Can I get a form check? This is basically how low I squat, not sure if my lower back is straight enough though...

Can I get a form check? This is basically how low I squat, not sure if my lower back is straight enough though. Pretty sure my hips tilt forward due to my short hams. Been trying to stretch my hams for a while now, nothing seems to work. Wot do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/picking-the-squat-thats-rght-for-you
youtube.com/watch?v=tNAN2yLcw9w#t=03m55
youtube.com/watch?v=Db6tIH35-R8&t=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you're trying to describe buttwink, which i think you are, stretching your hamstrings isn't going to do anything

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk

ASS TO GRASS

To low for your bad form.
Google buttwink and how to cure it.

If you squat ass to grass heavy weights with this shitty form you will visit snap city really soon.

Try below parallel with good form!

It will fuck up your lumbar really quick.
Focus in flexing your glutes while moving knees outwards.
Dont over extend your lumbar like the gym thots do it. Keep a neutral spine by activating and engaging the posterior chain

OP here, what would you say my proportions are?
What do then?
How bad is my form there?

>OP here, what would you say my proportions are?

Pic related, current proportions.

In before bullies.

spoopy

Was expecting worse DESU. How the fuck do I fix my squat?

Don't squat as deep, use a wider stance?

not OP, but thanks.

You need to learn to keep tension in your hamstrings so you reach depth without sinking too low. You really don't need to squat so deep, going to parallel is perfect. Also, at the bottom position of the picture you posted the bar would be behind your midfoot so you would be falling backwards. Just search how to squat by Alan Thrall on youtube to get a good idea of what to do.

If you plan on squatting this low, a simple fix to this is squatting with lifting shoes, or if you don't feel like paying for shoes, put plates under your heels when you squat. Try puting some some sort of elevation on your heels and you will see a difference right away.

yea wider stance works wonders for that

Almost forgot, experiment with stance width and how much you turn your feet out to find what feels smoothest/strongest for you. Will take some trial and error but you will eventually find the sweet spot.

Tibia, femur and torso proportions are what matter. Ideally you want long torso for the upright stance and a short femur compared to tibia. Short femur means shorter range of motion as well.
If you google around you see people comparing their. There are also different ways how peoples femur is connected to the hip socket.
Good luck on the genetic lottery!

I have similar proportions and short stance feels the most comfortable but impossible without rounding my lumbar. Have to widen my stance but it doesnt feel as comfortable. Try to experiment for yourself.

schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/picking-the-squat-thats-rght-for-you
>the femur averages 26% of the body’s total height, so measure from your hip to the outside of your knee joint. Divide that number in inches or centimeters by your height in inches or centimeters. If you get .26 on the dot, then you’re average. If you get more than .26, you’re erring farther towards “long femured” and if you get less than .26, you’re erring farther towards “long torsoed.”

>use a wider stance
>yea wider stance works wonders for that

Wide hurts at the hips. I tend to stay within shoulder width.

>I have similar proportions and short stance feels the most comfortable but impossible without rounding my lumbar. Have to widen my stance but it doesnt feel as comfortable.

I know this feel. Narrow feels best but back rounds, wide feels uncomfortable at the hips and I can't sink lower than parallel.

That's almost a third world squat, which is a resting position, not a loaded exercise. You're going too deep for your mobility level. You're not maintaining a straight back.

A "fix" is going to depend on what's causing it.

For some people it's enough to simply posteriorly tilt the pelvis a little bit before descending. This way the pelvis won't have to move as you near the bottom of the squat, because it's already tucked under to begin with. You don't want to overdo this though, as it'll put your low back into too much flexion then.

If the wink happens due to poor hip mobility, then this lack of hip mobility is usually your brain locking you down due to one of the following:

1. Poor balance
Fix this by doing goblet squats. These give you some counterbalance. While in the bottom of the goblet squat, practice curling the weight slowly down and up again without losing your position. You will feel your balance being challenged as you lower the counterweight. Work towards being able to actually place the weight on the ground without losing position. This may take some weeks. Note that as you progress this, you actually start with a heavier weight and work towards a lighter weight (less help).

2. Poor anterior core activation/bracing strategy
Any sort of anti-extension ab exercise works here. You can do regular planks and focus on exhaling completely. As you force your lungs to empty, you will feel an intense ab contraction. This will give you stability and unlock your hips.
You can also do what's called a "crunch squat". It's basically a goblet squat where you squeeze the weight as hard as possible between your palms while holding it in front of your chest. Squeezing your hands together like this will light up your abs.
Unlike a lack of balance, increased ab activation can be an instant fix, so try this first.

Cont.

3. Poor breathing strategy
This is also an easy fix. If you breathe into your stomach, this will limit how far you can descend without flexing your back. Once again, do a goblet squat. Go down as far as you can maintain a flat back. Then breathe out slowly and feel how this lets you sink deeper. While in this new deeper position, stay there and practice breathing into your upper back and low back for a while.

It's also possible that your hips are limiting you not due to regular mobility issues, but because of anatomical structure. In this case you will need to play around with your stance. Try wider, more narrow as well as various degrees of toe out. Also please realize that a proper squat is NOT just folding together. Rather, you sort of put your ass down BETWEEN your legs, not on top of them. Imagine your ass is a hammock between two trees (your legs).

You may also lack ankle dorsiflexion.
You can work on this either with self-myofascial release or even just by doing slow deep calf raises before you move on to squatting. You can also look into banded mobilizations if it's really bad.
Alternatively you can mask the issue using weightlifting shoes or by placing something under your heels.

There's this guy that wrote a book that's on the sticky that you should have read before making this retarded post.

Try pointign your toes outwards and pushing your knees outwards to fall more between the hips

youtube.com/watch?v=tNAN2yLcw9w#t=03m55

if you're squatting atg with no shoes on and no weight, your back will round. my back rounds horribly if i slav squat, but when i'm squatting with weight there is no buttwink whatsoever. so take a photo when you're actually lifting to tell what needs work

When does the poo come out?

Btw this video saved my squat, most people squat with toes more inward so I thought this type of squat wasn't "good" but my squats feel so good now no more pain in my knees or hips

People saying you can cure buttwink are retarded, it's mainly a case of hip morphology determined by genetics.
>Hurr durr don't let genetics stop you, you can do anything
You cannot change the way your bones are shaped and you will hurt your back if you squat this low to try and impress memers on the fucking internet. Cut some depth man.
>Stretch your hamstring!!!!!21
Your hamstrings are slack because you're bending your fucking knees retards this is not a stretching thing this is a fucking bone thing, it's like trying to get someone with long femurs to squat more upright its fucking retarded.
Cut some depth, keep your back healthy, and know that while you're never going to have a gorgeous ATG squat, you were probably blessed with powerful hamstrings and will out deadlift all those little midget femor eastern European and Chinese freaks.

Long femurs become a problem when deadlifting too. Makes a good runner though! Guessing it's good for cycling and swimming too.

p o o
o
o

youtube.com/watch?v=Db6tIH35-R8&t=

it's fine, as long as you don't feel it in your lower back or hips and drag the weight with your quads and glutes and not your knees

did you get the leg extension surgery?

>#2
Dude core strength lmao

OP here, just checked my form and the rounding definitely occurs if I drop below parallel.

Should I switch to low bar and start doing box squats to fix my form?

Not strength per se. Motor control.

Non bullshit information in Veeky Forums of all places. You're lucky, OP, read this user's novel.

Go wider, maybe put something under heels. Mind though that you may not be able to "fix your form" completely without a bone saw.

>6'6"
>long-ish femurs

you're fucked when it comes to squatting, and judging by how short your arms look you're even more fucked when it comes to deadlifting

consider basketball

This is what I have to do to achieve decent form, and I can't go super deep. Idk what it is exactly, I just can't do it, probably has something to do with my spine being bent all over

stop going that deep fucking autist. You're not an athlete you're an ugly loser who wants to seem cool for his internet friends by going "ayy tee gee". Get something to elevate your heel, widen your stance, and go parallel

Been messing with the 5' bar, how's my back look at parallel?

What is your starting stance after unracking. Do you stick your butt out in order to get into anterior pelvic tilt or is it neutral (butt and abs tight)?

you're arching and your knees are too forward

>your knees are too forward

Wow this is still a thing people say.

Do the frog pose stretch, and couch stretch. Your hips are probably super tight and it's making it difficult to squat with a wider stance. I'm the same height and similar proportions to you and that's my difficulty too. Also foam roll your hips and try putting some small (1kg ish) plates under your heels while you squat until your hip mobility improves

i just laugh when i see ultralanklets trying to squat

like what the fuck are you trying to accomplish squatting at 6'6", you'll just rack up injuries because your leverages are such total garbage

Thought it was fine for knees to go forward on high bar, whereas it's a no-no on low bar, as is going ATG.

>frog pose stretch, and couch stretch

OP here, been doing frog post for a bit, I think it helped a little with width, but just tried that couch stretch and holy fuck that shit hurts like a mother fucker. What am I stretching with that?

your shins are insanely long woah