get strength back up quicker because it's where I was strength wise before I let myself go for a bit.

Enjoy your low test. Not gonna make it

As of today I’ve lost 29 lbs in about 7 weeks. I’m 5’11” and am currently 249 lbs, down from 278 when I started. I didn’t begin this journey expecting to lost that much weight that fast. My question is how do I ensure this weight loss is sustainable. Because I know that popular advice is that “crash diets don’t work.”

That's bothering me right now is that I wish I could go to the gym. last time when I did I lost up to 50 lb and was finally eating right

>tfw fatty deciding to make a change and lose weight and get fit
>go to doctors for check up and everything is good
>go get blood tests and find out I may have the diabetes

Damn it all, gonna have to keep and eye on this to avoid anything bad happening in place.

Happy with losing about 10kg in the past 3 weeks though

First off, congrats on the progress so far. Sounds like a solid start. I'm 5'11 and dropped from 240lbs to 150lbs in about 8 months. What I can say is that doing intermittent fasting really helped me as it helps you maintain muscle mass, potentially avoid loose skin and keeps your appetite at bay if you do it right.

But as for sustaining it once you've reached your goal? It's important to not reach your goal weight and go right back to old habits..... or even CLOSE to old habits. You're gonna want to reach your goal weight and then eat at maintenance for at least a few weeks. Another good way is to slowly increase your calories every week. So say you've been eating a 500 calorie deficit, then once you reach your goal you drop it to a 400 calorie deficit one week then a 300 and so on. Then it's up to you to decide if you want to bulk or maintain.

Personally, I'm trying to bulk so I'm eating about a 500 calorie surplus but that's with quite a bit of exercise. But another thing I've done is set a limit for my weight. I've decided that at some point I'll probably take it easier on the constant calorie counting and whatnot but that I will continue to weigh myself on a regular basis. My weight ceiling is 170lbs. If I EVER get up to that weight I'm starting a cut right then and there as there is no excuse for me to be that heavy. 179 is overweight for our height so keeping my limit at 170 is just an extra precaution. Only reason I will raise that ceiling is if I build up a lot of muscle mass, but I'm nowhere near that right now. Anyway, sorry for the rambling but that's just a collection of all the tedious bullshit I've learned over the course of losing weight. Hopefully at least some of that applies to you in a useful way.

Anyone else losing fat so their dick looks bigger? I'm at 5.5", I could really use another half inch

I forgot to mention in the second paragraph that it's important to ease your way off of eating at a deficit because your metabolism is much slower now. So if you went back to eating 3,000 calories a day on average you could potentially gain back 20lbs in a month. I know people who have done this and it's pretty depressing honestly. You have a much lower BMR now anyway, but eating at a deficit makes your metabolism even slower than it would normally be so easing yourself off a cut will hopefully allow you to be able to eat a bit more in the long run and not hold the weight as easily.

Thanks for The input. I know that in order to sustain any kind of weight loss there needs to be a totally new approach to diet, and lifestyle in general, which is what I’m working on. I just seem to keep reading everywhere that rapid weight loss will inevitably lead to regaining all, if not more weight, and this thought terrifies me. I just needed some reassurance that this doesn’t always have to be the case. That’s even though I’ve been averaging 4 lbs a week, I don’t inevitably have to gain it all back.

Remember to eat your carbs

Remember to get before and after pics for your Lenten fast.

i'm planning on getting to goal weight and then adding 100 calories a day, one week at a time. so

>week 1: 1500-1600
>week 2: 1600-1700
>etc until i get to my maintenance goal

Do you think that will work?

Yeah, I ran into that worry a few months back actually. There was a study done on just a handful of past "biggest loser" competitors and it found that all of them but one either gained all of the weight back or a substantial amount. But a lot of publications glossed over that it was just done on a few people and implied that pretty much anyone who lost a lot of weight quickly would gain it back. It's definitely a common thing and easy to do, but you can definitely avoid it.

Trips don't lie, this is a solid plan m8. I can say that it can be very tempting when you get near or reach your goal to just have a celebration or something and go all out but it's really worthwhile to ease back up to eating more. If you can pull that off then you're already doing better than a large percentage of post-crash dieters.

I have a close friend who lost like 60lbs in a few months and a brother who did roughly the same. My brother lost the weight in about 6 months and then 6 months later was back to his old weight, if not a bit bigger. My friend has been fluctuating by about 30lbs up and down every few months since then. It's definitely been good motivation to me for keeping myself steady. I've been resting around 150 for several months now and I still have room for cheat days and eating unhealthy foods. But I also know when I need to cut down and limit myself too.

Motivation for fatties. 1.5yrs ago I was left, found /fat/, got motivated to make it, right was sept last year and bottom is current. On my first bulk and making gains into lifts.

You can do it guys, remember, we’re all making it!

I wasted my entire weekend and even today eating like shit and wallowing in self misery. Probably gained like five pounds. I have mental problems, a food/comfort addiction, extreme self loathing and I live, save for some menial interactions with people in my classes, in complete and total isolation 24/7. Basically living like that makes keeping up motivation to be healthy and lose weight like climbing mount everest. I know I have to lose this weight or else I begin risking significant health problems to myself, and I abhor having to look at the monstrous piece of shit that I am every day and having to try to just accept that and continue to have my day, but I just don't know what to do anymore. I can't live in this complete isolation and be expected to do anything positively affecting my physical health, it's simply not possible. For reference, I spent a few weeks with my dad abroad recently and lost like 20 pounds during that time but once I got back to my college campus and the eternal isolation kicked back in, I've been miserable and my eating habits have slowly degraded back into the hell slump they love most. help me dear god

why the fuck am i sitting here eating fucking pasta again

why the fuck is it always 3am when i stuff my body full of junk

WHY THE FUCK CANT I JUST KEEP MY FUCKING MOUTH SHUT

IM DRILL SOME HOLES IN MY FACE SO I CAN ATTACH A FUCKING LOCK IM FUCKING DONE

yeah you know what
i am so fat my dick only peeks out a quarter of an inch

i'm glad that pasta is the one food i don't crave. i work with people who eat it literally every day for YEARS, and they say they usually eat pasta for dinner as well.

I don't like pasta, thankfully.

raw cauliflower instead of rice a good option?

I don't know who told you that Crossfit kills gains,but you should stop listening to them

How long does this stalling last? I haven't lost weight in the last month or so.

I'm fucking miserable guys.

Whenever I cut I feel almost sick. I know it's because I'm "cutting too hard" but I legitimately don't see results unless I push myself like that. I actually take breaks every 4 or so pounds because it's killing me.

What do I fucking do. I'm 177 and 6'0, so I'm pretty close to my goal but it gets harder the less you weigh. Anything to help ease the pain/make it go faster?

Use a shredder either by hand or food processor attachment and then squeeze them a little with paper towels to get the water out and you can cook it in a pan just like rice. Coconut oil as a good fat to sautee it in and add an egg and a little ground ginger and you have fried rice cauliflower that tastes delicious.

do you have any stretch marks?

It depends. Have you noticed any improvements in your body, even if you aren't dropping weight?

Try changing it up. Overeat for a day or two. Take a day off lifting and do twice as much as cardio. Just switch it up, it's entirely possible your body is just used to your routine.

None I can see but I’m hairy af. My skin is also extremely oily and repairs really well so I don’t think so.

So just how bad are carbs for us really? Like, I'm not doing a keto diet or anything but from the way some people talk about carbs it's like eating bread or pasta of any sort is basically pointless and we don't need them at all and the only carbs we should get are from shit like fruits and vegetables or maybe nuts or something.

Should I try to avoid any carb heavy foods? Or is it just a meme and everything is ok in moderation?

Muscular guy here. Just wanted to pop in and tell you disgusting fat sacks of shit that I was you four years ago @ 300lb 6'0" and by now all of my loose skin is gone and my stretch marks are barely noticeable. You can do it, you embarrassing globular hambeasts

Many carbs are absorbed into the body as sugar. So really the question is "how bad is sugar for us really?"

Everything is ok in moderation. I think people demonize carbs because in the most popular forms (rice, bread, pasta, sugar) they are easy to overeat and nutritionally meaningless. There isn't any reason to eat them, really, when you should be getting nutrients from carbohydrate containing foods like vegetables or legumes.

But having a side of pasta with a main course of meat and veggies won't kill you.

Thanks for the support, man.

I'm a 5"4 manlet around 157lbs down from roughly 240 at my heaviest. I still have a large gut and tits, but they're shrinking / getting floppy. I'm finally seeing muscle in my arms and legs as the fat fades away (lifting 3x a week).

I guess it didn't sink in how much I've lost until I typed it out now. I'm almost at a healthy weight.

My dinner and total

Question for anyone who was fat, when you lost the weight did you also get taller? I'm a youngfag(19) and I was wondering if I could also get some height gains. Currently 280 lbs and 6' but gonna do a fast all throughout lent.

fast every other day , feel deprived half the time .

snorting medicinal cocaine brb

Weighed in at 100,5 kgs yesterday lads, down from 110 on January 1st. Unless I fuck it up totally, I'll finally weigh less than 100 kgs next Monday!

We're all gonna make it.

You could try OMAD or intermittent fasting since your so close to your goal. If you want to get it over weight fast, however, try a hard dry fast for 3 days to lose a lot of loose skin and slim up

>rode my new bike for 10 minutes
>already tired

Got any tips to encourage chest hair growth?

Mine only grows in abundance around my nipples, my chest looks deforested in comparison.

How in the fuck is 4 oz of chicken wings 220 calories?

>decide to make spicy wings
>buy some habeneros
>buy some chicken wings
>check package
>220 calories for every 4 ounces
>6 wings is 26.3 ounces
>roughly 1500 calories for 6 wings

The batter and the oil usually.

It doesnt have any batter or oil. This is just raw chicken wings.

Yes user, but remember... everybody is a beginner at the start. You’ll make it one day

Are you sure you looked up raw with skin and bone?

>Decide to make my own boiled eggs for the first time (family usually makes em)
>Don't wanna fuck up so I google boiling times etc
>Learn you're not supposed to leave the eggs boiling on the stove for half an hour
>You're actually meant to bring the water to boil then take them off the stove before leaving them for 13 minutes
>tfw no more green eggs

I have no idea how such a shitty boiling meme became the standard in my family.

I mean on the back of the package of wings it says 210 calories for every 4 ounces. This is what myfitnesspal says.

Also
>cutting up habeneros
>use the bathroom while its cooking
>asshole now on fire because I forgot to wash my hands beforehand

Youre counting the weight of the bone. The package is only counting the weight of the meat.

>tfw lost 27 pounds on Keto
>they fucked up my haircut so I have to wait for it to grow back take pics of new facial aesthetic

I hear you bro
>try making scrambled eggs
>look up usual cooking temperature
>not realize my family's stove is shitty so you need to crank it up
>undercook the eggs, think they're fine
>decide to make a little salad
>put spinach in a bowl, put eggs on top
>sprinkle bacon bits on there
>top it off with parmesan
>take a bite
>realize eggs are undercooked
>microwave them
>dad comes in
>"What're you making, son?"
>"Oh, I made scrambled eggs and mixed it with spinach and bacon."
>"Oh, like an omelette?"
>mfw I made a deconstructed omelete
>I had to finish the eggs in the fucking microwave

>do ONE max-effort deadlift grinder
>lower back hurts for days

meanwhile

>do high volume deadlifts and lower back isolation
>lower back feels great

What does this mean?

Only gonna eat a couple to be safe. Heres a pic.

Mixed together some lemon juice, habenero, soy sauce, butter, onion and garlic. Basted it over the wings

Lookin' tasty, brah

Anyone here doing Int Fasting?
I'm doing it but still need to keep my calories down below 1800. I just got a gym membership so i will start working out again.
Any other fasters have any advice on diet and food eaten within the 8 hour window?

Raynor lookin good

this is atrocious

>eating 1500cal a day
>only slightly hungry

Something doesn't seem right. I was expecting massive hunger. I do drink a ton of water and black coffee though.

I agree, it's really weird. I feel really groggy after a meal now and kind of regret eating.

How many calories do you all think is in a buffalo/bbq chicken wrap made with a wheat tortilla with nothing but lettuce and chicken in it?

350? 400?

Weigh that thing.

We don't know how big it was. If you can't measure the tortilla, just search MFP and pick one, or search the individual components you know were in it.

If you're unsure, just don't eat any more today.

never gonna make it

>do 20 squats
>several hours pass
>can no longer stand up
>still struggling to even lift myself up a bit from the toilet to wipe my own ass 3 days later
How am I ever going to progress? Should I just kill myself?

The DOMS go away eventually and they wont be as bad next time. I lifted weights for the first time in years and my arms were in immense pain for like a week. The next time I lifted just as hard and I didnt get DOMS at all.

I just found out that the king of my country has died. I'm on the other side of the planet, and honestly never really cared about the royal family, but this is making me feel in a very specific, solemn nationalistic way.

I want to work out now, in honor of the king, but it's a rest day.

im so fucking hungry bros

i just want to go downstairs and grab that entire box of toaster strudels

im not gonna make it bros

R8 my day m8s

Half cup of cottage cheese
Can of sardines in mustard sauce
Beef jerky
1/8 cup of peanuts
Pork Chop
Chicken

1200 calories. I've been doing 1500 cals a day but im fucking stuffed.

why do you even have toaster strudels in your house? throw them out.

never. gonna. make it.

Squatting when inexperienced (which I assume you are) kills all the muscles in your lower body. First time I squatted I had so much pain, literally sitting still was strenous. It will get better.

If you pee on them I dont think youll want to eat them. Whenever I wanted to quit smoking weed Id always toss it in the toilet.

i paid $3 for this box, im not just going to throw them out

I had just enough calories leftover today i could have one, as long as i stay under 1500 im good

>all the food in my fridge went bad
So I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I'm planning on getting:

>romaine lettuce
>parmesan cheese
>pre-grilled chicken pieces
>a little bit of Caesar salad dressing
What else should I get?

>i value a 3 dollar box of processed carbs more than losing wight

never
gonna
make it

Cans of sardines for cheap and filling snacks, celery and hummus, maybe some greek yogurt or eggs. People always say healthy food is expensive but ever since cutting I spend like 40 bucks every week and a half on groceries.