Keto - Help & Advice

Who here are ketofags?

Fatty here trying to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle, teach me.

Avoid jewish tricks like keto sticks and memegredients like coconut flour. Keep it simple. Real food. See you on the other side.

Tracking your macros whilst doing keto will be more beneficial than actually just doing keto. I use the app fatsecret to help track, I lost a lot of weight when I was tracking but less when I wasn't, basically snacking too much.

Oh yeah I know user, I was just wondering if this is a good option for a good healthy lifestyle for a fatty and if it will promote fat burning.
How is this?

Beef Steak Burgers x4: 816 cal 46.32g Fat 85.16g Protein 15.44g Carbs Castello Blue Cheese x2: 200 cal 18.5g Fat 8.5g Protein 0g Carbs Smoked Dry Cure Bacon x4: 110 cal 7.28g Fat 10.84g Protein 0g Carbs Olive Oil x2 teaspoons: 270 cal 30g Fat 0g Protein 0g Carbs

Total: 1396 cal 102.1g Fat 104.5g Protein and 15.44g Carbs

bump

Yes it will promote fat burn.
This will be very unpopular but try not wasting time with macros, if you are doing keto correctly (and I do mean correctly) you won't overeat

you will stay fat with this keto shit

you think eating 5% carbs is easy?
GL with that

Do PSMF for 2 weeks then go one a diet that actually wont fuck your brain (Even tho PSMF will fuck you hard, but the results is better than anything for fat fucks)

I used Keto regularly from now until first week of may, have done for the last 4 years.

Here’s what I do, it’s boring as shit but it works on me like nothing else.

First two weeks are hardcore Keto with zero net carbs beyond fiber.

Meal1: 4 hardboiled eggs, shaker of BCAAs
Meal 2: two table spoons of sugar free peanut butter and a shaker of whey isolTe protein
Meal 3: white meat (chicken, turkey, pork, white fish) and greens (spinach, asparagus, arugula, Brussels sprout, etc.)
Meal4: protein isolate shake and two tablespoons of sugar free peanut butter.
Meal5: red meat (beef, lamb, venison, tuna, salmon, etc.) with greens (see above).

You’ll have to modify portions depending on your calorie goals. But that’s the framework. First two weeks I lose 10-15 lbs. mostly water weight, but some fat.

3rd week I introduce a cheat day. Usually Friday or Saturday depending on my social schedule. My cheat day is within my daily calorie limit, but it can be whatever macros. So carbs are in the table. It kicks you out of ketosis for, but it makes the diet more sustainable long term and helps your lifts. You’ll be back in ketosis a day or two later anyway.

After two weeks of that, while still having cheat days, week 5 I’ll introduce 20 grams of carbs a day to keep it sustainable. This can be half a cup of oatmeal with breakfast, half a cup of rice with lunch, or part of a sweet potato with dinner. You’ll still be in ketosis at 20g or less of carbs daily but your workouts will stay strong.

After two weeks of the above, I then introduce intermittent fasting once a week. I will usually do it the day after my cheat day. I’ll not eat anything for 16-20 hours. Then resume my normal diet, making sure I get the same calories in the truncated time.

Weeks 9-12 I will add one more fast day to my week.

By the end I’ve usually lost 40lbs, while holding on decently to my gains.

Hope this helps and gives you a starting structure.

Will the meal I made work, get me into ketosis and is it healthy?

Yeah I'm trying to stick between 1200 - 1500 calories for weight loss.

A single meal won’t get you there. It takes about a week to get into ketosis at first, or at least in my experience anyway.

The carbs are below 20g so it ought to work, but that’s just one meal. Your total daily intake needs to stay 20g or below from my experience.

That is the only thing I am going to eat each day, that is one meal per day I'm having so that is my total cal, fat, carbs and protein each day.

That's well beyond 20g net carbs a day dumbass lmao

You’re going to have a hard time. Eating small frequent meals throughout the day really helps from a morale perspective. I don’t think it does anything metabolically, but my fast days are tough from a mental perspective.

Losing weight is half a numbers game and half a mental game.

I've been doing alright so far with my normal diet that has good amount of carbs and total being 1500 calories but is having the change from carb to fat really effect me mentally?

reminder that if you haven't been living for 3 years and are pretty muscular then there's no point to doing keto yet

Rice OR Oats OR sweet potato you illiterate.

1/3 cup of cooked white rice is less than 20g of carbs.

No. The one meal a day.

I'm already used to OMAD, have been doing it since December.

That seems like a fuckload of protein. You sure it wouldn't kick you out of ketosis? Enough excess protein will be turned into glucose.

quit spreading this meme
people tout gluconeogenesis as if a steak will turn into a toblerone in your stomach, which is not the case at all

You might experience a Keto flu (what some people call it) where about a week or so into the diet you’ll feel a malaise come over you as though you are about to become sick. It passes after a couple of days.

I’ve never experienced it but I know those who have.

Trying to keep my gains. It seems to help. I’m also 6’3 265/225 before/after cut. So I eat a lot.

i recommend doing keto combined with OMAD and some fasts in between if needed.
Down like 12kg this way in around 2,5 month, solid 1kg a week loss, still around 7 to go.

t. high carber barber

not the same thing retard, excess protein will fuck you up.

bump

It’s easy af. Just eat meat and drink kefir. Done. Simple.

who else can chicken?

Yeah this hit me bad, first it was insomnia, now it's awful shit's. What's an easy way to fat bomb? Been eating lots of avacados but they can get pricy. Need something I can pack for lunch because I can't shit like this in public.