Keto gave me prediabetes. WTF!!!!!!

Last week, my doctor told me I probably have T2 diabetes and damage to my liver and pancreas. Yesterday a sonogram confirmed I have NAFL. I've never drank, never smoked, I'm not overweight, I'm physically active, and I've never had health problems in my life. Now, my cholesterol is high. My insulin resistance is shit.

My life is fucking ruined because of Keto. Stay away from this fucking dog shit diet. I don't fucking know what to do any more. The doctor recommended a nutritionist- but fucking nutritionists are recommending this stupid shit in the first place. Where do I go? What do I do? I don't want to be on pills for the rest of my life. I don't want to monitor my blood glucose. I don't want to stab myself three times a day for the next 50 years. What the fuck do I do now???

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28112684
news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120627-sediba-teeth-fossils-bark-human-evolution-max-planck-nature/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17219068
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16489632
dictionary.com/browse/multifactorial
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11158925
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

See a dietitian. They actually have a license to practice and have at least a masters degree in the subject. Nutritionists are the astrologists of the diet world.

Your dumb ass probably won't take my advice because only an idiot eats a keto diet without doing the research and realizing that it is dangerous to restrict blood sugar to such low levels. Might want to read up on ketoacidosis and how dangerous that is to diabetics.

take a pic of the diagnosis, cover the name with a timestamp

Like with any other diet regiment, it matters what's you're eating. A bunch of eggs and red meat will fuck up your cholesterol.

>op gets betus
>op doesn't post proof

diabetes isn't a drawl

You will damage your endocrine system going full keto if you are already T2. Most likely you were already prediabetic and keto just accelerated your diabetes. Get a glucometer and keep a log of fasting sugars right upon waking and 2 hours after every meal. Will help docs and yourself change your diet/activities/medications. Get recommendations from endocronologist to rule out thyroid and other autoimmune diseases.

Most cases keto reverses prediabetes. You likely were headed to it already and have auto-immune problems. Keto changes your insulin response because you literally don't use it for the duration that you diet for. If your insulin response is bad after keto you had something seriously wrong with you in the first place.

BULLSHIT!!!
BULLSHIT!!!
BULLSHIT!!!

So why do I suspect this is yet another Vegan thread?
Because he would be a medical marvel if he managed to damage liver and pancreas by not eating carbohydrates from Big Grain. A future study for a Nobel Prize in medicine no doubt.

I second this. Feel free to add Dr explanation on how this happened.

>follow a retarded fad diet
>diet fucks your health
moral of the story don't listen to advice from idiots

Post your diet plan and regimen. I on a keto with cheat days for years, never been healthier in my life. Chances are, you have fucked it up, prolly too much protein and/or eating too often

Are you retarded? Do you think doctors just hand you a note that says you have prediabetes? He showed me a chart with some circled numbers. Rambled about intramyocellular lipids. Told me to immediately stop consuming high fat foods. Gave me some pamphlets about food and a business card for a nutritionist.

I have to go back in a month and again in 6 months to see if I can regress the fat accumulation on my liver. If there's no change he's going to put me on metformin.

Literally nothing in my house is low fat. I have four jars of coconut oil that I can't use. A few pounds of butter, cheeses and meats. I am fucked.

You thought eating an 80% fat diet would be good for your glucose metabolism?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28112684

Eating all fats like a fucking retard.... Your body needs fucking carbs dummy. Fat should be limited and not all saturated like in coconut oil.

Can you post your meal routine? Are you bulking on keto? I have been diagnosed with celiac disease (no gluten anymore) last week, and I'm really trying to get this keto-diet thing going, but I guess bulking is kinda hard / expensive?

(((your body needs carbs))). Good goy, eat that processed wheat

Post body

Good shaubposters deserve a slow and painful death

Wing it, mostly. Usually some variation of this:

Morning- 2 egg omlette with cheese, cooked in a dollop of coconut oil, handful of blueberries. Coffee w/ a spoonful of coconut oil.

lunch- stir fried spinach, with a cut of meat from the local butcher. (mostly beef and lamb). Another coffee w/ coconut oil.

Dinner- most variety. Usually some stir fried broccoli and spinach cooked in coconut oil. A cut of meat baked or pan fried.

>keto gave me t2 diabetes
that's literally impossible you stupid idiot

Oh look! One of the common sideeffects from massive obesity, Fatty Liver, in an article indexed by Pubmed.

So what's wrong with your liver when it fails to work? Accumulating various substances it should be processing and pushing through? Do you have some genetic disorder causing this?

>an unnatural diet that excludes major food groups and is based on a metabolic process that the body uses only in the hardest of survival times is bad for you
WOW NEVER WOULD'VE FUCKING GUESSED

>an unnatural diet
faggot

You get carbs from vegetables, fruits, and things like potatoes corn and rice dumbass. Hell there is also Rye, Bulgur, Spelt, Buckwheat and like 20 other grains you can eat that aren't wheat.

No one said you had to eat wheat. And pretending wheat is a Jewish conspiracy... European Whites lived off of bread until potatoes were introduced to Europe dumb fuck. It's the whole reason Whites were able to civilize.

Gas yourself.

>Unnatural
All early humans were basically keto/paleo

Early humans ate tree bark to stay alive and died at 35. We should really embrace this diet!

> One of the common sideeffects from massive obesity
And as the experiment showed, saturated fat ingestion.

>ate tree bark
>died at 35
why are you still posting?

You've been watching The Flintstones

I am German so actually I am the one doing the gassing.
I know that there are different types of carbs and numerous sources where you can get them from. Many of these sources are also healthy. It's just that carbs are not essential for human survival.
Can you survive on a diet that consists of carbs and protein and only a minute amount of fat? No
Can you survive on a diet that consists of carbs and fat and only a minute amount of protein? No
Can you survive on a diet that consists of fat and protein and only a minute amount of carbs? Yes

Even with Keto you can still eat like shit. Living off bacon and eggs won't make it healthy

You already had it without knowing.
Most likely at some point in your life, probably while growing up, you were overweight with really shitty habits and this is when you got it.

>Can you survive on a diet that consists of fat and protein and only a minute amount of carbs?

Sure but you shouldn't as it is hard on the body.

i-i was overweight with really shitty habits and started to get t2d
if blood work is good and pee isnt sweet anymore i'm not diabetic r-right?

news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120627-sediba-teeth-fossils-bark-human-evolution-max-planck-nature/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caleb Finch (2007:402) argues that by the Upper Paleolithic in Europe - 30,000 Years Before Present (YBP) - people were living significantly longer than the great apes do (15-20 years).

A study done on two populations of neolithic skeletons (15,000 - 12,000 YBP and 12,000 - 8,000 YBP) lists life expectancy at birth as about 25, and the adult mean age at death as 32. The ratio between adult mean age at death for females and males was swapped between the two cultures, which is a little odd. In any case, the two had the same mean (Hershkowitz and Gopher 2008:445).

There was a Bronze Age (~4000 YBP) site in Thailand where the scientists argue a life expectancy at birth of just around 28 years. The mean adult age at death there was about 36. The authors note that that's at the high end of the prehistoric Japanese societies (~29-35 years) (Pietrusewsky and Douglas 2002:196)

References:

Finch, Caleb E.
2007 The Biology of Human Longevity. Elsevier, San Diego, CA.

Herskowitz, I. and A. Gopher
2008 "Demographic, Biological and Cultural Aspects of the Neolithic Revolution". In The Neolithic Demographic Transition and Its Consequences. Jean-Pierre Bocquet-Appel and Ofer Bar-Yosef, editors. Springer, New York, NY.

Pietrusewsky, Michael and Michele Toomay Douglas
2002 Ban Chiang, a Prehistoric Village Site in Northeast Thailand. UPenn Museum of Archaeology, Philadelphia, PA.

>it's hard on the body
this is what fatties actually believe

Were you measuring your ketones?

Why are you lying? Keto did NOT do this. It's literally impossible.

High ketones levels is bad for your kidneys you simpleton. It is not a healthy state to be in.

You can survive with minimal fat. What the fuck do you think the macro split of most bodybuilders is retard

True, but you'd still need to eat those essential fats. There is no such thing as "essential carbs"

t1 diabetic reporting in

doubtful you got t2 off a keto diet kek, typically keto helps t2 control their bloodsugar. as for "stabbing yourself 3x" a day you've gotta be a pussy to be scared of a 4mm needle, also nowadays you don't have to prick yourself to check bloodsugar since they've made a BG monitor that u put just under the first layer of your skin that can give you your BG results.

you'll be fine, just watch your diet and take your pills, most t2 don't have to use insulin injections unless their diet is shit; avoid carbs.

>I am obese. I eat too much. I live a sedentary lifestyle.
>My liver is congested due to my obesity.
Guess what! You get fatty liver from being obese and clogging up the metabolic pathways. What you eat in order to become obese doesn't matter.
In your case 3-4 hours of cardio each day should be the best solution.

Still no explanation what's wrong with your liver. Here is a pilot study indicating 4 out of 5 get better, and not worse.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17219068

Review on Low-Carb and NAFLD, that concludes it's a promising method of treatment (if you have access to it).
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16489632

Also your doctor is probably an idiot. I guess he didn't check ApoB/ApoA1 cholesterol.

Really fat by the way

>pee isnt sweet anymore
how is this determined? what does your pee smell like if it smells "sweet"
or do you taste it

"essential" only means your body can't produce it. It says nothing about how important something is inside your body.
As in, if your body lost its ability to create carbs and you wouldn't eat any, you'd die the same day. You won't die not eating any protein or fats that fast.
And being able to survive on a diet and it being good for you are two different things also.

diabetic piss generally smells like honey. That kind of sweet.

Where's your proof faggot?

>if your body lost its ability to create carbs and you wouldn't eat any, you'd die the same day.
Source?

That your body creates a stable amount of glucose in your bloodstream even if you don't eat any carbs at all doesn't tip you off? Your brain needs glucose to function, even on keto. Now, if there's no supply anymore neither from food sources nor from your body creating more, what would happen?
Your blood glucose would decline, glycogen stores would be used to keep it balanced but eventually you'd end up in hypoglycemic shock and die.

This

It's a yes to all 3 of those.

Mean age at death is 32 because infant death rate was super high you dumb fuck.

> You get fatty liver from being obese and clogging up the metabolic pathways.
And from eating saturated fat.
> Here is a pilot study indicating 4 out of 5 get better, and not worse.
As with all studies that say positive things about low-carb diets, the effect was due to weight loss, which offsets the effects of diet itself. It's not a comparable study design.
>Review on Low-Carb and NAFLD
As of 2006 when it was published, "Thus far, no study has evaluated the effect of low carbohydrate diets on NAFLD. Future studies will be required to address this question and others with regards to the nutritional adequacy and long-term side effects of these diets."

So again, saturated fat does contribute to NAFLD and insulin resistance.

>life expectancy at birth as about 25
>the adult mean age at death as 32

Great reading comprehension there brainlet.

Lol no. Starchy tubers are not keto at all.

>Can you survive on a diet that consists of carbs and protein and only a minute amount of fat? No
>Can you survive on a diet that consists of carbs and fat and only a minute amount of protein? No

Lol yes you can on both counts. The only reason you wouldn't be able to is if you ate purified laboratory made foods which were basically pure macronutrients. Eating whole foods you'll always be getting a small even if "minute" amount of fat and protein even on very low fat or low protein diets. People even do exactly that long term, or therapeutically.

Is that ideal? I don't think so. But neither is very low carb/keto. Just because you can produce glucose in your body via gluconeogenesis or use ketones for fuel where glucose would otherwise be used, doesn't mean it's ideal. It's an unnecessary stressor on the body, which requires glucose to function, to inefficiently fuel itself via gluconeogenesis and ketosis when you can eat some fucking carbs.

The problem with high fat diets is that they lead to insulin resistance over time, which leads to, UUUHH, diabetes. OP is no surprise at all.

It literally is hard on your body you retard. Ketosis and gluconeogenesis are stressful, inefficient states compared relying on ingested glucose. Of course, if you're ingesting glucose but are also insulin resistant that will also be a stressful state, as your glucose metabolism's fucked... but that's a good reason to restore insulin sensitivity, not to avoid glucose. And it's fat which causes insulin resistance, not glucose.

How so?

High fat diets cause insulin resistance which can cause diabetes. How is this news to you?

What parts of the brain require glucose and how much is still up for debate, hence I wanted to know your source.
Gluconeogenesis is a very inefficient process to create fuel, so it's used sparingly.
Unlike ketones that's produced in massive amounts and can also serve as fuel for the brain.

Lack of exercise - that's the main reason you get fatty liver.
Vegetable fats and Carbs will also aid in the creation of this disease. Also known as "Processed food" since those additives are high refined and not raw.

dictionary.com/browse/multifactorial

Stop trying to blame everything else.

>25
>pretty good amount of visceral fat
>insulin insensitive fat storage pattern
>can't remember ever being below 18% body fat

"Essential fats" are overrated. They are your polyunsaturated fatty acids. They're called essential in that our body can't synthesise them, but we only need them in minute quantities and are associated in higher quantities with inflammation, poor metabolic function among other things. Outside a laboratory diet, it's almost impossible to become "essential fatty acid deficient", and symptoms associated with EFA defienciency have been reversed with B vitamin supplementation.

Our body can produce the (mostly saturated, monounsaturated) fats it likes best from carbohydrate, and even on an EFA deficient diet will produce omega 9 mead acid.

>True, but you'd still need to eat those essential fats. There is no such thing as "essential carbs"
...is irrelevant. We want optimum function, and splitting hairs over what is "essential" is worthless, as for all practical purposes, "essential" fatty acids are not essential either, and most people have far much "essential" PUFAs, especially omega 6, in their diet and their body.

>starts super special REAL LIFE HACK diet that makes you better than everyone else
>shit still stinks
>gets diabetes
kek

>I am German so actually I am the one doing the gassing.
Probably the keto diet.

>polyunsaturated fats
>associated with inflammation

Omega-3s are famously anti-inflammatory while omega-6 also has a range of anti-inflammatory metabolites. The fuck are you talking about?

It's lent, stop eating fatty foods, oil and sugar until Easter, just eat plenty of high glucose boiled starches (rice, taters, oats, pasta, beans, lentils) and veges at the side with fruit as a snack.

Should help with insulin resistance, visceral fat and weight loss. Exercise of course, also helps with insulin resistance.

Any benefit of PUFA is to be found in low amounts. With the modern western diet, people already consume too much.

Omega 3 is pretty much only good in that it can displace Omega 6. They're both unstable and prone to oxidisation and can be inflammatory when they build up in your tissues.

How often do you think cavemen were able to forage starchy tubers you brainlet?

Probably often, depending in which climate/season they lived.

You've been reading too many keto blogs. This is not science.

>high fat diets is that they lead to insulin resistance
100% wrong
Proof: Eskimoes and similar tribes for thousands of years, only got diabetes as their native diet changed to include carbs.

Yeah no shit, insulin resistance isn't such an issue if you're eating a low carb diet and you're used to burning fat.

That's not the world we live in bud. Most of us are much better off restoring insulin sensitivity than avoiding carbs.

just shut the fuck up you illiterate little dummy. Taking a fucking teaspoon of baking soda can prevent this shit which btw is only common on T1.

Do you have data on the glucose metabolism of inuit on their traditional diet?

>insulin resistance is caused by eating fat
Insulin resistance means your body doesn't respond well to insulin.
Are the receptors broken? Are the cells choked from constantly responding and can't take in anymore?

Your belief that dietary saturated fat somehow is an easy explanation to this shows an amazing lack of intelligence.
All diabetes would be cured ages ago instead of increasing, if that was the fact. We eat more carbs and vegetable fats than ever, and diabetes is flooding society like a tsunami.
You may want to get yourself an education, optionally publish the scientific proof to your unique knowledge about inuslin resistance and what's the basic problem.

>feed me
Use google, bing, altavista, pubmed or whatever and look for cross-studies with anthropology departments.
Or walk down to your university library or ask them for help with finding the papers. Most papers from 80s and earlier were on actual paper and is often more easily found in the traditional way.

>All diabetes would be cured ages ago instead of increasing, if that was the fact
> We eat more carbs and vegetable fats than ever, and diabetes is flooding society like a tsunami.
We eat more total fat than ever, and are physically fatter than before. You're arguing in fallacies.

Saturated fat blocks receptors from taking in glucose.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11158925

>Just eat a bunch of fat
>Get diabetes
Oh no who could ever have predicted this turn of fate?!

>I have proof
>Where is it?
>LOOK FOR IT YOURSELF

I can't believe you are all falling for this bait specially after the high fat diets cause increased insulin resistance.

Eating a shitload of carbs every 2-3h causes insulin resistance. People are literally reversing their t2 by fasting for days.

Eat like an Eskimo every day. Watch what happens to you.

I don't think saturated fat is bad, but it's well known that a high fat diet can cause insulin resistance.

I still think PUFAs are worse. Also, while consumption of meat, lard and butter have gone down, there has been an increase in the consumption of cheese and chicken, alongside an increase in consumption of vegetable oils. Modern Americans do not in any way eat a low fat diet just because some of the saturated animal fat has been switched to fat from different sources. Add to that environmental toxins, excessive iron, low vitamin D and other fat soluble vitamins, and a sedentary lifestyle... you speak as if adherence to the food pyramid has been the most significant change, as if people adhered to it in the first place.

I suspect this is bait but I'll point out a few things for the benefit of other anons.

First of all, carbohydrate restricting diets ala keto cannot cause NAFLD. NAFLD is caused by fatty acid manufacture in the liver from excess glucose from acetyl-CoA in the TCA cycle. Keto, caloric restriction, and fasting reliably reverse NAFLD by coercing the liver to scavenge fat in the liver for energy.

It is true that fatty acid metabolism by tissue, particularly skeletal muscle tissue, transiently induces insulin resistance. This is to be expected as cells metabolizing fat for energy are not interested in taking up glucose for energy, because individual cells cannot metabolize fatty acids and glucose simultaneously for ATP. A couple days of high carbohydrate eating reverses this "insulin resistance" in the periphery as insulin suppresses fatty acid availability and up-regulates glucose metabolism.

If you actually have T2DM, carbohydrate restriction (or fasting, which achieves the same thing) is the fastest way to reverse it by clearing out the organs of fat and sugar, thus making room for glucose uptake (making them insulin sensitive again).

>I ate nothing but freeze dried rib shaped meat patties smothered in smoke flavored sugar sauce because it's technically meat and therefore I was doing keto.

This is why you need to eat a shit ton of vegetables even when you are on keto.

hahahaha, yeah because its not neutralized by your stomach. GTFO

It doesn't cause insulin resistance to "eat carbs every 2-3h". By all means, limit fructose, and especially in the form of liquid calories and refined sugars, if you think it might be an issue.

But something tells me they're not fat and insulin resistant because they're eating boiled potatoes every 2-3h, but french fries. Not a couple of slices of sourdough bread, but a few donuts.... ie, hyperpalatable foods which are easy to overeat, not only high in refined carbs, but in oil as well.

It's not the carbs which are the problem, it's how and with what they're eaten.

agreed, but if you're a fatty going way over your tdee because it tastes good or whatever you deserve what you're getting anyway.

My doubt here is, assuming you eat zero carbs on a keto diet, how would you raise your insulin resistance? gluconeogenesis?

Protein can have a high insulin response. OP might have done "low carb" rather than keto, ie, misunderstood keto and just ate a tonne of steak or something. Protein is meant to be restricted on a genuine keto diet. Protein in insulinogenic, especially dairy, if OP ate any of that.

All that said, do you actually need to eat foods that elicit an insulin response to become insulin resistant? Or just eat a diet where you're relying on fat rather than carbohydrate as a primary fuel?

And how do you know it was your keto exactly?

Ding ding. The typical north-american diet is high fat and moderate/high carbs and leads to diabetes over time in 99% of case. Who would have thought that making your liver process an excess of fat reduces your body's ability to release insulin and handle carbs properly.

Low fat high carbs diets will never pose a problem as every fucking civilization has shown.

>ingesting LITERAL fatty acids (in excess, too) cannot produce a disease caused by fatty acids

Revise your notes goddamn retard. An excess of fructose (not carbs) will convert into fatty acids, but the same happens much more easily with actual fat intake.

Fructose produces this. There are carbs without any fructose, it's called rice.

Idk tbqh but all t2 i know are fatties who won't stop eating sweets and never went above 4h without eating. Their insulin responses are a wrecking roller coaster of death. There are 4 t2 in my family and when i advocate fasting they freak out.

And while eating way above your daily need of protein might give you an insulin response and while fats (saturated and trans i suppose) might also help on fucking you up, the easiest way to have high blood sugar still is eating carbs all the time, specially refined sugar.

sorry, i had to correct a typo

isn't white rice correlated to type 2? But then again alone it won't do shit or all sumo wrestlers would have t2

>diabetes is caused by increasing insulin resistence
>eat a diet that's designed to completely neglect insulin response/sensitivity
>wonder why it has negative effects on carbohydrate metabolism
Gee how could that happen.

High carbs of any type doesn't work well with high fat. Even for testosterone, there's no advantage of going over 25-30g of fat daily, which is still considered low fat and doesn't hinder carbs metabolism. White rice (basmati especially) is fine as long as you don't eat a lot of fat, the reason there might be a correlation is because it's easy to eat a lot of carbs from white rice (easy to digest) and most people eat too much fat. Like you said, asians have no trouble with it because their diet is generally low fat.

Whether you're high-fat-low-carb, mediteranean, high carb, atkins, or weight watchers your body needs periods of rest for shuttling fat around the body.

Intracellular fat in the liver builds up when the body doesn't have time to shuttle it through the blood stream and into fat cells. As long as you keep eating and eating and eating and eating and eating it will never get a chance to clear it out.

In the fat fucks I've helped lose weight, every single one of them completely eliminated their fatty liver in a single 2 week fast.
>Yep, you have a fatty liver
>2 weeks later
>Nope, no fatty liver