/owg/ olympic weightlifting general

Valentines Day Message From Rebeka Edition

If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspotco.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
iwf.net/doc/technical.pdf
coachpapayats.com/chinese-weightlifting-blog/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=81YPmb4w96Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=jhB07kIeLXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

let's just not today, if that's cool with everyone.

agreed
still going to the gym

bump you niggers

What alcohol are you drinking today?1

>he drinks literal poison cause it makes him feel funny for a couple hours

Good reply. I dont drink

Бaмп

バンプ

Never knew Veeky Forums acknowledged Latvian weightlifters

pisas ārā bļeģ

It's just one autist waifufagging

>session with coach
>hit 93 with ease
>hit 80 for 10 singles
>lifting by myself
>struggle with 70, can't even hit 80, end up doing a bunch of shitty singles at 75 and missing like half of them

why the FUCK is this shit sport so hard REEEEEEE

Environment matters a lot desu. And having a coach there gets you instant feedback and improves your lifting on that day.

Made some PRs today. Block jerk 130/3 and 143kg/1. Took a shot at 150kg and left it forwards. I'll get it in 3 weeks when I test a single again.

yeah I'm still new enough that I need cues shouted at me constantly

So you're gonna get a 7kg PR for jerk in 3 weeks at advanced level? I bet you will also hit a nasty 10kg snach PR.

Just the cute ones

really starting to hate my shoulder stability
my snatch is shit
overhead squats are shit
trying to build up with snatch push presses and drop snatches, it's just taking so long

Starting to wonder why I can't seem to grasp basic technical form. Been doing this on and off for months. Seems like every time I try to clean or snatch I end up trying to wrench the weight up with my arms. I'm not sure if it's an issue of my pulls just being too weak but it seems like I can never pull up high enough and pull under quick enough. Shit I even struggle with 30kg snatch balances. I'm not sure why I'm this weak considering my last 8-rep max was 92kg. Am I just a literal GDE? Should I switch to using a training bar rather than a full 20kg if I can't even get under the full bar fast enough? Shit is frustrating.

sometimes it be like that when you do strength training for years then take up oly lifting

Dont pull with the arms. Create upward velocity with triple extension, then guide the bar into the correct position with your arms. Try reading everrets weightlifting book.
>my last 8-rep max was 92kg
pls be ohp

yeah user tell us what 8 rep max you're talking about.

Squat

>That basic bitch animal sticker shit

DAH
DAH
DAH
DROPPED

Nice trips, but Science says that alcohol and particular alcoholic beverages are good for you.

>Starting to wonder why I can't seem to grasp basic technical form.
>Been doing this on and off for months.

Found your problem. You think Jordan Speith practices golf off and on? Of course not. You need to consistently practice pretty much ANY Skill in order to git gud at it.

Also, we CANNOT GIVE YOU USEFUL TECHNIQUE ADVICE WITHOUT A VIDEO OF THE LIFT(S) IN QUESTION

>Shit I even struggle with 30kg snatch balances.

Obviously we can't see if you're doing it wrong, but it's possibly a lack of shoulder flexibility and almost definitely a lack of shoulder/upper back strength.

Indeed. Turns out that barbell lifting is based more on strength and less on hyper-analyzing TEK-NEEQ videos of one flailing around with a broomstick.

Gayyyy

>Science says
stopped reading

get a coach
do snatch and clean high pulls for reps at your PR weight

i had an interesting experience the other day
>go to snatch after a week of nothing
>hit 165lbs, sitting at rock bottom rather stably
>go to rise, realize my arms are a bit forward and if i stand the weight will fall
>somehow pull the weight back, and stand up
felt pretty weird
hoping to hit 175lbs in my snatch tomorrow, hoping to get back to the glory days of 190lbs snatch (though i'm 215lbs now, was 190lbs then). proportions make this hard ;_;

Mon
muscle clean practice + fs + ohs

Snatch block pull 1x1 5x3
Jerk 6x1
push press 4x4
Front squat 4x4

Tuesday
general snatch hip contact and drop under practice

Snatch 6x2
clean 5x3
Incline Dumbbell press 4x10
Face pull 4x10

Thursday
muscle snatch + drop snatch

OHP 1x1 4x4
Back squat 1x1 5x3

Friday
general clean hip contact and drop under practice

Clean jerk 1x1 4x3
Snatch 1x1 5x2
Single arm pull downs 4x4
How did i do guise?

>Found your problem. You think Jordan Speith practices golf off and on? Of course not. You need to consistently practice pretty much ANY Skill in order to git gud at it.

This is probably a big part of it. I'm just not consistent enough about practicing and/or doing mobility work. I'll work on it.

Midday bump

Midnight hump

G4 shall be my inspiration

Boys, for the past 4 days, I have had pain in the top part of my kneecap whenever I walk up the stairs or bend my leg into a right angle. For info, I haven't done any squats or heavy classics in the past two weeks as I was very busy at uni and only done technique work. Also, my bro has suggested it could be because I have moisture in my knee from wearing shorts in the rain and cold but that sounds like bullshit to me. What other things could cause that pain?

Also stop posting Rebeka, Panzer

get a coach

suharevs?

>my bro has suggested it could be because I have moisture in my knee from wearing shorts in the rain and cold

bump

Guise being sick and lifting sucks as

m.youtube.com/watch?v=81YPmb4w96Y

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jhB07kIeLXQ

Some powerclean attempts.

Clean *

Pls help, I just wanna squat

it's could be just some irregular/temporary pain, wear sleeves and/or knee wraps in the meantime