Why do you do it, Veeky Forums?

Why do you do it, Veeky Forums?

Why do you lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I dont

This.
I just make fun of other people's shit routines and bodies.

Life is suffering

Sadness goes away for a while. I just need to lift harder.

I believe the only value worth cultivating is strength. Be that physical, mental, or emotional.

because I hate myself

Because it’s fun
To be a sexy cunt
To be a good role model and superhero to my son
Because good body+good career = quality woman (hopefully)

Hopefully one day I'll be Veeky Forums (physically and mentally) enough so that a woman will actually be attracted to me and I won't have to pay hookers just to have some kind of female contact

This so much. The gym is one of the increasingly few places I feel good about myself.

Because not being proud of your physical self is every bit as important, if not more, than being rich, funny or smart, or any other admirable trait.
For every gram of fat you gain, or every bit of fitness/strength you lose from a daily stagnant existence is literally making the simple job of surviving a little harder each day.
Fuck that.

That and it allows me to choose the most difficult part of my day, meaning any shit I went through at work or at home is but a speck of inconvenience compared to a leg session that leaves your eyes bloodshot and your body completely shagged.

Because being proud*

/thread

So I have an excuse to roid and die early, avoiding a life consumed by the stupid business I run.

Wanna get into the Marines

so I don't have to feel

So I dont hate myself as much when I look in the mirror.

I lift to fight.
I fight so I can fuck people up.

I lift to lift away the feels

Same. Going to OCS this summer.

to kill time

I think it's fun desu. Seeing results feels good

I haven't been to the gym in a while but when I went to the gym I did it because I fucking hated myself

If you keep to fitness you'll be ahead of your fellow devil pups, I hate the fatties that manage to squeeze in and so does everyone else. Pull ups (Back/Bi) and running will be your bread and butter. Especially you OCS boi, your going to run almost every fucking day.

Because I've never seen my body at a normal, healthy weight.

Never properly developed socially, dysfunctional family, weak father who projected his insecurities on me. I appear normal to others, which makes my shortcomings all the more frustrating since I think under slightly different circumstances I could have been a fully functional person. I lift to deal with that frustration.

because as a human, happiness is fleeting
we become content
the only way to be happy is to have constant failures and successes
just like with every other part of my life, I achieve success, then sabotage it so I can then later achieve success again
I do the same with lifting.
diet and training locked down for a year, then stop lifting and shrink.

it's the only way to truly be happy.
anything else is just content.

I joined the army now u can say I've been to countrys not everyone in my town has been to, I've eaten shit most people wont (including dog in Asia) I've repeled out of a Blackhawk, I shot a m249 machine gun untill the grass downrang was on fire, I've done shit you only see in video games and movies, shit most people won't do that's why I lift it sets me apart from your ordinary individual

What I don't understand about myself is why the fuck I come onto this board. I don't even go to the gym I'm an emaciated holocaust faggot. I come on here to try to share feels about my pathetic life or at least see others in my situation and we can talk for support, but then I just get angry because I see how most guys on this board are very socially adjusted, good with girls, rich with great jobs and just get upset that even on a Veeky Forums board I can't relate to anyone

I lift because I couldn't save her.

you have the shittiest routine if you dont lift at all you know

At this point i just workout to watch my self with a pump.

mostly as a healthy coping mechanism. so much crazy shit happens to me man, I'm lucky if I get through a week without almost dying (1st world country) and don't even get me started on rejection and emotional issues. I need to be the strongest man I can become to handle life constantly trying to put me down.

I did it at first to become the man that I thought my gf, at the time, deserves. After taking the first napkin and breaking up with her, I realized that I lift to be the man I know I can be.

To defeat Liquid.

it makes me feel like there is some form of struggle or adversity in my otherwise squalid and hollow life.
im ready to die.

For my mental health, aesthetics, my god tier bf and healthy babies.

I started for sports. I kept at it, because it's fun

>tfw been lifting for 6 months as a means of getting over my ex
>tfw it's not working at all

You'll find someone new to fill the void, or you can you can find someone to kind of stop the leaking.

Because I'm sick of being a fat cunt so I started about a month ago

>ex gf of mine passed away
I used to lift for this one girl, who I still have feelings for. However it just hurt right now, I just want to be the healthiest I can be.

Because I'm going to be Hokage one day desu

for the thots

Because I might as well get yoked and shredded vs being a skinny fat weakling.

Fuq, same. Although nearly 18 months for me ;_; It's a hard life living the traditional route, but the girls and quality of life down the road are worth it.

>used to lift because gf broke up with me
>wanted to get confident and not be morbidly obese
>now at a normal weight
>wanna keep going because working at a software company terrifies me because every mother fucker there is either a twig or fat as fuck with very little inbetween

how about financial? I suppose it overlaps with mental and emotional in some ways.

All kings, and all their favourites,
All glory of honours, beauties, wits,
The sun it self, which makes time, as they pass,
Is elder by a year now than it was
When thou and I first one another saw.
All other things to their destruction draw,
Only our love hath no decay;
This no to-morrow hath, nor yesterday;
Running it never runs from us away,
But truly keeps his first, last, everlasting day.

Two graves must hide thine and my corse;
If one might, death were no divorce.
Alas! as well as other princes, we
—Who prince enough in one another be—
Must leave at last in death these eyes and ears,
Oft fed with true oaths, and with sweet salt tears;
But souls where nothing dwells but love
—All other thoughts being inmates—then shall prove
This or a love increasèd there above,
When bodies to their graves, souls from their graves remove.

And then we shall be throughly blest;
But now no more than all the rest.
Here upon earth we’re kings, and none but we
Can be such kings, nor of such subjects be.
Who is so safe as we? where none can do
Treason to us, except one of us two.
True and false fears let us refrain,
Let us love nobly, and live, and add again
Years and years unto years, till we attain
To write threescore; this is the second of our reign.
John Donne

To combat diabetes, hypertension, poor back posture, to feel accomplishment and push myself further and to make the feels go away.
And also for her.

saved

>or you can you can

Veeky Forums lifts because they are stuck in their high school years wishing they could be the jock that bullied them in their adult years. That's literally it. No one is here on noble pursuits, they're just fucking vain yet self-loathing faggots wishing they could finally "make it" and have a girl make accidental split second eye contact with them. This is the board that treated some Arab bogan from Australia like a celebrity because he took some roids and started having random sex with streetwalkers.

Third worst board on Veeky Forums after /soc/ and Veeky Forums. You guys are fucking lame.

I lift for Allah and his prophet, to spread the message is islam!

based

for fun, to get stronger, and to give my ego a bit more substance

i develop translational stem cell cancer therapies

Genuinely makes me happy and feel the best, looking good to Stacy is just the frosting on the cake

I learned the way of iron while crusading against the Saracens.

I mean, if you have a sound mind you'll find a way to make yourself an asset to someone and you'll earn money by extension

I'm hoping that this works for me. Going on 18mo myself after a 6 year relationship. Although her life had gone to shit and is a welfare cuck. I'm the fittest I've ever been, I'm a rewarding career, and in great health. I hope I find a traditional qt to accompany me in my traditional life

Makes me feel happy for a short period of time.

Lol

Nice meme

I do it to prove to myself that I can

The rush of good feelings. I have been rejected five time now this past year for varying reasons and I just don't care really anymore.

no u

youtube.com/watch?v=Rhl5K0mTSKY

I lift in a vain attempt at getting a girlfriend so my family will stop making jokes during family gatherings about me being lonely and the retarded question, "When are you going to get a girlfriend?" which always ends with everyone laughing.

Started lifting when my cousin introduced it to me. It felt good so I continued.

I lift to be more aesthetic, strong and to be a person my brother can look up to.

Feels good man

because i was fat fuck i got like 10 pounds in a year doing nothing and i don't want to become even fatter. (still some fat to get rid of tho)
also i used to sweat and be tired over nothing, i've fixed that and i don't want to go back.

also, my body was the only thing i wasn't proud of about myself.

To become what my father once aimed to be and to become /fitlit/. It keeps me going and is one of the few thing that can get me out of my bed.

4women

to look better and to be stronger

Same. Whats the age difference between you and your lil bro

8 years

France died a while back buddy. you gotta let her go

Little sisters.

I lift for my 2 GFs; so that they get more from me than they otherwise would, so that I can look the role of provider, and so that I'm fit enough to father and raise their children.

>tfw mormon

I fuckin wish I was mormon (Roman Catholic)
I am a polygamy legalization advocate though.

To compensate for the fact that I was a fatass most of my life. I'm 6'2", was 285 lb at my heaviest, now I'm down to 215. Still think I'm a fatty but I'm doubling down on the grind in 2018 to achieve my full physical potential.

I'm trying to achieve a unrealistic goal in order to prove i'm more than i actually am, so maybe that fucking itch in the back of my head will leave me alone