How do I stop biting my nails?

how do I stop biting my nails?

>he doesnt bite his calluses
never gonna make it

Form some willpower and stop.

you don't
lifetime nail biter
I get them started and tear them the rest of the way

there's clear polish you can buy on amazon that tastes like garbage and you'll learn real quick that you can't do it anymore.

Let em get long and then clip/sand them until they're smooth. After awhile you'll stop the urge to tear at them. Probably will still pick at them with your teeth but as long as you're not tearing you're good. The purpose of them is to clean your teeth anyway.

I stopped when I got braces years ago and couldn't bite them. Since then it's been more hassle to bite them than not to, I feel sick after I do (probably germs)

this

i had lots of addicitons and those were nothing compared to nail biting. Quitting smoking after 10 years, stop drinking alcohol, it was all piss easy compared to this.

It's hard wired in your brain. You cant stop. It's the same as holding your breath untill you die. Not possible unless you physically restrain yourself like wear gloves for 5 years in a row and then you pull them off and then you start to bite again

Just give up and dont try to bite untill they start to bleed or untill you can hold salted chips anymore or when the infections go too bad

wtf is this that serious of a thing

>tfw have perfect square nails because I never bit them
fucking naillets, when will they learn

I bite the sides of my fingers till they bleed and it makes me want to kill myself

I ripped my big toenail off once

been a nail biter as long as i can remember, longest ive gone was a couple weeks. tried to stop countless times. shit sucks yo

i know you weirdo

I don't even bite my nails anymore, now I just pick at them with nail clippers for the same result. Need to just forced myself to quit, might get some of those grip strength trainers (those things you squeeze idk what they're called) and just squeeze them whenever I get the urge

See pic. Understand the habit is infantile.

you never bit a nail in your life

I mean if that’s what you believe then I can’t change your mind. I struggled with nail biting and hated myself for it for so long. It finally clicked one day and I just stopped. It’s a gross habit. I still cheek bite and idk if I’ll ever be able to stop doing that.

Lifelong nail biter here.

What worked for me was to choose one finger - only one - and consider it COMPLETELY off limits. The other nine can be bloody stumps, but you WON'T BITE that ONE. You can stop biting just one right?

Once you get a nail on your first finger that has grown out - you can clip and clean it. Take pride in grooming it and say hello to your first new nail! Then move on to your second finger...and so on.

Over time my nails got stronger - and I started to take pride in them.

I still bite when I'm stressed, but I have all 10 nails grown out at the moment!

>mfw oneitis joked how nasty my nails were and that I looked like a coke adddict
jokes on you bitch, my nails are perfect now

My man me too, just something calls me to rip it out along with other nails...

do you mean cuticles? the trick is to fuck them up so bad they throb with heat and pain the next day.

Buy the nail polish that tastes like shit and get a manicure so your nails look good and ask them to put that on.
After that, keep reapplying them as needed and you'll stop in no time.

1) Cut off your fingers
2) Pull out your teeth
3) New outfit - straight jacket
4) Pick up smoking

I've never been able to kick the habit permanently, but I can tell you what has worked at least temporarily for me. Rather than biting like running your teeth under the nail if that makes sense? Cleaning them out with your teeth? Gross I know but nail biting is just as gross and you still get the sensation of your nails in your mouth.

Hope that helps somewhat, I was able to stop for like three months before moving sent me on a nervous, nail biting breakdown.

Dude it fucking sucks how you can wait weeks for them to get nice and pretty and just chew them down to bloody, painful stubs in minutes
It's worse than cigarettes, it's like if someone was trying to stop smoking but the cigarettes grew out of their skin for free