give me a good aesthetics routine please

Starting Strength until you hit 1/2/3/4 then switch over to PHUL or PPL

Bodyweight lunges across the gym

starting strength is for fags

Idk if I'd say that, it's just not an aesthetics program :/

Just do Wii fit

Ignore those SS shills

They say:

Wanna get jacked? Do SS. Wanna get aesthetic? Do SS. Wanna bodybuild? Do SS. Wanna become CEO of a Fortune 500 company? Do SS.

Only on the internet does this madness exist! Only on the internet do people think that squatting and eating a 2000 calorie surplus a day will cut bodyfat, build and sculpt your bicep peak and give you boulder shoulders.

I’ve never known or met anyone IRL who has looked well built and lean who built themselves up using a low volume, low rep, CNS wrecker of a routine. Plenty have done it with bench presses or inclines, pulldowns/pull-ups, curls, shoulder side raises, rope pushdowns and leg presses though (I would also add that diamond push-ups are awesome tricep builders, and high rep OHPs blow your shoulders out like you’re on trenbolone!).

I wouldn’t blame the likes of Mark Rippetoe for this trend (he has made numerous clarifications, and has never presented himself as other than a strength coach) but rather the army of dedicated SSers that present the program as the answer to all problems and denigrate anyone doing things differently with endless pejoratives and e-statting.

SS is a bullshit meme program with way too much focus on legs

Do A/B every two days and within 1 month you will be visibly bigger

A:
1x5 deadlifts
3x5 bench
3x10 bicep curls

B:
1x5 deadlifts
3x5 OHP
3x10 tricep extension

This is very basic, don't be a retard and overthink shit. Eat good food and follow this program religiously and you will be aesthetic. Deadlifts will build your entire body including legs, you don't need more legs than this. Bench will build your chest. OHP will build your shoulders. The bicep curls and tricep extensions will build your arms and in general make you look swole. Up the weights when you feel like you can. Lower the weights when you fail.

Good luck, son. Don't listen to the memes, think for yourself. This is not rocket science.

>hitting 1 pl8 OHP and 2pl8 bench on SS

SS + GOMAD = BIG GAINS

Find what you enjoy doing
Do it

Lift heavy

Get your macros right

Regularly
>Good luck, son. Don't listen to the memes, think for yourself. This is not rocket science.

Not op, but what are your thoughts on 5x5s ?

^ this guy is right

when you can't progress anymore on this shit, start doing other compounds like pull-ups or chin-ups, they will make your arms bigger and also some lats. it's good shit.

This guy is trolling you, SS will make you look like a homosexual

In my opinion 5 sets of pretty much any compound exercise isn't optimal unless you're on gear. 3x5 will make you stronger and bigger, it's enough for a new lifter.

I do Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5
it's basically SS with more upper body volume.

Eat a lot, get your macros right, do what above poster said, you'll look good. Then in a few months of this, you can hop on whatever split you want, ppl, u/l, whatever.

Don’t listen to this Rippetoe shill. Do Phraks Greyskull LP

Are you telling me that you don’t actually need to squat? Seems fishy...

Everyday a beginner to the gym will ask what program he should do, Veeky Forums will usually respond with either Starting Strength or Stronglifts and order them to eat a lot.

A few months will pass and the beginner have stalled and is confused with why he’s not gaining any muscle despite putting so much weight on the bar.

They say he should stick with the program, read the book, get a lot of sleep and eat even more food and not to switch programs unless he’s reached “intermediate” lifts 1/2/3/4.

The beginner sticks with it and runs it for 1 year, while making very little progress.

Here is where the problem actually lays: Starting Strength and Stronglifts does not actually build muscle.

Groups on the internet, such as the SS shills, have probably left untold amounts of guys disappointed with how they've looked after 3-12 months.

Meanwhile, the "bro" who goes to the gym and does curls, bench, shoulders and a few chin-ups and leg presses totally blows the SS "student" out of the water, getting bigger arms, shoulders, pecs and upper back without that much weight gain.

GSLP with 2 upper body accessories, one push and one pull, until you hit at least 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps then continue until you start stalling

add some rows to one of the days and some lat pull downs (until you can do pull ups) to the other day and you have the beginnings of a routine.

swap out one of the deadlifts for squats too..

SS is so stupid, PPL is superior for recomp in terms of metabolic stress, frequency of protein synthesis, and a nice balance of isolation and compound movements : )

the sticky is a j0ke. do your own research

This is close to mine when i started out last year.

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Squats 3x6
OHP 3x8
Bench Press 3x8
Incline Bench Press 3x8
Tricep pushdown (with rope) 3x8

B
Deadlift 3x6
Barbell Shrug 3x8
Dumbell Row 3x8
Curls 3x8
Cable Lateral Pull 3x8

progressive overload moving up each time you can complete with as perfect form as possible.

Whenever not in gym and can see something to do a pull up on, try till failure once per day.

about 2g of protein per kg of weight.

routine didn't change whether on a slow cut or a slow bulk.

300kcal above or below TDEE depending on slow cut or slow bulk.

* Cable Lat pulldown

OHP, BP and Incline BP on same day?
damn

i started pretty light and slowly worked up the weights.

and i mean really light

30kg for the ohp
40kg for the bench
35kg for the incline

when i started i was just out of rehab for a broken left ankle and a broken left wrist (soccer injury) and i also was a late starter to the gym, being 40yrs old.

Replace diddlies on B with squats and seems pretty good

A
OHP 3x5+
Weighted chin ups 3x6-8
Squat 3x5+
Cable rows 2x8-10
Triceps push down 2x10-15
Face pulls 3x12-15

B
Bench 3x5+
BB or DB rows 3x6-8
DL 1x5+
Lat pull down 2x8-10
DB curls 2x10-15
Face pulls 3x12-15

I want to insert incline bench here, should I alternate it with bench or just add it to the day I bench, maybe 3x8-10 ?

read the fucking sticky

Some of the suggestions here are as good as the sticky if he is looking for beginner aesthetics.

add Incline on your OHP day and Side lateral raises on your Bench day.

>dead link
>dead link
>the page could not be found
>404

>purchased a gym membership without doing any research
how you enjoying that iPhone X?

It really troubles me when a bunch of fat guys such as *some* of those on the SS forums — proud of being shockingly out of condition — feel they are qualified to advise people on weight loss and body recomposition and “call out” anyone who does things a little differently and succeed, looking for evidence of their “failure”.

I don’t know if the SS partisans/internet ultras realize the implications of telling a light framed skinny-fat guy to go and get 15-20kg fatter in exchange for a < 5kg muscle gain. I'm talking blood sugar problems, further hormonal issues, etc. Most of those guys don't give a damn about bloodwork or health. Plenty of them will have ceased lifting by 40 years of age through injury.

Linear progressions take so many forms. The reason why ones like SS are so popular is that they've been created with a view to being inherently "programmable". To me, progression encompasses so many things:

– more reps
– more sets (don't go mad and jump from 2 to 10 sets per exercise next session, though!)
– better *quality* reps by feeling the muscles working more
– increased TUT per set
– same weight/reps/sets but shorter resting periods
– etc…

Weight on a bar is just one way to go about things and the easiest in the early weeks, even if in a caloric deficit. But it comes to an end and there's no reason to push yourself towards injury or obesity when your goal is to look better shirtless and optimise health + hormones + nutrient uptake/partitioning.

The people who do Starting Strength are recognizable immediately ie a big ass, wide hips, small arms and shoulders and minimum 30% bodyfat.

Who is going to look better at low bodyfat? The guy squatting 1 plate for 5 reps or the guy squatting 3 plate for 5 reps?

>SS
>Cutting bodyfat

You've never done this if you think you can deadlift that heavy twice a week.

I do this because I do PPL

The point is to run SS until you get kinda strong to take advantage of the noob gains, and then cut bodyfat. Not cut bodyfat while running SS

I allowed myself to fall into the trap of the whole “eat big to get big” dogma, whilst doing a pathetically low volume of lifting such as that found in 3×5 programs, I do feel that others (especially very young guys who don’t know any lifters IRL) will continue to get suckered into GOMAD whilst doing routines that last no longer than 20-25 minutes and just make them hate what they see in the mirror.

I know I did. I was fat, injured, still had skinny arms and didn’t lift again for years until more recent times. That was once the last of my tendonosis had cleared up, haha.

Not to mention, those routines just aren’t fun. They’re billed as “simple” but most of them have some elaborate deload process built in once you plateau that you’d never remember unless you did nothing but read that program day and night.

Basically if you ask anything about aesthetics in the starting strength forum, you are immediately told by the coaches to eat 6000 to 10,000 calories and avoid isolation exercises and cardio and only do SS . If you try to argue, you are immediately labeled as a TROLL.

Starting strength has the best poster boy for their program, that lard ass Zach Evetts.

That’s the result you get from GOMAD and following a fatass coach.

Why would you? Why are you rippletits shills so obsessed with squats? At my uni gym all the dyels squat 2-3 times a week. The ""big guys"" rarely if ever squat.

This guy is absolutely right. Do PPL, OP.

Good beginner program-- Coolcicada PPL

Push (Chest/Triceps/Shoulders):

Flat Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Seated (or Standing) Barbell Shoulder/Overhead Press: 3x5
Incline Barbell Bench Press: 3x5
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 3x10-12
Rope Pushdowns (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension or similar triceps exercise: 3x10-12
Shrugs(circuit machine or dumbbells): 3x10-12

Pull (Back/Biceps):

Barbell Rows: 3x5
Lat Pulldowns with (Long Bar or V-bar) (circuit machine): 3x8-10
Seated Rows (circuit machine) - optional if already doing barbell rows: 3x8-10
Face-pulls: 3x-10-12
Barbell Bicep Curls (Alternate between close and normal grip): 4x-10-12
Choice of one other bicep exercise (typically Hammer Curls): 3x10-12

Legs (Quad/Ham/Calves):

Barbell Squats: 4x5-6
Leg Press (optional if already doing above squats): 3x8-10
Leg Extensions (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Hamstring Curls (circuit machine): 3x10-12
Standing Calf Raises (circuit machine): 5x10-12

I usually do either P/P/L [REST] P/P/L or P/P/L/P/P/L[Rest]

* I did not list any warm-up exercises. *

can I do PLPxPLP?

not who you are replying to but I have run a ppl twice a week for a long time.. thing is progression just grinds to halt after so long and the need to change everything up from time to time does occur.

Of course you can. As you progress and learn more you can alter the program to suit your needs. I used that program as my base but personally don't see a need for a dedicated leg day. So I'll do some legs exercises every once in awhile. I do PPxPPxx

>sticky that hasn't been updated since Moot was posting here

Is 3x5 enough if you're not a beginner?

even a noob has no place doing low shitty volume.
How the hell is he gonna build muscle?

Why wouldn't he be building muscle?

this is true.
SL and SS just arent good enough novice routines.
They are way too unbalanced, both towards leg and towards pure """"strenght"""", with no mention of how to deal with stalls and periodization.
They are not the best for anybody interested in strenght training, and they are probably the worst for somebody interested in aesthetics

squat every day

Yes if used in correlation with other higher rep schemes. like Your compound lifts are strength based 3x5, while your accessory work is 3x8-10

>PPL for beginner
that is beyond retarded.

Why?
Because then you can't sucker them into doing a shitty bare bones peaking program with "strength" base lies and pretending that the quick and easy gains can only come from their optimally designed programs?

because a beginner wont be able to handle that volume, too much complexity for someone brand new, and they can make more gains in a more time efficient way doing a 3x a week full body routine.

Starting out on a PPL they won't make linear gains as fast.

there is a Veeky Forums manlet that does this at my gym, but its usually in the evenings on the upper floor not really in anyones way

Fast linear gains?
Sprinting to the finish line then realizing you don't know where to go next, how you got there, or if you ran correctly is not how you learn how to run.

It's a fucking toy program for imbeciles who don't know any better.

he made progress, not sure what the problem is

SS It's pretty shit. I pack more volume into my calf training than one day of that routine (not srs but kind of). I like having intensity, volume and high frequency.
SS is just not the type of program I would do. I also hate the fact that people support buying that book. 5 minutes and I learned how to deadlift, squat and bench press. Don't need to read the mechanics and physics and mathematics. It's nice to know, but I just like to lift heavy weights.

Best thing a beginner can do is work on himself and learn by trial and error. One thing people here forget is that training is fun, it's self improvement and betterment in your life. Beginner olympic lifters train 6x a week and work up to 14x and never over train. 3x a week and only like 5 exercises, what a bunch of bs. I can go on but no point.

>Beginner olympic lifters train 6x a week and work up to 14x and never over train. 3x a week and only like 5 exercises,

Their also on advanced levels of gear...

Slightly off topic, but what do you do if you can't make progress in PPL? Deload? I am stuck with 80 kg 3*5 BP for over a week.

So is there a beginner aesthetic routine or not? I don't want to get strong, I want to get cool

Follow

>5x5 until you hit 1/2/3/4
This is what that faggot meant, do this instead.

>being a GDE